Options

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    on the subject of birchbox: my first box came last month and was completely underwhelming. I know it's only $10 but still.

hoping for better this month, or I shan't be recommending it to you ladies

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Viv I shall post pics once I get home! Eee the colors look amazing, and she threw in a free lip gloss :)

WaM, aw, I'm sorry to hear that :(

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh jeez I am totally tumblr illiterate. How do I change my url?

Edit: figured it out!

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    Eee

eyeshadows_01.JPG

eyeshadows_02.JPG

eyeshadows_03.JPG

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Testing out the greens (the top two in that left stack) plus white velvet (top in the right stack)

green_envy.jpg

EDIT: Clearly I require mascara, but I was afraid of poking my eye/smudging my look as I often end up doing with mascara, so I thought I'd take a photo before I ruined it ;D

EDIT 2: Also, I can't seem to get the photo to reflect the colours accurately at all. Look completely different on my phone camera from my laptop from the PC. But you can still tell how shiny they are!

Janson on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    That's a lovely colour, it makes your eyes stand out well!

• Options
    Thanks Liiya!

I can't wait to test out the others! Now I just need to start wearing eye make-up more often...

• Options
    You can tell how shiny they are, I love the subtle colour-blend.

After trying on my denim shorts which I pondered a while back with @Sheri if they were too short for DisneyWorld, I have suddenly realised just how pale my legs are! I wish it was easier to find make-up for pale skin too. Anyone know any?

• Options
    I haven't a clue unfortunately! I know I read once about a make-up collection specifically for pale skin but google isn't helping me.

• Options
    Oh darn, I will have to do some research.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    That's gorgeous, @Janson! Some nice blending, too.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you! I have to give credit for the blending to the eyeshadows themselves - it was SO easy to do! Now all I need to do is test their staying power; I did use a primer, so hopefully they last most of the day. :)

BTW - does anyone know the rough shelf-life of mineral eyeshadows?

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Here are the nail polishes I bought yesterday!

UmljN.jpg

I'm kind of bummed to realize that the far-right polish is pretty much an exact duplicate of a polish I already own. :(

Sheri on
  • Options
    Also far left looks blue here, but it's actually dark amethyst.

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    ohhh @janson that's gorgeous

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Sheri, I love that pale blue and the amethyst! Can't wait to see how they look on!

WaM, thanks! I am very impressed with them so far, will have to try the rest soon!

• Options
    what's the best way to get mineral makeup to stay put, in your experience? just a good primer?

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Yes! I had a nap and a shower and tooks another photo I'll upload tonight - think it stayed on pretty well. I was fairly generous with the primer. You can also wet your brush and apply the eyeshadow wet; they can even be used as eyeliners!

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I want to see both!

@muse among men I really like the AHA lotion thus far! I'm using it every other night and I have already noticed it's doing wonders for my hyperpigmentation.

Phone posting because whenever I try to open a thread on my laptop I get the "bonk" page and I am too lazy to figure it out. My post count is about to plummet!

!!!

Glad to hear it is working out for you :)

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    what's the best way to get mineral makeup to stay put, in your experience? just a good primer?

good primer, setting spray, and blotting paper is generally how it goes for me

do you have very oily skin?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I reorganized the bathroom cabinet

I must say, it looks HEAPS clearer than it used to!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    More primer and setting spray is next on my list to get.

Yay! Getting organized always feels good.

• Options
    Okay, so this was how it looked 6 hours later, after a long nap and a shower (although I admittedly didn't get my face wet taking the shower):

green_envy_02.jpg

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    That reminds me: I love the way my eyeliner looks like slept-in. It is at a perfect width I can not replicate by hand, smudged up so close between the lashes. *sigh*

Anyone here know a thing or two about hair pieces? Preferably clip in. I want to add lighter color to my hair without bleaching it. I was thinking of colored heir pieces snuck into my hair so it just frames my face. Maybe colored bangs?

Also: snuck is totally a word.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    That reminds me: I love the way my eyeliner looks like slept-in. It is at a perfect width I can not replicate by hand, smudged up so close between the lashes. *sigh*

Anyone here know a thing or two about hair pieces? Preferably clip in. I want to add lighter color to my hair without bleaching it. I was thinking of colored heir pieces snuck into my hair so it just frames my face. Maybe colored bangs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51ld-scMI8

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I reorganized the bathroom cabinet

I must say, it looks HEAPS clearer than it used to!

Omg I did this last week, it's incredible.

• Options
    edited March 2012

currently it is crazy dry, but it will go back to oily in the warm weather

this morning I used primer + mac fix with an old mineral foundation I'd given up on, and it looks terrific! thanks ladies!

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Reorganizing my bathroom is something I really need to do.

Shorty wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51ld-scMI8

I love this.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options

currently it is crazy dry, but it will go back to oily in the warm weather

this morning I used primer + max fix with an old mineral foundation I'd given up on, and it looks terrific! thanks ladies!
    Yay! It's always nice to be able to use current supplies! :)

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    After trying out this Clinique toner for a while, I can pretty much say I haven't really noticed much of a difference. Time to look into something else!

Been trying out their eye serum too, and I've noticed a bit of a difference there, but not much so probably going to look into something else for that as well. Clinique isn't having a good run with me it seems! At least their Moisture Surge is rad (though I don't use it much).

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Today I smell awesome

This BPAL thing is going to become an addiction, I can just tell!

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    @janson really pretty eyeliner! it looks great.

@vivixenne thanks for the tip on setting eyeliner with a similar color of shadow - I tried it over the weekend and I got a much more precise finish with my eyeliner!

• Options
    tumblr_m0eetk9d3g1qcddvlo1_500.jpg

That looks familiar...

• Options
    Someone's been spying on you, Liiya!

• Options
    Liiya actually owns all those dresses. That tumblr takes place in her wardrobe.

I was trying to find the name of a movie which featured a gorgeous costume as worn by Clara Bowe and somehow ended up on Bikiniscience.com.

This is the most detailed website about bikinis and the women who wear them. Wow. The history portion is quite interesting actually but I'm surprised something like this exists the way it does.

GG015010.JPG

hot

and yes they had a surprisingly detailed section for Clara Bow and her swimsuits.

• Options
  • Options
    @sheri I have two questions:

1. would you consider posting pictures of the lather?
    2. do you think you'll ever expand to lotions or can you recommend someone who reviews them already?

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh dang I just realized I'm not following your tumblr Sheri.

Problem. Solved. B)

Also that most recent soap kind of sounds exactly like my kind of thing. I don't like having too many scents, so I try to get as much unscented stuff as I can so that the only scent on me is my hair. Plus I don't need anything super moisturizing for my body either. Think I may just check it out! Thanks for the review!

You mentioned you used it on your hair though. Did you notice it did a good job of making your hair feel clean? My biggest issue with skipping shampoo days is sometimes my hair just doesn't feel clean and it really bothers me.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    I hate being a skin picker under stress. All my diligent skincare is wasted after a tough afternoon at work. I have scratched the patch of skin under my ear raw >:|

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Awww!

I'm such a bad lip biter... They are always bleeding thanks to me not being able to leave them alone!

And my hair gets split ends purely because of how much I play with it and tangle it.

This discussion has been closed.