As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone is Fabulous [makeup and skincare] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    @sheri I have two questions:

1. would you consider posting pictures of the lather?
    2. do you think you'll ever expand to lotions or can you recommend someone who reviews them already?

1) I would consider it (a la the soap reviewer Cocobong), but this far i haven't figured out just HOW (I think the girl who does Cocobong uses a shaving soap brush to whip up her lather, which I don't have. I'd have to do it by hand, wash hands, dry hands, and try to get a good picture before the suds dwindle). But some time I'd like to!

2) I will gladly review lotions, just gotta get started. I use a lot of lotions and creams to help with my flare ups so I think it'd be a good idea. The good clean soap guys just offered to send me some to review so I'll probably take them up on it.

• Options
    Erics wrote: »
    Oh dang I just realized I'm not following your tumblr Sheri.

Problem. Solved. B)

Also that most recent soap kind of sounds exactly like my kind of thing. I don't like having too many scents, so I try to get as much unscented stuff as I can so that the only scent on me is my hair. Plus I don't need anything super moisturizing for my body either. Think I may just check it out! Thanks for the review!

You mentioned you used it on your hair though. Did you notice it did a good job of making your hair feel clean? My biggest issue with skipping shampoo days is sometimes my hair just doesn't feel clean and it really bothers me.

Yeah this one sounds like it would be a good bet for you.

Honestly I'm not sure if it made my hair feel distinctly clean, but it certainly didn't make it feel any LESS clean. I'd even say that I didn't really notice a difference between using it and using my bottle shampoo. But I think to really judge you need to actually make the switch to using it 100%, to see what it feels like to KEEP all tr natural oils and such in your hair (there's obviously none of the detergents found in regular bottle shampoo).

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    @Sheri

my soap dish finally arrived from Kenias Soap!

e3315be8.jpg

she'd sent it to an invalid address so when she re-sent it she threw in a free bar of soap!

you are totes getting me into soap via your blog, which is awesome! I'm now looking at the plain jane soap you just reviewed! I will jump on virtually anything that's safe for eczema-prone skin!

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Yessss I have a soap dish just like that (and two more bigger, oval ones)!

Also I am stoked to get people into soap

JOIN ME IN MY OBSESSION

• Options
    Also, I think I will do an entry on proper soap care and storage, since we're talking about soap dishes and whatnot!

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I can hook you up with a shaving brush

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Yessss I have a soap dish just like that (and two more bigger, oval ones)!

Also I am stoked to get people into soap

JOIN ME IN MY OBSESSION

Yeah I got this particular dish on your recommendation. :)

• Options
    Smart Hero wrote: »

And a shaving guest post?

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Also, I think I will do an entry on proper soap care and storage, since we're talking about soap dishes and whatnot!

This would be super helpful as I'm a lazy SOB who just leaves her soap in the shower!

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »

And a shaving guest post?

That is more challenging but I will try to get something done this week/next week because I am terrible.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    A guest post?

I suppose you can hang your brush on my shaving stand if you want.

• Options
    :^:

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

This would be super helpful as I'm a lazy SOB who just leaves her soap in the shower!
    Same here! Although I did get a soap dish for my face soap and that has been keeping my basin cleaner, at least!

• Options
    My Bunny Butt stuff got here last night Janson! The hand cream is lovely, and I'm liking the deodorant so far, though I probably won't be able to wear it every day since it has salicylic acid in it

• Options
    Aw, that's a pity! I probably should've posted the ingredients on mine for your information. How are you finding the scent(s)?

• Options
    The Pirate Booty is nice, sort of a rich, chocolately, spicy rum smell

I also got the hand cream in the Venus and Lemongrass scents, and they're both to die for

• Options
    Mm, Pirate Booty sounds good!

I still can't decide on what to get next... the deodorant is working for me pretty well, so I'd like to stock up on more of that and perhaps I'll try the cream, too. But there are so many delicious sounding scents!

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Bunny Butts. Pirate Booties.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    Speaking of pirate booty, I have reviewed a perfume! BPAL's Anne Bonny

• Options
    Great review, Usagi! And Sheri, too. Argh, now I'm wanting soaps AND more scents!

Usagi, you seem to be drawn to all the kinds of scents I am intrigued by but not brave enough to try...

• Options
    Thank you Janson! A lot of the imps I selected because I liked the description rather than the principal ingredients, though I find I do like the more bold scents.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I bought a perfume and was only able to enjoy it for a day because the day after I got sick and my nose is still not cooperating. I can't wait to wear it again though, it is a lilac soliflore. Very lovely.

• Options
    I bought a perfume and was only able to enjoy it for a day because the day after I got sick and my nose is still not cooperating. I can't wait to wear it again though, it is a lilac soliflore. Very lovely.

I have yet to try a lilac based scent

Today is asian plum/orchid/white musk and it's lovely but much too young for me

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My wife wanted me to ask you guys about hair straighteners. Hers is getting kind of old and she was wanting to get a new one and she wanted to know which ones were really good. I told her to ask in here herself since she signed up for an account a couple months ago but she's being shy. :bz

edit: she wanted me to mention that her hair is thick, long, and colored, if that makes a difference

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    God, with a name like Bunny Butt, I'm 95% of the way to buying it on principle.

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    It really is a great name.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    God, with a name like Bunny Butt, I'm 95% of the way to buying it on principle.

That's exactly why I did and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the product!

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    My wife wanted me to ask you guys about hair straighteners. Hers is getting kind of old and she was wanting to get a new one and she wanted to know which ones were really good. I told her to ask in here herself since she signed up for an account a couple months ago but she's being shy. :bz

edit: she wanted me to mention that her hair is thick, long, and colored, if that makes a difference

I use an artizen brand flat iron and it's great - heats up really quickly even though it's a few years old and I can straighten my medium-thick, curly hair in about 20-30 minutes. I don't use it super-regularly, probably once or twice a month, but my hair is still healthy, hardly has split ends, and never gets that dry, heat-damaged look. it's for use on dry hair only (wet to dry straighteners kind of freak me out, I can't imagine putting that amount of heat on my wet hair!). aaaand apparently it's expensive (~ $180, my mom gave it to me so I didn't know how much it cost until I googled it jut now) so if she doesn't want to drop that much cash I'd just recommend getting a ceramic flat iron!

• Options
    Well, I'd be buying it for her and price isn't a concern unless it's just really crazy.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

GHD and diva are the two best and most frequently recommended brands around here; not sure about the USA. They are known as being top-quality and long-lasting.

I reckon though that the brand might not end up mattering too much. As long as it holds its temperature well (and you want it to do this otherwise you are exposing your hair to longer periods of medium heat, which is worse than short periods of high heat) and she uses a heat protectant spray in her hair.

• Options
    I think I followed you on tumblr, usagi! I'm still figuring out how to do things with it!

viv, I have probably a bit of a silly question re: your latest post on eyeliner - what's the consistency of gel liner supposed to be like? the one I have does not seem to be super creamy.

I think I like this eyeshadow over/as eyeliner thing. I'm certainly better at applying it
    Picture14-2.png

• Options
    edited March 2012
    @bowtiedseal gel liner is in between a cream and a solid kohl pencil liner. Think of it like a chunk of ink in a pot that is stiff and a tiny bit dry.

Alternately, imagine what waterproof mascara would look like in a pot as opposed to a tube. That's kinda like gel liner.

The creaminess of gel liner really describes how well it goes on rather than its consistency in a pot.

Cream liner is naturally super creamy but is comparable to gel liner because of the way it is applied.

And ooooh that eyeliner looks great! :D

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    @Darmak I think the main thing is to make sure it has ceramic plates, and also it is helpful if the dial shows the actual temperature instead of an arbitrary high, medium, and low. I don't have any good brand recommendations, though, 'cause I don't straighten my hair since I grew out my bangs.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I added the Body Shop's serum to my skincare regimen about a two weeks ago, and between that and the gel-oil cleanser it's like I have a whole new face

Still oily in the T zone but holy wow is my skin soft and smooth

E: I also picked up some argan oil yesterday on a whim, planning to use it on my cuticles but if anybody has some and has used it in other places let me know!

Usagi on
  • Options
    Ooh, I love that colour eyeliner, bits! Looks gorgeous on you. :)

I am in need of new soap! But hm, what to choose, what to choose!...

• Options
    Thanks for the help @bowtiedseal, @Vivixenne and @MadEddy, I'll be sure and pass that info along to her!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    thanks viv! hm, I think I might need to try cream liner.

@usagi, I use an argan oil treatment on my hair! it makes it super soft.

and thanks @vivixenne and @janson! it's the chocolate color from this palette (although it doesn't look nearly as dark on me), which I've had forever and never use, over a bit of purple eyeliner.

• Options
    Ooh, as a hair oil! Thanks bits! Does it make your hair feel oily or greasy, or just soft?

• Options
    just soft! I think it adds a bit of shine too. if I'm using straight oil, I use just a little bit and work it into the ends of wet hair (I don't like putting product near my roots). I also have an argan oil curl creme I am a little more indiscriminate with.

• Options
    Yeah, my concern with my short hair/oily skin combo is that if it gets on my scalp I'll be super greasy. But I'll try it as a heat protectant!

This discussion has been closed.