Options

Crusader Kings 2 Multiplayer Extravaganza! (Tues/Thurs 10 PM; Save in OP)

• Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    Euphoriac wrote:
    Whenever the flying FUCK I find the time to play this game I bought, I intend to turn and/or keep England as free from Norman influence as possible. My favourite ever CK1 game ever was along the same lines.

I just wish we could create entirely new kingdoms. Kingdom of Northumbria go!

I really enjoyed the game tonight, and I'll throw up one or two other screenshots tomorrow, but for now I'll just leave this one. Mission Accomplished.

ethnicpurity.jpg

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote:
    Nice run tonight guys. I think we got a good set of screenshots too.

I'm still amazed by the circus that was Lombardia's first 26 years.

Pfft, like you've never been thrown in prison for attempting to murder your lesbian daughter-in-law.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    To save time for next session, assuming this works:

Save at http://phyphor.padev.net/mp_Flanders1093_01_02.zip
    Unzip into My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\save games

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Does it matter that it says Flanders?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Probably not

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Speaking of next session: when do we want to play again? I'm fine with tomorrow if you guys can all do it, but otherwise pick a day M, Tu, W, Th next week.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I'd be ok to do it again tomorrow, then maybe move to Tuesdays and Thursdays starting next week? But whatever works...

• Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    I'm good with whenever.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yup I can do tomorrow.

Characters
  • Options
    We didn't take many/any screens during the actual gameplay but once we were done I took a few to highlight what happened and some notable characters that were heavily discussed in vent.
    5yzpmq.png

Here's the political map, with the most notable occurrences that aren't strictly related to us being Sweden being inherited by the King's uncle, who still subscribed to the old Norse ways. The HRE and Denmark promptly invaded and took large chunks of southern Sweden. At the same time, Norway has been broken up into several chunks (more on this in a minute). The other important thing is Azerbaijan, perhaps being imbued with the spirit of Wiz, has invaded and conquered both Georgia and Alania.

2567i1c.png

Here's just us highlighted, with the player names so you can see who's where if you zoom. I've got the southern third of Ireland, PolloDiablo is the extremely powerful English Duchy (he also has the Baleares, having been tipped off by Carrot that they were largely unoccupied). Phyphor is making inroads into France. The Reconquista is proceeding nicely, assisted by jdarksun inheriting Leon in like the first month of the game. shalmelo and Aegis are splitting northern Italy pretty nicely, and Brian Krakow has taken the Duchy of Apulia, aggressively invaded Sicily, declared himself King, become a Maghreb (I totally forgot to take a screenshot of this) and his hunchbacked, badass King is now invading and conquering Tripoli.

Meanwhile, Aegis has become the Pope's favorite and has been merrily excommunicating people left and right. I believe this is the second Norwegian monarch he's done this too (at the behest of Pollo as they keep invading England) and Pollo himself assassinated Harold Hardrata (I think). Also, there's Phillippe Capet, who kind of sucks and has been excommunicated in the hopes that France will stop taking Spanish territory that Carrot would very much like to have.

smunox.png2wh33id.png

2rxboyp.png

This here is my Duke, who is still the same guy as from the start of the game. He's had 9 children so far, with a tenth on the way. But he only had 4 children at the age of 52 and has since gotten quite busy. Unfortunately, children 5-8 were in order: an imbecile, an imbecile, slow, and an imbecile.

6yo1nc.png

And this is the talked about lesbian daughter in law. Note shalmelo's heir's Freddie Mercury mustache. It's a pretty gay time down there in Italy. So sometime between the betrothal and marriage to his heir, this chick discovered girls. shalmelo didn't notice, and after he did he tried to assassinate her. Unfortunately he was caught, thrown in prison, and when he finally ransomed his way out, she led a plot to kill him in revenge. Good times all around. It's all bad though, as you can see she managed to give him three children.

A character I forgot to take a screenshot but was notably awesome was someone's (I forget whose?) dwarf child who was kind, just, gregarious, and gluttonous if I remember right. It *was* Tyrion.

And lastly, a vent exchange that amused me:

"Why does it cost me 50 gold to strangle my son in his crib? And why does it have a (low number) percent chance of working?"
    "It's a 44% chance if you want me to do it."

• Options
    Yeah tomorrow is fine with me

• Options
    edited February 2012
    That was my dwarf child who turned out to be a twin. I really need to screenshot that tomorrow now that you mention it. If I'd have known his traits would develop like that I'd have named him Tyrion.

His traits I think were: Dwarf, Deceitful, Gluttonous, Kind, Just.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    That excommunication has had little effect so far. A few provinces have been sieged by rebels, but there's not much prospect of me taking Calatayud, which is the one I really want. Guess it's my own fault for putting it off.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Yea, France's excommunication has done jack shit. He has so much prestige (moving in on 1500) that everyone in France loves him and it's just not causing any sort of breakdown.

Meanwhile, my excommunication of Norway resulted in its near complete disintegration and the saving of England. Scotland promptly invaded Norway followed by the HRE a decade later. Then Norway got hit with a succession war which broke off a central part of them and that ended up resulting in the breakaway state pledging fealty to Denmark.

I was considering excommunicating the King of England but Pollo's no fun :P

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Oh right: so far the neighbors have been allies, but there were rumblings of at least a shadow war between Phyphor and Captain Carrot, as Captain Carrot has put himself in position to inherit Toulouse and has a second son married to the Duchess of Burgundy. Phyphor wants France intact, so this may cause conflict. Also, while they're peaceful thus far, shalmelo/Aegis/Brian Krakow are all in Italy. How long with the shalmelo/Aegis alliance last, and how long will the Pope continue to function as a buffer state? And can the Spanish stay united against the Muslims or will that end in horrible, horrible war?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    And lastly, a vent exchange that amused me:

"Why does it cost me 50 gold to strangle my son in his crib? And why does it only have a 28 percent chance of working?"
    "It's a 44% chance if you want me to do it."

Heh, that was also me. Who knew that my lesbian wife would wind up being so damned fertile?

Now I'm stuck with gavelkind and my weakling little second son is set to inherit half my territory. I need to build a bishopric to stick him with, and quick.

EDIT: And that kid is virtually unkillable. I forgot about how my spymaster discovered that my little brother (one of my vassals) had a plot to kill my second son and gave me the option to throw my brother in jail. I left him out of prison, hoping that he might actually follow through with it. Well he tried, and on two separate occasions his "highly trained assassins" failed to kill off a weakling toddler. I'm beginning to think that being comically inept at assassinations is buried somewhere in the Lombard genetic code.

shalmelo on
  • Options
    Also we have that Crusade to worry about. Just as we ended the session the Pope called for a Crusade on Tyrus.

I'm kind of interested in the prestige and peity rewards (200 & 400 respectively I think).

Characters
  • Options
    Somehow I don't think I'll be crusading with my ~800 men. :P

• Options
    I'm in a bit of a bind for my next generation. I made the mistake of marrying off my heir to a Baroness. Problem is she's of a different liege than the HRE, so now I apparently have no option to grant him land until I kick the bucket and he comes back to Tuscany.

But I'm gavelkind and I have a 2nd son. I would rather the 2nd son didn't split my personal demesne in half. I suppose I could save the 700 to make a new Bishoric but that's a good 6 years worth of not building anything or pressing claims.

Characters
  • Options
    Phyphor, can I just have some of southern France? I need a secure realm.

• Options
    I've successfully change to primogeniture, so I don't have to worry about my horde of morons inheriting things.

• Options

Sure, I don't mind you having Toulouse, but Burgundy & Champagne are my only expansion spots at the moment

• Options
    edited February 2012
    This is about how I figured things would play out - everybody plays nice until suddenly there's less room to expand. I'm guessing we've got about two more play sessions of player peace, and then all hell is going to break loose.

And Aegis - you sound like you're in about the same shoes as me. Do I take a decade off to save the money and build my second son a nice little prison church of his very own, or do I try to find a more creative way to get him out of the line of succession?

shalmelo on
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote:
    This is about how I figured things would play out - everybody plays nice until suddenly there's less room to expand. I'm guessing we've got about two more play sessions of player peace, and then all hell is going to break loose.

And Aegis - you sound like you're in about the same shoes as me. Do I take a decade off to save the money and build my second son a nice little prison church of his very own, or do I try to find a more creative way to get him out of the line of succession?

I just got a claim on a prince-bishop... so that problem is void for me!
    Revoke the title of a bishop or nominate your son as successor to every old bishop you can

• Options
    I've successfully change to primogeniture, so I don't have to worry about my horde of morons inheriting things.

I HAD primogeniture, but I think I screwed things up when I gave my heir (and current Duke) Ugo the County of Genoa when he turned 16. Genoa has elective succession, so when my first guy died and Ugo took the throne, suddenly my whole realm was elective for some reason. I had to change the laws to keep things in my family, but because of the overarching laws of the HRE the only thing I could change to was Gavelkind. Which would have been fine if my son had remained an only child, but then my lesbian wife had to go and get herself pregnant with twins and throw another huge monkeywrench into things.

I swear, this game is going to send me straight into the congregation of the Westboro Baptist Church. God Hates Duchesses...

• Options
    Phyphor wrote:
    shalmelo wrote:

Revoke the title of a bishop or nominate your son as successor to every old bishop you can

I knew about the possibility of revoking a title - I've got the Bishop of Nice, who already dislikes me, waiting in the wings as an option for clearing a spot, if it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get the cash together. But how would I go about nominating a successor?

jdarksun wrote:
    You think Italy is going to make it two more play sessions? That's a knife fight in a phone booth ready to happen.

Maybe I'm being naive, and Aegis is already sharpening his swords. But there's plenty of room for me to maneuver to the west of my current holdings right now. I want to move in and absorb Savoie and Provence, maybe Lyon, and hopefully eventually create the Kingdom of Burgundy. Don't really need to do anything else on the Italian peninsula to keep me happy.

• Options
    shalmelo wrote:
    Phyphor wrote:
    shalmelo wrote:

I knew about the possibility of revoking a title - I've got the Bishop of Nice, who already dislikes me, waiting in the wings as an option for clearing a spot, if it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get the cash together. But how would I go about nominating a successor?

jdarksun wrote:
    You think Italy is going to make it two more play sessions? That's a knife fight in a phone booth ready to happen.

Maybe I'm being naive, and Aegis is already sharpening his swords. But there's plenty of room for me to maneuver to the west of my current holdings right now. I want to move in and absorb Savoie and Provence, maybe Lyon, and hopefully eventually create the Kingdom of Burgundy. Don't really need to do anything else on the Italian peninsula to keep me happy.

Open up the religion pane, all your bishops are listed below with a big button to change the succession. Assuming you still have free investiture of course

• Options
    Phyphor wrote:

Sure, I don't mind you having Toulouse, but Burgundy & Champagne are my only expansion spots at the moment

Cool. Bear in mind that my second son is married to the Duchess of Burgundy, so it won't be united with Aragon or Toulouse. Can I try for Aquitaine as well, or would you rather keep that in-country? And I don't suppose you can do anything about getting Philip to release Catalayud, and possibly Castellon?

• Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    I don't want to post a bunch of big pictures, but in the preview the spoiler tag is broken, so I'll give it a shot anyway. It's just a few thoughts on life in England and some shots of the world.
    Nobody dies a natural death up in England. My first Duke, Eadwin, stopped the first Norse invasion by assasinating Harold Hardrada. I went for two and tried to assassinate William the Bastard, but failed. Afterwards Eadwin was found to have accidentally brutally stabbed himself in the stomach while shaving. His only son, Estmond, took over. He inherited the Duchy of York when his Uncle accidentally impaled himself on a spear. Estmond died a few years later at 24, killed in battle during the second Norse invasion. Unfortunately nobody had lived long enough to change from gavelkind, so his two daughters split his inheritance. Estmond's wife was pregnant with a son at the time, but popped him late enough to screw up the inheritance situation. The new Duchess AElfwyn was just a little kid when her brother and sister both accidentally brutally cut their heads off while combing their hair, the upside being that I reinherited the Duchy of York.

witchers.jpg

This is my current Duchess, just for interest's sake.

me.jpg

I took a few shots of England throughout the wars, but for the most part they're all the same as this one. Enemy armies rolling over us, the King nowhere to be found, the valiant Lancastrians holding the line. We had the two big invasions at the beginning, but after we repulsed William the Pope excommunicated our King. After that, every few years another country would roll in and start smashing up the place. The worst war was when seemingly most of France came knocking, with William's son at their head. We actually lost that one, but not much seemed to happen. Kent broke away during that one, sometime around '74, and wasn't reabsorbed until the mid '80s.

wars.jpg

And man, that Duchess Gerberga has been hitting the spice too hard. She has Fremen eyes. I also got a shot of Sultan Roger the hunchback. I just love his combination of title and name.

sultanroger.jpg

Here are a few shots of our realms expanding, although I missed the periods of explosive growth a few of you had at the beginning.

players1.jpg
    players2.jpg
    players3.jpg

• Options
    Yeah, I checked which son was going to inherit. Burgundy actually only has one province and I'm trying to claim it, so she's likely to get deposed fairly soon anyway (not entirely sure what happens actually since you need a holding to be able to rule). I can't really force the king to do anything yet, no. I'd rather you didn't try for Aquitaine as they're about 1/3 of France. Maybe some of the southern provinces if they split up. I mean you can still go for it sure, but I'll be looking to take it back once I get the crown

• Options
    Yeah, seeing as how Aquitaine holds about three duchies right now, I'd be fairly happy with just Gascogne.

• Options
    Spaniards, Pollo, tonight good?

• Options
  • Options
    Hmm. Apparently my Crown Authority doesn't affect my provinces which are in the de jure Byzantine Empire (the entire Kingdom of Sicily).

New long term goal: destroy the schismatics. Not quite sure how I'm going to do that, but it must be done.

• Options
    Assassinate all the emperors? It should break up and then we can get super Azerbaijan.

• Options
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm a bit cash poor at the moment so I'm not going to be able to send out assassins for a while, but in the meantime if anyone is feeling charitable, please, feel free to contribute to the daggers for Byzantines fund.

• Options
    Hmm. Apparently my Crown Authority doesn't affect my provinces which are in the de jure Byzantine Empire (the entire Kingdom of Sicily).

New long term goal: destroy the schismatics. Not quite sure how I'm going to do that, but it must be done.

If anyone can do it, Sultan Roger the hunchback can. Dude's a badass.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I could toss some money around as it seems I'm current pulling in the most per month if people need money for things. Looking forward to adding Venice to my city income, though it's sad that the 32 income main city gets hit with -75% :(

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Change the county seat to a castle then

• Options
    How? I've looked around before but never saw an option.

Characters