As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division] Re-industrializing Manhatten one gun at a time. Releasing March 8th 2016.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I rinse all my dollar bills in warm, soapy water before reusing them. I understand that people with large quantities of cash use money launderers instead, probably because that's more convenient.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I just use an ATM card these days.

Why I hate that most places still have old school vending machines.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I am invincible, so petty mortal diseases have no affect on my mighty constitution.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    This game looks pretty neat.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I have to make sure I have my PS4 before this game and Watch Dogs comes out.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Most people will rob someone at gun point and take their money... I make them buy something for me at gun point with their cash.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I rinse all my dollar bills in warm, soapy water before reusing them. I understand that people with large quantities of cash use money launderers instead, probably because that's more convenient.

But seriously, money is disgusting. That dollar bill in your pocket has likely been in possession of fifty people before you, most of which don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom or hold some of the money in their bras. I don't know that we need to have specially engineered viruses on the bills to wipe out all of civilization.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

But seriously, money is disgusting. That dollar bill in your pocket has likely been in possession of fifty people before you, most of which don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom or hold some of the money in their bras. I don't know that we need to have specially engineered viruses on the bills to wipe out all of civilization.

I know whenever I get paid a large sum of money I go to a random hotel and make it rain on a bunch of hired prostitutes.

So yeah...you never know.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

Totally OT, but related to my favorite band, so...
    Also, I've seen what strippers sometimes do with money. I just consider every $1 bill tainted.

• Options
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    my body may not be ready.... this could get messy folks.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Engine showcase next Monday. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu5d-HsN3dQ

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    so trailer at VGX and then more details on Monday? awesome!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Aaargh, death to teasers for trailers.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

at least its not a countdown to a teaser for a trailer.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

They only really help youtube. :)

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Havok physics tech on The Division: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/05/the-division-and-watch_dogs-will-use-havok-tech-to-provide-a-consistent-experience-on-all-platforms/

The corpses clinging on you like Dark Souls would be really funny.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Ah yes, Havok, where corpses have the weight of balloon animals.

• Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    Didn't they mention that the game can be played in single-player too?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Nope... in fact I think this article confirmed it to be always online

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/17/the-division-details-on-driving-black-market-and-more
    When you start out in the always-online game, it'll apparently be with 72 hours-worth of basic equipment and supplies that aren't going to get you too far. This is where the RPG elements of the game come in, with Rydby explaining "Moving throughout the world, it's going to be a lot about looting and acquiring new gear as you progress. We're focusing a lot on the RPG aspects of the game since we are very much an RPG, so acquiring loot and gearing up your character is going to be a very big part of the game."

• Options
    other new details from that article include:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKT0PEziaQw

• Options
    Let me see if I can find the article.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Here it is: http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-classless-characters-second-screens-mid-crisis-world-e3-2013/
    First, it’s important to note that The Division is fully playable solo. (“It’s a wonderful single-player game!” Barnard promises.) So you lonely types, go on… play it as you like. But for the rest of us, The Division promises a rich, varied and seamless multiplayer experience that includes co-operative tactical action, factional conflicts, and full-on player-vs-player (PvP). “What a lot of games do in this genre is split it,” Barnard says. “So I play my single-player experience and then I’m kind of done with that part of the game. Or I go play multiplayer or PvP. We want to approach this differently. We want to make it part of the journey and make it part of the main experience for the game.”

I think I saw something in a recent article but I can't find it.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    It's starting to sound really interesting now. I was hoping it would have some survival aspects to it.

• Options
    You know this is probably the first MMO I've been excited for in well...forever.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    other new details from that article include:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKT0PEziaQw

Why did they greenscreen a newsroom in behind the IGN guy? It's not even an exciting newsroom.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    What happened to that other Tom Clancy game, Rainbow Six: Patriots(?)

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Here it is: http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-classless-characters-second-screens-mid-crisis-world-e3-2013/
    First, it’s important to note that The Division is fully playable solo. (“It’s a wonderful single-player game!” Barnard promises.) So you lonely types, go on… play it as you like. But for the rest of us, The Division promises a rich, varied and seamless multiplayer experience that includes co-operative tactical action, factional conflicts, and full-on player-vs-player (PvP). “What a lot of games do in this genre is split it,” Barnard says. “So I play my single-player experience and then I’m kind of done with that part of the game. Or I go play multiplayer or PvP. We want to approach this differently. We want to make it part of the journey and make it part of the main experience for the game.”

I think I saw something in a recent article but I can't find it.

That statement is saying they wont be splitting The Division into SP and MP components.

To be honest about the only bad thing I can say about this game is that so far I can't imagine playing it solo would be very interesting.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    I've been cautiously optimistic about this, but the one thing that has confused me is that everyone keeps referring to it as an MMO.

From what I've read it's going to be more of a coop game, that integrates small sets of other players in the 'dark zones' to create PvP opportunities. So basically, when you are in any zone but one of the dark zones, it's basically single-player or coop ala Borderlands 2. Once you make it into a 'dark zone', it takes other coop groups (who knows how many) and puts you all on into the same zone server. So really more of a coop game with some seamless matchmaking for some limited pvp.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »

It's still in "development". I dunno, it hasn't been officially cancelled or anything, but I think the team may be working on other projects like this one.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    They can take their sweet time with this as far as I'm concerned. I love the concept and want them to make their best with it.

• Options
    You know this will probably be the first time I engage in PvP in a game like this.

I usually avoid it in RPGs because I feel like you have to min-max to have an competitive setup but it really seems to fit the setting in this kind of game.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

Last word was it was getting getting drastically retooled.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

If they got rid of the domestic terrorist plot I would be so irritated.

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I just can't get excited for this game. It looks great, but knowing it'll probably be using that uplay shit ubi tries to shovel onto everyone machine just makes my dick limp. Same is said for EA games.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Gotta have brown terrorists

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Darmak wrote: »

Gotta have brown terrorists

I don't know...with the way things are looking we might be going back to the tried and true Russian soon enough.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Gotta love the classics.

This discussion has been closed.