As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm in a DOODLIN' Mood

• Options
    CalciumtriceCalciumtrice Registered User regular
    Whelk wrote: »
    z1zi45ltpvdk.png

Drew my current RPG character. A witch strong in herbology and headology.

I'd been getting too mixed up doing neat inks all the time and my stuff has been getting really stale so I'm gonna just do rougher lines with more energy and I am happy with this as a start!

This looks great!

What's headology?

Basically just using psychology to convince people that your common sense reasoning or scientific cures/solutions are powerful witchy magic so they'll be convinced they'll work.

"The practice of headology relies on the principle that what people believe is what is real. This is used by witches to earn respect or at least fear, and also to cure patients." As practiced by Granny Weatherwax in the Discworld books.

• Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    I constantly forget I need to read more Discworld

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    not done yet

p7pwiconu34n.png

I'm not happy with it yet.

• Options
    Kim kongKim kong Registered User regular
    8e9tzmqcud5z.jpeg
    ydkullo473l4.jpeg
    fwvce51ixgas.jpeg
    2e6zj2kjf62t.jpeg

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    diisxzi56er1.jpeg

I did this real quick before work this morning for a pal but honestly for the time I put into it I think it slaps!

• Options
    01lqnjpdgo7f.png

Horns.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Figure drawing thread in the art forum is kinda dead, so I'm gonna put some practice stuff here!

xu26ip7mbh5b.jpg

Drawing people's tough :<

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Reworked the bases completely.

chwexfaza0ky.png

I think the increased definition looks better, no?

• Options
    Local bad guys. Very proud that you can tell their personalities from simple line art. You might even be able to tell who wants to betray their psychotic boss.

jgqxwhbe78pm.png

• Options
    Local bad guys. Very proud that you can tell their personalities from simple line art. You might even be able to tell who wants to betray their psychotic boss.

jgqxwhbe78pm.png

is it the upside down triangle hat person?

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    Ring head knows as the most scholarly of their servants believes he has been entrusted with all of their plans and secrets. As no monarch rules forever obviously ring heads plans within plans will one day bear fruit.

Cone hat, commanding the armies in his lord's name believes his might alone will allow him to one day rule.

Rectangle head is a simp and a true believer.

Triangle.head is looked at as the fixer and a bit of a loose canon but they're going to go full wildcard and get them all killed and take over Kefka style.

• Options
    It is a secret to everybody! Great guesses though.

• Options
    Naw for real though it’s simply all of them! Insane that you have them down, more or less, @Alexandier

I must be getting a bit better at character design and showing emotion in characters.

• Options
    gw0lpy8fjgqk.png
    Worked on this over 9 hours according to Procreate. time well spent.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    eyqs3pn9rp6l.jpg
    Doodled this up for a contest entry for a Twitch streamer I follow. One of his channel mascots.

• Options
    I’ve never watched Twitch but that’s what I imagine it looks like.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I got an iPad recently as a fun contract renewal present for myself and I got Procreate.

I’ve just been getting used to it and scribbling stuff on the same document.

I’ve just realized that it has a Timelapse replay feature and that means there is a file with hours of me solving high school level algebra problems from Khan Academy interspersed with random doodles of buff people.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    A Hades discord I’m in is doing a maid theme week so I drew my favourite Hades character in a maid dress.

vlFk99L.jpg

• Options
    Taya wrote: »
    A Hades discord I’m in is doing a maid theme week so I drew my favourite Hades character in a maid dress.

vlFk99L.jpg

Now do ms. Dusa!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

vlFk99L.jpg

Now do ms. Dusa!

Every snake in an apron!

• Options
    Hello? Why am I wearing this all of a sudden?

• Options
    mbxfw1e4z6jt.png

Coolin' off.

Anxiety spiked pretty badly yesterday but managed to start a doodle to occupy myself. I'm guilty of drawing characters just standing in an empty space far too often so thought I'd do something with one at least sitting/interacting with a little something.

• Options
    1elvcbu8vb5x.gif

• Options
    POV: You have activated a 20 year old man’s hobby conversation mode.

e3hsb08q3sh2.gif

• Options
    I love seeing every one of your drawings, @Endless_Serpents. They are so good and full of personality and you always seem to have a ton of cool design ideas.

So good job!

• Options
    I love seeing every one of your drawings, @Endless_Serpents. They are so good and full of personality and you always seem to have a ton of cool design ideas.

So good job!

Thank you. I don’t get a lot of time to make art, so I try to at least smash out the concept, if not the execution.

• Options
    Folks from New Zellatia.

2r41tc6lxt1c.jpeg

• Options
    decided to try a random style and draw my players' characters for this RPG I'm playtesting.

lnxuwqwy781o.png

From left to right, Stanislav "Koschei" Vasilyev, Aurora Magnolia Flameo, Orvokki Saatijannen, Carapace "Cara" Fang and Ilia Rossum

they are, again from left to right....

A semi-reanimated Russian mobster who can force defenses up or down with sheer force, a weathermage with elemental powers, a surgeon who can manipulate flesh, a memelord that can summon memes and a cyborg who can turn anyone into a robot version of themselves.

i'll do another sketch pass with a finer pen, add detailing and such.... then maybe color it in.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    3hvyk5x5lmcv.png

one and done.

EDIT: more context, this is Orvokki "Cronenbussy" Saatijannen

She's a Flesh-aligned Adept. this means she uses force of will to manipulate flesh. She does however, have special training, she actually uses finesse and style to make smaller-scale changes that last as long as needed. She's also very funny and has lamprey mouths in the palms of her hands.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    f9d72sjiizek.png
    The whole crew's here now.

• Options
    The Blue Wizards

l5yi0hzvq37g.jpeg

• Options
    AAAAAAAND IT'S DONE.

hjuths2pzo80.png

POV you’re the shady CEO about to send these five chuckleheads you blackmailed to heist a priceless artifact in Vegas.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Extremely speed redesigns for some ancient anime. I’ve got no nostalgia for it, so I was able to just smash what I think is ‘better’ into them.

Original designs:
    qonidla3cey7.jpeg
    z7dfypvgdziu.jpeg
    0i96rt0dc7fu.jpeg

9b4e2bteeyf9.jpeg

44p7pacxe8lw.png

Thoughts:
    Parn, a bull headed swordsman. I wanted to drop the half-plate. I think steel protection assumes a certain level of society, of wealth and power, that shouldn’t be afforded to your plucky hero in episode one. I think the puffy gambeson, or whatever that is, makes him look a little younger and more huggable. Plus, I’m thinking you pull a Samurai Jack in one episode and have him rip it off for a sexy increase of speed. Eventually you slap him in a knight outfit for the endgame. His new haircut would be based on some old Finnish thing where you shave it all but the top—think it was to tell who was who on the battlefield.

Deedlit, the elf. So all I know is she’s over a hundred years old but looks young and has the hots for Parn. Japan. I think this character should not be over a hundred years old and should glow. Thrown a kind of faux-Ainu look on her, a bit of all sorts; just stuff to say she’s not from around here. Her weird Super Sentai shoulder pads can be an endgame upgrade maybe.

Woodchuck is the thief with the red scarf. He’s the best design they’ve got. Has a real face with features. Has an actual personality. Nothing much to change about him. He’s supposed to be ugly, but I think it’d be funnier if he’s a six foot tall hunk that is also a sneak thief.

Next one is the dwarf who is a dwarf. I actually like his design a lot when compared to the original designs, but since I’ve stripped the steel off everyone else I think he can now be a tin can. That’s his thing now, a tank compared to the now more agile Parn. His ‘upgrade’ over time would be to slowly reveal more of himself, so he can actually emote in scenes. Plus dye the armour blue, because dying armour was a thing!

The wizard is called Slayn. Yup. He’s calm, that’s his move, being calm. His original look makes sense, but doesn’t have anything extra to it. He’s like if you picked the wizard class in a game and skipped the face editor. Made him an albino Māori and put a Mongolian hat on him. He’s a Jedi now. I’m thinking the poncho looking thing comes off in the heat of battle and reveals his sick tats. The traditional Māori pattern over his mouth is justified in universe as helping him say spells more powerfully.

I added a living staff for Slayn, because as numerous media has taught us, magic carpets, floating books and sassy capes are funny.

The cleric has no lines and his personality is a weaker version of Slayn. No one wants to animate his robes. The sixth man is always a pain in the ass. I adore the hat in the original design; is that a Catholic thing? Jewish? Shinto? I don’t know but it’s right. So is the monk haircut. All I really did was make his personality ’the jolly one’ and make his clothes sharp. In the story he’s thrown a post-credit (maybe it’s even just written down somewhere, haven’t checked) bone; ends up becoming a king after marrying a princess. In my version this should happen as part of the endgame. He’s gotta king up to help everyone win.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Sitting on my bed at 3 am, doodling, listening to Blind Guardian, just like in middle school.

And you know what?

Night at the Opera rips even harder than I thought it did in middle school.

So does Imaginations from the Other Side.

Nightfall in Middle-Earth has always ripped the utmost.

• Options
    Yeah, thats right, only fine art in this thread.

k3lvvvc2t7ax.png

huhw6q7jyw6m.png

• Options
    Friend had a simple request.

I obliged.

8jqsiojybwdl.png

• Options
    Self portrait day!

9bi17tuk1ckd.jpeg

• Options
    Yeah! Self portrait day!

njypwfgj3rae.png

• Options
    uzklycabehzx.png
    Vraska Golgar is a valid troll name.

• Options
    Doing some sculpting with a 30-Day trial of 3dCoat.

Voxel-based sculpting engine! Imagine!

vn7J6g5.png

It also has some built-in Jama Jurabaev shaders to make things look like extra messy clay.
    UtIxzKE.png