As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bravely Second: Cats, culinarians, and cocks

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Look man.

Thief boss guy stealing everything is wrong.

But me, I got a world to save. So I need all your shit. That includes that fancy sword you're using to kill me.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    fuck ringabel

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    No, that's just what he wants!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Kinda wished they gated some of the village items by chapter

It's pretty easy to build up once you've got 10 or so villagers and some of these weapons really trivialize the bosses

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    I finally started tooling around with the job system. Swapped Tiz to Ranger and Ringabel to Summoner, but I'm still too afraid of not carrying a White Mage and a Knight to change everyone yet.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I admit that I like Ringabell, if only for the reactions he provokes.

On a side note, I really love the party chat in this game. There have been several times where the characters went through the same silly chains of logic as me, concerning mechanics or the story.

Be prepared for mild to severe discomfort!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    I need to get around to figuring out and posting my friend code/adding everyone else's. Maybe I'll do that later today, even though my 3DS is just sitting upstairs, with Bravely Default on in sleep mode.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I hate the bosses in this game.

Dude has a aoe that inflicts silence and does 1700 damage to my whole party its absurd.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Dude has a aoe that inflicts silence and does 1700 damage to my whole party its absurd.

BE MORE BRAVE

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

BE MORE BRAVE

The more BP you have the more damage it deals.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

BE MORE BRAVE

The more BP you have the more damage it deals.

BE LESS BRAVE

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    BE OF AVERAGE BRAVENESS

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    brave for some, small american flags for others

and always defaulting, defaulting towards freedom

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The two sweetest words in the English language! De-FAULT! De-FAULT! De-FAULT!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So I found out about the fast forward through combat animations thing

And then I bought this

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    yeah if people don't know already left and right on the d pad will slow down and fast forward combat animations, up to 4x speed. right on the d-pad also can be used to hit instead of A on some dialogs so you can play one handed to an extent

also hitting x or y (I forget which) to enable auto to repeat all your commands again, so if you can easily go 4x brave with each character and kill mobs you can set those commands once, auto them, and grind super easily and fast

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wish I could navigate the menu with the analog stick

• Options
    Keep in mind that you can't adjust the speed during Summon animations

You can adjust it beforehand and it will skip the animation altogether, though

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    tsplitter wrote: »
    fuck ringabel

He ain't a bad guy really

He's a womanizer but they actually spend a while contrasting him against pickup artists
    Also I don't think he's all he appears to be

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Whenever Ringabel and the sage are having a conversation, I want so badly to skip the scene

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    some thoughts up to chapter 3
    they are alluding to the journal being the dark knight's but that can't be possible as he would not have known things like edea joining. also since they are following what the journal says it's a bit of a self-fulfilling thing

the earth vestel hasn't been mentioned at all. I imagine we will see her at some point

I can't wait to fight the performer boss

why is no one pointing out that this guy is a talking rodent? furthermore why is he a talking rodent?

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Since I got a 3DS all of a couple months ago and haven't yet played a game where streetpassing was actually all that useful, how does this work with friend codes since I don't understand Nintendo's esoteric online deal?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Yo, this merchant hurts.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    How do you add friends on a nintendo

Because I added a bunch of codes (like vigils) and I ain't got diddly squat from it

• Options
    I need to add people... And get my friend code in this thread.

• Options
    about halfway in maybe?
    i killed the pirate boss and felt bad about it. Then I read his journal and felt really bad.

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    merchant was the first boss I waited a bit to kill. second was the red mage. that guy might as well be the final boss of chapter 2

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Red Mage was the hardest boss I've fought yet

Dirty amount of nasty status powers

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    about halfway in maybe?
    i killed the pirate boss and felt bad about it. Then I read his journal and felt really bad.

Where did you find
    his journal?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    about halfway in maybe?

You feel less bad after you learn free lunch from swordmaster and the pirates quad damage attack that usually costs half your mp is free .

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    How do you add friends on a nintendo

Because I added a bunch of codes (like vigils) and I ain't got diddly squat from it
    Because of how Nintendo has it set up it only fully works if they add you back too.
    the 3DS does not give notifications when someone adds you so you will need to notify the people you added to add your friendcode.
    if it was PA people you can @ their name in a thread or PM them with your friendcode

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    about halfway in maybe?

Where did you find
    his journal?
    It's one of those memos you find in ringabel's notes when you beat him

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    So boss question
    For victor/Victoria What removes the death status. And is it worth tracking down bracelets oir immunity?

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Gumpy, I had yours set as 4313 - 1547 - 1743
    Let me know if I need to adjust that number.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I added everybody that's posted in the thread so far with a friend code in a post or in their sig

post more cooooodes people

• Options
    Seems like dudes are progressing faster than me, but I got ya added, @Cornell002

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    2681-0402-6678

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Atari SoulAtari Soul Registered User regular
    This is a bit of a stupid question, but I just bought a 3DS to play this game. Where do I find my friend code? And is it specific to the 3DS or to the game?

• Options
    So when you press home, it brings you out of the game.
    Uptop is a red square face, hit that.
    Next to "Friend List", is your mii and friend code.

VayBJ4e.png