As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bravely Second: Cats, culinarians, and cocks

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    It's 3DS specific.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    Added a bunch of friend codes!

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    yes yes this is exactly where I want the performer quest line to go

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Went and added a bunch of people's friend codes

Also added mine to my sig

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

The fight at the end of that one is pretty easy and will get you a ton of experience and JP if you're willing to farm it with a Valkyrie's Crescent attack

The one after that, though?

Bring Dispel

Just

Bring Dispel

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Seeing all these locked chests is the worst.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    when you enter someone's friend code, does it send them some kind of notification, or do they just have to independently enter your code?

Regardless, here's mine: 1864-9972-1974

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Nintendo doesn't have that intuitive of a system, so it's the latter. They might be worried about children getting friended by gross people too.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »

The fight at the end of that one is pretty easy and will get you a ton of experience and JP if you're willing to farm it with a Valkyrie's Crescent attack

The one after that, though?

Bring Dispel

Just

Bring Dispel

and dont use Damage Dispersion

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just tried and failed to beat the red mage on my first try. I'll try to gear up better for the next attempt; I will be quite irate if I can't get immunity to charm. I don't have access to any accessories for that, but I could swear I saw a chestpiece or something that'll do the trick.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I have it and a white mage that can use it. my party right now is

edea valkyrie/spell fencer
    tiz ranger/freelancer
    agnes summoner/time mage
    ringabel performer/white mage

picked up nearly 600 jp off the performer. summoners are pretty strong but they feel rather inefficient for how much they cost against single target. probably swap edea's classes and use the ice brand since a cave of molten lava seems like a good place for it. then again I can just blizzara weapon

rangers feel way too good. I haven't even put combat abilities on him because he doesn't really need them I'd rather have examine.

Jars on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I'll go through the thread tomorrow and add everyone not already on my list from Pokemon or whatever.My FC's in the sig.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Just beat the Performer,
    Really glad I didn't end up murdering her like with all the other jobs. The rest of them were pretty much the awfulest shitlords but she was just a spoiled girl I guess?

FC is 1435-5383-0883 if anyone wants to add me. I feel like these friend/pal/amigo bots are mocking my lack of available friend codes.

Badablack on
    FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Thief is the first optional one I've come across and it kicked my ass. I need to grind a bit and tackle it again.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    The trick to the thief fight is to ignore Khint and focus the thief, Khint leaves after the thief is down to half HP

You might want some more magic damage though, they have fairly high physical defense for that point

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    man, fuck Chaugmar

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    The trick to the thief fight is to ignore Khint and focus the thief, Khint leaves after the thief is down to half HP

You might want some more magic damage though, they have fairly high physical defense for that point

Oh jeez, I was attacking Khint and ignoring the thief, figuring I would need to just focus on one of them.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    also keep accidentally using bravely second

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Okay, into chapter 2.

As of this writing, I am sending out the most damaging attack...

Wait. No. Virgil's doing near double.

Nicely done? Geeze. We were pretty close in damage this morning.

Edit: HAH!

It took some doing, but I just beat that score. Anyone needs to deal 2500+ fire damage daily? You call me. I can hook you up.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »

This makes me miss City of Heroes so much oh my god

That's an interesting reaction.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Anyone finds it a little morbid that you are unlocking classes
    mega man style?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Anyone finds it a little morbid that you are unlocking classes
    mega man style?

I played Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE directly before this.

If I'm not actively eating spines, I feel like I'm being positively polite and civil.

• Options
    Besides, those guys are all dicks anyway

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want this game...

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I want this game...
    you really really really do

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Seeing all these locked chests is the worst.

It's so very Dragon Quest.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So I'm really enjoying this game

I turned the encounter rate down like half way and just brave and fast forward my way through the random battles

The job system is cool, the characters are good and the world is extremely well realized

Now if I could just feel less guilty about still having 2 other 3DS RPGS I haven't beaten

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Red Mage is near impossible, as are a lot of the summoner quests. Definitely going to have to revisit.

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The only summon that ohkoed me was the fire one. But hey now I have a shield thats immune to that.

I wish they were so average though their summon movies are sick

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Haha, in your face (Chapter 1)
    Orthros, Bringer of Doom. Looks like you weren't prepared for my amazing 3 white mages strategy!

Also, can you game over by hitting x after Airy tells you to stop? Because it still makes the sound so I figured you might actually be able to break the crystal.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Couldn't get any items to help with the red mage status ailments, so I just overleveled a bit, saved up all my brave points and specials, and killed him in one turn. Specials always make me want to brag afterwards.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    End of Chapter 1
    Oh, Ringabel, how convenient that you got seasick right before the Dark Knight showed up. This won't cause any contention later on when discussing your true identity.

Radius on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    it would be impossible anyway
    how the hell is ringabel talking with the other officers in the dark knight uniform? he's with the party, he can't be in both places at the same time. and how would edea not recognize him? he's definitely not alternis.

further speculation
    or at least this alternis. they did bring up how the journal isn't always correct. which is what I had already thought about since the journal must be alternis's, and at the same time can't be alternis's. the journal contradicts itself.

Jars on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I died to the black mage boss

I think I need to grind

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I like the jump from 800 JP to 3500 JP for level 10 in a job.

Just a subtle way of saying "you should probably level something else now."

• Options
    do you think the made the performer's singing terrible intentionally? because it sounds exactly like something a teenage girl would like

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Monks hit like a fucking bus!

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    So speculative spoilers on the late-game, still in chapter 3:
    Man I don't care how much your ends justify the means, if it turns out the earth kingdom guys are actually noble selfless protectors of humanity from the big bad crystal worshipers I'm gonna be so dang ineffectually mad and upset. Cuz goddamn is every single one of those guys a hilariously evil Snidely Whiplash baby-kicker. I'm pretty sure I could think of a few other ways to go about saving the world besides turning into captain planet villains.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hey guys I have something important to ask

If you delete a game off your 3DS that you bought from the e-shop

Can you redownload it

I assume no because nintendo

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group