As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bravely Second: Cats, culinarians, and cocks

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I think the answer is yes, but only if it's on the 3DS you bought it on.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Hey guys I have something important to ask

If you delete a game off your 3DS that you bought from the e-shop

Can you redownload it

I assume no because nintendo

What? You bought it of course you can. Thats a silly thing to assume

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Can you redownload it

Dude its nintendo

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Man you guys are so much further than me, I still haven't gone to Yulyana Woods. Too busy with work, ferrets, and gym.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    dark breath is a bunch of bullshit but somehow I prevailed. had to use a turbo ether

• Options

Can you redownload it

Dude its nintendo

So?

youve been able to redownload games as a default feature since the virtual console/eshop launched with the Wii so I hace no clue why youd assume otherwise

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Power leveled my item shop in the village early in the game without playing much so I could get some ether.

They cost 1000 pg :(

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Can you redownload it

Dude its nintendo

So?

youve been able to redownload games as a default feature since the virtual console/eshop launched with the Wii so I hace no clue why youd assume otherwise

Nintendo's account/online system is miserable, it's a decent question. I think you do lose your saves?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    this game looks so good omg

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Can you redownload it

Dude its nintendo

So?

The fact that it has to be on the same system is so crazy that I think its a reasonable assumption that it might not work

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    captaink wrote: »

Can you redownload it

Dude its nintendo

So?

Nintendo's account/online system is miserable, it's a decent question. I think you do lose your saves?

Theres save backup.

And it was miserable. Theyve been improving it steadily. Games will eventually be tied to your nnid not a console.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Most jrpgs I've played I find ether to be pretty useless. I don't use spells enough to absolutely need to reload my mp

• Options
    when you have to constantly raise your characters because the boss one hit kills them you go through mana pretty quick

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Bravely Default has you using mana more than any Final Fantasy

But ethers are also everywhere in this game so it balances out

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Most jrpgs I've played I find ether to be pretty useless. I don't use spells enough to absolutely need to reload my mp

I use magic a whole lot. Especially with giving all my people mage like sub classes so they can cast healing stuff

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm just a massive grinder. I keep myself over leveled at all times because I love the grinding

• Options
    I found out about heroic bonuses today

getting all the jp

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    What is that last combat bonus?

I get one turn and unscathed on the reg, but I have no idea what the last one is.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Sweeper

You get it for killing an enemy group all with the same shot

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    You know the bad guys in this game have messed up once they give themselves a class.

I can fight you as many times as you want when you just have a name.

But once you're a Ninja you're already dead..

• Options
    Did a load of grinding and now the merchant is mine.

I just

Don't know that I want to use it.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Red mage down.
    Emptied the tank on that one. Every second that fuck was breathing was a second too long.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Artreus wrote: »

I just

i just got thsi too

spending money to do stuff seems awful at this point in the game, but getting more money is nice

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    So in keeping with the red mage horror stories
    I went into it and thought I had a good handle on it, until I saw Revenge pop up 3 times and I wondered what it was and then I got hit with 3 Thundaras, crippling my team beyond repair.

Sadly, I resigned myself to my fate and told myself I'd come back tomorrow after I slept.

Except, wait, what's this? Why's the game playing the red mage's intro again...
    TIME SLIP

I had totally forgotten that was even a thing, let alone that Ringabel was a time mage.

Played it much more cautious, and pulled it out thanks to life steal being soooooooo godlike.

Radius on
  • Options

I just

i just got thsi too

spending money to do stuff seems awful at this point in the game, but getting more money is nice

It's worth training up. Some of its abilities can make you a lot more money

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    You get to sell your pots to monsters at inflated rates
    It's great

Just don't get your merchant charmed or confused...

Peas on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

I just

i just got thsi too

It's worth training up. Some of its abilities can make you a lot more money
    yeah im gonna level up a merchant because i badly need more money

been expanding my village really fast

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Power leveled my item shop in the village early in the game without playing much so I could get some ether.

They cost 1000 pg :(

But they occasionally give them to you for free!

I was selling my ethers to monsters even before I found a way to generate mana for free.
    Equip someone with a staff and the Blessed shield. Using the shield to cast Cura counts towards the staff special. Do it ten times, then unload the Rejuvenation special with the mana restore add-on and, presto! Free heals and free mana.

I've also been using the Sage's Staff, so I rarely use Phoenix Downs, Raise, Potions or Cure.

As an aside, if you don't need the shield, dual wield a rod and a staff, Jim Darkmagic style, and your cure spells will count toward the rod special attacks.

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I got the summoner class last night. Is it worth leveling? This game is making it really hard to not engage in my grinding tendencies. I just see all those jobs I haven't leveled and start to twitch...

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    Ive been using a summoner with black magic

seems to do ok, but summon spells cost 40 MP, so you dont wanna just rely on that

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    summon feels too slow to clean up random encounters and too expensive for most bosses. on the plus side it is the only mage with access to all five elements. I paired it with time mage because comet does holy FUCK levels of damage to single targets

you can turn off exp to grind jobs up so you won't get overleveled

Jars on
  • Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    Late chapter 3:
    Just beat the ninja, that fight was kinda tough. Worst part, though, was that fucking Ringabel died right before I killed her, and it wasn't quite worth redoing the fight so he could get the crazy amount of xp and jp. It was SO ANNOYING.

Goddamn Ringabel, he dies so much you'd think he was made of glass

• Options
    I sold a bunch of items to random enemies and then bought some angel bow and now ringabel one shots everything as a thief

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Maybe I should give the bow to ringabel then. I've had it on Tiz and he has been two shotting everything

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Depends more on the job than the character though. I don't think the characters' base stats are different enough to make that large of a difference.

• Options
    pirate seems kind of meh. 1/4 of your mp for double damage? you would run out of mana way too quick for that to ever be useful

• Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I would like to be added to all the friends lists. I'll add everyone later when I get a chance.
    I'm confused by the weapons and such in this game. Using daggers on tiz as a thief I'd sometimes be hitting for decent amounts.. then suddenly hitting 5 times for 1 damage.. I was.. confused so I just switched to spell fencer.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Maybe I should give the bow to ringabel then. I've had it on Tiz and he has been two shotting everything
    yeah it depends on the enemy type, but I put it on thief because they have an A with bows

and ring able has a lot of speed to kill trash before it can damage my party

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Grath wrote: »
    I would like to be added to all the friends lists. I'll add everyone later when I get a chance.
    I'm confused by the weapons and such in this game. Using daggers on tiz as a thief I'd sometimes be hitting for decent amounts.. then suddenly hitting 5 times for 1 damage.. I was.. confused so I just switched to spell fencer.

The enemy is probably defaulting

• Options
    edited February 2014
    That chapter 3 cutscene where
    They introduce the Black Blades is so good.

"oh man, Samurai, Ninja, Pirate, Alchemist, Performer? Cannot wait to get these asterisks."

Radius on