As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bravely Second: Cats, culinarians, and cocks

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    In some games it can be annoying (especially older Dragon Quest games where the rate would sometimes be every 2 steps), but this game sidesteps that handily by letting you control the encounter rate. Battle and grind when you want to, and only when you want to!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Fair enough. If I were you I'd wait a couple months then try to find a good LP on YouTube. That way someone else can worry about all that grindy stuff.

Good call

I like what I've seen of the characters and stuff, Ringabel in particular

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Running around with +100% encounter rate all the time makes everything trivial, so I'd suggest others pick a lower rate.

Also @Man of the Waves
    @chiasaur11
    @gumpy

I got ya added, if you're looking for ablink and limit breaks.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I tend to leave it at 0% most of the time. If the rate seems annoyingly high, I might drop it to -50% on occasion. I only use +100% if I'm trying to grind (usually for money) and -100% if I need to backtrack.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Being able to set the encounter rate is a stroke of genius.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    grinding is trivial anyway. I hit a boss I needed to do it for and it only took like 5 minutes thanks to auto combat and brave. I might have been able to do it without but I figured the fire attacks were magic and they were physical so I was trying to use shell and stuff and it was only killing me

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    the time has passed where i simply "want" a 3ds

i now need one

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Oh shit I need to buy this today! Didn't realize it was out.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Buying it on my lunch break right now.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    the time has passed where i simply "want" a 3ds

i now need one

That happened last February, man.

• Options
    happened way before then

when did vlr come out

• Options
    thief edea with an angel bow kind of breaks the game. I really doubt I would have been able to beat the
    wind temple boss

if I hadn't been able to drop 3000 damage in one brave turn

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Chapter 3 sidequest stuff
    Boy, that Summoner sidequest sure didn't end well

Are all of these job holding bosses human garbage?

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    just grabbed a 32 gig SD card because of this game

because you best believe Pokemon and Mario Kart aren't getting deleted for shit

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    feels like this game was really skating a M rating

also it probably doesn't need to be said but don't fuck with bears

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Due to a rainy day impulse buy I had to delete animal crossing, fire emblem, and phoenix wright for this. It better be worth it.

I thought it would be big, but I did not expect it to take up the entire system's storage space.

Maximum on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    The download took a while too but hey now I have bravely default
    Really digging the game

My friend code is down below if anyone wants to add me

Peas on
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I'm loving this game so far. I am near the beginning of Chapter 2, and my only complaint (if you would even call it that) is I haven't found a reason to switch anyone from the initial jobs I assigned (Monk, White Mage, Knight, Black Mage, respectively).

Cornell002 on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    You definitely could play this game with just some basic jobs. At a certain point though, you might realize that you don't need to boost those specific jobs for where you are in the game.

Slapping those lvl 8 jobs on secondary, and unlocking some of the amazing passive skills in the 19 or so other jobs, is pretty rewarding.

Your ability to get through the game is mostly determined by the character level and equipment, so moving into a Lvl 1 job isn't that much of a challenge. It fun to expand what your characters can do.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    feels like this game was really skating a M rating

also it probably doesn't need to be said but don't fuck with bears

Those fucking bears man. One shotting half my teams.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    At what point in the game do you unlock extra passive skill slots? I'm spoiled from the demo having four spots open from the get go.

• Options
    I think it's linked to the 4 elemental crystals.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Ah that makes a lot of sense.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I'm about to take on the knight guy at the beginning and just rolling with 3 monks and a white mage.

Been rolling all the bad guys like whoa

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Okay I am totally sold on this game. Turns out a JRPG without all the bullshit is exactly what I have been wanting.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    hey, please add me for this game for hot villager action. my friend code is in my sig. I'll add you back as well (gonna swing through the thread and add anybody else sometime this week)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    watch out for the red mage

• Options
    edited February 2014
    also I would like to take a moment to recognize the localization team

"Mrgrgr" in the text box is literally pronounced as 'murr-gurr-gurr' by the voice cast

Tasteticle on

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    hey, please add me for this game for hot villager action. my friend code is in my sig. I'll add you back as well (gonna swing through the thread and add anybody else sometime this week)

Alright, more cool dudes to wreck monsters with!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Mrgrgr is the best voice tic in any JRPG

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Mrgrgr is the best voice tic in any JRPG

I like Edea.

She's got spunk.

• Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    Oh yea, I forgot! 0103-9919-3419.

• Options
    I don't think I'll be using the merchant class much. Attacks based on money spent? No thanks job description. At least not until I've maxed out all the other classes haha.

• Options
    It's basically good for it's passive ability, "get all the money"

If you ever need funds you can equip your party as merchants and grind (4x, auto, brave, attack, +100% Encounter), and get that cash.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    you can earn money from their skills too, like you can sell unwanted items to monsters for lot more than shops

• Options
    Hmm that sounds nice. I shouldn't be so quick to judge haha.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    you can earn money from their skills too, like you can sell unwanted items to monsters for lot more than shops

Wait

Do you still kill them after

That's not really "Selling"

It's like

A weird version of mugging

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Wait

It's like

Well, you could buy them off.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Wait

It's like

Oh god, now I want a variation of the old reverse-pickpocket-grenade trick where you somehow coerce an enemy into buying a live grenade!

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Man, Thieves with bows are awesome,

Also Tiz is always gonna have Thievery just for Steal, cause now that I have it I am obsessed with stealing everything bosses have on them.