As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elder Scrolls Online] Tamriel Unlimited now on XB1 and PS4

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    Anyone on PS4 in any EP "raiding" guilds? I have no clue on how to effectively and efficiently gather a group to run Maw of Lorkhaj.

• Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Anyone on PS4 in any EP "raiding" guilds? I have no clue on how to effectively and efficiently gather a group to run Maw of Lorkhaj.
    I'm on PC here I'm afraid. Sorry man.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Ttheres actually an NPC on the gold coast that noticed I'm a blood sucker.

Think thats the first time this actually happened outside of the intital vamp ritual.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular

I'm in one that fluctuates in online roster and ability, but have done Maw on Normal. We aren't top notch, but we have a dedicated trials night, an officer who is really trying to organize push it via Facebook and Line, and a lot of hook ups to other guilds as well. It is also a really tight knit community, if that helps.

It is called SVER: True Bloods if you want to go look it up online.

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote:
    Ttheres actually an NPC on the gold coast that noticed I'm a blood sucker.

Think thats the first time this actually happened outside of the intital vamp ritual.

Yeah, he's actually a character from a previous quest. If anyone would be justified in noticing, it would probably be him.
    He's a vampire hunter you meet in an Aldermi Dominion quest. So he's got plenty of knowledge about what to look for as far as spotting vamps goes. If anything I'm actually more than a little surprised he doesn't try to take the player out, he's certainly nothing if not enthusiastic about killing any and all vampires he meets.

• Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    Interesting times indeed. I was in mood for FPS so haven't played this for about a month. Excited to see the changes!

I just wish that subs could craft crafting bags and sell those to unsubs... Would make them rich and a lot of unsubbing people happy. They could be like a 100 space bag or something, nothing as powerful as the real one subs' get. It would be glorious.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    The crafting bag has made this game SO much better an experience. It's a shame that it's sub-only because it is such a game-changer, but maybe that'll change in the future.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    They need to start encouraging people to sub, though, if the game is going to stabilize. The only way to really do that is exclusives, I think.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    They need to start encouraging people to sub, though, if the game is going to stabilize. The only way to really do that is exclusives, I think.

... or encourage a whole lot of microtransactions from a very few people.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

... or encourage a whole lot of microtransactions from a very few people.

There's only so much people can buy in the crown store. Plus, they need to stabilize their income and start doing more balance/bugfix patching and less mount re-skinning. Re-designing every class from the ground up every dlc is going to drive people away.

• Options

I agree that there needs to be exclusives. I just think the crafting bag is so essential that it should not be the thing that separates the elites from the masses. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular

I agree that there needs to be exclusives. I just think the crafting bag is so essential that it should not be the thing that separates the elites from the masses. :razz:

Oh man there is a crafting bag now? Yes please.
    My char slots are full because I have so many mules named stuff like He-Who-Mules-Gems, She-Who-Mules-Food, He-Who-Mules-Ore, etc. And man is it a pain getting components between everyone.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    @vamen
    Okay, so here's how it works, "Pixelated Pixie" , Arteen .

If you're an ESO+ subscriber, you get access to another tab on your inventory screen called "Crafting;" it's a top-level inventory icon, just like basic inventory and quickslots.

Upon login, all of your crafting materials in your personal inventory and in your bank are transferred over, freeing up that inventory space permanently.

Anything you harvest appears to go directly into the bag, as well, but I haven't verified that yet.

When you are no longer an ESO+ subscriber, you can no longer add items to the bag, but you retain access to anything still in there.

You can filter the new bag by tradeskill, raw vs. finished materials, and improvement items (tempers, resins, etc.).

Style materials and bonus gems are also picked up.

All in all, it appears to be really nice! I can't believe I actually saw some people complaining about it.

EDIT: sorry for the inadvertent at, Pixie & Arteen!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    @vamen

If you're an ESO+ subscriber, you get access to another tab on your inventory screen called "Crafting;" it's a top-level inventory icon, just like basic inventory and quickslots.

Upon login, all of your crafting materials in your personal inventory and in your bank are transferred over, freeing up that inventory space permanently.

Anything you harvest appears to go directly into the bag, as well, but I haven't verified that yet.

When you are no longer an ESO+ subscriber, you can no longer add items to the bag, but you retain access to anything still in there.

You can filter the new bag by tradeskill, raw vs. finished materials, and improvement items (tempers, resins, etc.).

All in all, it appears to be really nice! I can't believe I actually saw some people complaining about it.

What were they complaining about? It sounds pretty great, especially being as spoiled by GW2's "crafting bag" as I am.
    I'd totally sub for that bag.

• Options
    vamen wrote: »
    vamen

What were they complaining about? It sounds pretty great, especially being as spoiled by GW2's "crafting bag" as I am.
    I'd totally sub for that bag.

Some people were complaining about it being "infinite," like they only wanted people to be able to store, say, a single full stack of 200 items of any given material at a time, because otherwise people wouldn't be forced to make decisions about what to keep and sell and it would have an adverse affect on auction house prices.

Yeah, it seemed pretty dumb to me, too.

• Options
    I've pretty much held to the "one stack of everything crafting related" in the bank, and I haven't had much trouble. Now that vet levels 1-15 are going away, I won't even really need to keep mats for those levels anymore. I think I only even really have 1 bank alt that is holding anything at this point.

The one exception to that is currently I've been farming mats to re-craft all my gear after DB. So I have about 4-5 stacks of all the vet16 mats.

We'll see what happens as they scale armor sets, though. I can see myself wanting to keep more sets around once everything is Champ160.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    It took me one year exactly, but I finally did it! I finally beat a single campaign!

The final few missions in Coldharbour were neat.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Ok, One Tamriel is a ballsy move.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Man, I totally forgot about the Dark Brotherhood update. What's the verdict? So far I'm hearing it's all good stuff. I'll definitely have to login here soon.

Also the announcement post about One Tamriel: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

Sounds real good.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    Kyanilis wrote:
    Man, I totally forgot about the Dark Brotherhood update. What's the verdict? So far I'm hearing it's all good stuff. I'll definitely have to login here soon.

Also the announcement post about One Tamriel: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

Sounds real good.

Yeah, no arguments here. Being able to freeform explore is unquestionably very much in line with the Elder Scrolls games.

As far as the Dark Brotherhood update goes, I very much enjoyed it. My only complaint is I wish the story questline for the Dark Brotherhood was a bit longer. Outside of that? Very very solid update, plenty of quality of life upgrades (crafting bag! So so good!), and the blade of woe really really make me happy to explore the world of Tamriel......

.......and murder the everloving crap out of its citizens.

• Options
    I resubbed JUST got the crafting bag, and it's pretty fantastic. I have SO MUCH bank space now. I was even able to delete my 4 mules =p.
    I also made some good progress on the main storyline for once...my Templar hit 40, which is my highest, and I
    killed Mannimarco
    and I thought I was done with the original main story but it looks like there is more to go.

Headed over to check out the Orc city, which looks cool but I didn't go far. Also did the first Dark Brotherhood mission and that was surprisingly fun.

• Options
    Vamen wrote:
    Headed over to check out the Orc city, which looks cool but I didn't go far. Also did the first Dark Brotherhood mission and that was surprisingly fun.

I'm quite enjoying the direction the game's been heading in. It's quite a change from when the game first launched, and a change for the better I'd say.

• Options
    Implementation of hirelings still continues to piss me off ... but not enough to stop using them.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Implementation of hirelings still continues to piss me off ... but not enough to stop using them.

How so? I don't really use them so I'm not sure of their specifics.

Operative21: I haven't seen enough of the non-vanilla stuff to say, but everything I've read sounds great. And the small bit I've seen has me optimistic. I saw a lot of rave reviews about Orsinium in general.

vamen on
  • Options

At rank 1 or 2, they're on a 24-hour timer. An exactly 24 hour timer. And they require you to log in to trigger the mail from your hireling. So, if you log in at 8pm on Monday, you get your stuff. If you log in at 7pm on Tuesday, you have to wait an hour before they show up - sort of fine if you're actually going to be playing for an hour, bad if you've got 30 minutes before you have to go do something. If you log in at 9pm, then they show up at 9pm, and now won't be available until 9pm on Wednesday. So, depending on your playing schedule, you either miss them entirely or they gradually show up later and later until you miss one, and then the cycle starts again.

It's the worst of both worlds, because it should either not require a log-in and just send you something 1x per day, or it should be tied to server time and not require that you log in at a particular time. Even doing it similar to the horse timer - where it's a 20-hour timer - would be better!

At rank 3, it perversely gets even worse, because the timer drops to 12 hours but still requires a log-in, so now you need to log in twice daily, exactly 12 hours apart, or you miss out on the benefits your skills are supposed to be providing.

Just, ugh.

• Options

At rank 1 or 2, they're on a 24-hour timer. An exactly 24 hour timer. And they require you to log in to trigger the mail from your hireling. So, if you log in at 8pm on Monday, you get your stuff. If you log in at 7pm on Tuesday, you have to wait an hour before they show up - sort of fine if you're actually going to be playing for an hour, bad if you've got 30 minutes before you have to go do something. If you log in at 9pm, then they show up at 9pm, and now won't be available until 9pm on Wednesday. So, depending on your playing schedule, you either miss them entirely or they gradually show up later and later until you miss one, and then the cycle starts again.

It's the worst of both worlds, because it should either not require a log-in and just send you something 1x per day, or it should be tied to server time and not require that you log in at a particular time. Even doing it similar to the horse timer - where it's a 20-hour timer - would be better!

At rank 3, it perversely gets even worse, because the timer drops to 12 hours but still requires a log-in, so now you need to log in twice daily, exactly 12 hours apart, or you miss out on the benefits your skills are supposed to be providing.

Just, ugh.

Wow, I had no idea. I assumed they just ended up in your mail based on server time. That would make the most sense, considering. I see why you don't like them. Hopefully they'll change that in the future.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    so this game just got rid of levels and added my favorite guild (Dark Brotherhood)

I might have to get this

• Options
    They haven't quite gotten rid of levels yes, @Xehalus .

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Levels as character advancement but not as world advancement hits right in the part of my brain dedicated to Elder Scrolls.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    299Vd.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Did they put a date on One Tamriel?

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Did they put a date on One Tamriel?

"Sometime in Autumn" was the last I saw.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    beep

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    beep

it made me laugh that your comment was edited... I had a mental image of someone hunched over a keyboard, mistyping "beep" over and over =).

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

OH GOD

If anything really brings me back to this game hardcore it will be this. I am such a sucker for interior design and housing. My entire Skyrim game is more about tricking out my sweet house than it is about literally anything else (... well, and wooing all the ladies.)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    ok I rolled Aldmeri

beat the tutorial and got into Tamriel

hit an NPC and got a bounty so I had to flee town

yep this is Elder Scrolls :biggrin:

Xehalus on
  • Options
    ok I rolled Aldmeri

hit and NPC and got a bounty so I had to flee town

I didn't realize for a while that being logged out would still count down your bounty. I've used that little 'cheat' a number of times now.

• Options
    ok I rolled Aldmeri

I didn't realize for a while that being logged out would still count down your bounty. I've used that little 'cheat' a number of times now.

I don't think of it as a "cheat" so much as my character is going into hiding for a while. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ok I rolled Aldmeri

I don't think of it as a "cheat" so much as my character is going into hiding for a while. ;)

That's a much better excuse =)

This discussion has been closed.