As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In this thread, we get our [Groove] on.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Pretty much every track on the new Chromeo album is wonderful but this one especially I like for some reason

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RY5lgaeki38

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/xW6IEH2aD2g

got my tickets i'm so excited! Gonna see Coheed September 7th (GG i'm probably one of those people who cares too much about this band but i dont even caaaaaaaare)

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Haha rock on, Betman

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Pretty much every track on the new Chromeo album is wonderful but this one especially I like for some reason

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RY5lgaeki38

Because it's a straight up jam
    Seriously this album is one of the best I've gotten hold of in a long time

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Haha, I just saw that I'll be dubbing some Chromeo into our library at work today, not sure for which station right now, but... Interesting!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Still waiting to get my tickets for September 19th at the House of Blues in Orlando

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »

got my tickets i'm so excited! Gonna see Coheed September 7th (GG i'm probably one of those people who cares too much about this band but i dont even caaaaaaaare)

I'm going in Houston. Love this band, they're so completely over the top ridiculous in the best and the worst ways at the same time.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    The Betman wrote: »

I'm going in Houston. Love this band, they're so completely over the top ridiculous in the best and the worst ways at the same time.

I really wanna get me them comic books, i guess Claudio is also working on a novelization for the 2 Good Apollo albums? I need to get in on all that

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The story to the whole rock opera part is just

so ridiculous.

It's better to just not think about it.

• Options
    oh probably, i just kinda wanna see what its all about

I really doubt it could ruin the music for me either way, but I'm so curious

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I have friends that have the comics and they have decals of the Keywork on their cars

I just like their music

But my friends are insane

• Options
    The keywork is at least a kinda neat design

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Dis

Chromeo

ALBUM

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    Jumped on the Chromeo bandwagon. Heard "Jealous" a few weeks back on some XM/Sirius live concert thing and dug it, but it was still cold and it struck me as a summer jam.

So I picked it up at lunch to listen to this afternoon. I'm counting on you, Esee PlusPlus Gruv Thred.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Hey.

Guys.

I was surfing through my GPM for something to listen to, and Brand New popped up. I noticed they were classified as Punk. This warms the cockles of my mohawked heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCrgIDXVL-w&feature=kp

it is really funny for me to see anyone discover brand new at this point, as they were the band that ruled my life in high school

and for as much as i loved (still love) them, I guess they never seemed like a band that would have longevity or that people would get into, after they kinda lost momentum after their third album

but you should check out that third album, the devil and god are raging inside me. It's much different than this, but is the one that young me thought had established them as like, the masters of their domain. I'm curious as to its appeal nowadays.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Heh, that album I linked was the only thing in my diskman as I rode my bike to school during my entire sophomore year. I've always had a fondness in my heart for them because of it. Seventy times 7 is a song I've had memorized for over a decade because of it.

I agree they lost steam though.

I was just chuckling at the fact that they are now considered a type of punk.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    You guys Time of Dark from the new Tune-Yards is rocking my world

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Heh, that album I linked was the only thing in my diskman as I rode my bike to school during my entire sophomore year. I've always had a fondness in my heart for them because of it. Seventy times 7 is a song I've had memorized for over a decade because of it.

I agree they lost steam though.

I was just chuckling at the fact that they are now considered a type of punk.

Oh I see, I (obviously) read it as you though you had just come across them for the first time

I mean.... I would've said your favorite weapon is def pop-punk

but punk punk?

punk punk punk???

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Jeeeeez that Chromeo track is damned good. I listened to some of the others from that album and they're OK but Old 45s fucking grooves

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    It's weird to me cause I consider myself a fan of punk music but there is so much of it that I never listened to

I have never heard of Brand New for instance

I haven't listened to those linked songs yet either admittedly cause I'm a jerk

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Oh hey thanks guys you inspired me to find out that there's a new Fucked Up coming out this year

+ New Die Antwoord

Gonna be a good year

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Eh, most people think punk is something it isn't.

Punk is about rebellion and independence. It's not really about screaming into a microphone so no one can actually understand you.

Somewhere along the way that message got confused and people think punk is about being loud and unintelligible.

Personally, I think the more screamy you get, the less punk you are. No one is here to listen to a guy whine.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • Options
    I would actually rather say that there is a broad spectrum of music that can fall under the umbrella of the punk descriptor

Including music with screaming

And music without it

Anyway, I really just meant that I'm constantly being made aware of things I missed when everyone else was apparently on that boat

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Dude, happens to me constantly.

Working in the radio has really put a stop to it though, I'm constantly talkin' with dudes about what's coming up.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I love all this new music, except when the artists only release on iTunes. Grumble.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTvcAm_BxQg

This is a high quality jam. RIP walkmen.

• Options
    I love the Walkmen!

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I do too. So glad I got to see them before they broke up :|

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I feel like I'm missing something about the Walkmen. I saw them live a couple of times and I'm just kinda like meh mehh, which normally wouldn't bother me but I legitimately feel like I should like them so much more than I do!

In other news I'm really into this MIA remix of Beyonce because I guess all I ever want to do is dance dance dance

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Oh hey thanks guys you inspired me to find out that there's a new Fucked Up coming out this year

+ New Die Antwoord

Gonna be a good year

Have you heard the first single off said Fucked Up album? It's my jam soooooo hard

Whenever I sit down to write it's sorta my psych-up song, like, "YEAH FUCK YEAH IT'S WRITING TIME LET'S DO THIS WHOOOOOO"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IiCOgJevIY

• Options
    Fuuuuck yisssss

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Also you'll all be glad to know that in the last week I've collected three new songs for this year's Halloween cavalcade of silliness, hoorah

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    yes i love the new Chromeo and the new Little Dragon quite much

poo
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Yeah the new Little Dragon is great. I've been listening to it all day. This song is especially great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM--TtkGNa4&feature=kp

nicopernicus on
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I really like the Walkmen! I saw them a few years ago with Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes. I especially love their most recent album.

• Options
    La Sera is good, take a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fyFW7sUehM

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I was gonna describe her/their sound but I think that preview image/album cover does a better job more succinctly than I would

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I really like the Walkmen! I saw them a few years ago with Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes. I especially love their most recent album.

Jealous as fuck.

Fleet foxes are my number one band A-ok USA GO!