Options

OnPeak [hotels] are live, and other hotel discussion

• Options
    SleepyDustSleepyDust Registered User regular
    I have plans for staying at The Sheraton again this year, but I am still sad that their hot tub was removed. Does anybody know of a hotel close the the convention center that has a hot tub, and their prices are close to those of The Sheraton? I wish the OnPeak website amenities sort options included hot tubs. I admit I'm not actually sure what the spa button entails, is it code for hot tub?

• Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    SleepyDust wrote: »
    I have plans for staying at The Sheraton again this year, but I am still sad that their hot tub was removed. Does anybody know of a hotel close the the convention center that has a hot tub, and their prices are close to those of The Sheraton? I wish the OnPeak website amenities sort options included hot tubs. I admit I'm not actually sure what the spa button entails, is it code for hot tub?
    I believe the Grand Hyatt has a jacuzzi of sorts, but it's labelled whirlpool on their website's fact sheet. That hotel is almost as close to the convention center as The Sheraton, but is going to cost you a bit more per night this year (that's if you're lucky enough to snag a room through OnPeak). Here's a photo I found of the Grand Hyatt's Whirlpool if you're interested:
    1ZUqb7D.jpg

If you have specific hotels in mind, just call up and ask if the spa includes a Jacuzzi or if one exists elsewhere at the hotel.

Zombicus on
    Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    SleepyDust wrote: »

I know the Westin has one... Which is another reason why I love that hotel.

pogoplay on
    Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Has anyone stayed at the roosevelt or homewood suites before? Does the roosevelt deluxe king jr suite offer 2 beds? Our reservation doesnt state the # of beds. Also my friends are staying at the homewood suites. Do they also offer 2 beds?

Zeushero on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think any homewood suites rooms have 2 beds as far as I know. I think at most many of the rooms have 1 bed and 1 sleeper sofa.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I don't think any homewood suites rooms have 2 beds as far as I know. I think at most many of the rooms have 1 bed and 1 sleeper sofa.

I stayed at a Homewood Suites last year, the one not right next to the convention center (like 2 miles away or something). The room had 2 full beds and a pull out couch. My friend didn't book through OnPeak however, so maybe they just don't offer these ones on there or something?

• Options
    Ah, I've only ever stayed at the one right next to the con, and only in rooms that had 1 bed and 1 pull out sofa. Guess YMMV.

• Options
    KeibiKeibi Registered User regular
    Just gonna post this and see if anything comes from it! I'm looking for a King Jr. Suite on Thursday night only at the Roosevelt. Because of the madness that was OnPeak on ticket day, I was only able to secure our room for Friday - Sunday nights, and then I booked a two bed room Thursday night at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone on here has just booked a King Jr. Suite (no Jacuzzi) Thursday night at the Roosevelt and would be willing to negotiate a swap with me for my Fairmont reservation. I figured it never hurts to ask!

• Options
    DustyStarrDustyStarr Registered User regular
    Just to add, the BF booked us at the Homewood Suites and our room is sad to have 2 full queen sized beds, so there is that. :3 Huh, does that mean that there will also be a sleeper sofa? In that case me might be able to rent the room out, since there'd be a third bed...

• Options
    DustyStarr wrote: »
    Just to add, the BF booked us at the Homewood Suites and our room is sad to have 2 full queen sized beds, so there is that. :3 Huh, does that mean that there will also be a sleeper sofa? In that case me might be able to rent the room out, since there'd be a third bed...
    It depends on the room. You'll have to ask the hotel.

• Options
    brettpoolbrettpool Registered User regular
    A whole lot of hotel rooms just opened up if anyone is still looking, many for every night of PAX.

PAX Prime 2015 [ ] Pass [ ] Hotel [ ] Flight [cool as a cucumber until after East] HYPE
    Attendee: Prime 12,13,14 East 13
  • Options
    sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    Brettpool's right.

There are a lot of rooms available for the weekend. Including rooms with 2 beds at the Westin.

6b0472bbbe992775d06d0d4c639e00c1.png

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Options
    Star ForgeStar Forge Registered User regular
    The Westin is tempting but Quad Occupancy with Two Beds at $240 a night is a tad steep...

Attending [E]nforcing: PAX East 2015 Vacation: [x] Flight: [x] Hotel: [x] [E] Schedule: []
    Attended: PAX Prime 2014
    Considering: PAX Prime 2015
  • Options
    sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    Star Forge wrote: »
    The Westin is tempting but Quad Occupancy with Two Beds at $240 a night is a tad steep...

That's why I only put down dual occupancy. I live dangerously, though.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Options
    sacratoy wrote: »

That's why I only put down dual occupancy. I live dangerously, though.

Even the Crowne Plaza was $190 for Triple Occupancy... I rather be legit?

Attending [E]nforcing: PAX East 2015 Vacation: [x] Flight: [x] Hotel: [x] [E] Schedule: []
  • Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    oh so close Sheraton has every day but the thursday for 2 bed double occupancy

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    It's gonna be a mad dash if that last day does open up, because I'm sure a lot of us are trying to snag it. I'd like to stay in the Sheraton again but I'm completely fine with my Westin reservation as well.

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    Thursday 2bed was available earlier today for the Sheraton but when I looked again it was gone :/

• Options
    The Renaissance is up and has rooms available at good prices. I was curious if they are better than Crowne Plaza.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    It's gonna be a mad dash if that last day does open up, because I'm sure a lot of us are trying to snag it. I'd like to stay in the Sheraton again but I'm completely fine with my Westin reservation as well.

Westin>Sheraton imo. Having a hot tub is awesome.

pogoplay on
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    pogoplay wrote: »

Westin>Sheraton imo. Having a hot tub is awesome.
    You're definitely right about the hot tub. I stayed at the Sheraton in 2012 and the hot tub was pretty great, so it's nice that the Westin has one. Top Pot Doughnuts is also a very short walk and I like getting breakfast there, so I'm leaning towards just keeping my reservation at the Westin.

OysterPrime on

PAX East 2016:
  • Options
    LindabearLindabear Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Zeushero wrote: »
    Thursday 2bed was available earlier today for the Sheraton but when I looked again it was gone :/

Looks like I'm not the only one who is looking too... I have a Friday to Tuesday Sheraton 2 bed :/

PAX Prime 2013 [X]
    PAX Prime 2014 [X]
    PAX Prime 2015 [X]
  • Options
    The Renaissance is up and has rooms available at good prices. I was curious if they are better than Crowne Plaza.

I have stayed at both and they are very similar hotels. Both have recently had major updates done. I stayed at the Renaissance last year and it was a very nice and quiet hotel, however the extra 2 block walk uphill at the end of the night can get tiring at the end of a long day of walking. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza my first PAX, it has seen been updated and I have not seen the results in room.

The Crowne Plaza has a larger room size from my personal experiences and is a bit closer to all the action of PAX. Plus there's a Subway right next door if you want a cheap meal or snack.
    The Renaissance is a lot quieter of a hotel and is very nicely furnished in room. It is a bit farther away from everything.
    Both hotels include mini-fridges in the room and have very similar amenities in the hotel.

If I had to make a choice between the two I would go with the Crowne Plaza.

Hope this helps you. :)

PAX Prime 2015 [ ] Pass [ ] Hotel [ ] Flight [cool as a cucumber until after East] HYPE
  • Options
    kyle1193kyle1193 Registered User regular
    When is the last day to cancel a reservation? Really want to go but i'm dealing with a new job and a move.

• Options
    kyle1193 wrote: »
    When is the last day to cancel a reservation? Really want to go but i'm dealing with a new job and a move.
    You'd have to read the policies for your hotel in your reservation, but most require you to cancel before the 72-hour window before your stay.

PAX East 2016:
  • Options
    SleepyDustSleepyDust Registered User regular
    The Sheraton has 2 beds for Thursday nights right now. Plus the other nights of the convention, but Thursday night is the tricky one to get right now.

• Options
    Wow, a crazy amount of hotel rooms have been popping up this week.

Good news for anyone making last minute plans or trying to complete reservations.

• Options
    Who is the [redacted] that had to book out a room for two beds at the Sheraton on the 28th and made the 28th sold out so I can't chain my 5 night stay at it?

• Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    Who is the [redacted] that had to book out a room for two beds at the Sheraton on the 28th and made the 28th sold out so I can't chain my 5 night stay at it?

That would be me. As I was staying there anyways during that time, but for double that price because I missed the OnPeak sale, I regret nothing. Thanks @SleepyDust‌

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    I managed to get a Sheraton reservation before Thursday night sold out for double beds, so I freed up my Westin reservation. That particular hotel wasn't sold out, but now there is one more room available to someone.

PAX East 2016:
  • Options
    I managed to get a Sheraton reservation before Thursday night sold out for double beds, so I freed up my Westin reservation. That particular hotel wasn't sold out, but now there is one more room available to someone.

I was going to submit it and once I did, it said it couldn't process and then bam! discovered the Thursday got sold out.

• Options
    edited August 2014

I was going to submit it and once I did, it said it couldn't process and then bam! discovered the Thursday got sold out.
    Your avatar perfectly captured the look on my face when I read your post. :neutral_face: I checked after I made my reservation and it still showed Thursday as available for about 10 minutes, but maybe it just took time to update. If you keep checking there's still a possibility to get a room, since people's plans may be in flux and have to change. The Sheraton was sold out right after badges went on sale and I've been checking practically every day since.

OysterPrime on

PAX East 2016:
  • Options

Your avatar perfectly captured the look on my face when I read your post. :neutral_face: I checked after I made my reservation and it still showed Thursday as available for about 10 minutes, but maybe it just took time to update. If you keep checking there's still a possibility to get a room, since people's plans may be in flux and have to change. The Sheraton was sold out right after badges went on sale and I've been checking practically every day since.

My guess is they are going to have to find a way to put a two-bed for Thursday night up cause no one else would want the remaining chain of days if Thursday is out.

• Options
    This is my day now, hitting F5 yet again. :P

Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    Good Luck, and may the F5 be with you

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options

Watch out for the flashbacks that come with constant F5-ing

• Options
    gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    I somehow managed to get the last 3 out 4 nights booked for two beds at the Sheraton. I'm sure it's gonna be a small hassle to switch hotels (from the Crowne) after the first night, but hopefully the proximity will make it all worth it!

• Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    kyle1193 wrote: »

Last year, I lucked out. I was allowed to take a few days off for PAX after working there for only two weeks (though I told shortly after I got the job). I immediately bought a scalped bobcat (dangerous, in both senses of the word).
    Not sure what your situation is like, how flexible your employer is, and if it'll count against you (I was fine since my work ethic's excellent).

Good luck to you and congratulations on the job.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    umbra197umbra197 Registered User regular
    Since I'm driving down, parking is a huge factor and only the Westin offers free parking. All others range from $20-$44 per night, which essentially adds more to the price. :( I was looking forward to staying at the Sheraton but unfortunately that $44 per night is too much.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    umbra197 wrote: »
    Since I'm driving down, parking is a huge factor and only the Westin offers free parking. All others range from $20-$44 per night, which essentially adds more to the price. :( I was looking forward to staying at the Sheraton but unfortunately that $44 per night is too much.

Whoawhoa... How confirmed is this? First time parking my car at the Westin this year, are you %100 sure?

Edit: I just took a look on Westin's website and they state that its $41/night for self parking.
    Edit 2: Onpeak lists it as $33 for self parking.

pogoplay on
    Twitter @Pogoplay