As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OnPeak [hotels] are live, and other hotel discussion

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited May 2014 in PAX West
http://bit.ly/P14Hotels

Discuss PAX Prime hotels here, now that the official hotel system is ready!

zerzhul on

• Options
    Dr.RocktipusDr.Rocktipus Registered User regular
    Got a Sheraton reservation, now I just need to get Passes.

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thx Zerzhul!

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    Hmmm not sure if Onpeak melting down but it glitched on me a couple times already :(

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    yeah I've heard of people having issues so far

• Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I was able to book my room at the Red Lion without issue just a minute ago

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    Its all good, I just put everything in then it said "sorry problem submitting your data" and I couldn't go back to reselect room / hotel

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    NeuralLinkNeuralLink Registered User regular
    Grand Hyatt for the wife and me. I hear their beds are nicer than the Sheraton we've been staying at for the last few years.

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    We got a room at the Westin. That worked out really well for us last year.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    Did anyone grab a screen shot of the hotels for pricing? I usually snag one each year to compare the differences year to year.

• Options
    emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    This year the OnPeak system could not have worked any better. When I got in the queue there were 108 people ahead of me. A minute later that dropped to 36, and a minute later I was booking a room.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    I'm not able to book one, I'm trying two computers on two different internet connections and both are give the the submitting data error message.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    BunktaviousBunktavious Registered User regular
    Yep, I've errored out 6 times now. Have to retype all my info every time...

• Options
    the prices seem a bit higher this year

for everyone getting weird errors / glitches I think its because the hotel rooms aren't updating quickly so while something looks like its available when you fill out your info its updating and its not actually available anymore

Snagged a room at the red lion, hoping to get a room later in the Sheraton if it becomes available

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    kuni_bobkuni_bob Registered User regular
    Damn, my registration just won't go through... :( Getting the loading symbol on the final submit button, and nothing else happens.

• Options
    I actually went back in to get a screen pic of the prices for as many as I could. It was really quick and line dropped by 70-100 every 30 seconds. MUCH better than last year.

Now if only the badge registration site had the "this many people in line in front of you" along with something to know the page was actually refreshing. ;)

• Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm glad I went to hotels first thing. The page had no sooner loaded than it said "you're first in line."

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    BunktaviousBunktavious Registered User regular
    It finally went through after attempt 8. Lost out on the Sheraton. Lost out on a room with multiple beds. Not happy.

• Options
    DeathRayGoatDeathRayGoat Registered User regular
    I kept trying to book at different hotels and kept getting an error saying that there was an error in submitting. I confirmed that the error was not mine... Then I got booted and can't get back in. 404'd.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Hit errors, got back in queue, lost the rooms and got another at the red lion. /wipes brow

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I ended up having to switch from Chrome to IE to get it to work (who would have thought IE would come in handy?). Stuff kept getting booked while I was filling out details. Got rooms in the end, so I'm grateful, but ended up paying more than I would have liked...AH WELL! Now I can rest easy! :D

kuni_bob on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Sheraton and Crown Plaza were booked, so I got in at Olive 8 at random. Here's hoping it's a good place...

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Wait, nope.. not red lion, the westin

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    I would just be happy with a hotel room for the wife and I.

• Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    Well. Shoot. I was checking out at the Sheraton and while I was entering my card number, the rooms were taken out from under me. Then I went on to the Paramount. I entered my stuff, about to check out, "single occupancy" (FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU). I go back to change to quad, rooms sold out. I got my rooms at the Fairmont.

I am so incredibly frustrated. I thought maybe when I selected my rooms, it might hold them while I enter my credit card number. Nope. that ish is borked.

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    lokar82lokar82 Registered User regular
    I wish it would have said something like "Rooms are full" instead of "There was an error submitting your data." Really wanted the Paramount and now have to hope someone cancels Sunday night since I was only able to get Friday and Saturday nights. Not a good system, when I hit Reserve it should have given me the room for 5 minutes or something instead of going by whoever finishes checkout the quickest.

And how fast did you have to be to get 4 day passes? I got in the queue 45 seconds after the tweet went out and had to settle for individual day passes.

• Options
    Oh, thank Khoo! The IE suggestion worked. Thanks Kuni_Bob!

• Options
    OK, got a Mayflower room for $179/night via OnPeak. Will probably cancel my Homewood (done outside of OnPeak weeks ago).

Anyone has any feedback on the Mayflower? Reliable net, clean, not noisy? I know it's pretty close to the end of the Link line (yay Google Maps), which makes good when coming/going to the airport.

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    I don't get it, my hotel still is listed without any of my days sold out, but I get the "error submitting data"

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    For anyone having issues with the hotel registration, create a password with only letters and numbers (you can change it afterwards): the password verification seems to be bugged.

It took me awhile to figure that out then I crossed the 10 minute mark and had to get back into the queue.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    Cor, the Grand Hyatt is a bit pricey this year isn't it? I thought they'd be the same price as The Sheraton!

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    DeimirDeimir Registered User regular
    Missed my normal hotel, the Crowne Plaza, since Sunday rooms got booked up while I was typing in info, so now I'm at the Seattle W Hotel. Don't mind having to walk farther, just going to be annoying having to navigate to a new hotel. Maybe it's closer to the Paramount, though...

Time off: done. Hotel: ??? Travel: ??? Badges: ???
    PAX Prime attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I am so incredibly frustrated. I thought maybe when I selected my rooms, it might hold them while I enter my credit card number. Nope. that ish is borked.
    I had that same problem a few times -- so frustrating! A temporary reservation system while entering details would have been very helpful.
    lokar82 wrote: »
    And how fast did you have to be to get 4 day passes? I got in the queue 45 seconds after the tweet went out and had to settle for individual day passes.
    I went into queue with my PC probably about 15 seconds after the tweet went out, then with my phone about 45 seconds (in case PC crapped out), and 4-days were sold out by the time my phone came through. Madness. I feel very lucky that I got the 4-days through my PC...seems like even F5-ers had a rough go of it this year...

kuni_bob on
  • Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    Zombicus wrote: »
    Cor, the Grand Hyatt is a bit pricey this year isn't it? I thought they'd be the same price as The Sheraton!

It's always been one of the more expensive hotels. I stayed there once not through OnPeak and it was like $330 a night.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    Dangit, I just cannot get a hotel because of the submit error. And the hotel says there are like 38 rooms available or more each day I need, and I'm entering a password with just letters and numbers

• Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Dangit, I just cannot get a hotel because of the submit error. And the hotel says there are like 38 rooms available or more each day I need, and I'm entering a password with just letters and numbers
    I had to use IE and it worked just fine. This was after about 10 errors in Chrome.

• Options
    Bob20021Bob20021 Registered User regular
    Now when i chose my hotel i did triple occupancy and not double occupancy. I have 3 people going. Does that make a difference? They won't tell me 3 is too many will they?

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Anyone still getting rooms? I have my tix...thank goodness, but no room!!

• Options
    Try changing browsers too if you are getting errors. My phone also def did not work at all :/

• Options
    Bob20021 wrote: »
    Now when i chose my hotel i did triple occupancy and not double occupancy. I have 3 people going. Does that make a difference? They won't tell me 3 is too many will they?

if triple was an option, and you have 3 people, everything should be fine.

• Options
    I was using Safari, since my work computer is a Mac. Unfortunately, my iPad is Safari too, but I'll try again on that :)