As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Age of Inhumans

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Since Lincoln can levitate people with his powers, I wonder if they'll ever have him levitate a trashcan lid, stand on it, and use it to fly.

Now that
    Hydra is getting close to discovering who the Inhumans are and starting to kidnap them, I really hope that Hydra has greatly underestimated the Inhumans. And that once the Inhumans start taking the threat seriously and decides to take action, they'll send some really powerful Inhumans to just crush Hydra and take over all their resources.
    272467d06133f8ef8f8af8fdd269f693-d6uy9o2.png

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Since Lincoln can levitate people with his powers, I wonder if they'll ever have him levitate a trashcan lid, stand on it, and use it to fly.

Now that
    Hydra is getting close to discovering who the Inhumans are and starting to kidnap them, I really hope that Hydra has greatly underestimated the Inhumans. And that once the Inhumans start taking the threat seriously and decides to take action, they'll send some really powerful Inhumans to just crush Hydra and take over all their resources.

Eh...I dont think you need a lot of power to crush hydra at the moment...the problem is finding them.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Now that

Eh...I dont think you need a lot of power to crush hydra at the moment...the problem is finding them.

Given that (Age of Ultron spoilers)
    They apparently put up a fight against the Avengers, I imagine they're not in an easily crushable position at the moment.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    There could be mind reading Inhumans.

So far, the Inhumans have been focused on keeping their secret so no one knows how powerful they are. But just a few Inhumans with Skye's level of power can cause a lot of damage.

• Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    And we have finished season 1! A both wow and boo moment. Wow because, you know: wow! And boo because we can't binge watch any more episodes.

My daughter just can't handle life with Ward as a douche (this is where I started to tell her that all teenage boys are Ward until my wife gave me the side eye) and so didn't watch the season finale with us.

To get some MCU fix we turned to Daredevil (we had already watched the first episode) and you know the fight scenes are good when your wife says "they give me a stomach ache".

Anyway, patiently awaiting season 2 to end so we can binge watch AoS and see what the thread title is all about, how Fitz is, what Deathlok gets up to, and and and GAH EVERYTHING!

It will also be nice to swing through this threads spoilers at last.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Anyway, patiently awaiting season 2 to end so we can binge watch AoS and see what the thread title is all about, how Fitz is, what Deathlok gets up to, and and and GAH EVERYTHING!

In season two, Fitz completes a magical transformation into one of the absolute best characters in the MCU.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I really wish there was a better way for people to be able to catch up on season 2 before Ultron.

Amazon's got the episodes for $3 each, which isn't bad, but still.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ah, they're selling them on other websites. I was wondering why Hulu didn't have the whole season.

Thats lame.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ah, they're selling them on other websites. I was wondering why Hulu didn't have the whole season.

Thats lame.

Hulu very rarely has full seasons for current shows. It sucks.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Amazon has every tv show for sale. I buy all of my TV on it. Hulu has nothing to do with it.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options

I use iTunes rather than Amazon. It amounts to the same thing though.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Hulu Plus also gives you fucking commercials even when you're paying for it

fuck

that

noise

• Options
    edited April 2015

fuck

that

noise

Commercials? With television?

How positively quaint!

Shadowhope on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I haven't watched a commercial in a decade and never will again! It's a dead system like the dead system it's based on. Sooner that zombie falls down the better.

As for the episode: If you ignore how totally stupid everyone was acting (monsters, people, monsters! Don't arm them! Let them run amok!) thumbs up. Simmons is now totally redeemed and May is heading into dumbshit territory, though she was probably right this time.

Skye needs to level Afterlife if they don't un-kidnap her.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

fuck

that

noise

Commercials? With television?

How positively quaint!

Quite.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Amazon has every tv show for sale. I buy all of my TV on it. Hulu has nothing to do with it.

I do the same. I just pay for the season at the beginning and go from there. I got Flash s1 for $20 that way.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    And we have finished season 1! A both wow and boo moment. Wow because, you know: wow! And boo because we can't binge watch any more episodes.

My daughter just can't handle life with Ward as a douche (this is where I started to tell her that all teenage boys are Ward until my wife gave me the side eye) and so didn't watch the season finale with us.

To get some MCU fix we turned to Daredevil (we had already watched the first episode) and you know the fight scenes are good when your wife says "they give me a stomach ache".

It will also be nice to swing through this threads spoilers at last.

this made me lol

Also I think you can do the season pass on Amazon for iirc $40 which gets you all episodes of season 2 to current and the rest of the season about 6-7 hours after they initially air

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

fuck

that

noise

I wouldn't mind them so much if they had more variety. A lot of times the commercial breaks are all identical, and that's super annoying.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I don't mind hulu's commercials. They're about once every 10 minutes and it's usually only one that lasts around 10 seconds.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    So.

(latest episode)
    Coulson is lying through his teeth about putting Ward through the TAHITI process.

He means to kill Ward or worse once the mission is done.

• Options
    Speaking of the TAHITI process
    I thought the memory machine was buried under a mountain.

Though I suppose Fury's toolbox might have the location of another one.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular

SHIELD
    Coulson definitely has another one. He used it earlier this season to unlock his memories about TAHITI when they where after the crazy ex-SHIELD agent.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I thought that was (TAHITI)
    a somewhat different machine, that was more to open up and unlock memories - not sure it had any kind of re-writing ability that was mentioned. The machine we saw working on Coulson during the TAHITI process had the physical spider-army bits zapping away, where as the one Garrett and Raina were using seemed more read-only.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Can somebody give me a timeline in Bakshi's whereabouts? Every time he shows up, it's a complete surprise to me. I thought he was dead, he shows up. I swear he was in custody, he shows up. I would be the worst spy, I cannot keep track of this lone asshole.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    I thought that was (TAHITI)
    a somewhat different machine, that was more to open up and unlock memories - not sure it had any kind of re-writing ability that was mentioned. The machine we saw working on Coulson during the TAHITI process had the physical spider-army bits zapping away, where as the one Garrett and Raina were using seemed more read-only.

TAHITI
    I guess it might be different. Coulson could just be bluffing Ward though, or have built a new one though that seems unlikely.

• Options
    Can somebody give me a timeline in Bakshi's whereabouts? Every time he shows up, it's a complete surprise to me. I thought he was dead, he shows up. I swear he was in custody, he shows up. I would be the worst spy, I cannot keep track of this lone asshole.

Coulson gave Bakshi to Talbot after they used him to kill a bunch of Hydra leaders. Ward and Agent 33 broke Bakshi out of prison so they could brainwash him.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »

SHIELD
    Coulson definitely has another one. He used it earlier this season to unlock his memories about TAHITI when they where after the crazy ex-SHIELD agent.
    That was the machine Raina put him through. The TAHITI machine had multiple arms that sutured the exposed brain of the person.

That machine was in the mountain, but I don't doubt they can try a different method.

• Options
    Hellbore wrote: »

SHIELD

I thought that was
    The theta wave machine that Raina and Po had in season 1 when they were interrogating Coulson.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular

Coulson gave Bakshi to Talbot after they used him to kill a bunch of Hydra leaders. Ward and Agent 33 broke Bakshi out of prison so they could brainwash him.

Ah, that's right, I forgot about the lawnmower episode. I'm usually attentive to details, I cannot for the life of me figure out why this single character is so hard for me to track.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Re: Ward
    Why does everyone think he's going to be Taskmaster?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    They're all jealous of his handsome chiseled face.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Because he's that good at fighting. And the best part is we've never really seen him cut loose. The closest we got was when he saved Skye (before she knew he was evil) but it cut away before it showed him killing five dudes with a knife when they had guns, and when he fought May in the S1 finale, which was never going to be a win for him.

Plus, it's a remnant of back when the thread wanted more Supers in the show, so everyone was trying to figure out who the people in the cast could be.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Because he's that good at fighting. And the best part is we've never really seen him cut loose. The closest we got was when he saved Skye (before she knew he was evil) but it cut away before it showed him killing five dudes with a knife when they had guns, and when he fought May in the S1 finale, which was never going to be a win for him.

Plus, it's a remnant of back when the thread wanted more Supers in the show, so everyone was trying to figure out who the people in the cast could be.

Also,
    he's now ex-SHIELD and the near future promises to have memory issues for him.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I haven't watched a commercial in a decade and never will again! It's a dead system like the dead system it's based on.

I would hardly call it a dead system.

Commercials may be annoying, but damn, if you think your 10 bucks a month to netflix is going to pay for completely removing TV stations, TV broadcasting, and cleaning the damn toilets next to the news room, your crazy.

It's not commercials themselves that are the problem, its how they are presented.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Oh, none of it is going to go away anytime soon, I agree. It's a walking zombie. It's dead to ME. I realize the entire system is going to haunt as for awhile yet, though, yes.

I disagree with the commercials not being 'a' problem, though. They are totally just 30 seconds of wasted time even if I DO care about whatever it's shilling. Which is almost never.

I also hate previews, though, too. :P

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    My issue is that TV filmed without regard (or reverence) for commercial breaks just feels so much better and more fluid (GoT, Daredevil, OitNB, etc)

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Oh sure, i agree, but its going to continue to be a neccesary evil unless you do something drastic like Government owned broadcasting. (like the BBC).

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    The biggest thing I hate about the commercial breaks on Hulu is that sometimes they just randomly break.

Like halfway through playing an ad, it will suddenly go 'Cannot load this message from our sponsors! Turn off ad block!' You were PLAYING THE GODDAMN AD HULU.

And then for whatever reason, nearly everytime I reload, it then tells me 'You can only watch Hulu on one device at a time' and then it takes 5 minutes or so of waiting for me to be able to load again. Which makes me watch a new ad.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    azith28 wrote: »
    Oh sure, i agree, but its going to continue to be a neccesary evil unless you do something drastic like Government owned broadcasting. (like the BBC).

Or enough people will eventually just cut cords to force the business model to finally die off.

If I just want a fibre-op Internet connection (50 Mbps download, 5 Mbps upload), that would be $80 plus tax from my local ISP. If I want that Internet connection plus television, that would be $140 plus tax. Over the course of the year, that comes to over $700. That means that for the amount of television I watch, it's much cheaper to just use Netflix and then to buy TV shows off of iTunes or Google Play or Amazon for $1.99 to 2.99 an episode or so, or $30 to $40 for a season if I'm really confident that I'll watch the show all the way through. I watch maybe five or six hours of TV a week - it's much better for me to buy the shows, and to be able to download them whenever (or wherever, on whatever device) than it is to pay for cable.

The change is slow, but it's happening, without the need for something drastic.

Shadowhope on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    People really want to see Taskmaster. Which I don't blame them for, because he's awesome. But I think we're going to need to get a little more crazy before a guy in a skull mask and white cloak is not out of place on AoS. :)

This discussion has been closed.