As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Age of Inhumans

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Wow, that was a really good episode. It's so frustrating when these episodes end, I just want to see the next one.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Man, Kyle MacLachlan is just destroying this episode.

Seriously

Also like holy fuck everything is hitting the fan and it is doing so in a marvelous way.

Seriously, that final battle, you need a diagram to keep track of everyone involved.
    Coulson + Hunter + Deathlok teamed up with Ward and 13 vs. Cal vs. Lincoln vs. Hydra, and with May and the gang back at home watching remotely! And THEN Gordon shows up too.

Speaking of which, who ended up with Cal?

You know, it would be interesting to have Cal and Bruce meet. Not in a "Hulk vs. Hyde" fight sort of way; just two dudes with science-based rage issues to work out.

It's
    Agent 33 not Agent 13.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

Seriously

Also like holy fuck everything is hitting the fan and it is doing so in a marvelous way.

Seriously, that final battle, you need a diagram to keep track of everyone involved.
    Coulson + Hunter + Deathlok teamed up with Ward and 13 vs. Cal vs. Lincoln vs. Hydra, and with May and the gang back at home watching remotely! And THEN Gordon shows up too.

You know, it would be interesting to have Cal and Bruce meet. Not in a "Hulk vs. Hyde" fight sort of way; just two dudes with science-based rage issues to work out.

It's
    Agent 33 not Agent 13.
    Ha ha! That is what we WANTED you to think!

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

Seriously

It's
    Agent 33 not Agent 13.
    Ha ha! That is what we WANTED you to think!

Right, because this
    217%20-%20agent%2013.jpg
    is really Agent 13

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Partway through the latest episode, it hits me...
    we might have more fuel for the 'Ward will become MCU Taskmaster' theory if Coulson's going to play with his memories.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Seriously

While having a damn fine cup of coffee together? Yes please.

Next Week Speculation:
    Fury and/or Hill show up to the party?
    Not sure if Next week, but they've said Smoulders is guesting in an upcoming
    Hydra base in Eastern Europe? Experimenting on powered people? SHIELD Raid on said base?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7UnH8OanmE

nusu on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    C. L. Johnson

Cal L. Johnson

Cal L.

Ahahaha

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Kamar wrote: »
    we might have more fuel for the 'Ward will become MCU Taskmaster' theory if Coulson's going to play with his memories.
    Either way, there's some interesting nature versus nurture material going on if they try to wipe his mind. Does he stay good? Does he revert to evil? Who can say!

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Either way, there's some interesting nature versus nurture material going on if they try to wipe his mind. Does he stay good? Does he revert to evil? Who can say!

It would really be
    nurture vs. nurture since it was Garrett who indoctrinated him into Hydra in the first place.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    That triple tap on the hyrda agent, cold blooded.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    ElJeffe wrote: »

It would really be
    nurture vs. nurture since it was Garrett who indoctrinated him into Hydra in the first place.

If the idea is to replace all the bad stuff, then any return to evil would presumably be because he was just wired that way.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    My favourite scene this episode
    They're all on a plane. Ward goes all "yo Fitz, whaddup". Fitz takes a moment and then just lunges at Ward, though Hunter and Coulson grab him before he can get all punchy.

The best thing about it is the look on Ward's face. He's not smiling smugly about how he totally trolled Fitz into losing his temper like a stereotypical villain might; instead, he looks hurt and confused, all "oh we're not friends anymore?". It's a nice little character beat.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    They're all on a plane. Ward goes all "yo Fitz, whaddup". Fitz takes a moment and then just lunges at Ward, though Hunter and Coulson grab him before he can get all punchy.

The best thing about it is the look on Ward's face. He's not smiling smugly about how he totally trolled Fitz into losing his temper like a stereotypical villain might; instead, he looks hurt and confused, all "oh we're not friends anymore?". It's a nice little character beat.
    Nah, it was totally Ward being purposefully nonchalant in order to push buttons.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Having Ward and Cal both be psychopathic in completely different ways in the same episode makes for such wonderful television.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Nah, it was totally Ward being purposefully nonchalant in order to push buttons.
    You might think Ward was trolling for reaction because of how he says it (being his cocky psycho self), but the reaction shot after Fitz lunges at him tells a different story.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Ward, the hero we need.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Okay about the end, 3 questions I suppose:
    1. Boshy takes Deathlok. But he's been brainwashed by Ward. So either he's working on Ward's orders, improvising via interpretation, or... something else? Maybe Coulson doesn't know what Boshy did, because Fitz's feed got cut, because Jemma hacked it, I suppose....
    2. Jemma's hacked Deathlok, so she might know where he gets taken, unless that EMP totally disabled everything? Dunno. Still, she probably saw Boshy do it, or did she not get access to the visual? (Also, lol @ obviously Jemma's hacking would cause Fitz's screen to fritz out and show a giant error message. Double also, I thought Jemma wasn't good with electronics, which was Fitz's thing. Or hacking, which was Skye's thing. Hm.)
    3. I am unclear as to how HYDRA found Cal and Daisy. It sounded like they're tracking Gordon's teleportations, but Gordon left them a long time ago some distance away. Or ... maybe Gordon's leaving some sort of signature on the people he transports, and they're tracking that, I guess? Hm.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    1. Boshy takes Deathlok. But he's been brainwashed by Ward. So either he's working on Ward's orders, improvising via interpretation, or... something else? Maybe Coulson doesn't know what Boshy did, because Fitz's feed got cut, because Jemma hacked it, I suppose....
    2. Jemma's hacked Deathlok, so she might know where he gets taken, unless that EMP totally disabled everything? Dunno. Still, she probably saw Boshy do it, or did she not get access to the visual? (Also, lol @ obviously Jemma's hacking would cause Fitz's screen to fritz out and show a giant error message. Double also, I thought Jemma wasn't good with electronics, which was Fitz's thing. Or hacking, which was Skye's thing. Hm.)
    3. I am unclear as to how HYDRA found Cal and Daisy. It sounded like they're tracking Gordon's teleportations, but Gordon left them a long time ago some distance away. Or ... maybe Gordon's leaving some sort of signature on the people he transports, and they're tracking that, I guess? Hm.
    They probably saw the other guy teleporting in to go "save" skye

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They mentioned a "quantum signature" from that one corpse who turned out to be the backpacker from Afterlife

• Options
    GokerzGokerz Registered User regular
    (Also, lol @ obviously Jemma's hacking would cause Fitz's screen to fritz out and show a giant error message.
    that was the EMP grenade, not Jemma's hacking. He happened to notice her hacking attempt when the connection tried to reestablish itself.

causality.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

You might think Ward was trolling for reaction because of how he says it (being his cocky psycho self), but the reaction shot after Fitz lunges at him tells a different story.
    I don't think Ward was trolling, Ward just doesn't function the same as a normal person

I don't know if hes a sociopath or what but it seems like he legitimately expected him and Fitz to immediately resume the same status they used to have because they were working together again

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I don't think Ward was trolling, Ward just doesn't function the same as a normal person

I don't know if hes a sociopath or what but it seems like he legitimately expected him and Fitz to immediately resume the same status they used to have because they were working together again
    He tried to kill Fitz and failed, Fitz tried to kill him and failed. They should be even, right?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    My DVR cut off the end, maybe?

I got Agents of Shield will return in a moment, then some ads and then nothing. Was there a scene?

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

I got Agents of Shield will return in a moment, then some ads and then nothing. Was there a scene?
    Bobbi and Big Mac arrived at the scene, hours after the action had died down, and Coulson was waiting for them to turn himself in.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Pop in a spoiler of what happened before the commercial break

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Bobbi and Big Mac arrived at the scene, hours after the action had died down, and Coulson was waiting for them to turn himself in.

hmmm

• Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    I really like how they have gotten pretty good at the spy thing in this show. The twists feel organic and not forced (ahem Arrow) and i can kind of see where everyone is coming from, and root for each character. Even Cal. Which......aside from his sudden bursts of "dude settle down!" kind of anger, i can understand where he is coming from.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    I really like how they have gotten pretty good at the spy thing in this show. The twists feel organic and not forced (ahem Arrow) and i can kind of see where everyone is coming from, and root for each character. Even Cal. Which......aside from his sudden bursts of "dude settle down!" kind of anger, i can understand where he is coming from.

Even then, it's clear that the anger is a side effect of the drugs he invented so that he could go toe-to-toe with Hydra. He's a fully tragic character.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Even then, it's clear that the anger is a side effect of the drugs he invented so that he could go toe-to-toe with Hydra. He's a fully tragic character.
    "I wish she could have known me before..."

oof, that was a mild turning point for me with Cal. He knows just how damaged he is, and he's just trying to power thru it. Plus all of those memories about ice cream, father-daughter dances, etc.

The writers are gonna kill him, aren't they? Bastards.
    1. I think Bakshi's operating on Ward's orders. Ward has some greater endgame in mind here and he voluntarily gave up an advantageous position twice in this ep (totally could have killed Coulson several times by now)
    2. The error screen was caused by Lincoln's big ol' jolt to Deathlok, not the hack or the EMP. It was during the reboot after that jolt that Fitz noticed Jemma trying to get in. I'm guessing having SHIELD code on her side helps with the hack, and she did design some of Deathlok's upgrades so she's somewhat familiar with his stuff.
    3. They tracked Gordon's teleportation to Milwaukee. Beyond that, they followed a trail of plot to Cal's office, although I think Cal did say the office was just around the corner when he and Skye first arrived, so maybe Hydra knew the building was abandoned or knew Cal owned it and he's a known associate of powered people.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Watching the latest episode now
    Oh my god! They're going to make Ward the Taskmaster! Eeeeeee!

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

"I wish she could have known me before..."

oof, that was a mild turning point for me with Cal. He knows just how damaged he is, and he's just trying to power thru it. Plus all of those memories about ice cream, father-daughter dances, etc.

The writers are gonna kill him, aren't they? Bastards.
    1. I think Bakshi's operating on Ward's orders. Ward has some greater endgame in mind here and he voluntarily gave up an advantageous position twice in this ep (totally could have killed Coulson several times by now)
    2. The error screen was caused by Lincoln's big ol' jolt to Deathlok, not the hack or the EMP. It was during the reboot after that jolt that Fitz noticed Jemma trying to get in. I'm guessing having SHIELD code on her side helps with the hack, and she did design some of Deathlok's upgrades so she's somewhat familiar with his stuff.
    3. They tracked Gordon's teleportation to Milwaukee. Beyond that, they followed a trail of plot to Cal's office, although I think Cal did say the office was just around the corner when he and Skye first arrived, so maybe Hydra knew the building was abandoned or knew Cal owned it and he's a known associate of powered people.
    I'm pretty sure the backpacker was picked up because they tracked Gordon when he dropped the kid off, so yeah, they're just tracking Gordon's teleporting. They don't know what's going on with it other than it looks like quantum tunneling

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    So.. anyone else notice the look Jaiying gave Gordon when he said he was the first with his powers?

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Hot diggity damn.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    So.. anyone else notice the look Jaiying gave Gordon when he said he was the first with his powers?
    He's gonna be pissed when he hears about Nightcrawler. 300px-X-men2_08.jpg

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    He's gonna be pissed when he hears about Nightcrawler. 300px-X-men2_08.jpg
    It ain't Nightcrawler she's thinking of:
    Lockjaw.PNG

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Since Lincoln can levitate people with his powers, I wonder if they'll ever have him levitate a trashcan lid, stand on it, and use it to fly.

Now that
    Hydra is getting close to discovering who the Inhumans are and starting to kidnap them, I really hope that Hydra has greatly underestimated the Inhumans. And that once the Inhumans start taking the threat seriously and decides to take action, they'll send some really powerful Inhumans to just crush Hydra and take over all their resources.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular

His mistrust in Skye the moment when other dudes showed up was a bit weird though.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Ravelle wrote: »

His mistrust in Skye the moment when other dudes showed up was a bit weird though.

Severe paranoia is my guess. Plus he's batshit crazy. I'm not surprised by anything he does.
    EDIT: plus barely (un?) controllable rage.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Ravelle wrote: »

Severe paranoia is my guess. Plus he's batshit crazy. I'm not surprised by anything he does.
    EDIT: plus barely (un?) controllable rage.
    Plus he was feeling betrayed. He thought he was on the verge of getting his family back together, then realized that was not the case at all. And Skye's attempt to soften the blow may have made things worse since she's the face of it (that betrayal) now.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I'm just rewatching the first Avengers, and I totally forgot this thing about their helicarrier: it originally looked just like a regular aircraft carrier. The propellers extended out of the main body only when they needed it. So that means, SHREALD's carrier might just as well be a flying one!

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
This discussion has been closed.