As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Age of Inhumans

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I would prefer they do their own thing if they make ward taskmaster

the skull mask being the homage to the original with the rest of his getup being basically tactical gear

ward going merc does fit perfectly with his character

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    TBH I think it's cooler to see someone capable and resourceful getting shit done without powers. Even if he is evil.

Yeah ward is still awesome. You Totally get a vibe of insane danger around him, like he could on a whim decide to kill someone. He plays the crazy very well

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Ward as Ward? Cool. Ward as Taskmaster? Cool. Frankly, I just like Ward as a character. He's got some good, interesting crazy going on inside that brain of his that makes him a wildcard in the show, which is awesome. As long as they keep that going, it doesn't really matter to me whether or not they make him someone from the comics. Just, you know, don't kill him off. He's a good recurring antagonist.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I'm still thinking coulson must be hiding something... Bad. Like, I get that he can't tell everyone, but... No one? It must be something he sees as necessary, but also as dirty.

You don't become director of shield by being the nicest guy in the room

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I just hope the writers realize people want him to be Taskmaster and just constantly tease it without ever delivering, just for the hate mail.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I'm still thinking coulson must be hiding something... Bad. Like, I get that he can't tell everyone, but... No one? It must be something he sees as necessary, but also as dirty.

that's... almost exactly why Fury gave him the job?

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Arguably he's told whoever was building and buying the supplies they found that lead them to Theta Protocol.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Arguably he's told whoever was building and buying the supplies they found that lead them to Theta Protocol.

Might explain where the Koenigs are. (I've heard someone say that Coulson mentioned Theta Protocol to them before the team left for the inhuman city)

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Might explain where the Koenigs are. (I've heard someone say that Coulson mentioned Theta Protocol to them before the team left for the inhuman city)

That leaves another possibility:
    Theta Protocol is whatever Fury's up to. That would allow for a direct tie-in with Avengers.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Something I liked about the last episode is
    Mike asking Agent 33 if she had any more of the masks available. It was a nice personalizing touch between the two of them relating on a human level.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    The video in question (3m in):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsP1gCI5cv0

there is zero chance that wasn't orchestrated by the parent company, it's far too risky as a PR move to leave it up to chance

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Well it was on M the parent company's late night show with the stars f parent company's newest hit film and the star of oarent company's hit tv show so I agree it's a logical conclusion

They also didn't seem wholly averse to the idea

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    You could give it the optimistic spin that they already filmed/plan on filming something and are under contract not to spill, but they want to tease it, so that.

Or it's just a tease and their initial deathly silence of "Are you fucking kidding me?", while staged, was also true.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    So I have a theory as to what is in the hold of the boat.
    Another TAHITI project.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

Oh shit!
    Coulson brought the toolbox with him? I figured he'd leave that with Fitz.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

That was so set up you can almost see the strings.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

But Puppet Master's a Fantastic Four villain!

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets, tangled in strings... strings!

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

I dunno. The one thing that makes me think it might not have been, is ScarJo kept asking where he was, and they moved over like they expected him to come out. I mean, granted, it IS a room full of actors, but that seemed pretty genuine.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    TBH I think it's cooler to see someone capable and resourceful getting shit done without powers. Even if he is evil.

in my ideal world MCU Taskmaster would be just that, Ward, no super powers, maybe some gadgets but just him being a badass merc

or really anything to keep ward in the show and some reason the main cast isn't shooting him because he's one of my favorite characters now that he can be himself
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Cap is on the run? I never got that impression (Black Widow even says "you know where to find us" to congress).
    If one of America's political parties staged a coup, made the President a fugitive, and installed one of their own in his or her place, which one would be the "real" president?

Are you implying that Coulson is the fugitive President in this analogy because SHIELD is a rogue operation according to the federal government (Talbot begrudgingly working with Coulson aside).

Well, maybe not "on the run" exactly. But on his own mission, keeping his head down, I suppose. Or at least, that's what the end of CAWS implied.

yeah this

I think if Congress ordered the military to arrest captain america they'd probably arrest congress

override367 on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

I dunno. The one thing that makes me think it might not have been, is ScarJo kept asking where he was, and they moved over like they expected him to come out. I mean, granted, it IS a room full of actors, but that seemed pretty genuine.

Yeah I think they really thought he was backstage or something.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

in my ideal world MCU Taskmaster would be just that, Ward, no super powers, maybe some gadgets but just him being a badass merc

If you're not going to let him have his photographic reflexes, why have him be Taskmaster at all?

That'd be like making Fitz Iron Man, and then not even bothering to have him build a suit.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    That'd be like making Fitz Iron Man, and then not even bothering to have him build a suit.

Have you seen what that guy can do with an electric hand dryer?

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

That leaves another possibility:
    Theta Protocol is whatever Fury's up to. That would allow for a direct tie-in with Avengers.

Serious Avengers spoilers:
    I don't think Fury is involved that much with actual Shield operations, at least THeta Protocoll does in now way come up in Avengers.

In AoU he mostly shows up as advisor/moral support after the team gets its ass kicked by Wanda. When the helicarrier shows up, Fury says that he had to call some old friends. So I guess we me see that call in one of the upcoming episodes of AoS, probably uniting both Shields for at least a moment to stop the apocalypse

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    If Ward turns out to become Task Master they need to somehow find a way to get his skeletor suit and get him on team Deadpool once in a while.

But I guess wacky costumes don't fit the show's tone.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    And Deadpool's rights are with Fox ATM.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Aw, too bad. In any case, it would be cool to have him team up with someone.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

If you're not going to let him have his photographic reflexes, why have him be Taskmaster at all?

Humm... i can see this.

Ward is put in the tahiti machine. The machine that implants and removes memories. A power surge occurs during the process. The Memories of everyone that had been in the machine before...or at least all the knowledge of their fighting skills are forced into wards brain. Ward loses all of his self-knowledge and becomes a fighting machine with no memory.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options

They never explained the hand dryer bit did they?

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

cf. the noodle incident

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

What? No, the Fitz-Hunter Hand Dryer Maneuver is legendary, required study for all cadets at SHIELD Hogwarts.

I'm a little disappointed that you don't know about it.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I was busy taking the mandatory "If i was going to take over the world, here is how i would do it" class.

Hail Hydra.

azith28 on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I was busy taking the mandatory "If i was going to take over the world, here is how i would do it" class.

Hail Hydra.

How to Get Away with World Domination 101

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    It's the Defense Against the Dark Arts of SHIELD Hogwarts.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

I don't think that could have been any more staged.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    We are harmless. we are like Slytherin. Just a group of similar minded people. A Frat if you will....

• Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    If I was looking for a Marvel Comic Universe character to pin Ward to that would keep him still associated with the show, it'd be Alexander Pierce from Secret Warriors.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    They already had Pierce in the MCU though.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    They already had Pierce in the MCU though.

Winter Soldier spoiler
    and he's pretty dead now.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
This discussion has been closed.