As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Age of Inhumans

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Re: Ward
    Why does everyone think he's going to be Taskmaster?
    People really want to see Taskmaster. Which I don't blame them for, because he's awesome. But I think we're going to need to get a little more crazy before a guy in a skull mask and white cloak is not out of place on AoS. :)
    We had Whitehall without the mask, and Strucker without the claw.
    Yeah, but who the hell wants Taskmaster without the skull & cloak?

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    As far as the audience OK, but in the context of the show, both organizations have no real legitimate authority and I would think that Cap would be against BOTH of them . Since the odds of him showing up in the series are about nil, I'll wait and see if Colbie Smulders makes an appearance and how she weighs in on things.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    This has made me wish that the massive list of MCU movies had included a Banner/Stark teamup movie. How did that not get floated around the boardroom?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    This has made me wish that the massive list of MCU movies had included a Banner/Stark teamup movie. How did that not get floated around the boardroom?

They're already so short on space that Black Panther and Captain Marvel are premiering AFTER Avengers 3 and Inhumans is premiering after Avengers 4.

Plus Civil War was probably a better use of paying for another RDJ appearance than a Science Bros movie.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    People really want to see Taskmaster. Which I don't blame them for, because he's awesome. But I think we're going to need to get a little more crazy before a guy in a skull mask and white cloak is not out of place on AoS. :)

I do. The Soldier X version was way cooler then the stupid skull and cloak.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    0dpnv9ekv2yo.png

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I'd rather have this version:
    taskmaster_by_maskedman1105-d5ybd76.png

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    0dpnv9ekv2yo.png

That would never work in live action.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

They're already so short on space that Black Panther and Captain Marvel are premiering AFTER Avengers 3 and Inhumans is premiering after Avengers 4.

Plus Civil War was probably a better use of paying for another RDJ appearance than a Science Bros movie.

Someone mentioned hoping to see lower budget made-for-Netflix movies in the future and I think that would be perfect for a lot of the universe building stories we'd like to see. Like "What's Black Widow Up To?" or "A Funny Story About Tony and Bruce" and possibly "This Looks Bad: The Hawkguy Story"

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Awhile back there was talk of marvel developing 20-30 minute short films for smaller characters. I guess that eventually morphed into the one-shots.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    skeldare wrote: »
    0dpnv9ekv2yo.png

Need I remind you that the Flash TV show is using Grodd as a villain? And we had a billion dollar grossing movie that starred Groot and Rocket?

minor incident on
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    0dpnv9ekv2yo.png

Use the real-world version:

soldier-300x3003.jpg

• Options
    Aren't they doing Crossbones? Might be one too many skull-faced dudes.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Can we agree that we all win if Ward fights Rumlow for the right to wear a skull mask?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Can we agree that we all win if Ward fights Rumlow for the right to wear a skull mask?

Then the Red Skull shows up.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Derp. Wrong Marve thread. Move along!

minor incident on
  • Options
    0dpnv9ekv2yo.png
    Flash works. Classic Tasky could absolutely work.
    Pressing question for the eurofolk: is Batroc the Leaper in AoU?
    Please do not answer that here and keep non-AoS spoilers out of the thread.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    It's quite obvious Coulson went to Ward and Agent 33 because they don't have the budget to go to Cap and Tony. Just something you have to roll with as usual. Hopefully Avengers 2 nullifies that problem for 30 seconds soon, but if not, oh well.

I think you could argue that it's unclear how Cap, at least, would react. He wanted SHIELD dismantled. Now two guys are bickering over who gets to run the new version of SHIELD, each one claiming that the other is jeopardizing security and whatever.

It's not certain that Cap would side with Coulson, much less immediately facilitate an operation against Hydra using an ex-Hydra operative who's murdered a bunch of people.

We know how Captain America will react. He'll give Coulson a new set of Captain America trading cards, autographed.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

MCU introduces Moon Knight and he fights the Taskmaster, boom, cloak.
    MCU introduces Scourge of the Underworld who fights Taskmaster, boom, mask.

He's gotta be the guy who picks up bits and pieces from the people he fights.

• Options
    0dpnv9ekv2yo.png
    Flash works. Classic Tasky could absolutely work.
    Pressing question for the eurofolk: is Batroc the Leaper in AoU?
    Please do not answer that here and keep non-AoS spoilers out of the thread.

Sorry, mixed up my Marvel threads!

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    ...taskmaster is mega man?

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular

You're gonna love AoU ;)

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    0dpnv9ekv2yo.png

I'd argue it doesn't even work in that picture.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Cap is on the run? I never got that impression (Black Widow even says "you know where to find us" to congress).
    If one of America's political parties staged a coup, made the President a fugitive, and installed one of their own in his or her place, which one would be the "real" president?

Are you implying that Coulson is the fugitive President in this analogy because SHIELD is a rogue operation according to the federal government (Talbot begrudgingly working with Coulson aside).

Coulson was officially selected by the previous leadership for the position, while Gonzales and crew just went "let's start a new SHIELD!" And then came in and took over Coulson's operation. Basically, Coulson has a stronger claim to the position as far as the audience is concerned.

"As far as the audience is concerned" isn't much of a metric. Depending on their mood, the audience could endorse Coulson, Fury, Cap, Tony Stark, Batman, Actual Sam Jackson, or OT Obi Wan Kenobi.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    0dpnv9ekv2yo.png

I'd argue it doesn't even work in that picture.
    Picture was more meant as Taskmaster calling out Kipling for dissing the classic costume.

I think there's some MCUization that needs to occur. Maybe mute the brights a bit, swap out the briefs-over-tights look for something a little more tactical. Like what they did for Cap in First Avenger.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Cap is on the run? I never got that impression (Black Widow even says "you know where to find us" to congress).
    If one of America's political parties staged a coup, made the President a fugitive, and installed one of their own in his or her place, which one would be the "real" president?

Are you implying that Coulson is the fugitive President in this analogy because SHIELD is a rogue operation according to the federal government (Talbot begrudgingly working with Coulson aside).

Coulson was officially selected by the previous leadership for the position, while Gonzales and crew just went "let's start a new SHIELD!" And then came in and took over Coulson's operation. Basically, Coulson has a stronger claim to the position as far as the audience is concerned.

"As far as the audience is concerned" isn't much of a metric. Depending on their mood, the audience could endorse Coulson, Fury, Cap, Tony Stark, Batman, Actual Sam Jackson, or OT Obi Wan Kenobi.

We held an Internet poll and the new head of S.H.I.E.L.D. is...

Weedlord Bonerhitler!

• Options

Sorry, "as far as the audience has been shown". Would probably be a better way of saying it.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    It's quite obvious Coulson went to Ward and Agent 33 because they don't have the budget to go to Cap and Tony. Just something you have to roll with as usual. Hopefully Avengers 2 nullifies that problem for 30 seconds soon, but if not, oh well.

It was extremely telling when all the Avengers stars were on Conan or whatever and doing some promo for AoU and they had Clark Gregg show up to ask if any of them would consider showing up on AoS and they all just sat there for an awkward silence instead of entertaining the possibility.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

Weedlord Bonerhitler!

My write-in campaign worked!

• Options

It was extremely telling when all the Avengers stars were on Conan or whatever and doing some promo for AoU and they had Clark Gregg show up to ask if any of them would consider showing up on AoS and they all just sat there for an awkward silence instead of entertaining the possibility.

Weren't they all drunk at that point?

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Weedlord Bonerhitler!
    The Puppies ruin everything.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

That happened? Ha. Marvel needs to put "cameo on our TV shows" into their contracts from now on.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

Weren't they all drunk at that point?

I doubt RDJ was, but everyone was having a good time and chatting, and answering some inane fan questions ("Can you tell my teacher to move my exam so I can see the premier?") then when Clark Gregg asked they all just sat there and pulled a stupid face.

It looked like they were trying to calculate how much less they would be paid and if it would count towards their contractually obligated appearances, rather than any interest in what they could do on the show, while at the same time trying not to piss off the fans and execs by just saying no because they are too good for Network TV.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    The video in question (3m in):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsP1gCI5cv0

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

Weedlord Bonerhitler!

My write-in campaign worked!

Curse you for stealing it from Cyber-Enhanced Zombie Dick Clark.

He would have won too if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Coulson is director of shield, unless we have gone completely stupid and accepted deroShield's claims of legitimacy.

If you're in a suit, sitting in the Whitehouse, and everyone around you says you're the president, but some guy is running around the country shouting about how you're not...who are people taking orders from here?

Yeah we all think Coulson should be the director, and by name he is, but right now he's not acting as a Director because he doesn't have anything to direct other than Hunter and Ward and Co.

The one who had the working launch codes.

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    I really don't get this need for a fully interesting character from the TV show to turn out to be some established character from the comics. Wouldn't it be cool if Ward was actually Taskmaster? No, it's cool that he's Ward. The show does not increase in quality in proportion to the number of comic book character names used in it.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    This wrote: »
    I really don't get this need for a fully interesting character from the TV show to turn out to be some established character from the comics. Wouldn't it be cool if Ward was actually Taskmaster? No, it's cool that he's Ward. The show does not increase in quality in proportion to the number of comic book character names used in it.

It isn't about turning them into a character from the comics, it's about taking a character on the show and giving them abilities that match or are similar to another character from the comics.

Skye isn't the same as Quake from the comics even with the the name and similar powers, and Agent 33 isn't Madam Mask even though she's got the abilities and background, but having the call backs for fans of the comics is a great feeling.

It isn't, "hey wouldn't it be cool if Ward was Taskmaster", it's "Hey wouldn't it be cool if Ward had the ability to learn a person's fighting moves by fighting them, and became a really bad ass mercenary who has some serious power?"

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    TBH I think it's cooler to see someone capable and resourceful getting shit done without powers. Even if he is evil.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
This discussion has been closed.