As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragon Age: Inquisition] - Jaws Of Hakkon DLC out now for PC, XONE - others in May

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It was the Saturn Sega just dropped out of nowhere, the beloved, beautiful, Dreamcast was always 9-9-99. Rest in Heaven you sweet princess.....

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Man...Sega made so many questionable business moves.

But yeah...RIP Dreamcast. You were too beautiful for this world.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    While I really enjoyed the origin stories of the first game (all were awesome, aside from boring ole' Dalish, and mage), I can understand why they didn't go for customized pre-breach scenes. It would have disrupted the flow of the storytelling, I guess.

• Options
    BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    While I really enjoyed the origin stories of the first game (all were awesome, aside from boring ole' Dalish, and mage), I can understand why they didn't go for customized pre-breach scenes. It would have disrupted the flow of the storytelling, I guess.
    Having a giant explosion start the game was PRETTY fantastic. It was particularly impactful if you let it sit for a while at the main menu and just allow dozens of mages and templars stream in.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    TTODewback wrote: »

WHAT WAIT NO NO AHH I AM NOT PREPARED

WHAT WHAT WHAT.

jesus fucking christ i dont get paid until wednesday night fucccccccck.

edit: i guess this means its more in the line of DA2/mass effect 2/3 dlcs rather than a proper expansion right?

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

WHAT WHAT WHAT.

edit: i guess this means its more in the line of DA2/mass effect 2/3 dlcs rather than a proper expansion right?

It's available now on XBone. Quick, someone download it and tell the rest of us if it's worth it! ;-)

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited March 2015

WHAT WHAT WHAT.

It's probably like those DLCs, but like I've said earlier, Awakening was released just 133 days after DA:O launched. So... ya know, it's possible that it's bigger.

Bassguy on
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

WHAT WHAT WHAT.

It's available now on XBone. Quick, someone download it and tell the rest of us if it's worth it! ;-)

sweet baby jesus.

• Options

WHAT WHAT WHAT.

Here is the description on that page:
    Discover the fate of the last Inquisitor and the powerful dragon he hunted. Enter an overgrown wilderness filled with Avvar, fiercely independent hunters who settled in the southern mountains of Thedas. Explore their culture to uncover what happened to the last Inquisitor and the dragon he pursued. Find an ancient Tevinter fortress that hides a dangerous secret. In this new adventure, playable within the Dragon Age: Inquisition campaign, you will face powerful foes, gain legendary armor and weapons, and confront an ancient god of war bent on destroying the world.

Features:
    • Uncover a lost chapter in the history of the Inquisition and discover the ultimate fate of the last Inquisitor
    • Explore a vast, new area in Thedas with lush forests and mountainous terrain
    • Earn the respect of Avvar warriors while destroying an ancient cult
    • Strengthen the Inquisition through new operations unlocked by your discoveries

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    What is Pillars of Eternity and how exactly is it about to kill the game?

it's the actual spiritual successor to baldur's gate, its at least what bioware were trying to do with dragon age origins before it became its own thing.

and PoE looks like it is going to be incredible. no romances though.

• Options
    so I guess they want us to play it before the endgame run?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Bassguy wrote: »

WHAT WHAT WHAT.

Here is the description on that page:
    Discover the fate of the last Inquisitor and the powerful dragon he hunted. Enter an overgrown wilderness filled with Avvar, fiercely independent hunters who settled in the southern mountains of Thedas. Explore their culture to uncover what happened to the last Inquisitor and the dragon he pursued. Find an ancient Tevinter fortress that hides a dangerous secret. In this new adventure, playable within the Dragon Age: Inquisition campaign, you will face powerful foes, gain legendary armor and weapons, and confront an ancient god of war bent on destroying the world.

Features:
    • Uncover a lost chapter in the history of the Inquisition and discover the ultimate fate of the last Inquisitor
    • Explore a vast, new area in Thedas with lush forests and mountainous terrain
    • Earn the respect of Avvar warriors while destroying an ancient cult
    • Strengthen the Inquisition through new operations unlocked by your discoveries

oh man oh man. im gonna be loading up a prior save before the end game to play this
    just so me and my best buds, dorian and solas, can continue to hang out together.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Meh.

"Run around in a new giant area! Fight a new dragon!" doesn't really appeal to me.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    In this new adventure, playable within the Dragon Age: Inquisition campaign, you will face powerful foes, gain legendary armor and weapons, and confront an ancient god of war bent on destroying the world.

Yes, but are there new hats?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Wait what?! Dammit I spent too much time on the stupid multiplayer and never did a second run. Well time to go hunt dragons with my Reaver I guess. I wonder if this new patch will break mods?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Bassguy wrote: »
    WHAT?! How is Hawke a terrible PC? She/he might not be super effective, but she/he is BY FAR the most interesting PC. The Warden and Inquisitor are boring cipher characters with hardly any personality whatsoever.

And on that note, I bring you...

tumblr_nlky562pyH1u8t5mro6_r2_500.png

That's just one frame. The whole sequence is equally amazing.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I honestly liked divinity original sin better than POE last time I played it, the gameplay was crap

maybe it's improved though

• Options
    Historically, it seems like the window of Xbox exclusivity for CoD DLC is roughly one month.

I wonder if EA is doing something similar, or if the exclusivity window is different with this deal.

• Options
    I updated my game, since I haven't played it since about the first week of February, and I had a quest get fixed (a rift), but one thing that has not been fixed yet is two things:

a) there's a store that should have opened up next to the guy in Skyhold who sells those treaty items that are made to increase power and influence. I see the icon showing the buy/sell thing but still, nothing there, and nothing to buy either

b) the little experience/power/influence bar in the top right corner never shows up anymore. I still get the power notifications and the aura over the inquisitor, but what am I going to do with my 200+ remaining power?

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Well, I guess there's always a bright side to this

As a PS4 player, at least I won't be tempted to buy the DLC before it's patch-fixed

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    The new area is like level 24.

• Options
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Well, I guess there's always a bright side to this

As a PS4 player, at least I won't be tempted to buy the DLC before it's patch-fixed
    Oh, don't worry. I'm sure the PS4 will have platform-exclusive bugs of its very own at launch.

That way, we all get to have the true launch-day experience.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    What is Pillars of Eternity and how exactly is it about to kill the game?

it's the actual spiritual successor to baldur's gate, its at least what bioware were trying to do with dragon age origins before it became its own thing.

and PoE looks like it is going to be incredible. no romances though.

Until the mods anyways :winky:

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I updated my game, since I haven't played it since about the first week of February, and I had a quest get fixed (a rift), but one thing that has not been fixed yet is two things:

a) there's a store that should have opened up next to the guy in Skyhold who sells those treaty items that are made to increase power and influence. I see the icon showing the buy/sell thing but still, nothing there, and nothing to buy either

b) the little experience/power/influence bar in the top right corner never shows up anymore. I still get the power notifications and the aura over the inquisitor, but what am I going to do with my 200+ remaining power?

1) happened to me as well. And it was very weird.

Even weirder when the vendor DID show show up and there was an empty space next to him where I could purchase stuff as well (there's a box/icon and I can interact with it, but no shop stall or person).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    So...I just fought like
    4 Pride Demons at the same time
    and everything was bright and I had no idea what was going on.

I haven't really advanced the story but so far its feeling like a high level area with a lot of high level loot/materials and some lore on the Inquisition thrown in for good measure.

So take from that what you will.

• Options
    So...I just fought like
    4 Pride Demons at the same time
    and everything was bright and I had no idea what was going on.

I haven't really advanced the story but so far its feeling like a high level area with a lot of high level loot/materials and some lore on the Inquisition thrown in for good measure.

So take from that what you will.
    Hmmm... I really hope there is some meaty character stuff in here. $15 for more grinding and some lore sounds like a bad value.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    There is some stuff about Scout Harding it seems.

So if you like her I guess you'll like that.

I was mostly indifferent to her and never got on that fan train so eh.

Not much with your core party.

But I'm still early.

Dragkonias on
  • Options

Not much with your core party.
    I really, really like Harding, but (obviously?) I place more importance on the core team. That is... preliminarily disappointing, I guess.

• Options
    Meh. I guess this was pretty much what I was expecting for the first DLC so I'm cool with it.

As far as story heavy stuff goes, if ME3 is any indication we won't get that until the 2nd or 3rd one.

• Options
    Meh. I guess this was pretty much what I was expecting for the first DLC so I'm cool with it.

As far as story heavy stuff goes, if ME3 is any indication we won't get that until the 2nd or 3rd one.
    I mean, I guess it depends on what you mean by "story" in that context. Because the reveal and info dump are pretty important in Leviathan.

I suppose hearing that it's mostly the secondary vanilla stuff makes the exclusivity window sting less, but I'd rather the DLC be awesome.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I can't answer if its "awesome" since that's pretty subjective. I mean it isn't Citadel level if that's what you're wondering.

I mean if you want comparisons I would say its pretty much like Leviathan or Legacy(well except without the family stuff) in terms of content/importance. Not sure if it will foreshadow anything like both of those did.

*Though I would note I didn't think Leviathan was that important to the main plotline, it just clarified some things.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

Heathen.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I played a lot more tonight, still haven't started the main quest but been doing a lot the side content.

Yeah, most of this map has you learning about the Avaar. Their customs, way of life, how they deal with mages.

The map is a decent size and one of the cooler looking locales.

As far as party stuff, since people like Bassguy wanted to know. Nothing heavy but your characters do quip in a bit here and there.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    So has anyone seen the DLC in the PC store yet? Or am I just blind?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    It isn't showing yet. I think it should around 1PM CST (That's usually when shit shows up)

Also
    Twitter wrote:
    Mark Darrah
    Jaws of Hakkon has the dialog count of an exploration area and a crit path area together.
    Goal was to tie story into the explorable space

Patrick Weekes retweeted
    Mark Darrah ‏
    We will be watching feedback on this kind of storytelling closely

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I see it just fine under "Game Details" in Origin.

Haven't tried to buy it yet, mainly because I don't get paid till Thursday.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Those glowing weapons the Avvar are using look pretty cool.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I liked the body paint.
    The weapons looked really out of place to me with their textures. (Of course I'm at work so its at lower resolution and stuff so it may look better when everything is nice and crisp)
    Edit: JoH is up on Origin. Apparently they added it exactly when I made that last post (11:00)

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Like I'm put it this way.

If you're a lore fan, I actually think the DLC is pretty good.

If you're more of a companion/core team person...eh, not so much.

I'm both myself.

This discussion has been closed.