As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Doctor Who] Banksy And Steve Jobs, Together Again

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Zilla360 on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    haaaaaaaaahahahahhaa that ending

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    All right. I was incredibly skeptical of Williams being Clara. I am incredibly less skeptical now.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I might be way more interested in Lego Dimensions now. That trailer is excellent! Really looking forward to more Who.

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Is there a less expensive way to see season 8 and the special than buying it on Amazon? It's ~30 there, but I'd feel very silly buying it and then it popping onto netflix, hulu, or amazon prime shortly after.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Isn't it on Netflix? At least it lists Peter Capaldi.

Edit: Just checked, and it's all there - but that's checking from Switzerland. For all I know it's not on Netflix USA (yet).

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    If season 8 isn't up on Netflix yet, it will be when the new season airs.

Usually the last year of a show will come up shortly before or after the new season starts going.

Unless you're Archer and then you wait a year and a half.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    There's too much cool stuff in that trailer to process. So many alien worlds! So many monsters! So many good Doctor lines!

I like that his hoodie seems to be a permanent addition.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Can someone translate what that girl says at the end of the trailer? I cant make it out through the accent.

Something about old man. is that suppose to be Susan?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    "What took you so long, old man?"

I was thinking she's a babby Clara, but yeaaaah, she looks to be wearing a mashup of clothes from various eras... definitely the Rani.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

I was thinking she's a babby Clara, but yeaaaah, she looks to be wearing a mashup of clothes from various eras... definitely the Rani.

Or an Auton.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Doctor Who season 8 is up on the DVD side of netflix. Can't speak for streaming.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Richy wrote: »

Or an Auton.

I so know who this is. It is Susan.

It is either her or Jenny.

Clara is starting to get world weary. I love it.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    deleted

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Krathoon wrote: »

It is Susan. Confirmed.

I suspect Jenna stayed on to learn from Peter, Michele, and the crew. There are allot of grizzled veterans on there.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    https://youtu.be/lGlhxm8Bgus

I would love it if Susan made her own time travel device. She was last left on Earth during a Dalek invasion. She could have easily used some of their technology.

It always felt odd that he left her. They could easily work it in that it was a ruse so she could be on her own. She is his granddaughter after all.

Susan could very well be the new villain.

Remember in the mummy episode that the engineer mentioned that some drive parts were missing. The Doctor did not seem very concerned. Interesting....

Also, can TARDISes reproduce? They could easily set it up that she knicked some TARDIS tech.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    skeldare wrote: »

Yeah. That is starting to sell me on it. I'll just focus on the Who and BttF parts. It is a great lighthearted mashup.

Krathoon on
  • Options

Also, can TARDISes reproduce? They could easily set it up that she knicked some TARDIS tech.

Deleted scene, but yeah. When that half human Doctor 10.5 was created in Series 4, and they left him in the parallel universe as Rose's consolation prize? There was a scene filmed where the Doctor gave them a piece of TARDIS coral that would, eventually, grow into a whole new TARDIS for them. They removed it cause it kinda bloated the goodbye, but the idea is there.

Although Capaldi's TARDIS is much less biomechanical now. Can't exactly pluck off a girder and expect it to grow. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Eh..more Clara..

OMG MORE MISSY YES YES YES THOUSAND TIMES YES TAKE ALL MY MONEY MY HOME MY EVERYTHING.

Deleted scene, but yeah. When that half human Doctor 10.5 was created in Series 4, and they left him in the parallel universe as Rose's consolation prize? There was a scene filmed where the Doctor gave them a piece of TARDIS coral that would, eventually, grow into a whole new TARDIS for them. They removed it cause it kinda bloated the goodbye, but the idea is there.

Although Capaldi's TARDIS is much less biomechanical now. Can't exactly pluck off a girder and expect it to grow. :P

Captain Jack also had a chunk of Tardis Coral in Torchwood, on his desk.

doubt it survived..events however.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    meant to edit not double post.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular

Zygons at 00:55!

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/lGlhxm8Bgus

I would love it if Susan made her own time travel device. She was last left on Earth during a Dalek invasion. She could have easily used some of their technology.

It always felt odd that he left her. They could easily work it in that it was a ruse so she could be on her own. She is his granddaughter after all.

Susan could very well be the new villain.

Remember in the mummy episode that the engineer mentioned that some drive parts were missing. The Doctor did not seem very concerned. Interesting....

Well she did fall in love with the resistance leader. I remember the Doctor giving a speech at how she was a woman now and should go off on her own. The whole thing with her and that guy felt very odd considering they didn't really show them getting close at all. Just running from the Daleks together.

• Options
    Yeah. The whole granddaughter situation was pretty ham-fisted writing. I hope they take advantage of that.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Eh..more Clara..

OMG MORE MISSY YES YES YES THOUSAND TIMES YES TAKE ALL MY MONEY MY HOME MY EVERYTHING.

I am incredibly torn on Missy. On one hand it makes zero fucking sense why she's a thing in the first place considering where The Master last left off. Even ignoring that, she was pretty conclusively dealt with last season. On the other hand, Michelle Gomez is so much fun to watch that I aaaaallllmmoooosssst don't care. As long as the show doesn't get any dumber and we get a lot of Missy being absolutely batshit insane I'll be completely willing to meet it half way and treat each episode as a self-contained Looney Tunes short.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Missy needs to be more diabolical. She had more of a death wish in her debut.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Master always comes back, no matter how final his end appears. True in the old series, true in the new one.

• Options
    They never seem to really explain how he comes back either.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Bogart wrote: »
    The Master always comes back, no matter how final his end appears. True in the old series, true in the new one.

And that's fine, I just need a hand wave of some sort because I can forgive a lot, but gigantic story holes like this even I can't ignore. A sentence, a word, a two second scene, something. When he came back via what was basically a magic spell it was silly as fuck but at least there was some sort of vague reasoning there that would keep me from going "wait, what?"

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    I'm still salty about Missy 'dying' the way she did. It'd be so much easier to bring her back from the Doctor using her own device on her - makes sense that she'd have some safeguards in it, and it seemed to be her plan. To have CyberBrig intervene at the last second is just... blarg. We know she's gonna survive, why make it so seemingly final, y'know?

As to what she's doing alive - wild assumptions here, but we just had the storyline where the Doctor gets a new set of regenerations. Maybe (wild leap here) the Time Lord bald guy general found out about the Master stopping Rassilon, gave him some new lives as a reward for stopping the end of everything. He regenerates into Missy and then she escapes Gallifrey when they open the crack in the sky to save the Doctor. Hell, she's probably the one who did that. :P

Wasn't really time for a flashback anywhere in the Series 8 finale, but maybe we'll get it as part of the explanation for her surviving again in the new series? Bet John Simm would be down for a cameo. ;P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    The Master's death always appears final. He's died by refusing to regenerate, being disintegrated, running out of regenerations, etc. It has to seem final, even though we all know he/she is coming back anyway.

• Options
    Bet John Simm would be down for a cameo. ;P

Probably not. He's spoken about being annoyed by fans who still associate him with the role instead of any other.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    The whole conversion into a woman thing could be explained by the Master getting messed up during his ring resurrection. He probably got further messed up by that medical template machine as well.

It would be interesting if regenerating into a woman was the only way he could survive. Like he had to patch himself or something.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    That kind of thing is really just a detail to be logged as continuity footnote #15256789.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Bogart wrote: »
    The Master's death always appears final. He's died by refusing to regenerate, being disintegrated, running out of regenerations, etc. It has to seem final, even though we all know he/she is coming back anyway.
    Which makes anything involving The Master more pointless than a John Cena storyline. Oh well, Michelle Gomez is massively entertaining so at least we're getting more of her hilariously fun performance.
    Maybe (wild leap here) the Time Lord bald guy general found out about the Master stopping Rassilon, gave him some new lives as a reward for stopping the end of everything. He regenerates into Missy and then she escapes Gallifrey when they open the crack in the sky to save the Doctor. Hell, she's probably the one who did that. :P
    That would be pretty cool actually.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    There is a certain charm to the Master slipping out when they are trying to help the Doctor. I would like to see that be canon.

Also, the Master could have been the one that blew up the TARDIS. It was all a scheme to make a crack and get back to our universe.

• Options
    That fact that she's going to come back doesn't make anything involving her pointless.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping for some more consistent scriptwriting quality for the next series. Just have Jamie Mathieson writing for every episode.

• Options
    The first and last episodes aside last season was the most consistent I can remember Who being for ages.

• Options
    I recall some clunkers in the middle. The forest one was the weakest of the series, IMO. I wasn't a fan of Time Heist or Kill The Moon either. Everything else was great to awesome.

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.