Options

No..."wuv," with an Earth W!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Apparently Pam from the Office and Amanda Bynes are regulars at my Starbucks.

I'm pretty terrible with faces and names so I just have to take people's word for it when they tell me I just served them coffee.

That's California for ya, I guess.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Apparently Pam from the Office and Amanda Bynes are regulars at my Starbucks.

I'm pretty terrible with faces and names so I just have to take people's word for it when they tell me I just served them coffee.

That's California for ya, I guess.

That seems like a Venn Diagram that overlaps only at Starbucks

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Nah just kidding my girlfriend is pretty baller

But yeah, the cat loves to get up in my grill

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    One of these days I'm gonna stop being a complete emotional trainwreck and listen to my friends who all say I'm a cool, likeable, successful guy, and I'll get the confidence to not completely flub a relationship with my awkward dorkiness almost immediately.

One of these days.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    The other day I was at a coffee shop talking with some friends about stuff. Specifically we were talking about Shakespeare.

Then our young, attractive server comes over and overhears our conversation. I forget exactly what we were saying, but it prompted her to go "Oh, I would love it if a guy could recite sonnets to me."

It was the perfect segue. I have memorized some sonnets. I could totally do a cool thing here. Maybe even get her number?

But instead I clammed up and she went away.

This has been the most exciting thing to happen to me romantically for the past year.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The other day I was at a coffee shop talking with some friends about stuff. Specifically we were talking about Shakespeare.

Then our young, attractive server comes over and overhears our conversation. I forget exactly what we were saying, but it prompted her to go "Oh, I would love it if a guy could recite sonnets to me."

It was the perfect segue. I have memorized some sonnets. I could totally do a cool thing here. Maybe even get her number?

But instead I clammed up and she went away.

This has been the most exciting thing to happen to me romantically for the past year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TN2PETHK-w

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    So a person I've been dating for a bit over a month now asked me "hey wanna be my boyfriend?" the other day

And even though they live two hours away and I don't know what the long term holds for us, they're such a lovely human that I can't even worry

Plus I have two more casual lady friends on the side. Because the poly life is dabes

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    I have a cat as well! His name is Snickers and he is the greatest fuzzy wuzzy little pumpkin ever forever! :3

9r1wew.jpg
    v65avq.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I was about to get all depressed about being alone on valentines day.
    Then I remembered that nobody loves me the other 364 days of the year either, and I don't care then, so why is this one any different?

Just means cheap candy at all the stores on the 15th.

Edit: Love you too Geth.

see317 on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I don't have a girlfriend, never have, and probably won't anytime in the foreseeable future.

Whooo

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    My life has been a thousand times better since moving in with @Weaver, it's hard getting used to! I love making him amazing dinner, and kicking butt at work for him and being silly and snuggling and all kinds of things because he is the absolute bestest ever and I love him to bits! I pretty much just want to constantly snuggle with him forever.

It's also the first Valentine's Day I've had someone and also the chance to do something and I am excited!

If I could spend a very long time with @Weaver I'll be very happy. We've been together since May of 2013 and I moved in with him in May of 2014 in this little matchbox of an apartment.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I can't really come up with a typed response to that, so instead there were lots of hugs and kisses and happy tears!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    I got married in August and it's p cool. We're going to Japan in 5 weeks for our honeymoon.

On valentines day this year I'll be

at the dentist probably getting a filling.

Congratulations!

Where in Japan!

Question mark!

@sarukun my wife is in charge of the itinerary as she has been there a bunch of times. Lived there for a year in highschool, has a bunch of friends in different cities and can speak and read Japanese.

I know we're starting in Tokyo, but getting a rail pass and going to Takayama, Nagoya, Osaka, Nara and probably a few day trips here and there. Kyoto probably and wherever else we feel like.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My girlfriend and I are going to the gym, then cuddling up on the couch and watching shitty action movies over soup.

• Options
    We have baked cod with lime and cajun seasonings and steak fries and are looking for something to watch.

just awwwwwwwwww'ing all over the place

• Options
    Ya'll can keep posting. We're not that adorable.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    My girlfriend is travelling and visiting Europe for the first time, which is cool. I'm trying to think up of a bunch of places to take her when she gets back.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    This year is the first valentines day I actually have a girlfriend.

What could go wrong?

I'm assuming everything

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm thinking of getting a star named after my girlfriend.

That way the symbol of our love will burn forever!

Well, for a couple billion years at least.

Assuming it's visible to the naked eye.

And if it... isn't... already long dead...

Anyway the point is, for a measly 150 bucks astronomers and astrologers alike will be forced to refer to that star as Jenny from now on!

RT800 on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    That is a cool idea!

Working in floristry totally indoctrinated me into Valentine's Day, and if I were in a relationship I would be upset to not receive a card. One day I will!

It would be nice one day to be with someone again, but for now I am happy to be on my own and think it is best for me right now.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a star named after my girlfriend.

That way the symbol of our love will burn forever!

Well, for a couple billion years at least.

Assuming it's visible to the naked eye.

And if it... isn't... already long dead...

Anyway the point is, for a measly 150 bucks astronomers and astrologers alike will be forced to refer to that star as Jenny from now on!

Isn't this thing basically a scam and in no way official?

broken image link
  • Options
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    maii wiiiife and i are planning on moving to the denver/boulder area of CO to be nearer to some family in August or so, and to ideally be somewhere where owning a house is not too crazy a dream

also i've been writing some lil acoustic songs and convinced her to sing with me for them so that's been fun, having her be a part of me ol' music-making which i do so enjoy

hit me up when you get here! we can do some colorado things

like...drive subarus and wear shirts with the state flag

And hit up silent raves, and subsist entirely off kale smoothies and craft beer

I've actually been surviving solely on a steady diet of left hand nitro milk stout and kale chips since I moved here

I know these words but

• Options
    it's me, i am the romanticest

broken image link
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    That is a cool idea!

Working in floristry totally indoctrinated me into Valentine's Day, and if I were in a relationship I would be upset to not receive a card. One day I will!

It would be nice one day to be with someone again, but for now I am happy to be on my own and think it is best for me right now.

I feel similarly, although I haven't ever really dated anybody thus far. Basically, I think in theory, having a boyfriend could be fun, especially so on Valentine's day. But I am 100% happy with being single, and I am very much not in a good position to think about dating.

Maybe that will change after I'm done with classes and have a job. Although even then, it won't be something I actively seek out.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    This thread reminded me that valentine's day is a thing that is happening, soon

curse that day

all relationships are defined as card or no card on that day

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Cards are so dumb.

"Here's a thing for you to read and then throw away. It cost me seven dollars."

RT800 on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    what is love

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Xehalus wrote: »
    what is love

a serious psychological disorder

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    im almost at 6 months with my gf, its going really good!

secret scheduled a stained-glass course for us to do on the 28th :3 A bit unfortunate that they wont let us do it with just 2 people, so I invited a homie and then another couple.

AND SHES KNITTING ME A SWEATER SO I GUESS YOU COULD SAY ITS GETTING P SERIOUS

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    i mean she already knit me a hat and gloves but yknow, a sweater, holy shit

A SWEATER THAT SHES CUSTOMIZING TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I was talking to a grill on OKC over Xmas but we both kind of lost interest after a few messages

Didn't bother me much

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    what is love

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I was talking to a grill on OKC over Xmas but we both kind of lost interest after a few messages

Didn't bother me much

You're more of a smoker kind of guy anyways so don't worry about it. Best you lose interest in each other before you end up getting burned by that grill.

Chimera on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Do you love me?

Are you playing your love games with me?

Ever drink Bailey's from a shoe?

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I'm Ole Gregg!!!

• Options
    Have you seen me watercolors

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    As a Greg I've had to own the Ole Gregg skits for years

What really trips people up is when I start quoting the other three seasons worth of the Mighty Boosh, because I keep forgetting that only about five other people actually watched it

• Options
    Eels coming up inside yer

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Dang it I wanted a thread like this 4 months ago

Now it appears JUST when I'm breaking up with my girlfriend

This discussion has been closed.