As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Claimants to the [chat]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I assume everyone in england knows the royal family personally

I was working and Prince Harry texted me saying he was in town and we should go out but I was on a diet but he talked me into it and we had a cheeky Nandos.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    What if every time you pressed the button a random chatter either gained or lost 100 lbs, and you get before and after pictures?

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    What if every time you pressed the button a random chatter either gained or lost 100 lbs, and you get before and after pictures?

Starting to think you have an odd fixation on magic buttons.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    The big secret to anarchist is they are all optimist.

One cannot believe in that system unless you believe people can better than they are.

The underlying reality in their mind is people are innately caring about others.

It is kind of cute.

I daresay that strains of post-anarchism have more complex views of the human condition

I would say theoretical and academic anarchism and post-anarchism probably do.

I would not say popular anarchism, especially of the sort that paints anarchy symbols on vote Tory graffiti, do.

I dunno

there's certainly a british lay variety that holds that the communist stateless society advocates a more optimistic reformed individual than the selfish capitalist view of humanity and whatnot, but there's also green zero-growth "we'd be morally better off if industrial society collapsed so that most of us were dead or starving, I'd free the kid in Omelas" types floating about

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Advocacy of anarchy is usually predicated on the assumption that the advocate is going to be in the group that doesn't get butchered.

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

SaveTheWorldButton.jpg

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    there's worse these days with the PUAs running around

I once lurked in a blog where a serial commenter (apparently seriously) advocated that The Good Life entailed a stateless society where men could challenge other men to single combat for possession of their women, as some kind of savannahesque genetic apotheosis

I imagine the Gor books have picked up a whole new fanbase.

http://hradzka.livejournal.com/194753.html
    Well, that is a thing alright.

• Options
    Really, we already had anarchy. The result was capitalism.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Who would you rather have dinner with? Any Rand's dog walker, or Margaret Thatcher's hairdresser?

If it helps you the meal would be tapas

i have dinner with one of her policy writers every evening cannot recommend

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    22.jpg

Is this a star wars? she has a star wars helmet, and a star wars shine sword. yes definitely a star wars.

the helmet isn't very star wars

it's like a halfway of the bad star wars and the good star wars helmets

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Right?

I mean, I suspect proponents of anarchy nowadays are suggesting something like an "enlightened anarchy" or "intentional" anarchy or something of the sort.

But I have a hard time imagining an anarchist society that doesn't pretty quickly devolve to despotism or plutocracy

And I still prefer trying to reform our current plutocracy rather than endeavoring to establish a new one

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    How did Napoleon get the support of the French people and become emperor after the French mobs did the whole 'kill all emperors' thing less than a decade prior?

Napoleon did a lot for France. He was a staunch supporter of education and either reformed/opened a bunch of new schools while we was in power.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    I assume everyone in england knows the royal family personally

i do ok

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Not according to his wife...

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    What if there was a magic button that donated $100 of SKFM's money to legalizing marijuana in NYC? What would happen first - SKFM running out of money or marijuana being legalized?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I'm 27.5 today

This means I am 3/4 done with my 20s

Woe

poo
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Right?

I mean, I suspect proponents of anarchy nowadays are suggesting something like an "enlightened anarchy" or "intentional" anarchy or something of the sort.

But I have a hard time imagining an anarchist society that doesn't pretty quickly devolve to despotism or plutocracy

And I still prefer trying to reform our current plutocracy rather than endeavoring to establish a new one

An "enlightened" anarchy is just one that uses explosives, poison, and bio-weapons instead of rocks and sticks.

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    What if there was a magic button that donated $100 of SKFM's money to legalizing marijuana in NYC? What would happen first - SKFM running out of money or marijuana being legalized?

Probably the first thing

poo
  • Options

Probably the first thing

5020967+_eb988c7ff2ac237aea68a79f57dc1e8e.gif

• Options
    I'm 27.5 today

This means I am 3/4 done with my 20s

Woe

My 20s are four months dead.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

What if there was a button that made Vanguard's face and his butt switch places for 30 seconds?

• Options
    edited May 2015

What if there was a button that made Vanguard's face and his butt switch places for 30 seconds?

Today is opposite day SKFM my butt already switched places with my face! Pressing the button would just make it normal.

I'm rubber you're glue etc.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    god I am bored.

• Options
    also my erections at the fifa arrests are infinite

i hope they blow the whole thing up

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Not according to his wife...

Heeeeeyyyyyoooo

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    screen sharing with this dude in england and communicating via im because he doesn't have a phone and i don't have intranet access

this is disheartening

sig.gif
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Yes

Yessss

• Options

Id push it constantly

poo
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    What if you pushed a magic button and jet fuel could melt steel beams

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    But it can, Doug. It can.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Would we notice?
    <3 Vanguard

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options

How does this magic button work? Does vanguard rotate in place? Or does his face and but magically affix themselves to the corresponding places using a quantum tunnelling effect?

• Options
    Don't question the button

All glory to the button. The butt on.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    What if there was a magic button that would give you a million dollars every time you pressed it, but somebody died, and scientists took the button and studied it and proved that magic existed but no one got to press it because they broke it while doing experiments

• Options

How does this magic button work? Does vanguard rotate in place? Or does his face and but magically affix themselves to the corresponding places using a quantum tunnelling effect?

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

the better question would be are his face and his but the same size or will the excess butt to face surface area ratio cause massive bleeding when the switch occurs culminating in a gruesome death?

• Options

But what is the effect? The effect Vanguard?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Thanks a lot, scientists. @Shivahn @Arch

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot, scientists. @Shivahn @Arch

They're the worst!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    All these magic button questions just make me wonder:

Is there a second magic button to launder the money for you? Or are you just hoping no one comes to find out where you just got $100 million from?

This discussion has been closed.