As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Claimants to the [chat]

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    shryke wrote: »
    All these magic button questions just make me wonder:

Is there a second magic button to launder the money for you? Or are you just hoping no one comes to find out where you just got $100 million from?

i'm sorry there can only be one magic button

next time try asking a more realistic question

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i would like a button, magic or otherwise, that is fun to press

like, i was given a rubber ducky at work and its fun to play with while i'm sitting there upset about something

sig.gif
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Magic buttons actually did exist.
    Unfortunately for everyone else, my magic button's sole purpose was the annihilation of all other magical buttons.
    And thus when none were left, my magic button turned upon itself and nothing remains.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Which would be more difficult: shaving your butt every day, or learning to walk backwards?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    All the FIFA arrests are of South/Central Americans? I wonder how that's gonna play out.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Amanita_muscaria_(fly_agaric).JPG

magic buttons do exist

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    What if there was a magic button that donated $100 of SKFM's money to legalizing marijuana in NYC? What would happen first - SKFM running out of money or marijuana being legalized?

What if there was a button that made Vanguard's face and his butt switch places for 30 seconds?

How does this magic button work? Does vanguard rotate in place? Or does his face and but magically affix themselves to the corresponding places using a quantum tunnelling effect?

It's impossible to know how it works because his butt and his face already look identical.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Morning, all

I need some help with psych stuff re: depersonalization if anyone has any experience

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    What if there was a magic button that donated $100 of SKFM's money to legalizing marijuana in NYC? What would happen first - SKFM running out of money or marijuana being legalized?

What if there was a button that made Vanguard's face and his butt switch places for 30 seconds?

How does this magic button work? Does vanguard rotate in place? Or does his face and but magically affix themselves to the corresponding places using a quantum tunnelling effect?

It's impossible to know how it works because his butt and his face already look identical.

gasp

this is mean

you're mean

you're a mean old man like in that christmas carol

sig.gif
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    All the FIFA arrests are of South/Central Americans? I wonder how that's gonna play out.

Well, the current and previous heads of CONCACAF, too. From the corrupt-as-fuck Caribbean faction.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    What if everytime you pressed the button, it caused the effect from some random person's button hypothetical? Could be very risky.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

Dude in charge of the North American stuff as well, I think. One of the NA guys bugged meetings as part of a plea bargain deal to avoid jail for not paying his taxes.

• Options
    In 2010 Russia’s sports minister and Fifa executive Vitaly Mutko attacked the English press ahead of the vote for “portraying Russia as a hotbed of corruption”. Days later a Russian federal audit chamber report on spending at his ministry alleged he had claimed expenses for 97 breakfasts eaten during a 20-day trip to Vancouver.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    what if there was a magic button that tagged SKFM's house each time you pushed it

how long until it looked like this

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7200/6837752012_66c2c09e6c_b.jpg

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    What if they made a button that every time you pressed it, you got 1 dollar, but I got 2 dollars and something happened that made me ever happier.

• Options
    what if there was a magic button that tagged SKFM's house each time you pushed it

The worst part is it apparantly removes an entire story from the house. And you said graffiti wasn't harmful.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

wow that doesn't scream political at all

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Atomika wrote: »
    Morning, all

I need some help with psych stuff re: depersonalization if anyone has any experience

I am vaguely familiar with it, I feel that way rather often. Do you mean chronic depersonalization or just more episodic?

Neco on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Amanita_muscaria_(fly_agaric).JPG

magic buttons do exist
    That is poisonous

This is better.
    234px-Psilocybe.semilanceata.Alan.jpg

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Is there a second magic button to launder the money for you? Or are you just hoping no one comes to find out where you just got $100 million from?

So the answer to every magic button question is then "It doesn't really matter how much money I get because the IRS is just gonna take it all and throw my ass in prison".

• Options
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    also my erections at the fifa arrests are infinite

i hope they blow the whole thing up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

So the answer to every magic button question is then "It doesn't really matter how much money I get because the IRS is just gonna take it all and throw my ass in prison".
    Are you saying my cupcake bakery couldn't plausibly make 1 billion dollars over three years?

• Options

The worst part is it apparantly removes an entire story from the house. And you said graffiti wasn't harmful.

no this is the house you live after i've used the other button to donate all of your money to marijuana legalization

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Neco wrote: »
    Morning, all

I am vaguely familiar with it, I feel that way rather often. Do you chronic depersonalization or just more episodic?

googles

growing up when I would frequently feel like my...soul...had left my body and I had to stop and...remember...who I was. is that what this is? although it mostly went away in my 20s

(soul and remember are used as approximations cuz I can't think of better words to capture the experience)

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

No, because once you've got magic button money you can pay your flunkies in the media to manufacture a scandal that will make it nearly impossible for the IRS to do its job.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

It's not just those guys. North American guys are on the list as well. One NA guy ratted on everyone, so that's why he's not on the list.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

It's not just those guys. North American guys are on the list as well. One NA guy ratted on everyone, so that's why he's not on the list.

oh ok

• Options
    In April, at the annual meeting of Fifa’s North and Central American representatives, Osiris Guzman, president of Dominican Republic soccer, goes in another direction, comparing Blatter to Jesus Christ, Nelson Mandela, and Winston Churchill. “Why is he different from these other men?” demands Guzman, whom Fifa banned from soccer for 30 days in a 2011 vote-­buying scandal. For good measure, he adds Moses, Martin Luther King Jr., and Abraham Lincoln.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

the-departed-2006--18.jpg

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    why is my r14 carmine marker dead

someone needs to pay for this

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Morning, all

I am vaguely familiar with it, I feel that way rather often. Do you chronic depersonalization or just more episodic?

googles

growing up when I would frequently feel like my...soul...had left my body and I had to stop and...remember...who I was. is that what this is? although it mostly went away in my 20s

(soul and remember are used as approximations cuz I can't think of better words to capture the experience)

I think so? Im not an expert by any means, but I get like that when my anxiety levels get too high.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    In 2010 Russia’s sports minister and Fifa executive Vitaly Mutko attacked the English press ahead of the vote for “portraying Russia as a hotbed of corruption”. Days later a Russian federal audit chamber report on spending at his ministry alleged he had claimed expenses for 97 breakfasts eaten during a 20-day trip to Vancouver.

It's like you haven't heard of the All Day Breakfast

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

It's like you haven't heard of the All Day Breakfast

All Day Breakfasts for first breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, tea, and supper.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    $100 Million is "Fuck Off" levels of money. Drop it in the Caymans, retire to a non-extradition country.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    IrfanView's auto adjust is a miracle worker on low light photos

Bless your heart.
  • Options

no this is the house you live after i've used the other button to donate all of your money to marijuana legalization

Unfortunately for you, there was a button that turned all the marijuana into copies of atlas shrugged and I already pressed it.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    emnmnme wrote: »
    How did Napoleon get the support of the French people and become emperor after the French mobs did the whole 'kill all emperors' thing less than a decade prior?

Napoleon did a lot for France. He was a staunch supporter of education and either reformed/opened a bunch of new schools while we was in power.

The dude did a lot of good work in terms of social and infrastructure policy. Part of integrating Germania into the French Empire includes implementing sewage, garbage collection, abolition of serfdom, schooling, cemetary regulations to prevent disease spread, alleviating the oftentimes oppressive hand of the church (albeit in sometimes heavy handed ways, eg forced confiscation of all local church assets in many areas), introducing divorce, civil birth, death, and marriage registers, etc, etc.

His internal policy was by and large a great example of an enlightened despot. Unfortunately, he was willing to serve the people right up until it related to his old on power, in which case no measure was too harsh to ensure total control. He was a nice ruler, until the moment you doubted him.

"Support" overall is just heinously difficult to guage when all referendums were rigged, press censorship was in full swing, and the military had total loyalty. What few examples of opposition there were could just as easily be chalked up to foreign propaganda as genuine doubt, too.

Suriko on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    gu518nwxb9j8.jpg blurry as fuck low light photo
    0x0iapdcn83j.jpg

blurry ass photo looks like its high noon and you're still using your 2001 flip phone to take pictures

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Toot toot

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.