As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad "Food" Thread: We Talk About The Garbage We Put Inside Us

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    man my cup runneth over with bad food news today

That looks about 1000 times better than that other hotdog stuffed crust pizza.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    wow

that is

wow

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    That's basically a pizza with a side of pigs-in-a-blanket attached to it.

I approve.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Is that a free mustard drizzle!?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Finally got around to stopping by the Korean food truck, which is the only Korean food in town now that it exists, and is conveniently next to the student radio station I do a weekly show at.

$6 for a healthy amount of BBQ pork, salad, kimchi, and a fried egg on top of a heap of rice? Fuck. Yes.

I feel like I'm going to this place at least once a week when I get back.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    that pizza looks difficult to make

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    that pizza looks difficult to make

Guarantee you they get frozen dough with it already set up like that so the ground-level mooks in the kitchen don't have to dick about rolling up wieners

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    "Dicking about rolling up wieners" is the subtitle to my autobiography.

It could be snappier, I admit.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    No, no, I think it rolls off the tongue fairly well.

In other news I hate the "Korean"-Mexican fusion food truck here.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Goddammit, my grocery store has Snyder's of Hanover pretzel bites on sale.

I'm basically required to buy them when this happens. They are delicious.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Is cake bad food?

I'll be making one tonight for a bake sale tomorrow and I wanna post pics.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

One of the layers of my cake stuck to the pan and now I have a single layer cake and a bunch of crumbs.

Best way I can think of salvaging this is mixing the crumbs and making a lumpy frosting (so it's still technically 2-layers).

I also think this was the same pan that almost fucked over my last cake. Just a teeny-tiny bit got stuck but that was still salvageable, and it had to be ran through the dishwasher twice...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    EDIT: WOAH, that is way huge... I'll throw it in spoiler tags.
    qzr35obgseme.jpg

I have invented Cake Spackel!

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Decius wrote: »
    Goddammit, my grocery store has Snyder's of Hanover pretzel bites on sale.

I'm basically required to buy them when this happens. They are delicious.

I loved mixing the buttermilk ranch and honey mustard versions together. Granted, one is pretzel bits and the other is pieces, but its still damn tasty.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    You'd think it'd at least taste like caffeine free pepsi, which is pretty decent.

Caffeine free pepsi was my favorite kind as a kid. I always though it tasted a little different.

Do they even still make caffeine free pepsi anymore?

Caffeine is bitter, I dunno if there enough in soda to matter, so its possible.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Chi'lantro? I wanna say I've had their kimchi fries and liked it, granted I know nothing about Korean food and I imagine stuff piled on top of fries is a hard concept to get wrong.

Not authentic enough?

• Options
    The Korean-Mexican I got in Baltimore a couple summers back was the best burrito I've had in my life, so it probably just comes down to who's actually doing it right and who's just chasing the trend

Helps to be in an area with a healthy Korean population, I suppose - growing up in the DC area has spoiled me on Korean

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    EDIT: WOAH, that is way huge... I'll throw it in spoiler tags.
    qzr35obgseme.jpg

I have invented Cake Spackel!

Get a cookie scoop, roll those up, put a stick in and coat in chocolate. *boom* totally on purpose cake pops.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Chi'lantro? I wanna say I've had their kimchi fries and liked it, granted I know nothing about Korean food and I imagine stuff piled on top of fries is a hard concept to get wrong.

Not authentic enough?

As far as I can tell there's no actual kimchi in them.

I have had good kimchi fries and they are awesome.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I haven't but now I'm curious.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    My wife got some funnel cake fries from a food truck the other day. I'm pretty sure it should be simple enough to figure out how to make them at home so I've promised her I'd do just that.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am having fried alligator and frog legs with hush puppies for dinner

I have died and gone to heaven

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Man. Speaking of weird meats, is there anywhere to get good quail in Seattle? I miss quail.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    there's a specialty butcher shop in the u district that probably has it

university seafood and poultry, I think it's called

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    This alligator is fucking incredible

And they've got a house made cream gravy with it that is suuuuper good

This place is gonna be a favorite of mine

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Man. Speaking of weird meats, is there anywhere to get good quail in Seattle? I miss quail.

I don't know about Seattle, but I've found some at my local Albertson's and HEB before. It came in a box and I just grilled them right up.

Quail is fucking delicious.

• Options
    I've always wanted to raise quail

Button quail in particular are the cutest

• Options
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I've always wanted to raise quail

Button quail in particular are the cutest

And, potentially, the deliciousest

• Options
    quail eggs are good times

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait, why the hell is Pepsi making crystal Pepsi when it should be making a run of those crazy bottles from Back to the Future II. This is the year to do that you guys.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also Crystal Pepsi was okay.

I have an empty bottle I kept around here somewhere.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Not authentic enough?

As far as I can tell there's no actual kimchi in them.

I have had good kimchi fries and they are awesome.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally get a side of disappointment put on instead? But yeah that does seem a bit bullshit.

Have you found anyplace to get Korean food around here? I know Austin does have a bit of a Korean population as I've gotten lost in a neighborhood before after getting off the wrong bus stop and my sense of direction completely failing me.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I welcome any new caffeine free alternatives.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The only way I'm going to eat bugs is if they're processed beyond all recognition.

Like how I'll eat whole lobster only if there's not the option to have a lobster roll.

I don't claim to be rational, just give me my highly-processed bug bar with added flavour and let me be in whatever post-apocalyptic / cyberpunk world we've ended up in.

original-17309-1405448905-7.png

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Low-carb bacon-wrapped grilled cheese

18068323863_5d4db9996f_z.jpg

https://mylastbite.wordpress.com/2015/06/10/low-carb-bacon-grilled-cheese/

you're welcome

tynic on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    "See it doesn't have carbs, so that makes it healthy."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    I had lunch at Nando's yesterday.
    Was it cheeky?
    Nando's is rad

But is it cheeky?

Of course it was totes cheeky.

They were having mad bantz down nandos with the lads.

I do actually like Nandos. It's a good (not great) meal for the price.

Though people who say "NANDOS IS THE BEST THING EVER"......I would recommend they try more places.

• Options
    I think Nando's is pretty expensive and only ok. Oporto's is better value but maybe that's just an Australian chain?

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Cabezone wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    You'd think it'd at least taste like caffeine free pepsi, which is pretty decent.

Caffeine free pepsi was my favorite kind as a kid. I always though it tasted a little different.

Do they even still make caffeine free pepsi anymore?

Caffeine is bitter, I dunno if there enough in soda to matter, so its possible.

There is. I'm just... completely guessing here pretty much, but since many colas originated as patent medicines featuring coca leaf extract*, they probably had sugar added to them to make them taste less bitter. So removing the caffeine tends to make them sweeter.

*: Fun fact: Coca-Cola is the only company legally able to imported to import coca leaves into the United States, since coca leaves are the raw precursors to cocaine. Any traces of cocaine are removed during processing.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Crystal Pepsi reminds me of Pepsi Blue

aka the worst soda I have ever tasted

This discussion has been closed.