As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad "Food" Thread: We Talk About The Garbage We Put Inside Us

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    Dominos used to be complete shit but has gotten significantly better ever since their "we've improved" campaign a few years back. When it comes to cheap pizza, it's ahead of the pack.

Pizza Hut, on the other hand, remains the Burger King of pizza chains

• Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I don't know if I've ever had Pizza Hut pizza, but I like their pasta.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    I have atleast 7 local pizzarias I can order from, so we practically never order from one of the big chains, but when we do I'd rank Papa John's and Domino's (haven't ordered from them since well before their makeover) as 1A and 1B, Little Ceasar's is 3rd but not close, and Pizza Hut doesn't deserve to be ranked 4th out of 4.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    Dominos used to be complete shit but has gotten significantly better ever since their "we've improved" campaign a few years back. When it comes to cheap pizza, it's ahead of the pack.

Their new deep dish is pretty great.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular

Burger King made it so I can just drive 2 minutes to get a Cinnabon instead of having to drive 30 minutes into a crowded ass mall to get one so......

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Anybody ever had Jet's Pizza? Their 8 corner deep dish pizza is really good!

o.jpg

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Jet's is one of my favorite places.

a little expensive though.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    so much god damn hyperbole in this thread

THIS PARTICULAR CHAIN IS THE WORST EVER AND THEY ARE LITERALLY WAR CRIMINALS, AND THIS OTHER CHAIN ARE THE MOST AMAZING THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO THE HUMAN RACE AND I WANT TO HAVE ALL THEIR BABIES!! ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS WORSE THAN HITLER AND STALIN COMBINED!!!!

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

o.jpg

Oh god that looks amazing

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    that jets looks just like little caesar's dealie

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Jet's is okay.

Their deep dish is about the same as little caesar's.

Jet's has calzones, and they're pretty good.

Over all Jet's is decent, I don't hate them, but they're nothing special.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Dominoes has chocolate lava cakes that are god damn amazing.

There isn't a single dominoes near me anymore, kind of a bummer.

Luckily I like pizza hut and there's one in town, so all the delicious stuffed crust for meeeeeeeeeee

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have two non-franchise pizza places I can order from. $20 gets me a 16" pizza with 12 wings and a 2L of soda.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    There's a local italian place that honestly has the best pizza I've had in a while.

The only places I've had that were any better both went out of business, which is really damn sad but oh well.

e: actually if Papa John's put cheddar back on the menu I could pretty honestly be their customer for life. Especially if they start selling calzones.

Tox on
  • Options

o.jpg

ITS THE MOST AMAZING THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO THE HUMAN RACE
    It's quite good.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular

o.jpg

It's quite good.

isn't 8 corners just 2 pizzas? not saying that's a bad thing, but seems an odd way to describe it.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited June 2015

o.jpg

It's quite good.

You can also "Flavorize your crust" if you don't get deep dish.
    8g4ixneg909o.jpg

Tox on
  • Options
    Foomy wrote: »

o.jpg

It's quite good.

isn't 8 corners just 2 pizzas? not saying that's a bad thing, but seems an odd way to describe it.

It is literally two pizzas placed together. But, that way, each piece has two crunchy edges.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Is Turbo crust the speed at which you have to hit the bathroom?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I've been spending too much money on work lunches lately, so I grabbed a few microwave dinners from the grocery store.

The one I ate today was fettucine alfredo. It tasted ok, if a little boring, and much better when I stirred in some ketchup. All-together not bad for $2.50. Now my tummy is doing backflips, though.

• Options
    I used to take the "healthy" frozen entrees (lean cuisine, healthy choice, smart ones) for work lunch all the time. I felt that it was pretty universal that the non-breaded chicken was always too sketchy to attempt. I choked down way too much gray "meat" before giving up on it entirely. The breaded chicken and the beef options were usually safe. It was also a universal fact that every single one of them is criminally under-seasoned, so some salt and pepper makes a world of difference.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I've been spending too much money on work lunches lately, so I grabbed a few microwave dinners from the grocery store.

The one I ate today was fettucine alfredo. It tasted ok, if a little boring, and much better when I stirred in some ketchup. All-together not bad for $2.50. Now my tummy is doing backflips, though.

well you put ketchup on alfredo, did you expect the universe to reward you?

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    it tasted way better when I did, though

• Options
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    I used to take the "healthy" frozen entrees (lean cuisine, healthy choice, smart ones) for work lunch all the time. I felt that it was pretty universal that the non-breaded chicken was always too sketchy to attempt. I choked down way too much gray "meat" before giving up on it entirely. The breaded chicken and the beef options were usually safe. It was also a universal fact that every single one of them is criminally under-seasoned, so some salt and pepper makes a world of difference.

I'll be in the cold hard ground before I willingly microwave breaded meat

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Try Tyson's Southern Chicken Breast. Its actually got a nicely spicy breading. However I would bake it not microwave.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

o.jpg

It's quite good.

You can also "Flavorize your crust" if you don't get deep dish.
    8g4ixneg909o.jpg

See if you want flavored crust then you should be going to Hungry Howie's.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Speaking of calzones, I prefer mine to be basically a pizza folded in half. I don't really like the ones that are fully sealed pockets.

• Options

But you'll microwave unbreaded mystery "meat"?

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Tried a new burger place tonight. I had a burger with lettuce, fresh chilli, spiced yoghurt and black beans. Mrs. Rhesus had a "topsy turvy" burger - Iberico ham patty with beef bacon.

Sides were curried chips and battered onion lumps.

Pretty damn tasty.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    All this ridonk pizza talk. Meanwhile, I could go for a fucking pizza blanca right now.

Also, was I the only guy who liked McDonald's short-lived pizza option?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    McDonald's had pizza?

I mean McPizza?

Maximum on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    McDonald's had pizza?

I mean McPizza?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONSWw4aBBLg

• Options
    All this ridonk pizza talk. Meanwhile, I could go for a fucking pizza blanca right now.

No. No you were not. My family would split a McDonald's pizza and a 20 piece McNuggets.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015

But you'll microwave unbreaded mystery "meat"?

I don't really follow your thought process here that unbreaded meat is surely made from compressed saw dust while breaded meat is all prime rib and tenderloin

but yes I will, because microwaving breading turns it soggy and stodgy instead of crispy and buttery which is the whole point of breading

Like seriously, when you put scare quotes around meat like that, what are you imagining is the alternative?

#pipe on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular

No. No you were not. My family would split a McDonald's pizza and a 20 piece McNuggets.

Split? Damn, I could eat all that by myself right now. :(

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

Don't you slam burger King like that

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    builderr0r wrote: »
    I don't know if I've ever had Pizza Hut pizza, but I like their pasta.
    I like Dominos' pasta.

I usually get sausage, spinach, and provolone.

It's really tasty.

mcp on
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Alright so

I love cold food

Like, Pizza, Chinese, Italian. The colder, the better.

And Pizza Hut is the best pizza after a night in the fridge. Not that any cold pizza would be bad, mind, just that Pizza Hut's cheese is so fatty and oily that when it congeals

umnomnomnomnomnom

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Don't you slam burger King like that

You come at the King, you best not miss.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Alright so

I love cold food

Like, Pizza, Chinese, Italian. The colder, the better.

And Pizza Hut is the best pizza after a night in the fridge. Not that any cold pizza would be bad, mind, just that Pizza Hut's cheese is so fatty and oily that when it congeals

umnomnomnomnomnom

*discreetly swallows vomit*

This discussion has been closed.