As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad "Food" Thread: We Talk About The Garbage We Put Inside Us

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    balerbower on
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    There's a Jet's pizza up by my workplace. I haven't yet tried it, but maybe I'll grab a pizza on my way home tomorrow.

jgeis on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Anyone tried Pie Five Pizza Co.?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    The problem is that Pizza Hut's cheese has already congealed and been reheated the first time it lands on your table.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    wienerschnitzel-five-new-chili-dogs.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Wienerschnitzel upsets me

here is a chain who's name mentions, in the most direct way, schnitzel

yet schnitzel is no where on their menu

Wiener or otherwise

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    A burger, fries and presumably large soda since larges are .99 cents at McDs for 4 dollars is a really good price point

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    But do you get a toy?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    how is anything over 500 calories mini

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    This is an American McDonald's, tynic.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular

triple cheese double bacon - quadruple bypass.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    tynic wrote: »

Seriously! 800 calories is an honest-to-goodness meal!

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I guess calling them 'actually reasonably sized meals, especially in comparison to our typical meals' doesn't quite roll off the tongue

• Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I wish there was a Wienerschnitzel around here. I want that Triple Cheese Double Bacon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    All this ridonk pizza talk. Meanwhile, I could go for a fucking pizza blanca right now.

Also, was I the only guy who liked McDonald's short-lived pizza option?

No. No you were not. My family would split a McDonald's pizza and a 20 piece McNuggets.

Split? Damn, I could eat all that by myself right now. :(

The eating prowess of Golden Age Mego Thor was not as considerable as it is now.

Also, we did not invite Volstagg.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

MURIKA

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

Well, it's less than 5,000...

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    I wish there was a Wienerschnitzel around here. I want that Triple Cheese Double Bacon.

They have surprisingly good bacon. If haven't had that one but I've had their street dog and bacon breakfast biscuit.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    Dominos used to be complete shit but has gotten significantly better ever since their "we've improved" campaign a few years back. When it comes to cheap pizza, it's ahead of the pack.

Pizza Hut, on the other hand, remains the Burger King of pizza chains

Don't you slam burger King like that

You ready for some hyperbole, son

Burger King

*deep breath*

is not very good

(but I like their chicken fries)

I know, that went a little overboard, but try to realize that it's just my ridiculous opinion and that I was going kind of over-the-top with it

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »

Pretzel dogs or bust

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Eh, burger king is okay. They're not good for how expensive they can be, but if they were fresh burgers they'd be pretty legit.

Tox on
  • Options
    I have many, many alternatives to BK around here that can make a fresher, better burger for a comparable price, so there's just no reason for me to ever go there.

Except when I get a hankering for chicken fries. With zesty sauce. Which does happen.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    There's nowhere else for this.

Friends, this morning my new boss brought in breakfast tacos

And I opened mine up

And there was a Surprise Hot Dog inside.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I can't trust anything in this state to be hot dog-free.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options

And I opened mine up

Was it a breakfast hot dog, at least?

BreakfastHotDogs2.jpg

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Welp I found my soulmate guys:

https://youtu.be/I6HmlvQx64A

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm getting chicken fries!

• Options
    Falx wrote: »
    Welp I found my soulmate guys:

https://youtu.be/I6HmlvQx64A

What an adorable glutton!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015

OH MY GOD AM I GLAD I HAVE WEINERSCHNITZELS IN MY TOWN

A BUFFALO chili dog?
    Shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    I used to take the "healthy" frozen entrees (lean cuisine, healthy choice, smart ones) for work lunch all the time. I felt that it was pretty universal that the non-breaded chicken was always too sketchy to attempt. I choked down way too much gray "meat" before giving up on it entirely. The breaded chicken and the beef options were usually safe. It was also a universal fact that every single one of them is criminally under-seasoned, so some salt and pepper makes a world of difference.

I'll be in the cold hard ground before I willingly microwave breaded meat

But you'll microwave unbreaded mystery "meat"?

I don't really follow your thought process here that unbreaded meat is surely made from compressed saw dust while breaded meat is all prime rib and tenderloin

but yes I will, because microwaving breading turns it soggy and stodgy instead of crispy and buttery which is the whole point of breading

Like seriously, when you put scare quotes around meat like that, what are you imagining is the alternative?

What I'm saying is that the non-breaded chicken is very often unrecognizable as chicken. Even fake chicken. It has a weird graying color, has a totally different texture, and made me gag every time I accidentally took a bite of one of these disgusting little surprises. Most of the non-breaded chicken is perfectly recognizable as chicken and is perfectly edible. But for me it wasn't worth the risk.

On the other hand, the breaded chicken, like the Lean Cuisine Sesame Chicken or one of the Chicken Parmesan offerings, were always 100% edible white meat. It wasn't good chicken, but at least it wasn't gelatinous.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

And I opened mine up

Unannounced Meats strikes again!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Just ate a Grilled Stuft Nacho. Probably my new favorite Taco Bell item.

• Options
    I could go for a Taco Bell chicken quesadilla, with about a dozen packets of fire sauce.

kyrcl.png
  • Options

And I opened mine up

Was it a breakfast hot dog, at least?

BreakfastHotDogs2.jpg

Yeah I think so. I didn't eat it so I can't say for sure.

Also can we discuss that the person eating that breakfast hot dog is failing and should feel bad.

SQUEEZE THE BUN SO THE YOLK RUNS YOU FOOL.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options

Yeah it's pretty good although mine was remarkable flat. Like, it didn't seem like there was nearly enough 'stuft' in it.

• Options
    On second glance is there... is there like... gravy on that?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

Yeah it's pretty good although mine was remarkable flat. Like, it didn't seem like there was nearly enough 'stuft' in it.

I think my favorite thing from Taco Bell is probably the sriracha thing. It's not particularly spice as I was hoping it would be, but it is pretty damn tasty.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.