As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    The kinda stuff amiibo unlocks is on par with the DLC you get for pre-ordering a game through a specific retailer. Basically nothing worth actually paying for.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I'd enjoy a sandbox game or an action RPG that uses amiibos but I'm honestly content with what amiibos do right now. I'm buying them for the figures; anything else is a bonus.

• Options
    PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    Pink and Blue Yoshi are up at Wal-Mart.com They look like they would make good baby shower gifts.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well have they said anything more about Amiibo Party?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Odd the got ZSS and Olimar at work
    I got ZSS but should I also get Olimar?

So my brother asked me to get Olimar for various reasons since I got DR Mario just because
    I walk over to the display and they had Gannon
    Well worth checking to see if Olimar was still in stock

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    These went up last night. Blue is already sold out:

I am going to wait until someone "not Walmart" gets them though.

Edit: Oh, Pink sold out too. Nevermind then!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    I see the loaded Infinity shelf and the bone empty amiibo shelf and wonder how much money Nintendo is losing by continually underestimating demand.

that was true for the first few waves of amiibo, but most people who actually want them have had zero problem getting the last couple waves. Aside from the BS of retailer exclusives getting everything ordered has been no hassle at all.

If by "most people" you mean "I", then sure. I haven't seen a new amiibo in the wild since Bowser and I haven't been able to catch anything off Amazon, since I refuse to buy second-hand.

No, I think you can read back through this thread, especially last weekend, and see that pretty much no one had any trouble at all getting the wave that hit last friday.

Yeah, see, the thing is, having enough so that you sell out on the first day with less people annoyed that they didn't get any than the last time isn't that much of an improvement and it's still bad. Here we are, not even a week since the last few figures came out, you look around at Target's website, Toys 'R Us's website, it's out of stock. You look on Amazon and the only way to get one is to pay twice the MSRP+shipping. You go to stores on any day that isn't release day, and you see empty pegs next to Mario, Peach, Luigi and Pikachu.

Supplies are still bad. It's less bad than it was, but that does not inherently make it good.

I walked into a TRU for unrelated reasons yesterday and they had all of the new wave except for the classic mario on shelves. I again think you're underestimating supply level of the current wave released a week ago.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Well have they said anything more about Amiibo Party?

If they made amiibo party like regular mario party I would've been hooked so hard.
    But no, they had to put a 10 turn restriction on something that had potential.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    These went up last night. Blue is already sold out:

I am going to wait until someone "not Walmart" gets them though.

Edit: Oh, Pink sold out too. Nevermind then!

Well My hell known to men pulled it's head out of it's ass and is stocking the amiibos so there is hope

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    You can buy a ton of Amiibo on Wal-mart's online store they just don't stock in store

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    You can buy a ton of Amiibo on Wal-mart's online store they just don't stock in store

That's two different things
    The online store and the stores have different warehouse systems

• Options

That's two different things
    The online store and the stores have different warehouse systems

But....the point remains that you can buy them.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    Managed to get 8-Bit Mario and Olimar from GameStop's website just now. Use the code "saver" for free value shipping.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Managed to get 8-Bit Mario and Olimar from GameStop's website just now. Use the code "saver" for free value shipping.

Nice, looks like the site final let me order. Though that code is only for orders of more than $25.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Nice, looks like the site final let me order. Though that code is only for orders of more than $25.

Right sorry I should have mentioned that, if there are two amiibo you want it's a great way to save shipping.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I'm currently feeling pretty anti amiibo, so now would be a great time for Nintendo to announce more so I don't buy them on principle.

...my amiibo shelf is too full.

• Options
    McFlynn wrote: »
    I'm currently feeling pretty anti amiibo, so now would be a great time for Nintendo to announce more so I don't buy them on principle.

...my amiibo shelf is too full.

that is why they invented more shelves.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I didn't know that Mario Maker distinguished between Link and Toon Link. I put down Toon Link expecting the classic NES sprite to pop up.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    The kinda stuff amiibo unlocks is on par with the DLC you get for pre-ordering a game through a specific retailer. Basically nothing worth actually paying for.

Shovel Knight amiibo is going to unlock Co-op Play. Sounds like a pretty big feature to me.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Shovel Knight amiibo is going to unlock Co-op Play. Sounds like a pretty big feature to me.

Which, cynically speaking, is just another way of saying "Co-op DLC: $15". A lot of people would rightfully scoff at that price point. Tying it to a plastic figure doesn't entirely make it square.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Guys, @amiiboalerts and @amiibonews are GREAT for amiibo hunters. They're on the ball about posting when things go up on stores and when things go back in stock. Gamestop and Toys R Us seem to be getting older stuff in on a monthly basis, of not more.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Which, cynically speaking, is just another way of saying "Co-op DLC: $15". A lot of people would rightfully scoff at that price point. Tying it to a plastic figure doesn't entirely make it square.

Yeah, but in x months, you can use it for the next Nintendo thing. It's an interesting space where amiibos are kind of like universal DLC. So I guess the $$ to content ratio is always getting better.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I personally love the amiibos just because I like having a licensed official figure for Ness and other obscure Nintendo characters. The usage is personally just icing for me.

With that said, I'm not sure if I'd want a full amiibo type game where they lock out entire sections because you can't get Marth or Lucina....basically I don't think the Skylanders method would be preferred when most people can't get ahold of a large portion of the amiibo. You hear about restocks, but around my area, they never seem to happen. Today I went to see if I could snag a Bowser Jr. from Toys r Us, and low and behold, not one in sight. I know it's days later, but I've been reading that there are still Bowser Jrs everywhere, but nothing in my area but Mario figures.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

(Not that I would trust Walmart - I hear a ton of ppl had their wave 5b orders cancelled)

• Options
    I have a few games I want to unload because I'll never play them.

Maybe I'll take them down to Gamestop and preorder the amiibo Chibi-Robo bundle. The game looks fun and I must have that amiibo.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
  • Options
    Fortunately I am not a huge Animal Crossing fanatic, so I'll be skipping those amiibo. I just want K.K. and Tom Nook.

None of the rest I care about. I don't want to have to buy a three pack for K.K. so either I'll find him on ebay or not get him. I'm ok skipping him if I have to.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Are they really making a super-huge yarn yoshi amiibo? Because I want that in the worst way.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Are they really making a super-huge yarn yoshi amiibo? Because I want that in the worst way.

They are. To give you an idea of size: the NFC contact point that is at the bottom of all current amiibo......is in one of the feet of giant yarn yoshi.

• Options
    I want it too, but there is no way I can justify the cost just for a giant plush Yoshi.

Unless Best Buy gets it..but then apparently Best Buy has decided not to carry any bundles, collectors editions, or amiibo ever. They have become so terrible. :(

I really want to buy the XCX Collectors Edition from them. :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Damnit, stupid gamestop website is doing the 'please wait' on the payment screen.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Finally placed my order. FYI, while individually Gamestop is out of the 30th Mario, they have a bundle of all 4 of the latest wave for sale. I'll have a dupe ZSS but this saves me time and is a bit cheaper (it was like 51 bucks for 4 of them).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3lgnwh/chibirobo_bundle_live_on_amazoncom_now/
    Hey /u/AmazonJosh, any word on Yoshi Woolly World Bundles, Yarn Yoshi, Animal Crossing cards or figures, and Shovel Knight?

[–]AmazonJosh 10 points an hour ago
    Stay tuned. Like... very tuned. As tuned as you can be. One might call it "ludicrously tuned."
    Edit: Only stay ludicrously tuned for The Wooly World bundle. I don't have any info on the others yet.

Sounds like it's going up today. Would rather get from Best Buy but I'll lock an Amazon order in just in case

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3lgnwh/chibirobo_bundle_live_on_amazoncom_now/
    Hey /u/AmazonJosh, any word on Yoshi Woolly World Bundles, Yarn Yoshi, Animal Crossing cards or figures, and Shovel Knight?

[–]AmazonJosh 10 points an hour ago
    Stay tuned. Like... very tuned. As tuned as you can be. One might call it "ludicrously tuned."
    Edit: Only stay ludicrously tuned for The Wooly World bundle. I don't have any info on the others yet.

Ok that answers nothing

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Shit, too late.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    No word on blue or pink yoshis?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Shit, too late.

To post about it or get it? Cuz it's still up.

And nope, the yarn yoshis went up on Walmart but that's it. I believe someone saw them in Target's system too.