Options

Not a Dream! Not a Hoax! Not an Imaginary [Superhero Thread]!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I'm the guy who doesn't really care for Platinum games at all and would much prefer a company like Rocksteady to (appropriately) make a TMNT game.

Ceno on
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Is The Pulse worth checking out?
    I read through all of Alias a long ways back but never The Pulse. With the netflix show I've seen that getting brought up a lot as sort of the next chunk of that character's run in the comics.

It was alright. Not as good as the Alias series, but for what it was, not terrible.

The highlight of The Pulse is Luke Cage's confrontation with Norman Osborn.

Fakefaux on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Good lord; Platinum is like making every other game now.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Is it weird that the article does not actually mention at what level the game was rated and instead you have to go to the source to see the rating?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I totally forgot Jessica Jones was even a thing

is it any good?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It's really good and gets incredibly real about some serious and dark stuff.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

is it any good?

I feel like whats good for most comic fans and whats good for you will cary wildly

So yes for me, for you maybe????

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Is it weird that the article does not actually mention at what level the game was rated and instead you have to go to the source to see the rating?

Not really, since the story seems to be more "hey this previously unannounced game exists"

• Options
    The first episode sets the tone of the show pretty well, so I'd say check it out and if you like it, keep going.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited December 2015

is it any good?

I feel like whats good for most comic fans and whats good for you will cary wildly

I haven't read any comics in months and am unlikely to do so again in the forseeable future so I dunno if I'd even call myself a comic fan any more

I enjoyed Daredevil though? So if it is more like that?

Solar on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular

is it any good?

I haven't read any comics in months and am unlikely to do so again in the forseeable future so I dunno if I'd even call myself a comic fan any more

That's not how it works.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

is it any good?

It's a lot less action-y than Daredevil. Think of it as a detective psychological thriller.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

is it any good?

It keeps much the same tone as Daredevil. Maybe a bit darker

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Well I do like detective psychological thriller. I am not sure how much I care about Jessica Jones herself but then that could be entire due to never caring for her as a character in the books and I thought that they did a great job with making Matt really interesting, so I can see myself being into this version if you get my meaning. Does she have powers? I mean, I guess she would have but you never know.

Solar on
  • Options
    OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Well I do like detective psychological thriller. I am not sure how much I care about Jessica Jones herself but then that could be entire due to never caring for her as a character in the books and I thought that they did a great job with making Matt really interesting, so I can see myself being into this version if you get my meaning. Does she have powers? I mean, I guess she would have but you never know.

She has powers, but they aren't...vital to the story, really

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

She has super-strength, can leap small buildings in a single bound, an invulnerable liver, and laser-eyes
    The last one is a lie

Joolander on
  • Options

Ah

bit of a shame, that, but oh well

• Options

Just superstrength, really.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm literally trying not to cry

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

Ah

bit of a shame, that, but oh well

I mean, they play a part, but they're more important in how it impacts her relationships with...about three characters, I think. Luke Cage shows up, too. I might be underselling it, I think

• Options
    I'm literally trying not to cry

The level of joy this is bringing you makes me happier than the game possibly could.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

• Options

Hmmm...

• Options
    Oh actually no I read Judge Dredd vs Alien vs Predator recently and that was very cool

Came out in a nice hardback not long ago, you guys should check it out

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    JJ must be really hard to watch if you're a locksmith.

Just the hassle of installing and rekeying new locks this year and I was cringing every time her hand touched a doorknob.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Krysten Ritter's performance is so fucking good and perfect. Even if you don't care for Jessica in the comics I'd say check it out.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I haven'r collected comics regularly in years, and I still consider myself a comics fan. Mostly I watch the movies and tv shows now. I just don't have the money for the comics.

That said, I don't know much about Jessica Jones. But I absolutely loved the show. I love the hard-boiled detective bit, and throw in superpowers, even if they aren't used that much.

Still... Patsy Walker! I can only hope she becomes what she is destined to become!!!

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

It will be rated T... for Turtle

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6as8ahAr1Uc

hopefully this is some kind of nightmare sequence or something because if not, eugh

• Options
    >:(

• Options
    (my Superman impression)

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6as8ahAr1Uc

hopefully this is some kind of nightmare sequence or something because if not, eugh

hahahahahahahaha, * deep breath* Ahahahahhahahahahha

seriously holy shit, that looks sooooo ridiculous and stupid on basically every level possible.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I'm glad someone got to film their 13-year old fanfiction

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I'm glad someone got to film their 13-year old fanfiction

Zack Snyder also filmed his 13-year old original fiction, Sucker Punch

He's really living his 13-year old dreams

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I'm glad someone got to film their slash fiction

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'm going to assume Superman's being controlled by Luthor or something. I mean, Snyder and Goyer clearly don't know what they're doing, but they can't actually be that clueless, right?

Right?

BionicPenguin on
This discussion has been closed.