Options

Not a Dream! Not a Hoax! Not an Imaginary [Superhero Thread]!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    hepybIc.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    That smells like a live-action Superdickery cover to me.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    that clip does have one bright spot

bill finger finally getting credit he deserves

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6as8ahAr1Uc

hopefully this is some kind of nightmare sequence or something because if not, eugh

God, that thumbnail just about sums it all up.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I can see that being a dark possible future or something

But it really says something when the first official footage from Civil War goes out of its way to stress that the heroes don't want to fight each other and are not happy about having to meanwhile BvS is on its second or third trailer and they are still painting a portrait of Superman and Batman wanting to fuckin kill each other

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I can see that being a dark possible future or something

But it really says something when the first official footage from Civil War goes out of its way to stress that the heroes don't want to fight each other and are not happy about having to meanwhile BvS is on its second or third trailer and they are still painting a portrait of Superman and Batman wanting to fuckin kill each other and isn't that totally awesome, bro?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    If this ends with a reboot, that will honestly be superhilarious.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    superman's face looks like clark kent trying his hardest to look as evil as possible

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I can't get over the fact that Batman is wearing Midnighter's coat.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I'm just going to pretend that clip was intentionally misleading and Superman is actually rescuing Batman.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    oh god what if that tmnt game is new movieverse. Monkey's Paw!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Furu wrote: »
    oh god what if that tmnt game is new movieverse. Monkey's Paw!

I mean

that wouldn't really change the game that much

the turtles themselves are like the one thing they got right

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Yeah but I rather it be a version of that universe I like, you know?

so basically any other version

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6as8ahAr1Uc

hopefully this is some kind of nightmare sequence or something because if not, eugh

On the plus side, there is slightly more color?

Like the red things pop more

• Options
    Furu wrote: »
    Yeah but I rather it be a version of that universe I like, you know?

so basically any other version

i feel like the mutant emphasis in the title likely means it's tying into the current show, if not it's own continuity

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Marvel's done some really good stories with realistic and relatable damaged heroes, particularly in the Netflix space. Ms. Marvel really needs to be a hero first and foremost. Like, don't get me wrong, she should definitely be a complex character, but if the focus is, yet again, on her issues over general heroics, well, that lends some major ammo to the whole "MCU has problems with female characters" argument.
    In her defense, she is referencing stories from Carol's history, namely her alcohol abuse and her memory loss, but seems to think they are what define her and make her a damaged hero when in reality they're just dark patches on an otherwise pretty sterling, heroic career

All of that had to do with the really bad stuff from the event that most fans, and not fans, won't even talk about. It's not a great defense, it's like deciding that communist puncher Cap was the defining Captain America.
    Well I mean that dude isn't Steve Rogers so it isn't really the same thing but I get your point

Well, Cap DID punch the HELL out of some commies in the 60s. It was one of the initial admission requirements for the Avengers, really. You had to punch commies right in their dirty fucking commie faces.

Also, if they said they'd decided that communism sucked, you had to offer them a good job with a solid 401(k) and shake their hand.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I bit on Marvel's black friday/cyber monday sale on Marvel Unlimited. Seems like a safe bet I can get a decent amount of value out of that for a year of commute reading. I just need to remember to switch out which issues I have loaded up when I have access to the wifi at home or at work. I've read a good amount of Marvel over the years but there's certainly some stuff I just never explored.
    Going to start off with something short like the Uncanny Avengers stuff, but I think I'm going to do a deep dive on Captain America. I only caught a bit of the late 80s run with the Watch Dogs and Walker but I liked that stuff.
    Just need to pick a prime starting point.

@akajaybay the place to go is Brubaker's first series, Captain America (2004-2011).

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I bit on Marvel's black friday/cyber monday sale on Marvel Unlimited. Seems like a safe bet I can get a decent amount of value out of that for a year of commute reading. I just need to remember to switch out which issues I have loaded up when I have access to the wifi at home or at work. I've read a good amount of Marvel over the years but there's certainly some stuff I just never explored.
    Going to start off with something short like the Uncanny Avengers stuff, but I think I'm going to do a deep dive on Captain America. I only caught a bit of the late 80s run with the Watch Dogs and Walker but I liked that stuff.
    Just need to pick a prime starting point.

@akajaybay the place to go is Brubaker's first series, Captain America (2004-2011).

And after that it's time to plunge neck-deep into Mark Gruenwald's run, one of the longest and most defining runs in the character's history.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Jessica Jones
    tumblr_nybyu1R4ZZ1rx5px6o1_1280.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Yeah I have to assume that Luthor has some hold over Superman or it's Bizarro or something like that

Otherwise Man of Steel is shaping up to be bright spot in the DC cinematic whosits and that's... something

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    BvS spoilers
    Apparently a toyline has the goggles Bats under the name "Knightmare Batman", which means it could be a dream sequence of some kind.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    BvS spoilers
    Apparently a toyline has the goggles Bats under the name "Knightmare Batman", which means it could be a dream sequence of some kind.
    that makes sense considering there's a scene in the last trailer of batman wearing that outfit outright snapping one of the superman soldier's necks

unless snyder has just gone entirely off the deep end

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Since Snyder is a pretty good visual director, I would actually be interested
    in a Arkham Asylum fear toxin type hallucination/nightmare sequence done by him.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    There's no way that is Superman, not even Man of Steel Superman.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I mean, Snyder and Goyer clearly don't know what they're doing, but they can't actually be that clueless, right?

Right?

Your Honor, may I present Exhibit A, Man of Steel?

Prosecution rests.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    If you told me ten years ago that I would be exponentially, unequivocally more excited for a Captain America movie than a Batman/Superman team up movie, I would've thought you were the crazy mayor of Crazytown.

How things turn...

Ceno on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i love everything about that clip

god i can't wait to see how absurd batman v superman ends up

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Yeah. If you're gunna go bad. Go whole god dang hog.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I've been trying not to shit on my coworker's genuine excitement for BvS, but I'm pretty sure the only two statements I could make as a result was "Ben Affleck looks better than I thought he would!" and "Yeah they sure are making a movie"

... Gotta prepare a third line for tomorrow, it seems

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Part of me was hoping that Superman was going to heat-vision the cowl at the end. Just go all-in with the grim-dark.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    barf

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Eugh

This grosses me out on like 5 different levels

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I've been trying not to shit on my coworker's genuine excitement for BvS, but I'm pretty sure the only two statements I could make as a result was "Ben Affleck looks better than I thought he would!" and "Yeah they sure are making a movie"

... Gotta prepare a third line for tomorrow, it seems

"You know, a lot of people are working on that movie. I'm sure some of them are having a very good time."

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hahaahaha jared leto sucks so hard

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Oh yeah! That's a great one. Or something about how Snyder must be having the time of his life. Thanks. :P

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    What do you bet that teaser is actually Lex Luthor narrating a worst case scenario to Bruce.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    One thing I liked about the Arkham games is Batman's suit design. The whole Rubber Mask thing doesn't really work anymore.

• Options
    I think it looks really good in BvS personally

Like Batman's design is probably the best part of the film

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    that BvS clip seems super likely to be some kind of dream sequence; the sepia tone is different from the rest of the clips we've seen, and it'd very much be a 'worst fear' type of scenario for the film batman

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
This discussion has been closed.