As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars] is OUT! MARK YOUR SPOILERS OR WE WILL END YOU!

DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
edited December 2015 in Social Entropy++
Who is your dream casting for Young Han Solo? Discuss.

Also talk about the Star Wars films already out and the one out this month, I guess.

DarkPrimus on

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    NMnEVjym.jpg

Clint Eastwood on
  • Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    "Han, If you want to fly the Millennium Falcon, you'll have to defeat her seven evil ex-owners."

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Did anybody else ever read the Lando Calrissian Adventures and wish that sabaac was a real game?

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2015
    Also @Clint Eastwood that picture is enormous both visually and in file size.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    DmFiP4f.jpg?1

Young Han Solo, meet baby Luke and Leia

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Did anybody else ever read the Lando Calrissian Adventures and wish that sabaac was a real game?

Sabaac as described in the novels is way more interesting than just fucking Blackjack.

That's something Bioware really dropped the ball on.

You could probably get something sort of like it using phones/tablets and some kind of NFC table mat.

steam_sig.png
  • Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Sabaac as described in the novels is way more interesting than just fucking Blackjack.

That's something Bioware really dropped the ball on.

The card game in KOTOR is Pazaak, not Sabaac.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Remember, the Force will be with you. Always."
    Chewbacca: "Wrraaarrrurrgh."*
    Han: "You said it, Chewie. Where did you dig up that old fossil?"

*"I'm going to do a test right now. Actually, it's all real. I knew the Jedis and helped the bestest of the Jedis leave back when the Jedis all got killed during the Clone Wars around 20-25 years ago. He was a cool dude and definitely used the Force and a lightsaber and all that stuff. If you can actually understand what I'm saying, and not just pretending to speak Wookiee, I want you to slap yourself in the face."

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The cards are described as having holographic/electronic faces that change sometimes during play, so I don't know how you could make a tactile version of the game with current hardware.

edited December 2015
    You couldn't easily* have a physical version, but if you had a phone/tablet app that had the cards and communicated with the other people playing on their devices to coordinate the card changing and stuff. The big trick would be detecting when you've set your cards on the table to freeze the status. Hence the NFC mat.

*or more accurately, cheaply. It can probably be done with some pretty thick "cards" with OLED displays or something.

edit: Hmmm, it would probably also work as an application for those big Surface tables (fakeedit: now apparently called Pixelsense) that have the stickers/decals they can scan when you set them on the table.
    The Surface acts as the server, displaying the deck, discard, etc. and controlling the game. Your hand is displayed on a phone app, and you have a decal on your phone (or maybe a more temporary clip on decal thingy) so when you set your phone on the table, it detects it and freezes your hand.
    Boom, current tech implementation.

Still expensive though. Those bad boys run about $5k.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    So last night I went to watch some clip of an interview with Abrams talking about Luke Skywalker, because hey, I was interested.

The clip is from some news station that precedes the interview with a bunch of footage from what I assume is the Japanese/International trailer or TV spots. I wouldn't know, because I've been avoiding them. Yes, what I saw was minimal and insignificant, and I nixed the video before I saw anymore, but god damn. I'm really going to have to go on complete lockdown.

I did see there's a browser extension that blocks all Star Wars spoilers, so maybe I ought to look into that.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Battlefront is pretty fun you guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEeaNZV_CUM

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    What platform are most people playing Battlefront on?

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I'm on the xbone, but there are a few PC people here.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

From what I've read, the player base on PS4 is higher than Xbox and PC combined.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    THis was pretty funny. <3 mark hamill

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    He's kind of short for a stormtrooper.

kyrcl.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    He's kind of short for a stormtrooper.

But he can fit in the costume made for mere mortals up to 6 feet tall

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

Hamill's looking pretty good/healthy in that picture compared some pictures I remember from the last few years.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Reached the major Ahsoka storyline in Clone Wars.

This sequence is what made me okay with the concept of a jedi order going extinct

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

Ps4

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I'm on origin

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    ienv5nZ.jpg

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

I mean, I know George Lucas has been putting on weight....

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am ALL ABOUT this one off story in the Star Wars Annual
    STWANN2015001-int2-2-7009f.jpg
    STWANN2015001-int2-3-905ed.jpg
    STWANN2015001-int2-4-fbe92.jpg
    STWANN2015001-int2-5-a0c11.jpg
    STWANN2015001-int2-6-08854.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am ALL ABOUT this one off story in the Star Wars Annual
    STWANN2015001-int2-2-7009f.jpg
    STWANN2015001-int2-3-905ed.jpg
    STWANN2015001-int2-4-fbe92.jpg
    STWANN2015001-int2-5-a0c11.jpg
    STWANN2015001-int2-6-08854.jpg

I need to buy these.

Maybe when the trades come out.

Noooooo, all my moneeeeeys. :3

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What happens to the separatists anyway?

I mean Dooku and Grievous die in the third movie, but what happened to the rest of the planets and heck, the droid army? Do they end up joining the rebellion?

Blake T wrote: »
    What happens to the separatists anyway?

I mean Dooku and Grievous die in the third movie, but what happened to the rest of the planets and heck, the droid army? Do they end up joining the rebellion?
    I think the War Machine of the Empire just kind of steam rolls them?

In Darth Vader he finds a cache of very advanced prequel Era druids that come in handy but they are treated like a rarity so I'm guessing they didn't last too long after the prequels

CYpGAPn.png
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I think as
    Palpatine was in fact secretly in charge of the separatists, he just had all the droids turned off and the vast majority of the commanders surrender?

Someone with more star wars knowledge can correct me

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Are you folks forgetting where Palpatine sends Anakin to Mustafar to murder all the central leaders of the Seperatist movement?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Are you folks forgetting where Palpatine sends Anakin to Mustafar to murder all the central leaders of the Seperatist movement?
    Yeah but it was a galaxy spanning force, even if it was destabilized there would be a good chunk of hostile Separatists still hanging out

Which the Empire probably took out pretty handily in the decades that followed

CYpGAPn.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Not to mention the complete extinction of the Geonosisians.

Quire.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Yeah but it was a galaxy spanning force, even if it was destabilized there would be a good chunk of hostile Separatists still hanging out

I don't know...

Losing all the leaders of your super-high command in one day can really shut down your force...

And with Palpatine being secretly in control of it I don't see the Seperatist movement lasting months following the events of RotS.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular

the group Anakin kills are specifically the military leaders of the Separatist movement, including the neimoidians that were responsible for their droid army

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I just want to say that Carrie Fisher is awesome

YL9WnCY.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    carrie fisher has reached a point in her life and in her career where she has completely discarded her bullshit filter

This discussion has been closed.