As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    God damnit

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    No, this is Splatrick!

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    That is so weirdly perfect for Splatoon.

I've never watched Spongebob, but I'm going with Patrick because he'll be Marie's choice.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I've never watched Spongebob, but I'm going with Patrick because he'll be Marie's choice.
    Yep, same with me. When in doubt, choose Marie. It's failed me in the past, and I expect it'll fail me again this time. Wait... that doesn't sound quite right.

Notably, the times are synced up for NA and EU, and the Splatfest period is 30 hours instead of the usual 24 hours. I wonder if this bodes poorly for the sustained popularity of the game in these two regions?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I haven't stuck with Splatoon, but I feel like I should at least play a little during this splatfest to see the dialogue, just because it's such a weird splatfest theme.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Had one of those sublime runs in rainmaker. First one to grab the rainmaker, shot it straight to the end in one go, match less than 30 seconds.

Overall it didn't end up that great, only up by 8 points after 40 minutes of matches, but man.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Getting ready for the Splatfest tomorrow by picking up and playing a decent amount again. Leveled up from 38 to 40 over the last few days and have gone all over the place in the A- range.

Had to sit through Sheldon going over all the new weapons they added recently but picked up a rare one when I hit 40, which was nice! For those who haven't in awhile, going by to talk to Judd after leveling up can usually be worth your while.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna give it a try in the morning, but if I have the same amount of disconnects I'm gonna give up!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
      I can't believe this game has descended even further into squidward jokes

I truly thought we had reached

rock bottom

Steam: Cilantr0
      3DS: 0447-9966-6178
    • Options
      Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
      Molybdenum wrote: »

rock bottom

Below rock bottom

is Bikini Bottom

• Options
      Molybdenum wrote: »

rock bottom

Below rock bottom

is Bikini Bottom

we're so low the joke went overhead

• Options
      BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
      edited April 2016
      Wow the wasabi splattershot is the weapon and subweapon combo I always wanted.

Wondered why the splatfest started late, expanded hours to sunday afternoon. Hope they keep this time.

BronzeKoopa on
    • Options
      The Splatfest battles feel a bit tougher this time around.

Team Spongebob might have the upperhand but I've gotten in some decent wins with Team Patrick. But this is certainly a hell of a lot closer than any of the other ones I've done. Lots of level 50s running around.

• Options
      BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
      Around 1500 Splatfest Power area I was getting a good number of Patrick vs Patrick battles and slower matchmaking at times (felt a bit more like your typical wait times for a ranked game to fill). Team SpongeBob hasn't been impressive aside from 1700ish power teams that I got matched up with.

I haven't had much time to play Splatoon the past couple of months (and injured my left wrist somehow in March) but after fooling around with some different weapons I decided to take the Forge Splattershot Pro for a spin and really like the changes they made in 2.7.0. Point Sensors have been really damned useful on the maps in this Splatfest.

I've got another account to rank up but I'm making use of the extra time to take a break rather than grinding for hours on end.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    • Options
      Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
      Well I played for a good long while, think I gave a pretty good show of myself, might play it a bit more but I think I'm probably done for today. Hope team Spongebob winds.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    • Options
      Up to defender and will probably play more later, but I find myself wishing they'd done something like Fox v Falco instead.

• Options
      Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
      Oh nooo, I forgot about the timezone difference, stupidly. I hadn't achieved the rank of King yet! I was taking a break after playing for awhile and just started playing again when Splatfest ended.

I hope we Spongebobists won.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    • Options
      Is splatfest over?

• Options
        AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
        Yes, team Patrick claimed victory.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
      • Options
        That's my team! huzzah!

• Options
          I was surprised. Given all the Patrick v Patrick matches i was getting, i was sure we were the more popular team which is usually a bad sign, but i guess i picked right in the end after all. I focused on scoring high and grinding gear this time than on killing.

A- 60, but Starfox will keep me away from attempting a climb any time soon. Unless i just set aside some time each week for it or something.

• Options
          Team Spongebob was more popular, but team Patrick had the most victories.

• Options
          Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
          edited April 2016

We're also getting the original Splatoon amiibo in different colors (and a limited quantity)

Maz- on
          Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
        • Options
          MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
          Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
          Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
          Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
          Steam ID
          Twitch Page
        • Options
          skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
          Nintendo Console Codes
          Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA
        • Options
          So it basically just opens up a sound test with some new songs and . . . lets you watch them dance? No thanks!

• Options
          cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
          Rehab wrote: »
          So it basically just opens up a sound test with some new songs and . . . lets you watch them dance? No thanks!
          Super Mario Maker costumes?

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
          Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
        • Options
          The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
          skeldare wrote: »

Somebody put it perfectly.

The future is weird.

I want to take somebody from the past, either from Woodstock or a big Beatles concert or something like that. Take them fresh from that experience and time jump them forward 50 years to this, and tell them "This is what concerts are in the future". I want to see how big of a freakout they possibly have.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
        • Options
          auhauhghghgh
          I do not need another $60 worth of plastic figures

• Options
          But you don't want to make Callie and Marie sad do you?

• Options
          PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
          Next Splatfest's been announced:

UgocxPg.jpg
          First, there was Splatoon in Miitomo! Well now, there’s Miitomo in Splatoon!

Our next Splatfest theme is brought to you by Miitomo! Would you rather go to fancy party or a costume party? Head to Inkopolis Plaza and cast your vote for the next Splatfest!

…and since it’s a party, this Splatfest will be held simultaneously in all regions! For the first time ever, players in all regions will be matched up to play in Splatfast – and the results will be global.

The party starts 5/13 at 8 PM PT and ends at 3 AM PT on 5/15. When it’s time to party we will party hard!

persona4celestia.jpg
          COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
        • Options
          I thought we already had a Splatfest that was held "simultaneously in all regions!" earlier this year.

Tougher choice this time. For one, would the costume party have alcohol or just the fancy party?

• Options
          Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
          Callie in formalwear? Sold!
          But really though, these days aren't they pretty much indistinguishable? Just the costume theme is different…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
          Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
          DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
        • Options
          Oh, hey, I can be on Team Hot Dog this time around.

• Options
          Went on a tear this morning and got to A+ rank!

Which was really satisfying after I dropped in points last night and lost at least a couple rounds worth of points to disconnects. Bring on the Splatfest, I feel ready.

• Options
          mde2mrm.jpg?1

Sheldon's Picks Vol. 2 is dropping June 7'th.

Also, one year of splatting!

T2CymBz.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
        • Options
          edited June 2016
          And they just did a info-dump on most of the new weapon series. Going to be lazy and skip the images, since you can see them on the box up a post, but here's the write-ups.
          Check out the super sweet Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose. The Splash Wall sub weapon lets you leverage the great range of the main, while the Bubbler is perfect for turning the tables in a pinch.

As Sheldon puts it: “It’s super cute with its fruity color scheme and cherry-themed sticker!”
          The Sploosh-o-matic 7 retains the stats of the original model while adding more strategic options. The short-range main has been bolstered by mid- and long-range sub and special weapons, allowing you to fight effectively at any distance.
          The CoroCoro Splat Roller is decorated with a rad logo Sheldon found inscribed on some ancient writings. The way Sheldon describes it:

"It has a new hollow-titanium frame, ball-bearing joints, steering dampers, super stabilizers… So many new parts, in fact, that it kind of… came full circle. The specs ended up identical to the Splat Roller."

But the addition of Splash Walls combined with the powerful Inkzooka make this set full of exciting new possibilities.
          Meet the Heavy Splatling Remix. It’s not a remix to your favorite headbanger - It’s, uh, a remixed version of the Heavy Splatling. Warm up the crowd with the Sprinkler sub and then drown ‘em out with the devastating Killer Wail for an encore.
          The Aerospray PG is best described as a little update to the Aerospray MG that Sheldon built from his grandpappy’s blueprints. No matter how you describe it, it’s definitely a hand-crafted work of art. Burst Bombs help claim turf and the Kraken crushes enemy defenses.

PMAvers on
          persona4celestia.jpg
        • Options
          Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
          Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
        • Options
          A 72 since the last time i posted barely 2 months ago. Peaked at A 88 but slid a good bit on a bad run of Splatzones.

The commentary on the last splatfest results seems to indicate that Callie v. Marie is coming next.

• Options
          Mr Khan wrote: »
          A 72 since the last time i posted barely 2 months ago. Peaked at A 88 but slid a good bit on a bad run of Splatzones.

The commentary on the last splatfest results seems to indicate that Callie v. Marie is coming next.

That would be a pretty good final splatfest.