As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    A 72 since the last time i posted barely 2 months ago. Peaked at A 88 but slid a good bit on a bad run of Splatzones.

The commentary on the last splatfest results seems to indicate that Callie v. Marie is coming next.

That would be a pretty good final splatfest.

Yep.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Clearly this generation's Sophie's Choice.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Last Splatfest, huh? Maybe I should sit down and play the game a bit more in the upcoming month. Still haven't done ranked mode yet. Never felt ready enough for it.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    In addition players will also be able to vote on the final splatfest stages via email:

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/146692289175/oh-yeah-we-forgot-to-mention-one-thing-the

Also the 2nd to last splatfest was Early Birds vs Night Owls and Owls dominated in all regions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n9MFNFyP7g

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    How does one earn shells outside of Splatfest?

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular

Buy them with monies

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »

Buy them with monies

I've never noticed that as an option -- is it because I already have shells and thus don't need more? What's the exchange rate?

• Options
      I think you guy it from the urchin, but it's pretty expensive so it definitely better to get them from splatfests

• Options
        I think if you don't have any shells you simply pay 30,000 coins to reroll your abilities, I think there is a minimum level requirement to do this. Level 20 or 30, can't remember.

• Options
        edited June 2016
        I think if you don't have any shells you simply pay 30,000 coins to reroll your abilities, I think there is a minimum level requirement to do this. Level 20 or 30, can't remember.

Dang. 30,000?

I'm going to have to play this last Splatfest until I am legally married to Marie.

Tim is on the Internet on
      • Options
        Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
        edited June 2016
        30,000 isn't hard once you've bought all the clothes and if you play a bit of ranked every day (and have at least a 1:1 win/loss ratio). Once i stopped buying clothes and weapons on a per-session basis in that game and started getting snails, my money count took off and never resettled. I'm over 1.2 million right now, and 50 snails, and am mostly out of stuff to spend it on (plenty of weapons i haven't bought, but they're non-preferred variants of weapons i already own).

Your snail output per splatfest has a ceiling, too. You just have to get to King/Queen level, which takes 2-4 hours depending on how much you win.

I definitely need to vote for stages though. Last splatfest sucked for me because the stage selection was bad. Any two of those i could have put together a working weapon combo, but all three?

Edit: Arowana, Moray, and Triggerfish would be the ideal combo.

Mr Khan on
      • Options
        Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
        XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
      • Options
        Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      • Options
        PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
        Poll results for the stages for the final Splatfest are back.

Results are Kelp Dome, Moray Towers, and Walleye Warehouse.

persona4celestia.jpg
        COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
      • Options
        PMAvers wrote: »
        Poll results for the stages for the final Splatfest are back.

Results are Kelp Dome, Moray Towers, and Walleye Warehouse.

Ugh, Moray Towers.

• Options
        Well, it *is* apparently what regions voted for.

The breakdown:
        fr4hoPq.png

persona4celestia.jpg
      • Options
        Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
        XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
      • Options
        Nobody really mentioned it, but the Callie/Marie amiibos do something interesting. They just sound tests of all the Squid Sisters songs, and the only difference between the two are those solo songs posted above. But it's not just a sound test. It actually takes you to a Splatfest plaza with them dancing on the trucks, all the inklings dancing in the street, and everything.

So they're basically an on demand way to turn the plaza into the Splatfest version. And with this being the last Splatfest and all, it'll soon be the only way to do that.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
      • Options
        What team picking, PA?!

• Options
          Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
          Marie! Accept no substitutes.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
          Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
          DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
        • Options
          MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
          I chose Callie because she's always so cheerful!

Marie gets mean sometimes... :(

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
          Marie it is! haha

• Options
            PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
            I haven't played Splatoon in forever, but I figured I'd check out the last splatfest. It's really dumb that you can't skip Sheldon's weapon introductions.

• Options
            BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
            It's not so bad when you play the game at least once per batch of new weapons being released :P

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
          • Options
            MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
            but that would mean taking the twilight princess disk out

Steam: Cilantr0
            3DS: 0447-9966-6178
          • Options
            skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
            Squid Sisters personality test

Spoiling because I'm not sure how large this is
            zpcwaiqr46dd.jpeg

Nintendo Console Codes
            Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA
          • Options
            Well that was unexpected.

"Rollers or Chargers?" Rollers baby.
            "Food addict?" Yes, sadly.
            "Like puns?" Fuck off no.
            "Cats or Dogs?" Dogs, obviously.
            "Is hawaiian pizza wrong?" YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES!

Hell yeah I'm Team Marie.

Legit test is legit.

• Options
            RehabRehab Registered User regular
            I took the same path as you did up until the Hawaiian pizza question, to which I said "no" because it is delicious, and ended up with Marie anyway seeing myself as more sarcastic commenter.

NNID: Rehab0
          • Options
            Went all the way to King for you Marie. It's awesome they switched to the final boss music for the matches on the second day. Gonna miss splatfests, the only way to get regional matchmaking.

• Options
            RehabRehab Registered User regular
          • Options
            TayaTaya Registered User regular
            I enjoyed the final Splatfest. Nice to have my team win.

• Options
            Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
            Woo! Go Team!

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
            Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
            DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
          • Options
            BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
            I'm surprised it was so close

CD World Tour status:
            Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
          • Options
            My ISP (CenturyLink) conspired to stop my nephew and I from participating in this Splatfest. I managed to rank up one of my accounts to Queen for Marie and my nephew made it to Champion on Friday, and a little before noon on Saturday my 'net went down and they didn't expect repairs to be done until after Splatfest was over. I had another account to rank up to Queen as well as my nephew's (who went to the movies).

Luckily Splatoon turned out to be perfectly playable tethered to my phone, and a few hours after that they already fixed my home internet (it has always taken 4-8 hours LONGER than their estimate, so finishing early was unexpected). Finished an hour before Splatfest ended, which was aided by the last hour with a solid team where we were crushing Team Callie. Had a surprisingly good Inkbrush player who frequently managed top the team in splats (somehow) and manage to only get splatted 1-2 times most matches.

• Options
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

*fireworks*

Also go talk to Judd, apparently he's got a bonus quest going on where he's tracking the wins you get, and after so many he'all give you snails.

persona4celestia.jpg
          • Options
            KupiKupi Registered User regular
            Meant to post this earlier, but Jonny Atma, a guy who does heavy metal remixes of game themes, took on Splatoon's end boss final phase theme and it's awesome (outside of giving it English lyrics based on the mondegreens in the original squiddish, which I'm less enthused about but whatever):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVXNEJH-ieU

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
          • Options
            StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
            I'm still not a fan of how Splatfests were executed. I said this before, but 24 hours just seems arbitrary when it'd be just as easy to let them run for a whole weekend and let more people play.

Also, it'd be nice for weekends, or maybe just the first weekend of each month, had the splatfest decorations and maybe give you urchins for playing X games. Just so all the Splatfest art and music assets don't gather dust in some folder within the game files.

YL9WnCY.png
          • Options
            Also, it'd be nice for weekends, or maybe just the first weekend of each month, had the splatfest decorations and maybe give you urchins for playing X games. Just so all the Splatfest art and music assets don't gather dust in some folder within the game files.
            That's what the Callie and Marie amiibo are for :P

The night themed stages are what I'll miss the most.

• Options
            AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
            Kinda cool recap. Though again, they should make some of the shirts available again.

Onward, to NX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6JeU5hocZI

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
          • Options
            EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
            god, I've been away from this game for so long. The 3 games I played on the final splatfest were my first rounds in forever. I should get back into it.

So, I learned that you can stand the Marie amiibo on top of the Callie amiibo. Pretty amusing.