As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I missed this, but apparently there's going to be another Testfire.

August 25-28'th, 3-5 PM PST.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Splatoon’s fantastic art is heading to bookstores
    One of Nintendo’s most stylish games is finally getting its own art book. Dark Horse is bringing The Art of Splatoon to stores in 2017, the publisher announced today, filled with designs and illustrations from the hit Wii U game.

Die-hard Splatoon fans may recognize some of the art featured in the book, which was released in Japan last year. Dark Horse is adapting the Japanese edition of The Art of Splatoon for English-speaking audiences, making this the first time original concept art and even some comics based on the game will be translated from their native language.

The Art of Splatoon runs 320 pages and is set to hit stores on June 13, 2017. Pre-orders for the $39.99 book are now open, but kids and squids who can’t wait for its release are encouraged to dip back into the Wii U game until then. The limited-time, online Splatfest events are no more, but there’s still plenty to check out in Splatoon, which made it onto Polygon’s games of the year list in 2015.

Check out the cover of The Art of Splatoon below, courtesy of Dark Horse.

9781506704005.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I like how that article says "finally getting" then says it was already released in Japan last year.

Edit: The (Japanese) book is quite nice, by the way.

homogenized on
  • Options
    Everyone ready for the upcoming Splatoon 2 Global Testfire?

C67SJyKV0AA67JC.jpg:large

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    They've said that the Testfire will be on two maps. The Reef and Musselforge Fitness.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    I doubt they'll let people play with friends for this?

I should be good for the one at 3 PM Eastern on that Saturday.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    5 hours to go till the Testfire starts! Here are the full weapon loadouts:

d6HklFH.png

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    March 24th: 12:00 PM – 12:59 PM PT
    March 24th: 8:00 PM – 8:59 PM PT
    March 25th: 4:00 AM – 4:59 AM PT
    March 25th: 12:00 PM – 12:59 PM PT
    March 25th: 8:00 PM – 8:59 PM PT
    March 26th: 4:00 AM – 4:59 AM PT

FYI

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
  • Options
    5 minutes!

• Options
    Actually, it's live right now!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I... I'm clicking on it and whenever I do it says "You must have the software in order to play", in which I have.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    In case anyone gets into a situation where you've got to redownload a piece of software from the eshop what you do is:

1. Login to the eshop with that profile.
    2. Click your profile icon at the top right.
    3. Go to Redownload.
    4. Select the game to redownload.

You can't just go to the shop, find the game, and click on it. All it'll say is "Purchased".

urahonky on
  • Options
    So is it working? I'm at work so I'll be missing the first round unless it's extended but interested to know how the connection stacks up with a console that people actually own

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    So is it working? I'm at work so I'll be missing the first round unless it's extended but interested to know how the connection stacks up with a console that people actually own

Played 3 rounds so far, didn't notice any connection issues or lag.

• Options
    I don't know. I'm getting a message that says "You must have the software in order to play", and when I click Nintendo eShop it takes me to the store page where it says Purchased. I really don't understand what I need to do differently.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Played two games and now I can't connect. No matter. This game controls like dogshit. I'm mystified this game is so popular.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Man I suck at this. Have to try to turn of motion control..

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Played 3 rounds so far, didn't notice any connection issues or lag.

Same! Been rocking it with my dual shooters! I like this weapon!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Oh man I am missing out on utterly destroying newcomers, convincing them not to buy

CD World Tour status:
    • Options
      Oh man I am missing out on utterly destroying newcomers, convincing them not to buy

It's easy to tell who that is, too. Delightful!

• Options
        Lind wrote: »

I would recommend keeping it on and getting used to in. Painful early but it'll make precise aiming easier in the long run

• Options
          I obviously need to play more but so far the Tenta Missiles seem a bit weak.

• Options
          cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
          TimFiji wrote: »
          Lind wrote: »

I would recommend keeping it on and getting used to in. Painful early but it'll make precise aiming easier in the long run

Oh yeah. Learning curve is steep bit it's worth it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
        • Options
          MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
          Played two games and now I can't connect. No matter. This game controls like dogshit. I'm mystified this game is so popular.

Haven't played on Switch yet, but it was fine on Wii U. Were you using motion controls for the first time? If so, either stick with it (they are really good) or turn them off and go with the regular twin-stick FPS set-up.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
          Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
          Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
          Steam ID
          Twitch Page
        • Options
          chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
          edited March 2017
          Played a few matches with no connections issues. The motion controls suck. The regular controls sucked until I turned the sensitivity down, at which point they just kinda sucked. I'm having a hard time telling what is going on using mobile mode, so hopefully I can give it a shot on the TV at some point over the weekend. I'm sure a pro controller would make it much better too, but too bad I can't go to a store and buy one.

chuck steak on
        • Options
          PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
          I keep opening the map when I mean to jump. I blame the first game and Zelda.

• Options
          AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
          MNC Dover wrote: »

Haven't played on Switch yet, but it was fine on Wii U. Were you using motion controls for the first time? If so, either stick with it (they are really good) or turn them off and go with the regular twin-stick FPS set-up.

I tried both. Twin sticks was less terrible but still awful.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
        • Options
          LindLind Registered User regular
          The roller is really great. My wi-fi sucks so i cant play on the tv and handheld mode and motion controll.. yeah im not sure thats great.

• Options
          Peewi wrote: »
          I keep opening the map when I mean to jump. I blame the first game and Zelda.

Yeah, B to jump is gonna take some major getting used to.

• Options
          Got my stream live and running in case anyone's bored.

persona4celestia.jpg
        • Options
          MNC Dover wrote: »

I tried both. Twin sticks was less terrible but still awful.

Motion are fun, just gotta stick with it!

• Options
            maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

It okay to like different things.

FU7kFbw.png
            Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
          • Options
            cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

But not smartphone games. :P

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
          • Options
            maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
            cloudeagle wrote: »

But not smartphone games. :P

It's not okay to like smartphone games? What?

FU7kFbw.png
            Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
          • Options
            I can't seem to join any games right now. I finally got my issue fixed... I popped out the SD card in my Switch, and then had to delete it and redownload it. It seemed to launch just fine after that.

• Options
            WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
            I can tell the controls are good but I just suck at them. I am VERY accurate when I get on a roll but now the good players are logging on. Also: No connection issues at all. Amazing!

• Options
            Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
            edited March 2017
            Played a good few games, really like the roller. Of the handful of games, only one or two were really close. It seemed like lots of games one team just pins the other into their spawn end and wins like 55+ to maybe 30. Playing handheld I found turning off motion to be necessary, but I may try tonight at home with the Pro because I find it pretty natural to motion aim with in Zelda.

edit: Pro tip - move your left stick during the lobby load screen.

Custom Special on
            XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636