As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] Fates - The best FE character is now recruitable... for a price

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    And there goes Sophie's paralogue. I lost one of the villagers (damned archer), did i miss a reward for that?

Arthur and Effie have been promoted (Hero for Arthur and General Effie). All 5 of Niles, Elise, Selena, Belka, and Odin should be ready to go after the next paralogue.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    And there goes Sophie's paralogue. I lost one of the villagers (damned archer), did i miss a reward for that?

Arthur and Effie have been promoted (Hero for Arthur and General Effie). All 5 of Niles, Elise, Selena, Belka, and Odin should be ready to go after the next paralogue.

You only have to save 5/6 I think

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Mr Khan wrote: »

You only have to save 5/6 I think

Huh. I don't think i was rewarded, though.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    keaton and selena is the best support because the only person more tsundere than selena is keaton

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I actually kind of like Takumi because even though he's an ass sometimes that's like, the closest most of the Hoshidan royals get to showing any kind of goddamn character whatsoever

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Hoookay, Keaton and Peri are... neat.

• Options
    In Awakening, it was fun trying to figure out the best possible combinations of parents to make the kids as swole as possible

In Fates, I find myself pairing people up based primarily on how well their guard stance stats compliment each other

Like Xander is almost certainly going to S-Rank with Charlotte because there's no kill like overkill

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Post Conquest 15
    Oh wow this is even dumber than I thought it would be.

This story would be so much better if it would just let the Nohr kids rebel against their obviously evil dad without going through all this bullshit. This wishy-washy, passive aggressive, semi obedience rings false when none of them seem to have any affection for their father whatsoever. Right now the story is only serving to make everyone involved seem utterly incompetent.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I'm about to punch a wall

After a bunch of tries I was about to beat conquest 12

Then some asshole teleported my avatar into a choke point so he couldn't escape in time

Fuck Hoshido, now and forever

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think I'm almost done with Birthright, I am on...23 I think? Maybe 24.

I'm excited to start Conquest because while I do like a decent chunk of the Birthright cast (Shiro, Setsuna, Selkie, etc.) I am way more interested in the Nohr crew from everything I've seen of them in Birthright.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i'm up to conquest 18 or 19 and i gotta say i feel like a lot of folks were overstating how shitty the story is

it's not high art or anything but it's y'know, fine

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Man, I do not even want to deal with conquest 17 right now, fucking ninja infested rat hole.

I guess I'll go grind supports instead, maybe check out some of the DLC.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    conquest 17 is hard yeah

• Options
    I'm not sure how I'm going to get through a birthright playthrough

My time in conquest is making me despise Hoshido

Bunch of schmucks

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Orochi has good supports with just about everyone I've seen, I think because she's just really good at throwing the other person just off-balance enough to shake interesting stuff out of them.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Birthright -> Conquest feels terrific. I should ask Wyborn how he's feeling doing the reverse.

You could always skip straight to Revelations though!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    I'm not sure how I'm going to get through a birthright playthrough

My time in conquest is making me despise Hoshido

Bunch of schmucks

Conversely, playing through Birthright first makes you want to see more of the Nohr siblings

• Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Birthright -> Conquest feels terrific. I should ask Wyborn how he's feeling doing the reverse.

You could always skip straight to Revelations though!

But revelations still has Hoshido characters in it

I suppose I can just get them killed

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm gonna start Birthright tomorrow.

Don't know how its going to feel after hanging with the cool kids.

I might just cut it short if I don't finish by Friday.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2016
    ph blake wrote: »
    Post Conquest 15

This story would be so much better if it would just let the Nohr kids rebel against their obviously evil dad without going through all this bullshit. This wishy-washy, passive aggressive, semi obedience rings false when none of them seem to have any affection for their father whatsoever. Right now the story is only serving to make everyone involved seem utterly incompetent.
    Mild spoiler for later on, but nothing huge.
    In both games Xander makes note that he knew Garon before he became cold and basically Ganondorf, and it almost would work if they had played that up more.

Again, the problems of Conquest are in that Garon is too transparently evil in that he orders for your execution every other chapter, and there's just no attempt to hide his EVIL. If Garon was more of a schemer that brainwashed the Nohr kids on a propaganda campaign that Hoshido is a bunch of savages who only pretend to have an honor code when it suits them, then everything would be more plausible. The campaign could be more about mitigating the damage he's trying to do and to convince each sibling that dear old dad has to be stopped. It also means that the Nohr kids would be much more evil and less likable in a Birthright run since you aren't there to unhook them from Garon's nationalist tripe.
    i'm up to conquest 18 or 19 and i gotta say i feel like a lot of folks were overstating how shitty the story is

No, Birthright is fine but has kinda bland characterization. Conquest is kinda the opposite: a bad story with some good characters.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Post Conquest 15

In both games Xander makes note that he knew Garon before he became cold and basically Ganondorf, and it almost would work if they had played that up more.

Again, the problems of Conquest are in that Garon is too transparently evil in that he orders for your execution every other chapter, and there's just no attempt to hide his EVIL. If Garon was more of a schemer that brainwashed the Nohr kids on a propaganda campaign that Hoshido is a bunch of savages who only pretend to have an honor code when it suits them, then everything would be more plausible. The campaign could be more about mitigating the damage he's trying to do and to convince each sibling that dear old dad has to be stopped. It also means that the Nohr kids would be much more evil and less likable in a Birthright run since you aren't there to unhook them from Garon's nationalist tripe.

No, Birthright is fine but has kinda bland characterization. Conquest is kinda the opposite: a bad story with some good characters.

oh ok my mistake

• Options
    I've only finished Chapter 11, but Conquest's story is good to me so far.

signature.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    The story is a little clunky with regards to garon but it doesn't seem outright bad

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

Then some asshole teleported my avatar into a choke point so he couldn't escape in time

Have you considered not being a warmonger?

Maybe if you didn't monger so many wars, you wouldn't have to deal with so many inconvenient teleports.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I would have been fine with Conquest had it not been for two things.

- Corrin growing noticeably dumber by the chapter.
    - The game trying its damnedest to save Corrin from making any decision that may have seemed even somewhat morally grey.

Both start small but I would say the logical gymnastics gets worst as things go on.

• Options
    So far with Garon,

Conquest 12
    You're understandably too busy trying to prove why you shouldn't be killed to lobby any blows at Garon

I assume some plot in the future will hinge on you/the siblings not deciding to dethrone Garon despite knowing he's eeevil

Birthright conclusion spoilers
    But we already know Xander is noble/loyal to a fault to asshole dad, so

signature.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Maybe if you didn't monger so many wars, you wouldn't have to deal with so many inconvenient teleports.

I've considered being a whiny baby who sucks, yes.

But then, I realized it would make me a Hoshidan loser, so I didn't.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I'm fine with Conquest's story so far.

People keep talking about how dumb Corrin is, but how else are they supposed to handle their situation?

Conquest spoilers through at least Chapter 16.
    I'm pretty sure if you tried to tell any of the Nohrian royals "Hey, Dad is possessed by an evil sludge monster, we should probably deal with that," they'd think you were out of your mind.

Plus, Leo and Camilla point out more than once that they see Garon's a monster, but there's really nothing they can do about it without risking their lives, especially with Iago and Hans breathing down their necks.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

I've considered being a whiny baby who sucks, yes.

But then, I realized it would make me a Hoshidan loser, so I didn't.

I mean, it took a Hoshidan prince for Nohr to even have a chance of conquering Hoshido in the first place.

I guess in that chart, "Whiny Baby" punches in just above "Rejected Hot Topic Employee."

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

That depends

Has Hoshido considered not being a bunch of putzes?

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Post Conquest 15

There's a particular conquest chapter that I feel like could have been explored a little more. namely the one where
    You go to the medical place because one of your party is sick. And Lord Ryoma is literally like "yeah nah fuck you, I am going to let that child die of horrible illness rather than let you get to this medicine because we're enemies! It really makes him seem like a gigantic douche. Especially since the birthright counterpart for that mission has a completely different feel to it. It's one of those things where if the game had let Garon take a bit of a backseat, and just sort of had more hoshidians being dicks it would make the nohrian children look more justified. There's also that one mission where you go to izana's place, and the hoshidians are super assholes about it. You almost feel justified! But then garon tells you to slaughter more innocents and you realize you're on the wrong side of this war still.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

the moral of this story is pay attention to what staves enemies have

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    keaton and selena is the best support because the only person more tsundere than selena is keaton

Also, it gives Velouria a red streak in her hair, which is just perfect.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    how are people planning to pair up the royal siblings in revelations

my thinking is camilla/takumi, leo/hinoka, ryoma/elise and xander/sakura

excuse me like Takumi is way too good for Camilla

Hmm I'm half wondering if I should attempt Conquest, I'm definitely intrigued by some of the characters

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Camilla and Takumi deserve each other
    maybe she can smother his buring hatred of Nohr with her huge... tracts of land

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Hmm...if I were to pair them I would probably go.

Leo/Hinoka
    Camilla/Ryoma
    Elise/Takumi
    Xander/Sakura

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Janson wrote: »
    how are people planning to pair up the royal siblings in revelations

my thinking is camilla/takumi, leo/hinoka, ryoma/elise and xander/sakura

excuse me like Takumi is way too good for Camilla

Hmm I'm half wondering if I should attempt Conquest, I'm definitely intrigued by some of the characters

Having played Birthright into Conquest, I would highly recommend it.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Leo/Hinoka is 100% a thing that must happen

That's just too good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Camilla's overbearing dominating personality is the perfect thing to agitate takumi's insecurities and inferiority complex

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    My reasoning are thus.

Leo/Hinoka both have the middle child thing going on.

Elise's optimism plays off of Takumi's emo.

Camilla will probably be a bit more of a competent ruler than Ryoma.

And Xander/Sakura mainly cause I ran out of people but their personalities probably do work well together.

This discussion has been closed.