As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[No Man's Sky] Your Universe Awaits, and wants you to pick up some stuff on the way

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I can't wait go get home and check this out. the patch notes are huge: https://www.nomanssky.com/next-update/

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    The patch on ps4 is almost 10gb

EDIT: so if anyone wants to hop into a game (I'd also recommend maybe getting into a discord since I have no ps4 mic) my psn name is g0oseyourself

Goose! on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    have they added a universe map

I think I named like 20 planets would love to see how much that stands out

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    have they added a universe map

I think I named like 20 planets would love to see how much that stands out

On the website I believe you can look at this now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah they added a new website that will serve as a complete map.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    It's really too bad they didn't wait another year or two to release it in this state because this is what I expected it to be originally.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    i doubt it would have been possible. the hello games team's always been small, but it more than doubled as a result of those early sales

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I feel like the ability to rename systems was a misstep if you want to build a usuable map that people can plot courses on and such, but I imagine that's still not the within the game's mantra. I just really love the way Elite Dangerous does that stuff and would have liked to have seen something similar here.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Still early, but in case anyone knows definitively: should people playing together in multiplayer be able to see the names of planets that they choose? Like my friend and I played together on PC for an hour or two, he named a planet we landed on, but I didn’t see the name update all that time, even when the Discoveries screen said I was connected. Wasn’t sure if people only see their own custom names.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Uh

I can’t find the option to change it back to first person?

EDIT: Okay, phew, for a minute it seemed like they totally ruined a game I already enjoyed

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Yeah, it took me way too long to figure out how to switch back to first person.

Digging the update though. Everything is so different! Lots of little changes all over the place.
    Putting together my first base now. On a pretty nice planet with red grass, huge spire-like mountains sprinkled about, and what appear to be impact craters everywhere.

I'm gonna miss my weird S class ship on my other (137 hour) file though. That thing was cool as hell. Finally getting a freighter should be worth it though.

Haven't tried multi yet - could probably use some more friends who are actually playing this.

PSN: captaindino

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Can someone tell me how to switch back to 1st person

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to switch back to 1st person

Press down on the D-pad when playing, scroll to utilities, switch camera view

• Options
    Thanks!

On another note, boy I just have no interest in building things in games
    Bases, houses, all that junk in Fortnite
    I doubt I'll ever settle down anywhere in NMS, I'll just live in my ship

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I literally started a new save over the weekend to get ready for this update.

Throw all that out the window, it’s almost like a whole new game!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it took me way too long to figure out how to switch back to first person.

Digging the update though. Everything is so different! Lots of little changes all over the place.
    Putting together my first base now. On a pretty nice planet with red grass, huge spire-like mountains sprinkled about, and what appear to be impact craters everywhere.

I'm gonna miss my weird S class ship on my other (137 hour) file though. That thing was cool as hell. Finally getting a freighter should be worth it though.

Haven't tried multi yet - could probably use some more friends who are actually playing this.

PSN: captaindino

And your response to this massive red flag was "I should put down roots here"?

• Options
    so despite having all my psn auto update and power saving settings right... this did not update

i blame the god-damn 40gb ffxv patch that's been sitting unfulfilled in my notifications for weeks

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    New game features look great!

But it's still not possible to rebind a bunch of keys, and the text chat key is hardcoded and thus completely ruins my entire keybind setup, so I'm feeling pretty frustrated with the game right now.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Still early, but in case anyone knows definitively: should people playing together in multiplayer be able to see the names of planets that they choose? Like my friend and I played together on PC for an hour or two, he named a planet we landed on, but I didn’t see the name update all that time, even when the Discoveries screen said I was connected. Wasn’t sure if people only see their own custom names.

Maybe a dumb question but did they remember to upload the planet data in the discoveries menu? It's also possible things aren't updating quickly because their servers are getting hammered again

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    so while i'm waiting for the update i put my old no man's sky vibes playlist into spotify, and expanded it for the occasion

it's an... eclectic mix. some folky rock veering sharply to atmospheric funk and synthy pop

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    If anyone finds the Neraya region somewhere on the Galactic Atlas website, just point me in the rough direction :wink:

Completed a few of the main story missions, which made me warp outside of my home system, straight into a dangerous system where I got immediately assaulted by pirates. Thank god for the shortcut recharge keys!

Then warped again into a “testy system”, where I escaped some pirates, but where all planets were pretty crap.

Now I am waiting for Polo to process the species data so that I can finally go to my home system with my little wooden base...

I was also surprised when I found a drop pod to expand my exosuit that that thing needed to be repaired, and I didn’t have any of the materials (at that point I even couldn’t craft them!)

Need more inventory space badly!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    My best advice for folks just starting out or beginning a new save is to mainline the story stuff until you warp into a system with a freighter under attack

Help out and you'll get it for free, and that's (as far as I know) the last major "tutorial" thing you have to do

Now that I've got mine my next priority is to get them units and get a better multitool because God damn I forgot how much I missed my old super advanced one, oofa doofa

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Starting a new game, overall the changes make the beginning work better. Still a heap of menus to craft right out the gate though.

Naturally, start planet was a balmy 200°F with skin melting firestorms when the sun goes down.

Luckily the second planet in the system is a really nice place. Peaceful temperature, lush trees and red grass, a ring! .....and also nightly firestorms. Oh well!

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    My best advice for folks just starting out or beginning a new save is to mainline the story stuff until you warp into a system with a freighter under attack

Help out and you'll get it for free, and that's (as far as I know) the last major "tutorial" thing you have to do

Now that I've got mine my next priority is to get them units and get a better multitool because God damn I forgot how much I missed my old super advanced one, oofa doofa

I killed the attacking ships and then had to leave because sentinels were showing up. I think I might have accidentally hit the freighter. I guess I'll go back and see if anyone is mad at me.

I miss my big inventory from my original save file.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Starting a new game, overall the changes make the beginning work better. Still a heap of menus to craft right out the gate though.

Naturally, start planet was a balmy 200°F with skin melting firestorms when the sun goes down.

Luckily the second planet in the system is a really nice place. Peaceful temperature, lush trees and red grass, a ring! .....and also nightly firestorms. Oh well!

Ha, same exact situation for me: I was on heat death planet, barely survived a couple of 900u runs with only the most conveniently placed sodium and o2 to sustain me.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular

I got super damn lucky and was given a 21 slot multitiool, lots of busted slots but it did have advanced mining already installed. Now I am just working towards getting a freighter from the quest.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    How do you upgrade your suit inventory? I remember at launch you could find pods with upgrades, but I haven't seen any of those.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    How do you upgrade your suit inventory? I remember at launch you could find pods with upgrades, but I haven't seen any of those.

you can search them out with signal boosters, though i think you need to use a special chip each time now. not sure how to get a hold of them yet

they're also back in (some?) space stations

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    If you ever come across any eggs outside an abandoned facility, don't shoot them

It's... it's not good

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Thanks!

On another note, boy I just have no interest in building things in games
    Bases, houses, all that junk in Fortnite
    I doubt I'll ever settle down anywhere in NMS, I'll just live in my ship

When they started talking about base building as the first thing they were adding, way back, I was fucking mystified because I couldn't figure why anyone would ever want to go back to a planet they already checked out

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    *raises hand*

How does one build bases in Creative Mode?

I’ve found the earth shaper tool and the vehicle platforms, but no base tech. What am I missing?

• Options
    I load my save file and it's starting a new game instead.

What the FUCK?

I then tried loading the manual save (which was from an hour before) instead of the auto save and that just crashed the game.

• Options

I had already been doing this so I'm glad its the way to go.

Just installed Hyper Drive on my lil ship.

• Options

What the FUCK?

I then tried loading the manual save (which was from an hour before) instead of the auto save and that just crashed the game.

Was the save from before the update? If so, it's not even the same universe anymore. It may just not even try to load you in. I'm not sure exactly how it works

• Options

What the FUCK?

Was the save from before the update? If so, it's not even the same universe anymore. It may just not even try to load you in. I'm not sure exactly how it works

No, my new save that I started right after the update came out.

• Options
    Oh! Well that sucks and I'm sorry

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    if you still play as an Anomaly you're a cop

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    if you still play as an Anomaly you're a cop

Wow. Speciesist.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I liked the space suit look so I kept it

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I never thought this is something I'd say, but I wish there were more random geometric floating shapes for heads.

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.