As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[No Man's Sky] Your Universe Awaits, and wants you to pick up some stuff on the way

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I started this up again last night. I had played through the new stuff with the previous update but went ahead and started a new save.

Things were slightly scary at first because I spawned on a planet with a heat hazard, but of course my hazard protection was disabled so I wound up desperately scrambling for natural shelter while trying to find what I needed to fix it.

Basically got my ship repaired and then called it a night, so I haven't had a chance to see most of the changes. I do dig the third-person view.

I think my goal this time is going to be to find a nice planet and, instead of just building a base, start developing an actual colony.

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I like the Traveler designs, particularly more artificial-looking ones. Like the one with a partial triangular prism head that has a crystal floating in the back of it? Cool as hell

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    i gotta say, in the time i played no man's sky originally to now i've moved from an OG ps4 to a pro

and there have been all these updates

it's a bit disappointing that this game still hitches pretty bad sometimes. and i just got a straight up crash so that's cooooooool

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I now went to the Anomaly, where I can get nanites for milestones from Nada, and blueprints after 2 hours from Polo.

Do I need to follow the Path of the Atlas mission to get that free freighter?

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I now went to the Anomaly, where I can get nanites for milestones from Nada, and blueprints after 2 hours from Polo.

Do I need to follow the Path of the Atlas mission to get that free freighter?

No just keep warping and eventually you will land in a system where a freighter is under attack. Defend it then land on it and it is yours.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think I need to play in Creative mode

I just wanna explore, I think I'm over scavenging

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Coincidentally, I just finished watching the Starforge UPF again on Giant Bomb

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

falllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

bloop

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    wait

can you build into space itself??

it looked like it was still "the planet"

how wacky would it be to build like a landing platform in space without entering the atmosphere

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    If I can build a space elevator for funsies, that might make the building stuff worthwhile by itself

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    This feels like a dumb question, but is there a trick to getting a freighter in creative mode? I'm used to them hanging around the stations in every system but I've been to 3-4 and haven't seen any.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I have a separate question, when can i customize my charector?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have a separate question, when can i customize my charector?

On any space station. There is a pad device.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I tried seeing how high I could build in creative mode, so I made a really big staircase.
    CBD1731E0E014EEB9BF167B15CAB6C5C756331DC

I got up into the clouds and then couldn't build any more. Not sure if it's because of the height and if I'm too far away from the base computer.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Even though the animals on my first couple planets have still been completely goof troop in design, the animations are way better

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I tried seeing how high I could build in creative mode, so I made a really big staircase.
    CBD1731E0E014EEB9BF167B15CAB6C5C756331DC

I got up into the clouds and then couldn't build any more. Not sure if it's because of the height and if I'm too far away from the base computer.

eSdzjRo.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    What if you made it U-Shaped staircase so you're always directly above your base?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Played this for a couple hours, so far there's more tutorial to it which is nice, but I think it's gonna take a couple of these sessions to hit anything even a little interesting and new.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    What if you made it U-Shaped staircase so you're always directly above your base?

I did do a u-turn and my highest point is not that far away from the base computer horizontally.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

Ah paid my two bits to see the high-diving act, and ah’m gonna see the high-diving act!

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Anyone find any uses for ancient keys yet?

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Wow you can get a freighter super early. I kinda figured an non clunker of a ship would be more in reach.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

This is gonna spoil something that can happen out in the world, fyi, this is definitely some handmade event kind of stuff

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

This is gonna spoil something that can happen out in the world, fyi, this is definitely some handmade event kind of stuff

I just had this happen to me. During a shoot out with sentinels.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I've found like 3 planets with those fuckers on them

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I somehow lost my free freighter. Says “No Freighter Owned” when I try to call it into the system.

So I made a separate new game since I also disliked my broken ass ship and multi tool.

Also anyone notice broken text strings when accepting and turning in quests from random aliens?

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I still don't really love the Sentinels thing

When the game is about mining shit, folks that come in and go "hey you stop all that mining" just means I put the controller down for a minute until they leave me alone, that's not very fun

it's my version of the rain in Breath of the Wild, where a lot of people complained about that but I enjoyed it, it made me play the game differently and in a more interesting way, having to find cover to build a fire, or alternate routes to go around

I'm not seeing that alternate route with this system, I either have to wait until they fuck off or deal with not very good combat

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    They seem a lot harder to lose or take out now too.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    If you do take them out, your reward is just "More, stronger robits"

So yeah they really don't add anything to the experience

• Options
    So I found a transmission tower, which led to a crashed spaceship, and it was an A-class one with 27 slots, which is a HUGE upgrade from that silly C-class 15 slot starter ship.

However, it is full of broken systems, and after 4 hours farming materials and using the replicator to Ferrite Dust -> Pure Ferrite -> Magnetised Ferrite and Copper -> blabla Materials and Sodium -> Sodium Nitrate I was scratching my head where to get Platinum.

Then I accidently put Tritium (you know, the fuel for the pulse engine that you mine from asteroids) into the replicator and Tritium -> 5:1 Platinum, which means 5 stacks of tritium allow me to repair one part :lol:

And before I knew it I was 5 hours further :wink:

• Options
    Oh shit that is huge! Good find.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I...might be too dumb for this game. I think, eventually, I'm gonna figure out how to get this ship unbroken! Maybe!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    What the fuck is a Traveler
    I'm in the appearance editor and there's all these fucking weirdo head shapes?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I...might be too dumb for this game. I think, eventually, I'm gonna figure out how to get this ship unbroken! Maybe!

Actually it’s the game that is dumb

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Edit: it was a goof but it could be misconstrued as more than that so I removed the link

Is PVP possible in game now? I had someone join my game for the first time and then not long after they entered my system I had a hostile scan on me. Flew to the nearest Space Station and waited it out because I am not good at starfighting yet.

Goose! on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Edit: it was a goof but it could be misconstrued as more than that so I removed the link

Is PVP possible in game now? I had someone join my game for the first time and then not long after they entered my system I had a hostile scan on me. Flew to the nearest Space Station and waited it out because I am not good at starfighting yet.

yes. you can turn it off, but if you're online and someone chooses "join a random player's game" and the roulette wheel of fate chooses you, they're in your system and can potentially kill you

meanwhile, i have to decide whether to get my broke-ass hilbert galaxy ship up and running in a system with no apparent civilization or space station... or figure out how to survive permadeath mode now

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Problems I have been having is accidentally friendly firing people I’m helping and not being able to disengage.

I can pay off pirates but you won’t let me compensate accidental scorch marks on your shit.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What the fuck is a Traveler
    I'm in the appearance editor and there's all these fucking weirdo head shapes?

a traveller is the fourth alien species, introduced in the atlas rises update. i haven't finished the new questlines yet, but you help out one called artemis and you can find others in space stations and trading posts, and
    by finding grave sites they direct you to, you can learn the code that lets you use portals to travel anywhere in the galaxy

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    I’m pretty happy one of the first things I built was a teleportation portal, so that I can beam from a spacestation to my home base and back, which is especially useful as my homebase is in the starting system, but one of the spacestations is in the 3rd system where I can do a set of missions given by a person in a booth at the spacestation (while the space station in my home system do have those people, they won’t talk to me yet; I think I need to get more faction stuff first).

And yes, I’ll take that photo mission over the “attack the freighter” mission at this point.

Oh yes, do try lots of combinations in your replicator, even putting in refined stuff too, for example: Cobalt -> better Cobalt -> Tetracobalt.

And yes, Salt -> Chlorine for more money making :wink:

This discussion has been closed.