As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon], Home of Legendary Opinions and Victini Promos

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Went to a park today that was infested with Electrobuz, but I only got like 4 of them dispite there always being like 2-4 on my radar because tracking is non-existent

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Now I'm looking up Pikachu movesets and Jesus you'd think these people were preparing him to take Omaha Beach

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »
    yep pikachu is a pain to catch just like the other starters, I waste so many resources whenever I see them.

So far i've saved enough candy between pidgeys, ratatas, caterpies, weedils, and a bunch of others to get me around 100k experience if I sit and evolve stuff, I just dont think a lucky egg would last that long and i'd have to be catching a few since I have more candy than pokemon to evolve.

Apparently a "trick" to getting more bang for your buck is when egg-evolving, exit and reload the game if you can reliably do so in >15 seconds, as the evolution screen takes just a bit longer than that. Someone on reddit claimed they pulled off 90 evolutions that way.

I really need to do some evolutions, I've got a +97% IV eevee I need to evolve. Plus a bunch of others to expand my 'dex, then some pidgatta trash for xp

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    My next evolve list so far:
    Bulbasaur 1
    Caterpie 2
    Weedle 1
    Pidgey 6
    Rattata 2
    Spearow 1
    NidoranF 1
    Nidorina 1
    NidoranM 1
    Zubat 2
    Gloom 1
    Weepingbell 1
    Tentacool 1
    Seel 1
    Shellder 1
    Gastly 4
    Drowzee 9
    Krabby 2
    Horsea 1
    Eevee 1

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Awesome, got to the route where you can catch goomy

C'mon

No whammy no whammy no whammy no whammyyyyyyyy

It's a stunfisk

PAYDIRT

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    giphy.gif

All hail asshole fish!

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Hell yea boys

We eatin STARYU CANDIES TONIGHT
    va3e1vqqk5rp.png

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Good Starmie name.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    It's pretty freaky, man

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Decided to replay X while waiting/hoping for some Go fixes. Not going for some the Lock runs some other are, but I am trying to only use guys I don't normally. So far I've learned Honedge is criminally unfair early game.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The whole Honedge line is kinda crazy effective all through X/Y

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Aegislash and even doublade are super broken even competitively and I love them

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I actually dropped my Aegislash out of my team in my first run of Y because the rest of my team wasn't getting to do anything.

It is too stronk.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I dropped literally everything out of my team in Y once they hit their final evolution stage because the EXP share in that game was bonkers, filled the pokedex with the 70 odd new entries and still crushed the E4.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I swept the champion while underleveled by almost 10 with Aegislash. Absolutely stupid broken.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I solved the EXP Share issue in my most recent X playthrough by having way too many Pokemon I want to use on my team and constantly rotating dudes out.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yeah I'm already reaching the point where there's no way I can narrow it down to a consistent team

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »
    yep pikachu is a pain to catch just like the other starters, I waste so many resources whenever I see them.

So far i've saved enough candy between pidgeys, ratatas, caterpies, weedils, and a bunch of others to get me around 100k experience if I sit and evolve stuff, I just dont think a lucky egg would last that long and i'd have to be catching a few since I have more candy than pokemon to evolve.

If you do nothing else you can evolve about 60 pokes during lucky egg time, assuming you are set up and the network does not screw you.

• Options
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    GIVE ME THE SNOW FOX

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Oh jeez I dunno about all that alola form stuff

exeggutor was neat but the rest I think I'd just prefer a new pokemon obviously inspired by the old ones

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    holy shit thats so awesome

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I NEED THAT EXEGGUTOR

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Hhhhhhhhhhhuh

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Not sure about the Alola form stuff (same complaint I have about Mega designs) and the Z-moves (although Bloom Doom is a fantastic name). Mudsdale's prevo is great though.

And is this Island Challenge taking the place of Gym Leaders? If so that sucks because there are only four. If not, well, they haven't done a good job of not making this game look small as hell thus far.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Z MOVES NOT FUSION

THANK GOD

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    ... ice/steel sandslash?

Be still my beating heart.

• Options
    SANDSHREWS HEAD IS A LITTLE IGLOO

• Options
    So it sounds like "collect these eight gym badges" is out??? Which is fucking rad

Also THERE'S TOTALLY FUSION ATTACKS HELL YES

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Z MOVES NOT FUSION

THANK GOD

when the trainer started doing that strange suggestive dancing/posing i was like dear god do not fuse with your Pikachu right now, just do not do it

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I really like the idea that migration of different pokemon causes drastic evolutionary changes, I wonder if there's any johto mons with changes

• Options
    mega exeggutor is neat but alternate universe sandshrew and vulpix seem like such a weird choice

why not just make new pokemon

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    the idea of "these pokemon are thriving on these tropical islands! by turning into ice-types!" doesn't really track for me, but whatever

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I really like the idea that migration of different pokemon causes drastic evolutionary changes, I wonder if there's any johto mons with changes

The idea is really neat but I'm not sold on the exeggcution we've seen thus far.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I mean ice is super effective against all this grass and flowers

• Options
    So it sounds like "collect these eight gym badges" is out??? Which is fucking rad

Also THERE'S TOTALLY FUSION ATTACKS HELL YES

please watch it with the f-word, weedlord. these are z-moves, where no one is an abhorrent amalgam of tween and monster

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

The idea is really neat but I'm not sold on the exeggcution we've seen thus far.

I will never understand your pokepinions

• Options
    I'm pretty sure it's still "collect these 8 badges"

It's just that now instead of 8 gym leaders it's 4 trial captains and 4 kahunas

• Options
    I mean ice is super effective against all this grass and flowers

Yeah but fire doesn't melt in the tropics like ice does

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

I will never understand your pokepinions

Likewise.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.