As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Switching to [STEAM] could save you 15% or more!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    durance is garbage but he's somehow not the worst character in poe because hirivas exists

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    far cry primal is half off all weekend

if I can't end up landing a Switch, I may just console myself with caveman hijinx

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    durance is garbage but he's somehow not the worst character in poe because hirivas exists

Now I'm not gonna call him the best or nothing (I mean, Edér, Sagani, and Grieving Mother are right there), but I found Hiravias charming. He's not like, someone who I'm gonna become deeply invested in, but if I need someone else in my party to banter with everyone, he's a good pick.

• Options
    you found his constant referencing of having sex with animals charming?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    So should I play Torment or go play Planescape Torment first?

It's all subjective, of course, but Planescape is kinda hard to get into these days, I think. The UI is garbage, and a lot of the mechanics are complicated and obtuse. And I hope you know how AD&D rules work, because the game will not explain any of that.

Torment has a much smoother onboarding, and doesn't require any knowledge of Planescape. But Planescape is a classic for a reason, so if you are undaunted by "thrown in the deep end" experiences, it can still be rewarding.

read/watch an lp of planescape

it's one of my favorite games, but fuck me if I can actually recommend playing it, especially if you're unfamiliar with ad&d rules

Any recommended LPer? It's not gonna be like, DeceasedCrab or someone like that, is it?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    far cry primal is half off all weekend

if I can't end up landing a Switch, I may just console myself with caveman hijinx
    it's fun, and definitely the best far cry

by the end of my game I was carpet bombing enemy bases with my massive owl and dropping bombs filled with bees and lsd bombs while riding on my legendary saber-tooth and clubbing nerds to death

It's all subjective, of course, but Planescape is kinda hard to get into these days, I think. The UI is garbage, and a lot of the mechanics are complicated and obtuse. And I hope you know how AD&D rules work, because the game will not explain any of that.

Torment has a much smoother onboarding, and doesn't require any knowledge of Planescape. But Planescape is a classic for a reason, so if you are undaunted by "thrown in the deep end" experiences, it can still be rewarding.

it's one of my favorite games, but fuck me if I can actually recommend playing it, especially if you're unfamiliar with ad&d rules

Any recommended LPer? It's not gonna be like, DeceasedCrab or someone like that, is it?

the SA lp archives are I think the recommended one?
    I don't actually know lpers of the game since I've played it a bunch before lps really existed

• Options
    also there is a crazy inventor guy in primal that drops you into a pit the first time you meet him and then he pees on you while in the pit

he refers to you as "Piss-man" the rest of the game

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    This is very important

The next Heroes of the Storm character is Probius, the Protoss probe

https://youtu.be/SPxjfQaxZhI

• Options
    missed oppurtunity for Probey McProbeface tbqh

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    you found his constant referencing of having sex with animals charming?

uh yes

that is how I enjoy being charmed

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Oh good

someones adding digimon to Ark now

Now I can see who wins in a fight between monster hunter, pokemon, and digimans

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Oh good

my friend I have authored a 67 volume fanfiction saga that will answer this very question for you

make sure to use a fbi-blocking TOR node to access it as some of these descriptions will go into... great depth

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Oh good

my friend I have authored a 67 volume fanfiction saga that will answer this very question for you

make sure to use a fbi-blocking TOR node to access it as some of these descriptions will go into... great depth

Which pokeman do you think has the deepest butthole? Onyx seems like the safe bet.

• Options
    Oh good

Which pokeman do you think has the deepest butthole? Onyx seems like the safe bet.

a common mistake amongst the uninitiated

let me illuminate you:

fhALw9H.gif

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Oh good

Well, Palkia is the creation Pokemon of space...

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man, Torment. I'm barely a few hours in and I've only done one proper combat bit. Everything else has just been... talking to people.

I appreciate how it seems like actual combat encounters can (mostly) also be resolved nonviolently.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Torment is dense, and is a little difficult to dive into because there's so much to see and read

I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of it, I think (I went nano with a mechanical descriptor, so already got max concentration and machinery)

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Man, Torment. I'm barely a few hours in and I've only done one proper combat bit. Everything else has just been... talking to people.

I appreciate how it seems like actual combat encounters can (mostly) also be resolved nonviolently.

Aside from that tutorial fight, I still haven't had a "proper" combat bit

There was one crisis where I thought I would have to fight, but I just ran every single member of my party out of enemy line-of-sight, told 'em to hide, and then snuck everybody around until I found a peaceful solution

I'm like 10 hours deep into this dang thing and haven't had to take a single life. That's radical.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    This is very important

The next Heroes of the Storm character is Probius, the Protoss probe

https://youtu.be/SPxjfQaxZhI

This video is missing the team chat where probe's team starts shitting all over it for not joining the team fight.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/532320/

de Blob is coming to Steam! I'm screaming rn

I'm amazed it wasn't already on Steam.

it original publisher was thq, when they went under I'd assumed the series was dead forever

this is a really pleasant surprise!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

what's wrong with DeceasedCrab? he's my absolute favourite

• Options
    Durance was like "oh man this dude is a shit lord, but he deals some sick burns. Let's see where this goes." Hirivas was just annoying and I let him go quickly.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    So

do we know when Hitman season 2 is supposed to drop?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    No info yet. Quietly hoping for a zero lead time launch where it's either A) announced and released at E3 or B) shows up for immediate purchase via email just like an Elusive Target

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was hoping for a TV-like season schedule, but if season 2 were to kick off in May, we probably would have heard something already :S

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Not really my type of game, but I must say I did like this neat little thing for the Steam version of Nier Automata

u4nscbad69jj.jpg

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    yeah, finally got into a proper fight in Torment

...and got my ass kicked
    it sure is a Torment game alright
    not even making a play on words

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    How is torment? Should I get it if PoE was my jam?

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »

Would you like PoE if instead of most fights, you almost always had an option to talk your way out instead?

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »

Would you like PoE if instead of most fights, you almost always had an option to talk your way out instead?

Yes, very much.

• Options
    my problem with torment is I played the original

• Options
    my problem with torment is I played the original

I did too! And I heart the new one, so far.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So this thread has essentially bullied me into reinstalling Planescape: Torment. The interface is less bad than I remember, the writing and voice acting are actually better, and the graphics are much, much worse. Like, even with a widescreen patch and text enlarger installed, this game actually hurts my eyes to the point where I can't play it for long stretches.

I'm pleased to see that I wasn't misremembering how dense this game is. If you haven't played it, the first area is a multi-story mausoleum packed with a few dozen non-violent zombies, each of whom has a unique description and maybe a quarter have some form of unique interaction. No wonder I was overwhelmed the first couple of times I tried to play this as a teenager.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I have gotten in 2 real fights, and one I didn't have to kill everyone, I just had to deactivate a few things. The other one I apparently could have avoided.

• Options
    Yeah, I've gotten in ONE fight and that actually seemed pretty avoidable.

I'm currently at a bit of an impasse [Underbelly murder quest spoilers]
    I'm at the point where I know what group is responsible, and I have my suspicions about who may be responsible, but I really want more information before I say who I think it is.

I mean I thiiiink it's the young Dendra O'Hur lady, especially as the head guy said she plays with her hair when she lies or has something to hide, and when I confronted her about what she said in the Circus, she denied knowing anything about it while playing with her hair...

But that Mallet guy is a real dick.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Playing Torment, if a character seemingly can't do anything and hitting the end turn button doesn't do anything, is that a bug or am I a moron

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Playing Torment, if a character seemingly can't do anything and hitting the end turn button doesn't do anything, is that a bug or am I a moron

That seems like a bug.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Nah. You're just trapped until you can discover what can change the nature of a turn. It's got to be a feature.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    to end the turn, first you must create the universe

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »

I hit that bug in the Peerless crisis, like, four or five times. It's a bit of a pain.

This discussion has been closed.