As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] D2 Beta: July 18 for PS4 Preorders; July 19 for XB1; Open Beta July 21-25!

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    So my clan (3 members) and another clan (3 members) are merging for D2. Is there any special reason I should take care of the merge today (before the D2 transfer) or can I wait until D2 to set it up?

I think if you wait until D2 your "Clan" will stay a "Group" on Bungie net and you might have to make a new name etc? Could be wrong about that though as I haven't looked very in depth into it.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Also while I'm here, check out this incredibly epic Atheon challenge kill from last night

http://xboxclips.com/Sir+Landshark/a142c81a-4c6f-4337-9a9c-593d119a5c7d

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Guys it looks like there's a Destiny 2 promotion with Rockstar energy drinks and that is very exciting to me as a person who drinks too many of those in a week.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I'm just so excited to completely start over. That feeling you have when you have no resources or mats or anything, and every drop is significant to you.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm just so excited to completely start over. That feeling you have when you have no resources or mats or anything, and every drop is significant to you.

Yeah, also please release me from my current inventory hell.

Although I disagree about mats. I don't want to have to worry about mats again. Right now I have enough of everything to never have to care about upgrading stuff, which is a nice feeling really.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Anxiety? Frustration? Poor...ish...ness?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Not those feelings. I still remember when I got my first Legendary weapon, and when Zhalo first dropped, which was my first exotic weapon. I was so excited on both those occasions because everything is new and significant. I would actually try out each weapon in patrol to see if I liked it.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Same idea as seasonal characters in Diablo 3, only the investment to get to max level in that game is much less.

I'll be glad to have new content and new stuff to figure out. =D

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Guys it looks like there's a Destiny 2 promotion with Rockstar energy drinks and that is very exciting to me as a person who drinks too many of those in a week.

Man that's a good plan since I'll drink so much of that when I'm off to play d2.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    They need to put those codes on things that are useful. Like milk or bread.

Destiny 2 sponsored by Nature's Own.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    gaming_librariangaming_librarian Turn your face to the sun... Registered User regular
    Question: do we know, is Destiny 2, how buying dance emotes work? Like, are you stuck with the default for your race, or will be able to purchase the other race's as well?
    These are the important questions!

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Question: do we know, is Destiny 2, how buying dance emotes work? Like, are you stuck with the default for your race, or will be able to purchase the other race's as well?
    These are the important questions!

I'd also like to know if I'll be ok playing the PC version PvE with an Xbox controller, or if they're turning off controller aim-assist and tweaking the feedback so it feels good for a mouse but not controller, etc.

• Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular

God, if I could roll up on my kickass Cream of Wheat Sparrow I'd be all over that. Or a ghost that looks like a delicious Fuji Apple.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Or really anything that doesn't taste like carbonated melted urinal cakes.

I like the promotions FFXIV has done with Amazon: "buy anything for this much money, get a code for stuff" I get stuff I'm going to get anyway, and get things for it. Last time I bought Red Bull for a Destiny code, I just poured it down the drain.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Or really anything that doesn't taste like carbonated melted urinal cakes.

I like the promotions FFXIV has done with Amazon: "buy anything for this much money, get a code for stuff" I get stuff I'm going to get anyway, and get things for it. Last time I bought Red Bull for a Destiny code, I just poured it down the drain.

Okay but to be clear you bought a Red Bull.

Promotion successful.

• Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    I don't think anyone's claiming they're not successful. It'd just be nice if it was something that wasn't doing it's best to destroy my heart.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I was feeling a little groggy before attending a wedding this past Saturday and I stopped at a rest stop and purchased a Red Bull and drank it and enjoyed it.

Now, if D2 had come out this week and there were some kind of promotion, I would have probably purchased like three of them, as I did during that D1 promotion. I also would have RSVP'd "No" to the wedding.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    I don't drink energy drinks, and I don't know anyone that drinks them either. So I couldn't even buy them for the codes then give them away.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

oh god not again
    The shitstorm will be even bigger this time.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bREvkxRVJE

You can get in-game items along with chances to win games, a PS4 Pro, and even a motorcycle.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Yes I will take one PS4 Pro please

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    I mean shit given the choice I'd take the PS4 Pro over the motorcycle.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    This will lead to many cases of caffeine/guarana overdose

E: chemicals

Huggles on
  • Options
    Just bounced the last three unlinked inactives on Bungie.net, none of whom have posted to PA in over a year. Pax Arcadia (PS4) is sitting at 75/100. Solid. I'd like to get a new OP ready for our next thread, and maybe do some of the spreadsheet cleanup I've been planning on... I probably have a day or two before we hit pg. 100.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Ah, yes, just got the arctic survivalist MIDA skin!

• Options
    Wait, we can apply shaders to individual armor pieces now? I either... never knew that, knew it and forgot, or... no, I guess those are the only two options. Anyway, that's insane.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Wait, we can apply shaders to individual armor pieces now? I either... never knew that, knew it and forgot, or... no, I guess those are the only two options. Anyway, that's insane.

I mean, there are skins for weapons but nothing has changed for how shaders work with armor except that most exotics take shaders now. Unless you mean in D2, in which I did notice that the way the slots were set up on the armor it appeared as if you could apply different shaders to different pieces of armor to get a more exacting look potentially.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »

I mean, there are skins for weapons but nothing has changed for how shaders work with armor except that most exotics take shaders now. Unless you mean in D2, in which I did notice that the way the slots were set up on the armor it appeared as if you could apply different shaders to different pieces of armor to get a more exacting look potentially.

By "exacting look" I assume you mean "neon-vomit-into-Bill-Cosby's-laundry-basket look"

• Options
    Pax Arcadia Clan Records

As we get ready to close the book on D1 and welcome D2 into our hearts, I thought I'd share some of the clan records listed on Bungie.net. This info is publicly available, but maybe you've never looked into it. In any event:

PS4
    Nightfall
    Crucible
    • Best Single Game Kills: @Redcoat-13: 43
    • Best Score: @Radiation: 41,750
    • Most Precision Kills: @Koz: 21
    • Longest Kill Spre: @Redcoat-13: 30
    • Longest Single Life: @Fawst: 21 hr, 47 min. That one seems, um. Maybe that's an outlier. A bunch of us are tied at 12 min around #13-15, so... longest non-glitched-game life is somewhere between 12 minutes and 21 hours.

Prison of Elders
    • Best Single Game Kills: @GammaUnit01: 751
    • Best Score: @El Mucho: 55,515
    • Most Precision Kills: @lakhesis: 461
    • Longest Kill Streak: @lakhesis: 371
    • Longest Single Life: @Cormac: 7 hrs, 54 min - Yeah, I... This is a weekend camping excursion to the Prison, not a typical PoE run. Ha.

Raid
    I was going to type this out for the Xbox crew as well, but that took too long to type and format, and I'm still at work. Check it out yourselves: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Leaderboards/120365.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I was going to type this out for the Xbox crew as well, but that took too long to type and format, and I'm still at work. Check it out yourselves: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Leaderboards/120365.
    There is a lot of Booker on that page. How did he even get that many kills in one Nightfall?

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Huh, that 7hr 54min thing has to be a bug, but I'll take it. I mean I did have some very long runs trying to kill Skolas.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    How the heck am I 2nd in best score in Crucible?

What game mode is it that's spiking those scores?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    How the heck am I 2nd in best score in Crucible?

What game mode is it that's spiking those scores?

Mayhem.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Also completed The Book of Sunken Costs and it actually gave me the code to order the shirt this time. Was annoyed for a second when it said the offer expired (again), but I refreshed and it came through. Didn't put anything on it, but meh. Done.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    There is a lot of Booker on that page. How did he even get that many kills in one Nightfall?

ElementWrath 3rd longest Crucible Kill Spree: 24

;^;

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    YOU DARE QUESTION MY LONGEVITY?!

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Responded to an lfg post saying that they were looking for someone to carry. Got in, played two cards, they didn't say three words the whole time, they wanted fresh cards after one loss both times, and they called me bad and kicked me out of the party. Feels bad man.

Peen on
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    That sucks, dude. Fuck them

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Yeah, if you want to be called bad and kicked out of the party, at least let me do it. What're friends for, right?

But no seriously fuck those guys, if you're advertising a carry, you forfeit the right to call the player you're carrying bad, especially if you're not communicating.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    RAID
    BEST SINGLE GAME KILLS
    1 ShadrakLor Hunter 40 1732

2 Jefe414 Warlock 40 1621

j5aatc8xiquy.jpg

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414