As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] D2 Beta: July 18 for PS4 Preorders; July 19 for XB1; Open Beta July 21-25!

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    I was going to go with a running Mega Man sprite (sans helmet). But then I saw this big hug and fell in love.

And now, for consistency's sake, I'm wondering if I need to preorder Sonic Mania on PS4 instead of Switch so that I can get a classic Sonic avatar on PSN.
    I was going to go with a running Mega Man sprite (sans helmet). But then I saw this big hug and fell in love.

And now, for consistency's sake, I'm wondering if I need to preorder Sonic Mania on PS4 instead of Switch so that I can get a classic Sonic avatar on PSN.

I thought PSN had custom avatars allowed.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

I thought PSN had custom avatars allowed.

I think they only show if you are "real name" friends.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    So when Destiny 2 comes out everyone change your avatar and it will be like you get to meet everyone all over again.

I will have trouble parting with my googly-eyed chicken gif, because it makes me smile, no matter how salty I am.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Well, it probably won't be too hard to find an appropriate replacement for mine.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Rando Calrissian will never die

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    *cough*

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I think I just settled on a new gamertag. I'll change it shortly.

Soon, I too, shall be trash.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    5 more weeks.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Felwinters Nightstalker is still pretty fun you guys.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    But not as a good as Frostees with T5 Str/Disc I promise

• Options

But you can just do both.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Its been more than 3 weeks since Bungie said they shipped that shirt... Any other europeans waiting forever on that? Seems a little excessive.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular

Yeah totes, that's what I was doing last night and it's good fun.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Its been more than 3 weeks since Bungie said they shipped that shirt... Any other europeans waiting forever on that? Seems a little excessive.

Took me 3 weeks to get it and I'm in merica.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Preacher wrote: »

Its been longer than that, its been 3 weeks since I got the "shipped" message but at least a month and a half since I placed the order.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ahhhh

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Its been longer than that, its been 3 weeks since I got the "shipped" message but at least a month and a half since I placed the order.

Artisan t-shirts take time to fabricate, and can only be delivered by sea. It's on the fastest shipping freighter in the fleet!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

I'm not saying it's your fault. I'm just asking, when's the last time you planted a transmat beacon in Europe, Guardian?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Oh yeah the shirt. Got mine last week. I feel like I should quote my own post and call myself an idiot... but it is a nice shirt. What does the phrase on the front mean again?

• Options
    Peen wrote: »

Yeah totes, that's what I was doing last night and it's good fun.

Oh totally, I just meant it's more effective to use Frostees rather than Felwinters so you still get a super. Crunching some numbers, T5 gives you 25 second cooldowns on melee and grenade. With Frostees you get that in half, so 13 seconds to charge while running. The running only effects first slot, so second melee and grenade are still 25 seconds.

So if you use all melees and grenades, to get to full charge again will take 38 seconds and that's if you run to use Frostees. Pretty good, but not as good as simply using both charges with Frostees once and winding up again with sprint. So Max time for two full grenades and melees with Felwinters: 38 seconds
    Max time to same effect if wombo is used between is 26-27 seconds. I don't think the second charge is worth giving up the super, is all, but that's just me.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    So, remember like last week or two I said it was stupid of Bungie to keep all the API stuff under wraps until launch and how they should let people work for free to make their game better?

So I guess I have to say nice things about Bungie now.

API docs are going up like a week ahead of launch though the API won't be turned on until actual game launch. That is actually pretty reasonable as opening the API is going to spoil a shitton of things. Like ideally they'd have a very limited data set open on it but I can understand that's a bunch more risk and work.

One of the DIM guys is saying they might be able to open it for D2 in a couple days after launch. Depends on technical details and how long it takes them to beat the story.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Being a Canadian with a US mail pickup, I'm suddenly wondering if the mail pickup notification my fiancée is going to get from the States is the wedding dress she ordered from Seattle or my Triumph shirt...

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    Being a Canadian with a US mail pickup, I'm suddenly wondering if the mail pickup notification my fiancée is going to get from the States is the wedding dress she ordered from Seattle or my Triumph shirt...

A crew up happened, she's getting a wedding dress combined with your triumph shirt.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Well, looks like I'll actually be able to do the A Tale of Two Guardians quest! I'd figured I'd just end up never getting that.

• Options
    I stopped halfway through because I got the sword which, aside from emblem and shader, is all I wanted. @Yall if you ever want to finish it I'm down. If I recall we hit a wall based on his LL.

I just assumed they'd make it available to everyone by the end of D1 like the Redbull quest, but nope! The list of armor, weapons and other gubbins you can't get in D1 once D2 hits is gonna be crazy.

• Options
    Also, poor Vance. All he will do post-D1 will exchange useless coins for motes. That's what he gets for following Osiris so... blindly. :biggrin:

• Options
    Gamertag changed to SunriseExigent.

Man that's such a good tag.

• Options
    On the one hand fuck you for the reason previously brought up in the thread, but on the other hand while I'd like to shit talk you for fluffing yourself up again that's actually a pretty good tag

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    On the one hand fuck you for the reason previously brought up in the thread, but on the other hand while I'd like to shit talk you for fluffing yourself up again that's actually a pretty good tag

I expected and invited this response.

And yes, it totally is. ElementWrath is nice and all, but there's a lot going on in this new one that I really like.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Presently crafting the new OP - beer in hand, headphones on, D2 trailers playing. I'm transcribing an awesome Zavala speech for it, but... man, almost every other sentence ends in a preposition. I can't have that. I'm going to need to take some creative license.

These are the things that keep me up at night, thread. THIS IS THE CAUSE TO WHICH I HAVE GIVEN MY LIFE <3

Edit: Ehh, maybe artist's intent trumps my dumb prescriptivism. Judgment call. We'll see.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Update

I'm out of the woods.... It was the dress.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    New OP is ready for deployment. It's not a radical change or anything. Just a foundation for things to come. But I'm excited. Clan mega-roster shakeup probably the next thing happening. Night, all.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Presently crafting the new OP - beer in hand, headphones on, D2 trailers playing. I'm transcribing an awesome Zavala speech for it, but... man, almost every other sentence ends in a preposition. I can't have that. I'm going to need to take some creative license.

These are the things that keep me up at night, thread. THIS IS THE CAUSE TO WHICH I HAVE GIVEN MY LIFE <3

Edit: Ehh, maybe artist's intent trumps my dumb prescriptivism. Judgment call. We'll see.

I was a proofreader in a previous job. Ending sentences with prepositions is totally OK! It's just a style thing - I'd only avoid doing it if the people reading your copy are likely to take (unfounded) exception :D

• Options
    Huggles wrote: »

I was a proofreader in a previous job. Ending sentences with prepositions is totally OK! It's just a style thing - I'd only avoid doing it if the people reading your copy are likely to take (unfounded) exception :D

Especially since contorting your sentence structure into a (generally) antiquated form just makes you seem pretentious or trying to hard :P

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular

Does the new OP feature a prominent mets logo?

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Huggles wrote: »

Especially since contorting your sentence structure into a (generally) antiquated form just makes you seem pretentious or trying to hard :P

And up with this we shall not put!

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Is it September yet?

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    Is it September yet?

I'm tempted to put up a calendar and mark off the days like kids do for Christmas.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    rndmhero wrote: »

Does the new OP feature a prominent mets logo?

The joke's going to be on us when we realize the other side of the Traveller that we have never seen is nothing but a giant Mets logo. A remanent of the gold...err aluminum age.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    Is it September yet?

I'm tempted to put up a calendar and mark off the days like kids do for Christmas.

I want a Destiny advent calendar with a D2 engram behind each door.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian