As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] New Expansion Announced: Battle for Azeroth.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Finally finished farming augunite on my shaman + 935 crafted (except Alch stone because it sucks). 924 ilvl with a single Legendary. Not bad.

rlbv18xjeviy.jpg

Also another color of the demon mount and Resto hidden. Nice.

Overall, I like Argus. Only bad thing, and the source of pretty much all of the complaints about it is that there's too many mobs on the way to get anywhere. But besides that, is a perfectly fine zone, the storyline is good, and the WQs are fun.

EDIT: And 4 of the 5 days eggs on standby. Hopefully they drop a mount.

EDIT 2: Looking at shaman mogs and Blizz, really. Bright orange isn't a cool color.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Orange and green are complimentary though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    put in another hour of attempts on the Prot Pally challenge after gaining about 10 Ilvls. I can usually get past the inquisitor now, but the main issue I keep running into now is missing the big hit cues so I don't have sotr buff up (also, the infernals not going away in phase 2 makes it a tad harder to get it up since I have to constantly dodge their knock backs).

I'm wondering if Seraphim is still the way to go with it after the nerf, I keep looking at Last Defender...

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    First ToV heroic clear with the Shaman and got the Raid Finder set, the Heroic set for being the first time AND the Enhancement Hidden appereance (not on picture since logged off as Ele):
    y2jwlk9x220u.jpg
    Having fun. Also, solved my mog problem.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I got two (!!) Legendaries running Legion raids today. Now the only BM Legendary I'm missing is the boots. Predictably for how RNG works in WoW, those are (likely, going by sims) my best in slot and also the item that have by far the most interesting effect on my rotation.

:rotate:

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    You got two legendaries on same character in one day?!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I got two (!!) Legendaries running Legion raids today. Now the only BM Legendary I'm missing is the boots. Predictably for how RNG works in WoW, those are (likely, going by sims) my best in slot and also the item that have by far the most interesting effect on my rotation.

:rotate:

I got the boots as my first drop ..... :D

• Options
    edited September 2017
    70f9b25p75zv.jpg
    Another mount, this one from the eggs. Also, changed the hair color, it does work better with this mog.

Also, on Upper M+, the entire group couldn't target the explosives on the bridge before chess. Like, literally tried to click them and they didn't got selected. So that's a thing.

EDIT: Asked around and the add before chess does some orbs of his own, with the same animation, in which you sit inside to reduce damage. Oooh. That's weird.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    You got two legendaries on same character in one day?!

Second time it's happened, too (I got the Bracers and Shoulders from consecutive rep boxes a few weeks ago). The order I get stuff in hasn't been ideal but I've had good luck getting them at a decent clip.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Heroic KJ down!

With no tanks alive for the final 10%!

That was so scary!
    Shoulda seen him pre-nerf. Even a month after our first kill he could still cause a bad night of wiping for an hour. Armageddon is just a particularly nasty mechanic.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I noticed no difference in placement after tyre nerf though. They still go all over the place but they sure as shit hide under his ass more often now.

The true nerf was the 15 ilvl boost to weapons. Not even close to enrage with half the raid dead for the last part.

• Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Also, on Upper M+, the entire group couldn't target the explosives on the bridge before chess. Like, literally tried to click them and they didn't got selected. So that's a thing.

EDIT: Asked around and the add before chess does some orbs of his own, with the same animation, in which you sit inside to reduce damage. Oooh. That's weird.

I was doing a DHT +9 yesterday and had the same thing happen. Couldn't target the orbs and caused a wipe.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    that's a different thing; the adds on the bridge before chess spawn bomb orbs that you're supposed to stand on, which coincidentally use the same model as explosive orbs

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Also same model the ToS trinket where it gives you a buff that you can extend duration of by collecting orbs that spawn around you

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So I found out once again Blizzard did the dumb thing of putting in a pet in the current raids
    The nightmare whelp . NO I am not going to pay your guild for it no I am not paying 50k for it

So I thought I would go on my priest for a chance at it and once again I got into a lfr raid that was over
    Why doesn't the game tell you this? I thought they fixed it?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So I found out once again Blizzard did the dumb thing of putting in a pet in the current raids
    The nightmare whelp . NO I am not going to pay your guild for it no I am not paying 50k for it

So I thought I would go on my priest for a chance at it and once again I got into a lfr raid that was over

That's the one from Dragons of Nightmare, right? Emerald Nightmare is easily puggable on Normal and Heroic now (you can kinda PUG Mythic but the mechanics will still catch you up).

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

That's the one from Dragons of Nightmare, right? Emerald Nightmare is easily puggable on Normal and Heroic now (you can kinda PUG Mythic but the mechanics will still catch you up).

I am on Windrunner it's dead
    Like it's grave is overgrown dead

I was more mad I did the LFR and when I got into it was whole thing was over why doesn't it tell it the whole thing is dead when you join

• Options
    edited September 2017
    If you can do Tomb Raid Finder, you can sleepwalk through Normal and Heroic Emerald Nightmare. Hell, a lot of people do it just for legendary chances (like me!).

Also, use the Premade Groups option. Can easily get a group there since is cross server, pretty much cleared:
    • Normal Tomb.
    • Heroic and Normal Trial of Valor.
    • Heroic and Normal Emerald Nightmare.

This weekend without any issue whatsoever with an alt that just got to cap last Sunday.

EDIT: 1.19% drop chance on that pet. That explains why I didn't knew that even existed.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I am on Windrunner it's dead
    Like it's grave is overgrown dead

What does your realm have to do with pugging raids?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Yeah just go to the Premade Groups option at the bottom of the group finder window, below the dungeon group and raid finder options, then go to the Legion Raids category, and search for Emerald Nightmare (Normal) or Emerald Nightmare (Heroic) and you will find groups. That functionality is totally cross-server.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Bring Ahead of the Curve and 950 iLvl.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

I often wonder how wow culture would translate to real life.

"Hi, can I play football with you guys tonight?"
    "Sorry, only people with a superbowl ring can join us"
    "What?"

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »

"What?"

If you regularly had people with a Superbowl ring available wanting to join your pickup games then you'd probably have high standards too.

It's the availability of highly progressed raiders looking to PUG their heroic kills for the week that leads to high standards.

It's the same reason that +10 keystone runs who are PUGing won't accept DPS at 920 ilvl, even though you could probably complete the +10 with a group of 900 ilvl people. The moment you list for DPS in a +10 pug, you get pages and pages of 940+ DPS looking to get their key done for the week. Why would you intentionally take anyone but them?

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Mc zany wrote: »

"What?"

If you regularly had people with a Superbowl ring available wanting to join your pickup games then you'd probably have high standards too.

It's the availability of highly progressed raiders looking to PUG their heroic kills for the week that leads to high standards.

It's the same reason that +10 keystone runs who are PUGing won't accept DPS at 920 ilvl, even though you could probably complete the +10 with a group of 900 ilvl people. The moment you list for DPS in a +10 pug, you get pages and pages of 940+ DPS looking to get their key done for the week. Why would you intentionally take anyone but them?

That is all great, but doesn't make it any better nor is it valid justification.

But we have been over that a million times. Also, speak for yourself. YOU might have higher standards, but if I were to use myself as a basis and say we do not I would likely be speaking for more people than you think. Hell, many of us here would likely pick people NOT overqualified. In all honesty, if you are ilvl 890 doing most of those normal and heroic raids is going to be an absolute joke. Like raiders doing normal dungeons level joke. I think mythic +0s have been scaled in difficulty to be above normal EN at this point.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    So you're making a group for a dungeon or raid, you need two DPS, you've got a page full of applicants, 10-15 of them, and half of them are 940 and linking you mythic raid achievements, you're going to scroll through the list and intentionally find the 890 people just to invite them?

Not buying it.

Nobody does it out of malice, it's done out of a desire to get the best chance of a successful run.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    So you're making a group for a dungeon or raid, you need two DPS, you've got a page full of applicants, 10-15 of them, and half of them are 940 and linking you mythic raid achievements, you're going to scroll through the list and intentionally find the 890 people just to invite them?

Not buying it.

Nobody does it out of malice, it's done out of a desire to get the best chance of a successful run.

Yeah, I would absolutely go out of my way to not take 940 people because they're way more likely to be intensely unpleasant to group with. And if I already have a partial group I'm merely filling up? Then I don't need much from the pugs and will likely actively seek out someone who would benefit from it more, precisely because of that attitude.

Granted, I basically don't pug anything at all any more, but when I did that's how it was.

Mostly the unpleasant thing, though.

• Options
    You're stereoytyping as hard as the people who assume anyone who isn't 940 is bad.

• Options
    Kai_San was warned for this.

Not buying it.

We have had THAT conversation before and every time, people told you this. Do you selectively forget or something?

Let me be a dick about it then because people remember that more. No, some of us are not as elitist as you. Period. There is more to this game than just the haves and the have nots.

If I could make someone's day by giving them a shot and passing up someone who will get invited in a heartbeat anyway then you have to be a special kind of heartless not to.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Whether or not people in this thread will go out of their way to help a rando, it's an undeniable fact that the higher your ilvl, the more likely you are to get accepted to PUGs.

I really don't think you can blame people for that, either. 90% of players just want to get the content done. They're going to grab people with the best gear, because then even if they're a potato they'll have a modicum of effectiveness.

You can get angry at strangers for that, I won't tell people not to think it's unfair, but it's also been the nature of online games basically forever and I don't see it changing.

Somewhat more pragmatically, currently you can get to >910 just from Veiled Argunite, without ever touching a single raid or Mythic+, getting normal ToS or any lower-tier raid PUGs should be totally possible for everyone.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Unfortunately catchup mechanics don't tend to affect the behaviour of PUGs much. Item level expectations are usually set by the supply of people at a given ilvl, not by how easy it is to cget close. Normal TOS can be crushed by a raid full of people at 910 but if there's an ample supply of people at 925 then the 910 people will still get left in the cold.

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Speaking of undergeared losers who won't get invited into anything, I'm a 904 healer who came back into the game with my wife after a break. Is Argus dailies our best bet at trying to gear up? Or trying to get into Mythics at lower tier?

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »

Not buying it.

We have had THAT conversation before and every time, people told you this. Do you selectively forget or something?

Let me be a dick about it then because people remember that more. No, some of us are not as elitist as you. Period. There is more to this game than just the haves and the have nots.

If I could make someone's day by giving them a shot and passing up someone who will get invited in a heartbeat anyway then you have to be a special kind of heartless not to.

Arguments for it should be vs how it is for $500, Alex.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    *cough*This is why auto grouping is superior and they should stop forcing manual groups*cough*

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Nyht wrote: »
    Speaking of undergeared losers who won't get invited into anything, I'm a 904 healer who came back into the game with my wife after a break. Is Argus dailies our best bet at trying to gear up? Or trying to get into Mythics at lower tier?

Dailies + mass rare/invasion/chest farming + 935 crafted gear put me at 924 or so, so there's that.

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular

Dailies + mass rare/invasion/chest farming + 935 crafted gear put me at 924 or so, so there's that.

Just what I needed, thanks.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    The only time I have gotten angry at a ilvl requirement in group finder was when the title listed a 925 requirement, but the "minimum ilvl" (i.e. the leader's ilvl) was 918. Asking for a high ilvl requirement when you yourself don't meet it is just a dick move.

Otherwise, there are a variety of groups running content that will be more than happy to take lower geared people.
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I noticed no difference in placement after tyre nerf though. They still go all over the place but they sure as shit hide under his ass more often now.

The true nerf was the 15 ilvl boost to weapons. Not even close to enrage with half the raid dead for the last part.

Yeah, doing H KJ post nerf, the Armageddon change was barely noticeable. Which sucks, because it's the part most likely to kill people.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Just what I needed, thanks.

The important thing is to gather veiled argunite. You'll get it from just about everything on Argus, but there's also a couple of weekly quests that give you big chunks of it, so always do those (after you've unlocked them). The veiled argunite can be traded to the ethereal on the Vindicaar for tokens that turn into 910+ gear.

edit: Numbers.

reVerse on
  • Options
    The tokens are 910, but they have the same Titanforging chance as anything. I have a 955 ring from them and some 935 boots.

• Options
    The tokens are 910, but they have the same Titanforging chance as anything. I have a 955 ring from them and some 935 boots.

I got 950 titanforged boots from the token. Definitely made the argument for me which legendary i should be wearing (not the boots).
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    *cough*This is why auto grouping is superior and they should stop forcing manual groups*cough*

Blizzard tried "hard content you can q for" in Cataclysm (heroic dungeons were genuinely hard on release) and their forums melted down in tears and a ton of people quit with that as their reason. It's like starting a single player game, get the difficulty choice of casual/easy/normal/hard/insane, choosing insane, then getting very upset when it takes several wipes to get past the first boss (or not at all). But people will q for hardest content available if it gives best reward, even if they actively hate it the whole time they are doing it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Blizzard tried "hard content you can q for" in Cataclysm (heroic dungeons were genuinely hard on release) and their forums melted down in tears and a ton of people quit with that as their reason. It's like starting a single player game, get the difficulty choice of casual/easy/normal/hard/insane, choosing insane, then getting very upset when it takes several wipes to get past the first boss (or not at all). But people will q for hardest content available if it gives best reward, even if they actively hate it the whole time they are doing it.

It's not really hard content though. There isn't anything inherently hard about Mythic not-plus, but you can't queue for it and most quests and everything else require Mythic.

I'm not asking to be able to queue for Mythic +10 or anything. I just want to be able to do my damn quests without having to wade through group finder hell.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
This discussion has been closed.