As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

this Wii Thread had a terrible name so I changed it

• Options
    blue powderblue powder Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just started playing Twilight Princess and fucking love it. I'm looking foward to playing Paper Mario aswell. Especially dragonball Z tenkashi, or whatever, that looks fucking rad, is it any good?

blue powder on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    is a dragonball z game any good?

i think you may have answered your own question

Knob on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nuzak wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    No More Heroes has been one game I've held out hope for throughout the Wii's continual disappointment. It looks like it might be funny, weird, visually interesting, and have some pretty decent action scenes.

rocket launcher for a leg
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/79431.html

G4/trailer/talkie thing. The oh-so-clever-and-slightly-smarmy Adam and Morgan run their mouthes a lot, but there is some good stuff here. Travis is a huge fan of anime and pro wrestling, so he does wrestling moves too! And the whacking off, err umm... sword-charging thing looks hilarious and bizarre.

this game looks totally awesome

haha no mom i am charging my beam katana, honest

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    Knob wrote: »

the budokai games actually aren't that bad

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Normally this would be the case

But Tenkaichi is a good game

Green on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »

the budokai games actually aren't that bad

i'll take your word for it

Knob on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Budokai 3 is going to have online for the wii version so I would wait for that.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The dragonball game was definitely more fun than I thought it would be. The controls are surprisingly deep, too.

Javen on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    all the new Galaxy footage is of Bee Mario but I really want to see Boo Mario in action

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2007
    I just rented the Bigs for the Wii because I want to play a baseball game really bad

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    renting a baseball game is really good for wanting to play a baseball game

also new gametrailers video for Galaxy, with a pretty spiffy concept near the end

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I just rented the Bigs for the Wii because I want to play a baseball game really bad

report: fuck this game

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    that bad, eh?

I've been trying to rent it since it came out but GF never seems to have a copy in

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    the pitching is fucked up

instead of letting you mimic a pitching motion it does some weird shit where you have to pick your pitch by tilting the remote

and you have to leave the nunchuck plugged in which is fucked when you're trying to swing the bat

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    also I let up like 10 runs in the first inning and half were because the fielding is retarded

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Use more steroids.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    put the Wii remote against your inner elbow and press B to inject

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    they look pretty roided up already

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    that's because they're fucking baseball players

god

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    chubschubs Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No More Heroes has been one game I've held out hope for throughout the Wii's continual disappointment. It looks like it might be funny, weird, visually interesting, and have some pretty decent action scenes.

Are you excluding Nintendo titles here? Because, if not, then uh... what

Edit: OH. I misread that as "the one game". Carry on.

To contribute, I'm glad to hear from the newspost that SMG isn't lacking in difficulty, but does anyone else think that doing a spin attack by shaking the Wii remote looks to be kind of frustrating and innacurate? This might just be because most of the people who are playing the game during the videos are terrible at it.

chubs on
  • Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Guys my wiimote is flashing all four lights at me like the battery is dead, but I just put fresh ones in it, and it won't work

halp

Favlaud on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    maybe it just needs to be resynced?

try unplugging your wii for a minute

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    slap it around a little

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Power-cycling it worked

Thx keith <3

Favlaud on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Joon wrote: »
    my only beef with twilight princess is that the rewards for the extra stuff sucked.

Nintendo seems to be working under the philosophy that the side quests and getting 100% in their games are the rewards themselves.

Mario 64: Hey, it's Yoshi! Shit, I can't ride him? Lame. 100 extra lives? What the fuck for, I did everything already.

Sunshine: Oh hey, the "Congratulations!" wallpaper at the end changed. That's it? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

The worst was Super Mario World. It wasn't a 100% reward, but the Star Road thing...terrible. Wow, now the graphics are all acid-trippy! Great! Except I can't turn it back off!

Defender on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    The N64 Paper Mario is awesome, even better than the GC one.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    chubs wrote: »

Are you excluding Nintendo titles here? Because, if not, then uh... what

Edit: OH. I misread that as "the one game". Carry on.

To contribute, I'm glad to hear from the newspost that SMG isn't lacking in difficulty, but does anyone else think that doing a spin attack by shaking the Wii remote looks to be kind of frustrating and innacurate? This might just be because most of the people who are playing the game during the videos are terrible at it.

The Wiimote should not be used for discrete commands. "Do my spin move" is a discrete command. Also, the excuse "the people playing weren't good at it" is not an acceptable excuse for ANYTHING on the Wii unless the people are completely retarded; remember the Wiimote is supposed to be "intuitive" and "easy to use" to the point where non-gamers can do it with ease. So if ANYONE has trouble with it, it's a failure of the Wiimote to deliver on Nintendo's promise. I understand that it doesn't mean that the Wiimote is shit, but if you're gonna say "this is easier than button-based systems," you better not come back later with "well, the user is inexperienced." The whole original argument was that user experience is not needed.

Pointing and shooting star shards is something that makes good use of the Wiimote. But things that should go on a button? Don't put that shit on the Wiimote. Gesture recognition is inherently less accurate an input method than button-pressing.

Defender on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    my only beef with twilight princess is that the rewards for the extra stuff sucked.

Nintendo seems to be working under the philosophy that the side quests and getting 100% in their games are the rewards themselves.

Mario 64: Hey, it's Yoshi! Shit, I can't ride him? Lame. 100 extra lives? What the fuck for, I did everything already.

Sunshine: Oh hey, the "Congratulations!" wallpaper at the end changed. That's it? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

The worst was Super Mario World. It wasn't a 100% reward, but the Star Road thing...terrible. Wow, now the graphics are all acid-trippy! Great! Except I can't turn it back off!

Special World was awesome.

jackal on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    shut up don't talk about places where I haven't been yet okay

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    jackal wrote: »

Special World was awesome.

Yeah, the secret star world was great. And the weird graphical shift was interesting FOR A LITTLE BIT, but what sucks is that once you do that, you can't go back to regular mode. So if I just wanna walk around and replay my favorite levels with the "normal" graphics, I can't do it. I have to start a new save slot and work my way up. I would really like it better if that last thing at the end of the secret worlds was a switch that would turn on/off the screwy graphics so I wouldn't be stuck with it.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh and also I can't find the fucking secret on the Butter Bridge. I've combed that level extensively and I simply cannot find it.

Defender on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The ghost town is next with that "Invincible Somethingsomething" guy.

My hammer makes funny noises :D

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh and also I can't find the fucking secret on the Butter Bridge. I've combed that level extensively and I simply cannot find it.

I figured that out when I was 10.

It's simple.

Ahahahaha.

Here's the answer, look if you dare.
    It's behind the main exit. To get to it you have to jump, with Yoshi, under the exit and use Yoshi as a Springboard to get back up to the platform. Once you're behind the main exit you just walk onward to the main secret exit. How did I figure this out? I noticed there were those signs that tell you the goal is near... behind the goal.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pata wrote: »

It's simple.

Ahahahaha.

It's behind the main exit. To get to it you have to jump, with Yoshi, under the exit and use Yoshi as a Springboard to get back up to the platform. Once you're behind the main exit you just walk onward to the main secret exit. How did I figure this out? I noticed there were those signs that tell you the goal is near... behind the goal.
    I flew under the goal with cape Mario.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Voth wrote: »
    Pata wrote: »

It's simple.

Ahahahaha.

I flew under the goal with cape Mario.

No, I found that one, that was trivial. I'm thinking of something else.

Defender on
  • Options
    StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Defender your complaint strikes me like wanting to replay the dungeons in Zelda except now I have 20 hearts and I should be able to turn those off again if I want.

I think Mario games do a good job at giving you little benefits to show your accomplishments.

Strato on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Strato wrote: »
    Defender your complaint strikes me like wanting to replay the dungeons in Zelda except now I have 20 hearts and I should be able to turn those off again if I want.

I think Mario games do a good job at giving you little benefits to show your accomplishments.

Zelda and Mario are a little different; in Zelda, your character gets more powerful as the game goes on. In Mario, you are a few hits from being dead, and a few power-ups from being at maximum power, at any given moment.

The issue I have with Mario is that the weird-ass mix-and-match graphics get annoying kind of quickly and then I can't deactivate them.

Defender on
This discussion has been closed.