As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

this Wii Thread had a terrible name so I changed it

• Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Gym wrote: »
    I can't even really think of a game that might come out that I'd buy.

maybe Kirby Super Star, but that probably isn't slated to come out

Kirby Super Star
    Kirby's Dream Land 3
    Terranigma (fucking god dammit give me it)
    Earthbound

Oh God, Terranigma is the best SNES RPG by far.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    as far as Metroid I've only played Zero Mission and the first Prime

and I only put about ten to twenty minutes into each

You are a terrible person.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    Super Metroid was a great game. I think the best part was the beginning, though. Up to, I guess, the end of the first boss battle. By which I mean Kraid, not the Chozo statue fight.

Don't you just walk through an empty ship and then fight Kraid?

I liked where you get the super dash and just run through dudes and then flyyyyyyyy

Strato on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Strato wrote: »
    Super Metroid was a great game. I think the best part was the beginning, though. Up to, I guess, the end of the first boss battle. By which I mean Kraid, not the Chozo statue fight.

I liked where you get the super dash and just run through dudes and then flyyyyyyyy

you fight ridley

kraid is the massive fat green bugger who takes up the whole screen

Nuzak on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nuzak wrote: »
    Strato wrote: »

you fight ridley

kraid is the massive fat green bugger who takes up the whole screen

Also, that's no ship...it's a space station.

Unless you mean the crashed vessel on the planet, but that's Phantom or Phantos or whatever, and that's the boss after Kraid.

Kraid is right around when you first discover Norfair (lava zone) and you can get the high-jump boots right before battling him, but you can't go much further because the heat of Norfair drains your energy unless you are wearing the Varia suit (which is what Kraid is guarding).

Defender on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    isn't that plant pendulum thing the first boss after the chozo statue?

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh yeah, shit, I totally forgot about that one.

For some reason, I only think of the four major bosses. The early Ridley fight, the Chozo statue, and the Plant thing...I sometimes just forget them altogether.

Defender on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PotU wrote: »

Kirby Super Star
    Kirby's Dream Land 3
    Earthbound

WANT! I loved Illusion of Gaia, but I never played the other two games. I wouldn't exactly mind Soul Blazer either.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh yeah, shit, I totally forgot about that one.

For some reason, I only think of the four major bosses. The early Ridley fight, the Chozo statue, and the Plant thing...I sometimes just forget them altogether.

i restarted my file because of this thread, and then got pissed off because i'm just about to face crocomire with not enough missiles to push him into the lava

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    See, there's another boss I forgot about. I don't want to label the game as "forgettable," but I do seem to forget a lot of it. I guess I want to call them mini-bosses or something. There are really four major boss battles in that game.

EDIT: FIVE major boss battles, what the fuck is with my head today? Four bosses plus, of course, Mother Brain's two stages and then the escape sequence.

Defender on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    jackal wrote: »

Kirby Super Star
    Kirby's Dream Land 3
    Earthbound

WANT! I loved Illusion of Gaia, but I never played the other two games. I wouldn't exactly mind Soul Blazer either.

I have Illusion of Gaia and Soul Blazer. Some Euro/Aussie-fag needs to send me Terranigma

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Kirby Super Star
    Kirby's Dream Land 3
    Earthbound

I have Illusion of Gaia and Soul Blazer. Some Euro/Aussie-fag needs to send me Terranigma

You'd need a PAL SNES.

I have two.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007

Kirby Super Star
    Kirby's Dream Land 3
    Earthbound

You'd need a PAL SNES.

I have two.

give me one

and terranigma

plz

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Kirby Super Star
    Kirby's Dream Land 3
    Earthbound

You'd need a PAL SNES.

I have two.

give me one

and terranigma

plz

kk

lol jk

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Kirby Super Star
    Kirby's Dream Land 3
    Earthbound

You'd need a PAL SNES.

I have two.

give me one

and terranigma

plz

kk

lol jk

:(

seriously though if there's a way for you to get me terranigma i will pay you for it and extra

as long as it's not buttfuckingly expensive

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I don't know, finding a cartidge and a SNES may not be that hard, but I don't know how much it would cost.

Just hope I'm your secret satan this year, I guess.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    well you don't need to find an SNES

i can get them pretty easily (well, easier than the game)

or i can just mod my system

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Paper Mario

Balloon Fight

...Silent Debuggers?

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'll see what I can do, but I can't promise that I can find it anywhere.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'll see what I can do, but I can't promise that I can find it anywhere.

and i can't promise that i won't kill this puppy

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I havent bothered searching for a Wii since early release months, are they still nigh impossible to find? Granted I am in the city so I am sure I could find one if I really looked, but I am just curious.

Aretè on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Aretè wrote: »
    I havent bothered searching for a Wii since early release months, are they still nigh impossible to find? Granted I am in the city so I am sure I could find one if I really looked, but I am just curious.

yes

it's retarded

fuck you, nintendo

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Then you get one and realize that there is approximately 2 games out that are any good and one already came with it.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Then you get one and realize that there is approximately 2 games out that are any good and one already came with it.

yeah but there are three games coming out later this year that are worth buying!

it's so worth it!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Captain HeavysteinCaptain Heavystein Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

yeah but there are three games coming out later this year that are worth buying!

it's so worth it!

If you can get your hands on it, and I mean IF (thank you, TDOT), it is an extremely worthwhile system. No, there aren't a lot of games. However, I have not had so much colaberative gametime on one device since the genesis. If you don't like to play with other people, forget it.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    video game system has small game selection after 8 months, alert the fucking presses

Zek on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    video game system has small game selection after 8 months and into the foreseeable future, alert the fucking presses

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    video game system has small game selection after 8 months, alert the fucking presses

three games from now until the end of the year worth getting

that's over a year after it launched

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

it's so worth it!

If you can get your hands on it, and I mean IF (thank you, TDOT), it is an extremely worthwhile system. No, there aren't a lot of games. However, I have not had so much colaberative gametime on one device since the genesis. If you don't like to play with other people, forget it.

i've had one since a day before launch and i have a whole three games for it

coincidentally enough, all three are gamecube games with tacked-on controls

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I've had it since a month after launch and I only periodically turn it on to check to see if it still works. I think it's in a Shoprite bag under my bed.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited July 2007
    oh hey

I've had it since launch and I have eight games, plus Wii Sports, and there are still some games out that I want to grab when they're a bit cheaper

Menace on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    what games do you have, menace

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited July 2007
    I have Madden, Zelda, WarioWare, Marvel UA, Rayman, WiiPlay, Paper Mario, and Mario Party 8

Marvel and WiiPlay aren't great, but the rest still get played quite a bit now

Menace on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Eh, I count like 10, but I must have lower expectations.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

it's so worth it!

i've had one since a day before launch and i have a whole three games for it

coincidentally enough, all three are gamecube games with tacked-on controls

And honestly, that's all that the DS library is that everyone raves over.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited July 2007
    the Phoenix Wright games are just GBA games with tacked on touch screen stuff

who would want a DS I mean seriously

Menace on
  • Options
    Octopus MelodyOctopus Melody Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I must have pretty low standards for games, since Wii has had plenty for me. Plus barely enough time to play the ones I have anyways. Wii Sports, Zelda, Paper Mario, Sonic & the Secret Rings, Trauma Center, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and WarioWare. Theres even more games I wanted but cant justify buying yet due to lack of funds+time, like Metal Slug Anthology, that DBZ fighting game, RE4, and Elebits.

And thats not counting the half a dozen games I got off Virtual Console.

Octopus Melody on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I love my Wii and I don't regret that I bought it the day it came out.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Reigner wrote: »

Eh, I count like 10, but I must have lower expectations.

And what is coming out that you are looking forward to this year besides MP3, Galaxy, and Brawl?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Using Gamefaqs' upcoming titles list, there are 3 games I know I'll be buying (Metroid, Mario, Smash), and one I might buy depending on if it's good (Rayman).

Garlic Bread on
This discussion has been closed.