Options

[Steam]: Where games are collected and sometimes even played!

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Need more people to play Styx so they can join me in janky stealth land.

Also the story is pretty good.

1 or 2? I loved 1, especially how vertical the levels were. I've not gotten around to playing 2 yet except the first level. If you played both, how does it compare ?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    2's story is a little bit weaker but still brings all the same great janky gameplay plus some new tools and abilities.

I would not skip to 2 before 1 though so you're good if in the mood for some asshole goblin stealth action.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Is the Rise of the Tomb Raider in this Humble Bundle thing the whole enchilada or is it lacking the season pass? You can't buy just Rise by itself on Steam but you can buy a pass so I am confused.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Is the Rise of the Tomb Raider in this Humble Bundle thing the whole enchilada or is it lacking the season pass? You can't buy just Rise by itself on Steam but you can buy a pass so I am confused.

It lacks the season pass; I don't think you can buy this package directly through Steam any more.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007657653-September-2018-Monthly-Early-Unlock-Content-info
    What version of Rise of the Tomb Raider is being offered?

This version is not the same as the 20 Year Celebration version being sold on Steam. This version is the base game version of Rise of the Tomb Raider; it does not contain the DLC. The Steam package ID is 88037

• Options
    Oh also Styx 2 brings in death screens that always made me laugh...especially when I had laughably bad deaths.

But if they're annoying to you, you can turn them off!

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Oh Christ. I voted for Nioh because I thought it said "Nier"

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Oh Christ. I voted for Nioh because I thought it said "Nier"

Pretty much the same thing.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Wait...you're not Santa Claustrophobia...

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Stabs already played Nier.

• Options
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Stabs already played Nier.

Both of em :P

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Man, I really love seeing an indie dev's game being successful, and that dev turning around and using that money to make something else really cool.

It's pretty impressive how well the dude has manage to recreate the original low-bit 2d pixel art to high def 3d.

• Options
    I think I have about a dozen roguelikes but this is def going on the wishlist

• Options
    RoR1 seemed one of the lightest of the roguelike-lites due to levels always having the same layout (only the location of the portal and what enemies spawned to defend it changed) which made it much more bearable as you wielded your electric guitar into the fray.

Seriously, rougelites have made me appreciate the effort put into level design--nothing against roguelites per say.

• Options
    I'd love to see Hyper Light Drifter get this treatment. Though you could argue that's what Furi is

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I finally got to play some proper games of Risk of Rain a week or two ago. I played some local multiplayer with the roommate's kids while they were here, and it was a lot of fun! The only issue is that we hadn't unlocked any other characters except the commando, and they game doesn't clearly label who is who in local co-op. We were getting very confused about who was who.

Never did end up unlocking any other characters too.

That RoR2 trailer looks great!

• Options
    Not sure if this has been posted or not but a remaster of the original Bard's Tale trilogy from the 80s is hitting Steam in a few days.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Finally watched some of the DOOM Eternal footage and yes please, I look forward to this. I am pretty sure I witnessed humanoid demons fighting with the other demons like in classic Doom and Doom 2. And I definitely witnessed DOOMguy punch a humanoid demon in the head so hard that its head was buried into its torso, as if he had just hammered a post into the ground.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Quake Champions is free to play now, it's probably the best you're gonna get out of an arena shooter in 2018.

• Options
    Also, I bought Monster Hunter World. I am not sure who to blame here, but most of chat is probably guilty.

But I'm already second-guessing myself, so I suppose I have 2 hours to change my mind. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Also, I bought Monster Hunter World. I am not sure who to blame here, but most of chat is probably guilty.

But I'm already second-guessing myself, so I suppose I have 2 hours to change my mind. :lol:

“Now that I’ve finally created my character, I can get into the game and see if I like it before the refund window closes.

“...

“What do you mean I’ve been playing for 12 hours already?”

• Options
    That's probably not far from the truth of it.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    maybe I was wrong on MHW

*watches twitch stream*

*collects mushrooms and old tracks*

Nah I'm good

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Picking up stuff is incidental to chasing down the monster you're hunting, you can grab it while you're sprinting after them and then resume the pursuit no problem.

• Options
    Sure sure, but am I doing that as a palico?

Check and mate.
    Basically that stream did not sell the game

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_d0KO6QS5c

Doom Eternal looks good, but I couldn't help feeling annoyed that they gave Doomslayer a blade. When I melee kill an demon I want to be ripping them apart with my bare hands. Because even without their weapons Doomslayer is still an unstoppable machine. Stabbing or slicing them just doesn't have the same impact.

That said everything else is neat. Especially the grappling hook.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    When I melee kill an demon I want to be ripping them apart with my bare hands. Because even without their weapons Doomslayer is still an unstoppable machine. Stabbing or slicing them just doesn't have the same impact.

*nervously scoots away from Heatwave*

• Options
    *gleefully scoots closer to Heatwave*

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Not sure if this has been posted or not but a remaster of the original Bard's Tale trilogy from the 80s is hitting Steam in a few days.

Bard's Tale 3 was my very first RPG and I'm pretty sure it's the reason I'm into the games I am.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    If they only made the grappling hook more of a lasso, and gave Doom Guy a knee slide and kick. Bulletstorm 2!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    If they only made the grappling hook more of a lasso, and gave Doom Guy a knee slide and kick. Bulletstorm 2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRB8Jor8tPs

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Hunt: Showdown is a brilliant concept but I'm finding it frustrating. I'll keep holding out for Death garden.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    When I melee kill an demon I want to be ripping them apart with my bare hands. Because even without their weapons Doomslayer is still an unstoppable machine. Stabbing or slicing them just doesn't have the same impact.

*nervously scoots away from Heatwave*

If bathing in the blood of a horde of dead demons is wrong then I don't want to be right :P

Also this keyboard and mouse gameplay makes the game look even better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGwquN6d5sM&feature=youtu.be

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    I feel like a complete idiot saying this given how much I enjoyed DOOM recently, but... I'm actually even more hyped for Rage 2 right now

qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    Jaunty wrote: »
    I feel like a complete idiot saying this given how much I enjoyed DOOM recently, but... I'm actually even more hyped for Rage 2 right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2avXbTFsXBc

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Yep, blew through my 2 hour refund window and barely through character creation.

>.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Doom eternal looks like what I dreamed games would be in the future as a kid

The physical humour/ ultraviolence slapstick is sublime

Dragging the guy with the key

Punching a demon in the top of the head so hard it goes into his chest and he makes a little "weep what happened" noise before dying

Prohass on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Yep, blew through my 2 hour refund window and barely through character creation.

>.>

Sounds like a perfect game then.

*Added to wish list*

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Feel bad having beaten shadiw warrior, duke nukem, and first doom.

Really the peak of that type of game.

What was the nane of bombshell's game?

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

I'm old, so I immediately think punch with a spiked knuckleduster (extra fun with the berserk kit - punch imp in face so hard it explodes into gooey chunks). Followed in short order by a chainsaw... that doesn't have a fuel limit.

You know, ideally.