JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    if garrosh was orc hitler, sylvanas is undead nixon

nathanos is spiro agnew

Nah Nathanos still has a head.

Headless_body_of_Agnew.jpg

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    nathanos guiliani

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Sylvanas got goaded into an act of genocide because a dying elf gave her some slight sass and her ego couldn't take it.

She's Trump.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    nope she's too competent, she's much more nixonian

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    I always knew the Alliance was ISIS.

• Options
    Ashenvale and north is Canada, Barrens and south is the US, Lordaeron is post-Brexit Britain, and the rest of the EK is Europe.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    comparisons to real-life current politics in WoW makes for pretty toxic discussion

tyrannus on
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    comparisons to real-life current politics in WoW makes for pretty toxic discussion

Especially in relation to Lordaeron, hur hur hur

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Thinking of Sylvanas as Nixon just has me thinking "what's her Watergate?" but then I realize this is a world with shamans and there could be very literal water gates.

That's about as far as I'm willing to entertain that metaphor.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    WoW-reality discussions go unfortunate quickly when you realize the faction coded 'not-European' ends up as violent, savage warmongers with disturbing frequency.

• Options
    tbh wow's unwillingness to code humans as anything other than white reflects poorly on blizzard

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    And the human form of black dragons tend to be..... dark.... Which really doesn't help.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    WoW-reality discussions go unfortunate quickly when you realize the faction coded 'not-European' ends up as violent, savage warmongers with disturbing frequency.

This is the second time this argument has been brought up and it's horseshit.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    That's consistent with all quests,
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    And the human form of black dragons tend to be..... dark.... Which really doesn't help.

What? No they aren't.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    That's consistent with all quests,
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »

What? No they aren't.

I dunno, I see a dark-skin human I assume they're a black dragon in disguise.

Are there any dark-skinned humans that aren't black dragons in WoW?

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I can only think of 3 black dragons that we have seen in humanoid form. There might be more, I'm just not remembering them.

Onyxia was Lady Prescott and she was white.

Wraithion has a more tanned complexion, but he looks to me like a character from Disney's Aladdin.

Ebonhorn is a cow.

• Options
    sabellion! nefarion!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Nefarian

ztqup5fsbqou.jpeg

• Options
    There's also the lady from Blade's Edge, who isn't explicitly a black dragon but is really obviously a black dragon. And her boss, Baron Sablemane. Both dark skin, dark hair. Serinar in the cave in Dragonblight. Etc.

There are plenty that are pale, too, but the question isn't 'are all black dragons black humans?' but 'are all black humans black dragons?'

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Apparently they hotfixed out auto-accept for group finder, made it impossible to copy-paste into the group finder search, and made group finder search protected so addons can't interact with it?

What the fuck is Blizzard even trying to do with this expansion? I can't think of a single change I've heard about for this xpac that wasn't met with a negative reaction.

Kamar on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Apparently they hotfixed out auto-accept for group finder, made it impossible to copy-paste into the group finder search, and made group finder search protected so addons can't interact with it?

What the fuck is Blizzard even trying to do with this expansion? I can't think of a single change I've heard about for this xpac that wasn't met with a negative reaction.

Er... what is their goal here?

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

I was with you for the first paragraph...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LD50 wrote: »

i would presume it has something to do with trying to kill addons that use group finder to let people realm hop from shard to shard looking for spawns

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It's part of the ongoing attempt to make it impossible to quickly and easily complete WQs or Invasions.

From what they said after the last change to reduce group finding convenience, they want people spending more time on WQs. For some reason.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

i would presume it has something to do with trying to kill addons that use group finder to let people realm hop from shard to shard looking for spawns

I figured that’s how those totally legit (tm) voidtalon/other rare advertisers get you the mounts

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »

I figured that’s how those totally legit (tm) voidtalon/other rare advertisers get you the mounts

Why don't they just ban those users rather than ruin the group finder experience for the whole userbase? Man, the lack of autoaccept alone is just awful, especially for groups like the fishing groups.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular

This is unfortunately pretty par for the course in fantasy, unfortunately.

I never really picked up that all the Europeans in warhammer were fantasy versions of European cultures while the people in non-european lands were all monsters/undead with noneuropean architecture/culture or permanently offscreen until someone pointed it out to me. (Once you get deeper into the lore the European factions they are pretty much just as monstrous as the rest but on the surface it looks pretty bad).

The original everquest was nice in that you had an island with African inspired clothes and architecture that was actually populated by dark skinned people (playable even)and not just lizardmen or cat monsters or something.

• Options

Why don't they just ban those users rather than ruin the group finder experience for the whole userbase? Man, the lack of autoaccept alone is just awful, especially for groups like the fishing groups.

Not arguing against you on that one.

But my understanding is that it’s easy for them to create a bunch of accounts and then just hop to a new one when the old one is banned, or use hacked accounts.

It’s like back in the day when they had to put in an instance limit.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    The original everquest was nice in that you had an island with African inspired clothes and architecture that was actually populated by dark skinned people (playable even)and not just lizardmen or cat monsters or something.
    I really miss Everquest at times.

As for Sylvanas, I stand with my Warchief. After all, she's right. Once the Alliance is conquered and under Horde boot, peace will reign. It's logical.

/nod

:).

Granted, I still have ptsd flashbacks of Alliance Paladins, so....

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    So I noticed when I replaced my artifact with one of the Darkshore 210 WQ weapons that I can't transmog to the look of my artifact. You think they will open that up after the xpac drops? Seems lame to not let us use those skins.

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    So I noticed when I replaced my artifact with one of the Darkshore 210 WQ weapons that I can't transmog to the look of my artifact. You think they will open that up after the xpac drops? Seems lame to not let us use those skins.

You should be able to. It's a tab 'Legion Artifacts' on the dropdown where you would pick 1h sword, axe, etc.

• Options
    You can, you have to select “artifact weapon” from the drop down instead of, say, “2-handed sword”

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Also the artifact weapon category only shows up on the transmog guy if you have a non-artifact weapon equipped. This confused me for a while.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    There are other limitations as well. You can only use the transmog if you are in that particular spec. So a destruction warlock won't see the demonology artifact appearances as valid.

Also I am not sure how prot paladins can transmog the shield, I had trouble with that one.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options

Not arguing against you on that one.

But my understanding is that it’s easy for them to create a bunch of accounts and then just hop to a new one when the old one is banned, or use hacked accounts.

It’s like back in the day when they had to put in an instance limit.

It should be fairly trivial for blizzard to hook up a spam filter to the group finder name/description, shadowban flagged groups, and then flag the user accounts for review.

I literally do not care about people selling those mounts. It's not a service I'm interested in, and as long as advertising groups aren't cluttering up the group finder it doesn't affect my game in any meaningful way. Fucking over the group finder because of it is literally worse than whatever the users trying to sell those things are doing.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular

I never really picked up that all the Europeans in warhammer were fantasy versions of European cultures while the people in non-european lands were all monsters/undead with noneuropean architecture/culture or permanently offscreen until someone pointed it out to me. (Once you get deeper into the lore the European factions they are pretty much just as monstrous as the rest but on the surface it looks pretty bad).

Not only that, but those dark skinned people were lore-wise the smartest race of all humanoids. They could only be spellcasters to start.

Blizzard does seem to have a problem with "everyone coded as culturally non-European/non-American is monstrous and also acts evil" in a lot of their games.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Not only that, but those dark skinned people were lore-wise the smartest race of all humanoids. They could only be spellcasters to start.

Blizzard does seem to have a problem with "everyone coded as culturally non-European/non-American is monstrous and also acts evil" in a lot of their games.

I mean, that's not just Blizzard doing it, but yeah.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I must have missed this in the siege, horde side first time: (or was it hotfixed?)
    Saurfang and Sylvanas talk one last time. They basically lay their ideology down at its rawest to each other, Honorable death is preferable to dishonorable life for Saurfang.

I'm with sylvanas really. I'll take "dishonorable" life.
    The only problem if you prefer to continue your existance then having your opening gambit in the 4th horde alliance war to be an act of genocide then that is a really bad idea. There likely won't be camps for the losers this go round but total elimination. I will be curious how this expansion ends up but it could be a solid excuse to destroy the two faction system as we know it. I would much prefer for my tauren to be a member of the alliance than allied with the forsaken.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    That pretty much goes along with my comment from yesterday.

We don't really even know what the stakes of this war are. What are we fighting for, really? What's the end goal here?

Sylvanas is mad and wants to stop the Alliance from having Azerite and so she torches Teldrassil. But why? Why does she care? Why does it matter if the Alliance has Azerite or not? There's plenty to go around. The entire earth is spitting up Azerite everywhere you look. Or so we're being told. That's what all those island adventures in BfA are about. Going to a random spot and finding a chunk of Azerite that has worked its way to the surface.

So why is this war even happening, and what's the goal?

This discussion has been closed.