As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Join us in thread and [Steam] group chat!

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »
    Oh also happy birthday to @EvmaAlsar

SHHHHHHHHH I'm getting through the day clean, damn it!

lol

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Isorn wrote: »
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks/announcements/detail/1697194621363928453

Big 2018 year in review post.

Some neat data there. Also a little bit about future plans. They are going to be working on updating the steam library and updating the chat on the mobile client.

I love how the controller breakdown mentions the N64 controller by name. I mean, I know they've said about 700 people have hooked up dancepads, but N64 controllers? On Steam? Holy wow.
    262e5a6bf6917dfaf4573b9d104e2c194cd31ee1.png

Also, this is both impressive and funny:
    c10c57a81909e71c4664d781ee33a34a94e727bc.png

And this may be of much interest:
    Steam Chat: We're going to ship a new Steam Chat mobile app, so you can share your favorite GIFs with your friends while on the go.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Chrono.gg is having a Tom Clancy week. The Division today, more to come over the week. Uplay codes, I'm 99% sure.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Jazz wrote: »
    Quickie FNG poll post this week.

Doing a bit of a fact finding poll so check the days you can likely attend and then use Other to include your games.

FNG Poll this week for times (add the games you're interested in)

Reminder: With school winding back up I will be running late Thursday and possibly Friday

Given recent conversation I've stuck in a suggestion for Wildlands.

It's currently about a 66GB install so it's definitely one to have ready to go ahead of time if you're interested.

Also since it's a Ubisoft game it's worth firing off friend requests on Uplay to find each other.

66GB? Table napkin math says 8+ days to install.

I'm out.

Someone could copy it to flash drive and mail it to you faster than that. :lol:

I will say that I do love steams ability to move game install locations. I'm stuck on crappy rural internet*, and I regularly download files at work to an external hard drive and then transfer them to my desktop when I get home. it's a surprisingly simple process considering the old days of steam mover.

*2mbs (though they just put a fiber hub <1 mile from my house and tell me I should be able to get 50mbs if I switch)

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    There are two main drawbacks to all-digital distribution: continued access and bandwidth.

Personally, I just wanted to remind folks that I live under the bottom of the barrel. Still at .75Mbps.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Can't talk to nobody about nuthin' round here. I had a few questions about Monster Monpiece and Moero Chronicle, and then @Werewolf2000ad decided I needed to try the first of those.

Thanks! :heartbeat:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Can't talk to nobody about nuthin' round here. I had a few questions about Monster Monpiece and Moero Chronicle, and then @Werewolf2000ad decided I needed to try the first of those.

LEWD GAMES, LEWD GAMES, KALNAUR PLAYIN THEM LEWD GAMES.

hi-5

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

LEWD GAMES, LEWD GAMES, KALNAUR PLAYIN THEM LEWD GAMES.

hi-5

One of my favorite dungeon crawler style series are the Raidy (don't Google that at work) games, so this isn't exactly new news.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    There are two main drawbacks to all-digital distribution: continued access and bandwidth.

Personally, I just wanted to remind folks that I live under the bottom of the barrel. Still at .75Mbps.

Might be time to write your governor about internet availability if you're struggling for an affordable speed. Most DSL goes up to 3Mbps at least...

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Can't talk to nobody about nuthin' round here. I had a few questions about Monster Monpiece and Moero Chronicle, and then Werewolf2000ad decided I needed to try the first of those.

If you aren't furiously jerking off your Vita, are you truly playing Monster Monpiece?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

Might be time to write your governor about internet availability if you're struggling for an affordable speed. Most DSL goes up to 3Mbps at least...

Oh man, that so depends on where you live. People that live in the city don't understand how bad it really is out in the boonies. Even parts of some cities can be bad if they used to be on the outskirts but the city grew into them.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Still chugging at Underrail.

Currently in the LAIR OF THE RAThound KING!

One of my favorite things in fiction. Take a crazy guy living outside of society, put him in animal clothes, declare him a ruler of some sort and then give him an army of critters.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Underrail was a game I always felt didn't get the attention it deserved. It's very systems-intensive and it absolutely will punish you for not min-maxing, but it's got very cool lore and it scratches that crunchy isometric post-apocalyptic RPG itch real nice.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    PCGamer reports that there are now over 30,000 games on Steam.

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Should be easy to get pixie to 3k then....

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    TetraRay wrote: »

7wtey87gt5hn.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Underrail was a game I always felt didn't get the attention it deserved. It's very systems-intensive and it absolutely will punish you for not min-maxing, but it's got very cool lore and it scratches that crunchy isometric post-apocalyptic RPG itch real nice.
    Writing can't hold a candle to Fallout 1/2 but other than that, its a pretty great spiritual take on the classic version of the series.

Currently playing as a stealthy PSI user with a focus on infliltration with locking, hacking and sneak.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    Oh also happy birthday to EvmaAlsar

SHHHHHHHHH I'm getting through the day clean, damn it!

Look it is my first day of the semester and I can't celebrate it proper.

Gotta make someone else suffer. :twisted:

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I...I don't get why getting gifted games makes you suffer? I mean I already have a backlog I'm never going to complete, so what does it matter if it's larger?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    One more on the pile that is a monument to all yours sins.

*continues Fellheart campaign when lots of untouched games go unplayed*

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I...I don't get why getting gifted games makes you suffer? I mean I already have a backlog I'm never going to complete, so what does it matter if it's larger?

It's just a running joke.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

And just think, less than a third of them are Skyrim editions!
    Though how many really are that halfwit Minecraft clone that literally comes from an asset store?

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    TetraRay wrote: »
    Time to update long term objectives then:
    nFsTOn9.jpg

• Options
    You are just awful and should be ashamed of yourself.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Only a game a day for 74 years.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    How many games will be on Steam by 2030? The mind, it doth boggle.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Getting into a town swarming with Narcos, pulling out my suppressed rifle and slowly working my way through, sync killing if there’s a group of guys I need all gone at once, grabbing the intel and getting out unspotted gives me the kind of satisfaction Assassins Creed does when I stealth through a fort with no detections.

I dunno if it was a limited thing or what, but check the weapons in the store for the Deimos Crossbow. It was free a while back so I picked it up because why not. It's almost hilariously OP as it's a OHK anywhere to the body, even on armored guys. It's completely silent and has pretty manageable projectile drop too.

Also, if you love crossovers, you can totally play as R6 Siege operators in Ghost Recon :D
    z0keVC7.jpg

Unfortunately loot box gambling is the only way to obtain them =/ Dropped a few bucks on some crates though, and got super lucky. Didn't get Montagne like I wanted though.
    BUiq8gz.jpg

Bonus cursed image/proof Ela is some kind of hell demon:
    K1TC6bB.jpg

That face haunts me in my sleep...

I’ll check out the crossbow. Sounds like my kinda gun.

I don’t do lootboxes unless they’re free so I’ll stick to the costumes on the reward list. I grabbed the Assassins Creed outfit because let’s face it, the game feels like modern day AC if you’re doing it sneaky.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BL1wCQOTE4

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BL1wCQOTE4

I am amused that the embed makes it look like the answer is 4K.

#giftpixie4k2030

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I was so close to getting through my 35th unscathed, but no. When I went to bed, the classault begain.
    A1nf4mG.jpg
    QzZrBsy.jpg

Many thanks indeed to @Karoz for Empires of the Undergrowth (seriously it's been since SNES days since we've had an ant strategy game) and @destroyah87 for WH40k: Mechanicus

Now I can combine two of my favourite things: X-COM style gameplay with the Martian technology pagans from Warhammer 40,000. Cheers! <3

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Have you considered moving to somewhere else? Like, for example, the 21st century?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

Have you considered moving to somewhere else? Like, for example, the 21st century?

If you finance this time machine I am sure he'll take you up on it!

I'll be amazed if Steam is still around in 30 years.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Grabbed the Ghost Recon crossbow. I feel dirty using it. Zero sound, long range, scope, one hit kill even to an armoured body.

I want to keep using it because I like bow type weapons but it feels like cheating.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »

If you finance this time machine I am sure he'll take you up on it!

I'll be amazed if Steam is still around in 30 years.

I'm trying to get a new job, that pays more money, so that I may save up money, to obtain a 'real' place to live and a reasonably proper internet speed to go with it.

Other than that... No, I haven't considered moving somewhere else.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Grabbed the Ghost Recon crossbow. I feel dirty using it. Zero sound, long range, scope, one hit kill even to an armoured body.

I want to keep using it because I like bow type weapons but it feels like cheating.

Okay, Clint.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Enemies can hear it, you just have to be really close. Like, super close. Basically right next to the person, but then if you were that close they'd probably be your intended target anyway sooo... :P

There's no rules in The War on Drugs(TM)!

D.A.R.E to use an OP crossbow.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Wait wait wait

There's a crossbow in Wildlands? Did I miss something?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Those should be gifts instead of snowflakes falling in your avatar. :D

All I do on my computer is play Artifact now. It has its hooks in me like Hearthstone once did, which is a little worrisome, but at least it's way cheaper to play (so far). I'm also pretty bad at it, but I can't stop playing.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait

A crossbow apparently.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Wait wait wait

A crossbow apparently.

l5f7m63pdpb7.gif

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~