As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I hate that bird so much

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Re: Thancred
    In terms of him and the new Minfilia, she was locked up in a dungeon her whole life until Thancred broke in there by himself and got her out. That scene in the opening cinematic where he fights the lion creature happens before the player arrives on the First.

That still doesn't excuse how overprotective and controlling he can be towards her at that stage of the story, but it is an improvement from her previous situation.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Here we go again.
    QFlKkt9.jpg

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Au'Ra
    Live letter underway. Looks like 5.1 is coming late October. A few things I've gathered...

There's no translator, just some English bullet points, so I don't know what specific class changes are coming but they did mention "Ninja" "Samurai" and "DPS role" several times. Didn't hear anything about any healer/tank changes.

Blue Mage is going to get to meme it up to level 60. There will also be some duties you will now be able to do in 4-man BLU parties, with special rewards for doing so.

New ultimate and trial coming, no details yet. The Nier raid is coming which we all knew anyway, my understanding is it will be their hardest one yet. It will be called The Copied Factory.

Crafting/gathering revamp planned to happen across 5.1 and 5.2 including making it easier for new players to pick up crafting. New actions being added, some actions being removed. New recipe tree screen to make it easier to plot recipes. Desynth and quick synth adjustments. No more out-of-reach/hidden for unspoiled nodes. Stealth now usable while mounted and no longer affects movement speed. Quick gathering being added. Gathering rate/item yield adjustments. New crafter/gatherer content involving contributing towards restoring Ishgard.

Updates to gold saucer, including a GATE featuring Yojimbo. High resolution updates to Mahjong.

Some updates to Bard performance stuff including a new Horn instrument and ways to make it easier to coordinate with party members, a metronome and a customizable "performance guide"(think DDR/Guitar Hero style bar)

New custom deliveries NPC. Pets display in party list. Weapons finally being added to the bad luck reward at the end of a leveling dungeon.

Bicolor gems cap going up to 1k.

New group pose features.

You can now eat while sitting, yay?

New Game+. Only HW->ShB right now, ARR MSQ still being worked on. No surprise there since they've said they're working on streamlining ARR.

Fellowships aka Very Fucking Big Linkshells. Just bigass community linkshells that can hold up to 1,000 players at once. It's seemingly built to be an in-game substitute for Discord communities like hunt groups. Polls, community features, various things.

Yoko Taro cannot see a god damn thing with his helmet on.

They just played an FF14 remix of Weight of the World and it's glorious.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWDw-4AwM98

Two series with great music, no surprise a colab is great.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    you have no idea how long the game's roleplaying community has been asking for an eating animation while sitting

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I love that 2P has become the offical crossover rep for Nier stuff.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Finished Amh Araeng.
    Yeah, none of that shit redeems Thancred. If he'd just been an emotionally distant taskmaster, that would have been one thing. But the kid was being tacitly pressured into a Heroic Suicide by her only companion and emotional support. She was allowed to believe that the only way she could contribute was letting Original Minfilia have her body. That's irredeemable, evil bullshit. She's a thirteen year old girl, and Thancred made her feel so worthless that she was ready to kill herself.

I hope he dies, and I hope I get to be the one that kills him.

What's really frustrating is that it's all so stupid and out of character. Any idiot who knew Original Minfilia for more than ten seconds would know that she'd never permit something like that. Of course, of course, of course, when it came time to merge, she'd hand her powers over and fade away without a moment's hesitation. You're telling me that the guy who knew her longest and best, the guy who thought of himself as her only family, was like "oh yeah, of course my Minfilia will be willing to just... commandeer this child's body." It's so fucking dumb. I'm really digging the rest of this writing, but that bit is some unprecedented nonsense clearly slapped on just to manufacture drama.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    All the Scions have some explaining to do WRT that sequence. Why was my character the only one saying “stop, we need to find another way”? That was an awful plan!

• Options
    Roegadyn
    I think that's a serious misread. He absolutely knew OG Minfillia was going to sacrifice herself. It's the whole reason he was dragging his feet. That, and didn't want Ryne know she'd effectively be sacrificing someone. He's been shitty this expansion, but he's not THAT shitty!

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Thancred, knowing what he knew, was in a literally unwinnable situation. Someone was being sacrified; either OG Minfilia, or Ryne. He wanted neither, so the closes thing was having to avoid the choice altogether.

• Options
    Lalafell
    Hm.
    that does give a bit of a different meaning to the awkward silence when I asked him “how do you want this to end?”

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    woo my static cleared E1S, we're so far ahead of the curve :rotate:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

The worst part is that the people who do finish the raid will somehow keep this a secret and encourage everyone else to do so.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Hrothgar
    Anyone got any tips for making high quality items? I'm stuck trying to complete the armorer lvl 50 quest.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Anyone got any tips for making high quality items? I'm stuck trying to complete the armorer lvl 50 quest.

Using HQ materials obviously helps a lot, especially at low levels

If you're levelling multiple crafters at once, several cross-class skills have also been very useful. Careful Synthesis for Weavers, Tricks of the Trade and Comfort zone for Alchemists, and Rumination for Carpenters helped a lot in ARR crafting

• Options
    Au'Ra

Outside of using HQ materials, your main method of getting quality up at 50(especially before you get the range of cross-class skills) involves using Inner Quiet and driving up as many stacks as you can, and then dumping them in a large chunk with Byregot's Blessing.

To that end, Hasty Touch is stupidly good. Get Culinarian to level 15 and pick that up when you can so you'll have it available across the other professions. Inner Quiet -> Steady Hand II -> Hasty Touch is a really cheap and effective way of building Inner Quiet stacks.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I think that's a serious misread. He absolutely knew OG Minfillia was going to sacrifice herself. It's the whole reason he was dragging his feet. That, and didn't want Ryne know she'd effectively be sacrificing someone. He's been shitty this expansion, but he's not THAT shitty!
    there's also an element that i think Urianger actually points out shortly before getting on the trolley... it's Ryne's decision, ultimately, and thancred doesn't want his own wishes to get in the way of her deciding what she wants. he's being a dick because every option is bad but inevitable and he completely withdraws. they even bring up that he was nice to ryne until they met with OG minfillia. that's the entire culmination of his character arc, letting ryne make a choice for herself (and why he has the ranjit boss fight because RJ is basically the embodiment of forcing her to live life with no thoughts or choices of her own)

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    woo my static cleared E1S, we're so far ahead of the curve :rotate:

we've been on e2s for like a month now and i'm getting... so tired

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Aw JEEZ this Amaro scene in Il Mheg
    Ardbert getting overcome with emotion hearing Seto talk about how much he cared for Ardbert and could never tell him was not fair

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Miqo'te
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Aw JEEZ this Amaro scene in Il Mheg
    Ardbert getting overcome with emotion hearing Seto talk about how much he cared for Ardbert and could never tell him was not fair

Related.
    tumblr_pxdbcxLzLi1unllb7o1_1280.jpg

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Roegadyn
    more relevant to the current discussion, I found out that this is amaro mount music and now I'm that much more determined to get it

https://youtu.be/VuMg1QCVEMQ

edit to avoid a triple post:

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Yeah I first encountered that music when I was in Il Mheg and between the music and the liberal use of color I was getting some REAL Chrono cross vibes.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I actually just had a thought about Minfillia. End of ShB spoilers
    I don’t think Ryne has the echo so maybe it throws my whole theory about the echo = Ascian soul out the window, but what if Minfillia and Ryne have the same Ascian soul and that’s why they were able to merge? Like a reverse Ardbert situation

Or maybe the echo only manifests on the source souls since they’ve been rejoined however many times, so Ryne would develop it now? Idk idk just throwing out ideas

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Zay wrote: »
    I don’t think Ryne has the echo so maybe it throws my whole theory about the echo = Ascian soul out the window, but what if Minfillia and Ryne have the same Ascian soul and that’s why they were able to merge? Like a reverse Ardbert situation

Or maybe the echo only manifests on the source souls since they’ve been rejoined however many times, so Ryne would develop it now? Idk idk just throwing out ideas
    Ardbert and his friends have the Echo, don’t they? IIUC it’s a requisite for doing the Ascian immortality thing, which is how they crossed over to the Source that one time.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

Minfilia
    We haven't heard of anyone at all in the First having the echo, so I don't think she'd be likely to develop it now. Whatever she has as the Oracle of Light is something else entirely. In Ryne's case I think it's even less likely that she'd develop the echo because she hasn't been taken over by the Minfilia we know like the previous incarnations (maybe those ones had the echo).

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Skeith wrote: »

Minfilia
    We haven't heard of anyone at all in the First having the echo, so I don't think she'd be likely to develop it now. Whatever she has as the Oracle of Light is something else entirely. In Ryne's case I think it's even less likely that she'd develop the echo because she hasn't been taken over by the Minfilia we know like the previous incarnations (maybe those ones had the echo).
    didn't the first's warriors of light have the echo? I don't remember.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Skeith wrote: »

Minfilia
    didn't the first's warriors of light have the echo? I don't remember.
    They do, it was a big "how much can we annoy the player" mechanic during their HW story fight.

• Options
    Lalafell
    Also (Shadowbringers spoilers, all Role Quests Complete)
    Cylva, a would-be-Warrior of Light from the Thirteenth, has an Echo vision of your past at the same time that you have one of her’s

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Enlong wrote: »
    Cylva, a would-be-Warrior of Light from the Thirteenth, has an Echo vision of your past at the same time that you have one of her’s

warring triad
    she even notes that you've already met another would-be wol from the 13th

• Options
    Lalafell
    Enlong wrote: »

warring triad
    she even notes that you've already met another would-be wol from the 13th
    Yeah, though I can’t remember if Unukalhai ever displayed an echo vision. But then, he does the Ascian Echo Immortality thing.

• Options
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Hrothgar
    I haven't played NiER, is that like, a thing it does when you beat it?

Edit: I've played the original NiER, which I think itself was a spinoff of Drakengard, but never automata

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    There is an option in both in the original Neir and Automata to delete your save file for story based reasons.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Bucketman wrote: »

Edit: I've played the original NiER, which I think itself was a spinoff of Drakengard, but never automata

Yes, it's a thing you can do at the end of the game.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Bucketman wrote: »

It's a thing in a lot of Yoko Taro stuff is my understanding. In Automata it's an option after getting the true ending.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Skragg play Nier Automata

This discussion has been closed.