Options

[Giant Bomb] Noooooooooooooooo! :(

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I had some free time and was curious, so I decided to try and pinpoint how long the average post-founder Giant Bomb employee sticks around for; and while doing that, I found this hilarious piece of misogynistic ​internet trash.

https://www.petitions.net/petition_for_giant_bomb_to_fire_patrick_klepek

Wonder how they felt about the subsequent hiring of Austin and later Abby :lol:

Hopefully people like that have grown and seen the errors of their ways, but it's just as likely that they got heavily involved in GamerGate in 2014 too.

Did Patrick talk about Gamer Gate at all while he was at Giant Bomb?

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Yeah, he was the person who wasn't doing the "don't feed the trolls!" status quo dance and pushed them to eventually take a public stance against it.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Posted without comment, because what else can be said?
    p5bsnqpvggj0.png

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Also hearing Alex and the two Jeffs talk about what they've learned about themselves and how they've been feeling over the past year makes me realize the ennui I've been feeling isn't unique to me.

It made me feel a lot better to hear that they are having real issues over the last year. They talked about it being difficult before but it felt like a jar opened and poured out there, and I definitely felt less alone in what I've been dealing with.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Also hearing Alex and the two Jeffs talk about what they've learned about themselves and how they've been feeling over the past year makes me realize the ennui I've been feeling isn't unique to me.

It made me feel a lot better to hear that they are having real issues over the last year. They talked about it being difficult before but it felt like a jar opened and poured out there, and I definitely felt less alone in what I've been dealing with.

You should send them an email or something, they'd probably appreciate it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    If I was any good at expressing my emotions, especially to strangers on the internet, it wouldn't have taken me a year to realize my shit wasn't unique and that I wasn't the only one feeling this way.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Posted without comment, because what else can be said?
    p5bsnqpvggj0.png

I'm surprised he knew what toast is and that they weren't grown from bread trees or something

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2021

Alex posting pictures of the Beast studio being taken down. I'm not sure if the pandemic makes this hit harder or weaker.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    As much good content came from that cramped room, it sounds like everyone was at least a little miserable working in there. I can't honestly say I'll miss it, from the perspective of a fan.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    No open talk about plans for East Coast studio space has me concerned. Announcing roster additions would do much to ease my worry.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    No open talk about plans for East Coast studio space has me concerned. Announcing roster additions would do much to ease my worry.

Not much of a reason to talk about studio spaces when we're still in the middle of a pandemic. Right now the East crew is just as capable as the West coast crew, even without a studio.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

Not much of a reason to talk about studio spaces when we're still in the middle of a pandemic. Right now the East crew is just as capable as the West coast crew, even without a studio.

West has mentioned moving floors and plans for their space. The lack of such talk for East especially after the Red Ventures acquisition and the wont for management to slash expenses has my mind entertaining scenarios where studio space and additional people are not in the cards.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Vinnie and Alex have said there are no immediate plans for a permanent East coast office. Alex has said that as soon as they are vaccinated however he is going over to Vinnie's and continuing with Def Jam Fight for NY.

• Options

West has mentioned moving floors and plans for their space. The lack of such talk for East especially after the Red Ventures acquisition and the wont for management to slash expenses has my mind entertaining scenarios where studio space and additional people are not in the cards.

I think CBS owns the building that East worked out of, and that didn't go over to Red Venture, so that's why they had to move. The West coast building I believe is rented, and so it's staying with Red Ventures, so West just had to deal with a reorganization as their studio space got moved to a different floor.

• Options
    edited March 2021

ExMRoW8VkAM7vZJ?format=jpg&name=small
    Vinny wrote:
    This is how I am deciding to leave our studio. Either as a fond farewell or as a warning to whomever finds it next. Maybe both. https://t.co/oxAemyzQau

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    One thing i forgot is that Cnet had to vacate the studio too, and there's no way Red Venture is shutting them down anytime soon, so I imagine when Cnet gets a new studio, part of it will go to the Beastcrew.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    A fitting tribute.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    One thing i forgot is that Cnet had to vacate the studio too, and there's no way Red Venture is shutting them down anytime soon, so I imagine when Beastcrew gets a new studio, part of it will go to Cnet.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Jeff giving a tour of his garage.

https://www.tiktok.com/@freddurst2000/video/6943060332608802053

Also, what an excellent username he snagged for himself on Tiktok.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Jeff "Fred Durstmann" Gerstmann

• Options
    Meanwhile Patrick is having a real one.

my two children had to get nasal swabbed for COVID tests and the oldest burst into a nose bleed in the midst of it (they tested negative), and I just yelled at a gingerbread house whose frosting wasn't gluing together properly if you want to know how my day is going

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    same thing happened to my daughter a few months ago :(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I have yelled at that gingerbread house too.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    I didn't know people made gingerbread houses in March.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    I didn't know people made gingerbread houses in March.

Time is an illusion. Doubly so during COVID.

That 2x the illusion!

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm really glad I haven't needed to be COVID tested (knock on wood). Advantages of already being a qusi-hermit before the pandemic hit and already having a remote job.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I got swabbed before some surgery, that stick goes waaaaay the fuck up argh my brain

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My kid has had the test twice. The first time I told her they needed to take some boogers. She laughed, said "ok," and then had the look of ultimate betrayal on her face when they did the test. The second time she did not fall for my trick.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I'm really glad I haven't needed to be COVID tested (knock on wood). Advantages of already being a qusi-hermit before the pandemic hit and already having a remote job.

Unfortunately, most places won't accept "I haven't left my house" in lieu of a negative COVID test.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    We get tested weekly at my job, thankfully it's just the spit test. Haven't actually had the brain poke yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Sounds like someone in the office next to me tested positive. We have had cleaners washing the doors and other surfaces a few times an hour. We're all due to be vaccinated over the next week or two no less.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    It will be forever lost in the preshow, but Jeff sampled the mic noise problem that Vinny was having a little while ago and put it onto his soundboard.

E: The art journal article about him that Alex referenced is an interesting and kinda weird read.

Aistan on
  • Options

Giant Bomb : A website about video games

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Vinny laughing is the absolute best.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Just so long as that never happens to Aggro Crag.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    What monster demanded this

edit: Just saw the earlier video where Jeff suggests throwing out the Hulk Hands because they no longer work. That makes me less mad.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Even if they don't come with the Smashing Action(tm) they're still giant green rubber fists. Geez

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Finally getting around to watching Unprofessional Fridays from last week. There is just something wholesome and awesome about Vinny losing himself laughing. His laugh alone makes whatever is happening more funny.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
This discussion has been closed.