As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Noooooooooooooooo! :(

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Basically how i make my chili.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I just remember when she had a zero suit on on some UPF

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Dan should've picked another name for the new podcast since I ended up coming across another one with almost the exact same name whilst adding it to my podcast app.

Yeah, I came across that too and thought the description for it sounded odd and unlikely.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I forgot just how opposite from mine all of Mike Mahardy's video game preferences are.

Even still, this is nice to listen to because Dan often has the same reaction.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    My biggest GB memory of Mary was her going in on how Kansas City chili is garbage.

it's a tremendous segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhrOsrf9NY

"NEXT EMAIL!"

"...Yes Ma'am"

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Uh, once you put your terrible meat sauce on spaghetti, it's no longer chili, it's just shitty spaghetti. If that's for real, hopefully a meteor wipes Cincinnati off the map. There isn't even beans in there. 4 cups of what the fuck water? Oh fuck, a meteor is too fast, something slower, more terrible.

Nosf on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    What kind of monster ruins chili and pasta at the same time?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm gonna say that's a perfectly decent meat sauce for spaghetti. Definitely not a classic italian, but you can't go wrong with those spices.

Terrible chili, though. And don't put fuckin' cheddar cheese on it.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    What kind of monster ruins chili and pasta at the same time?

The kind that know what good chili mac is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Mary is, like me, from Ohio. She is absolutely right about Cincinnati Chili. I personally don’t even like chili with beans and I’m still not a fan of it.

Also, while we’re at it, LaRosa’s Pizza is a real bummer.

Graeter’s Ice Cream is very good, though.

It’s a real shame, too, because there is some decent German food in Cincy, really good sausages, hot dogs, and a couple good BBQ places. After all, it was colloquially known as “Porkopolis” at one point.

With that being said, I still have to make a stand: Skyline > Gold Star.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Listened to the first part of Dan, Mary and Mike's new podcast and its worth it to hear them ragging on Mike. It literally starts within the first 30 seconds of the show. It's great. They actually go through their gaming work history and its interesting to see how its all changed for them. Dan is certainly where he wants to be, professionally.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    In the first five minutes Dan also says "Mike, I am a dumb man" after a very very good Dan misunderstanding of a statement.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Listened to the first part of Dan, Mary and Mike's new podcast and its worth it to hear them ragging on Mike. It literally starts within the first 30 seconds of the show. It's great. They actually go through their gaming work history and its interesting to see how its all changed for them. Dan is certainly where he wants to be, professionally.

Dan certainly seems like he's at the pinnacle of what he would want to be doing. Working with the WWE in an official capacity, making money doing dumb gaming stuff on streams, collaborating with friends on projects.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I don't know how (well, some edibles may have contributed) but Garage Talk is my new favorite Giant Bomb show. Somehow Jeff makes digging through his old garbage riveting. I never know what he's going to pull out of a box or bag next!

My favorite bit is when Now-Jeff gets grumpy about bad choices Old-Jeff made that he has to deal with now.

• Options
    I don't know how (well, some edibles may have contributed) but Garage Talk is my new favorite Giant Bomb show. Somehow Jeff makes digging through his old garbage riveting. I never know what he's going to pull out of a box or bag next!

My favorite bit is when Now-Jeff gets grumpy about bad choices Old-Jeff made that he has to deal with now.

I like that he spent like 2 full minutes dunking on a pre-launch PSP press release hyping up how secure it was going to be.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    The garage streams are awesome.

It’s good to put on in the background while grinding levels in Ffxiv for instance.

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Kayla (Dan's sister) showing off some Drew Scanlon level character voice acting early on in the stream.

Edit: At about 54 minutes in there is a story from Dan about going from lying on his own kitchen floor with a pool of blood behind his head, blood flowing from his forehead, and blood all over his hands to sitting down to record an episode for Panning the Stream about Mortal Kombat 2021.

Rehab on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I can not believe dan roped bakalar into that

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Jeff has a Crysis 2 branded shakeweight.

Which means somebody concieved of, got authorization for, had produced and gave out Crysis 2 branded shakeweights.

This is a PROFOUNDLY dumb industry.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Shakeweights.

• Options
    Is that Crytek admitting that obesity was actually the real Crysis all along?

• Options

Patrick Klepek no longer looking like a permanent teenager is probably the most visible march of time moment I've experienced in my life.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    It took me several seconds to decide that, no, this is not a repost of a video from 10 years ago.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

Patrick Klepek no longer looking like a permanent teenager is probably the most visible march of time moment I've experienced in my life.
    You’re right, he looks like a permanent 23 year old now.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I think it's a combination of his face which has visibly aged to heck over the years, but he still has this wispy curly hair of a schoolboy lol

Bless him

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Someone on the GB subreddit linked to a 1996 version of Gamespot via the Internet Archive, which led me to explore VideoGameSpot from December 1996 and I found Jeff's profile.

wuczwlqj5zg7.png

He links to his old personal website there too.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I can imagine the face Jeff made when he had to share his “astrological sign.”

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    That sounds exactly like what I expect from mid-90s Jeff Gerstmann.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
  • Options
    Guess he's not going to that PAX either. :biggrin:

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

As a parent of a 6 year old and a 4 year old, what a dumbo! He thinks he has no time for games now, hooboy!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »

As a parent of a 6 year old and a 4 year old, what a dumbo! He thinks he has no time for games now, hooboy!

The 6 year old can entertain the 4 year old! It'll be fine!

RIP

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Guess he's not going to that PAX either. :biggrin:
    At this rate, I don’t think ANYONE is going to that PAX.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Someone on the GB subreddit linked to a 1996 version of Gamespot via the Internet Archive, which led me to explore VideoGameSpot from December 1996 and I found Jeff's profile.

wuczwlqj5zg7.png

He links to his old personal website there too.

The favorite cocktail is quintessential Jeff Gerstmann.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Just announced on the Bombcast

Brad, Alex and Vinny all handed in their notice and are out as of Friday

Jeff is sticking around.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
    So Brad, Vinny and Alex are leaving...

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Bakalar wins?

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I just bought premium and mostly listen for Vinny and Brad.

wtf

can you feel the struggle within?
This discussion has been closed.