Options

[Cyberpunk 2077] Delisted on PSN in 2020, post-final release pushed back 57 years

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Shout out to the music too, for feeling pretty different, plus having to invent music for the radio. I will say the radio is not as friendly as the one in GTA, it was never clear what the tone or purpose of what each station was, so I tended to just leave it on whatever the default was when I entered a vehicle rather than try to figure out which station had something good on.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    The montage is one of the best parts of the game. I love the song, the action is funny, and I don't have to play with Jackie. He's a giant pain in the ass to play around, he likes to stand directly in front of me when I sneak.

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    The montage is one of the best parts of the game. I love the song, the action is funny, and I don't have to play with Jackie. He's a giant pain in the ass to play around, he likes to stand directly in front of me when I sneak.

fine then just make the whole game a montage

happy now???????

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I guess there is more game after the biochip quest, so I should go ahead and do it?

Man I hope you don't mean The Heist. If you do, god damn is there more game.

The actual "point of no return" is utterly unmissable. There's an actual prompt/popup saying "HEY GUESS WHAT THIS IS".

Yeah.. "The Heist" is when the game world opens up and you actually start playing the meat of the quests...

Some things would be clearer if they had called act 1 the tutorial or something.

Right, but
    then it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?

Act 1
    What surprise?
    Being lightly killed and stuff?

Heist outcome
    Oh, that wasn't a surprise to me at all. Nothing about the job felt like a good idea and I knew shit was going sideways the moment I set foot in the limo.

I was internally screaming at V for going back to DeShawn. You just fucked up a fantastically high profile job and you're going back to the fixer?

Oh and by all means go clean up in the bathroom so you can walk out into the worlds most obvious betrayal, ya dumbass. :P

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    This is just one of many games where you know you're about to have shit go wrong when it doesn't give you any option not to do something that feels like a really bad idea.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I really didn't have a problem with that

Act 1 ending
    sure Dex screwing you is predictable, the game heavily, heavily foreshadows it. But it felt realistic to V's character. V is all fucked up over her team dying, and the reality of V not actually being the exception to the rule is only now sinking in. Plus delamain will only take you one place.

All those things together and it felt totally believable that V wasn't operating anywhere near 100%

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    I guess there is more game after the biochip quest, so I should go ahead and do it?

The actual "point of no return" is utterly unmissable. There's an actual prompt/popup saying "HEY GUESS WHAT THIS IS".

Yeah.. "The Heist" is when the game world opens up and you actually start playing the meat of the quests...

Some things would be clearer if they had called act 1 the tutorial or something.

Right, but

Act 1
    What surprise?

Heist outcome
    Oh, that wasn't a surprise to me at all. Nothing about the job felt like a good idea and I knew shit was going sideways the moment I set foot in the limo.

I was internally screaming at V for going back to DeShawn. You just fucked up a fantastically high profile job and you're going back to the fixer?

Oh and by all means go clean up in the bathroom so you can walk out into the worlds most obvious betrayal, ya dumbass. :P

I recognized the scene from one of the gameplay trailers, so I knew what was coming.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I really didn't have a problem with that

Act 1 ending
    sure Dex screwing you is predictable, the game heavily, heavily foreshadows it. But it felt realistic to V's character. V is all fucked up over her team dying, and the reality of V not actually being the exception to the rule is only now sinking in. Plus delamain will only take you one place.

All those things together and it felt totally believable that V wasn't operating anywhere near 100%
    Yeah, it was pretty clear she was just exhausted and operating on halfworking instinct at that point.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Anyone else having issues getting the district trophies to pop in ps4? I finished santo domingo and nothing popped. Could be another story missions there but it is making me want to shelve the game until another patch or two.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues getting the district trophies to pop in ps4? I finished santo domingo and nothing popped. Could be another story missions there but it is making me want to shelve the game until another patch or two.

Some missions are story gated , also the blue icons for the ncpd street violence activity’s can be hard to see. I though Pacifica was bugged but I had just missed one. But I’ve gotten all of them on the Xbox so I don’t think they are bugged.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

Right, but

Act 1
    What surprise?

Heist outcome

You can even hear him making a phone call setting up transport out of the area for one person, and if you do scan vision you can see his bodyguard move suspiciously to the left of the bathroom doorway for some reason.

I was pretty annoyed at V for falling for all of that.

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Lots of people have reported issues with these trophies.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I take care of a schizophrenic mother and sister, and this game hit me right in my anxiety center with the family matters gig, it's spooky how it lines up with my experience. I enjoy the game more and more, they got so many things so right.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    My podcasting buddies both didn't finish the Beat Up The Brat quests. I didn't because on my first run I was a blades character - they didn't because apparently the last dude you fight is "literally impossible" and one-shots you.

I am currently trying to get my pure Netrunner to level 50 (20 Int, 20 cool and 20 body just for the HP (zero skill pts in Body), and decided to do them. I have Legendary Short Circuit, which procs on crits, and 67% crit chance, and just rolled the entire questline.

Now, on to those stupid races.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Legendary short circuit and a bland nameless SMG did 50% of the end bosses dmg in a single clip

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Chance wrote: »
    My podcasting buddies both didn't finish the Beat Up The Brat quests. I didn't because on my first run I was a blades character - they didn't because apparently the last dude you fight is "literally impossible" and one-shots you.

I am currently trying to get my pure Netrunner to level 50 (20 Int, 20 cool and 20 body just for the HP (zero skill pts in Body), and decided to do them. I have Legendary Short Circuit, which procs on crits, and 67% crit chance, and just rolled the entire questline.

I'm wondering what sort of randomness or bugs or what there are in these quests because while I had trouble using bare fists in them (taking damage when blocking or countering is stupid) once I installed gorilla arms the last two and the final were basically effortless. I barely had any points in body and didn't have any of the melee perks.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

I'm wondering what sort of randomness or bugs or what there are in these quests because while I had trouble using bare fists in them (taking damage when blocking or countering is stupid) once I installed gorilla arms the last two and the final were basically effortless. I barely had any points in body and didn't have any of the melee perks.

I had max body and still kept getting two-shot. Also, his weak spot didn't work. I ended up using the athletics exploit, which gave me enough points to invest heavily in stamina regen perks. Then I just stunlocked him. It took a solid minute of me just punching him over and over despite having gorilla arms. It was incredibly dumb and the single most frustrating thing I've experienced in this game.

• Options

I had max body and still kept getting two-shot. Also, his weak spot didn't work. I ended up using the athletics exploit, which gave me enough points to invest heavily in stamina regen perks. Then I just stunlocked him. It took a solid minute of me just punching him over and over despite having gorilla arms. It was incredibly dumb and the single most frustrating thing I've experienced in this game.

There has to be something weird going on under the hood for all these accounts to be so wildly different. Add it to the list I guess.

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Carrying from the other thread, V's briefs are CDPR's way of "fixing" clothing clipping issues, so we'll probably need mods to actual fix that issue.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

The game probably didn't realize you actually had gorilla arms equipped. I had that issue for many of my attempts, unable to block of counter without taking damage despite using gorillas, until it magically fixed itself one attempt and I curbstomped him with ease. Busted game is busted basically.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular

I'm not sure how you guys are going to beat Razor without a lot of perks into Athletics, Brawler, and having at least 18 body.

I recently beat Razor. Yes he can definitely two shot you even with armor perks, though a good parry definitely knocks him off balance. I equipped the berserk cyberware which I forgot to activate in the fight and equipped gorilla arms while putting a ton of points into perks. Passive that involve stunning opponents, doing more damage while they're stunned, having an armor increase, etc.

What you really want for the Razor fight is damage and the ability to stun. Purple gorilla arms were the extra boost in damage I needed to put the hurt on him. I did try to stunlock him but he managed to break free. The real trick with all of these fights is to make liberal use of dodge. If you don't dodge when they start doing their power moves, you're going to die in two hits. The combat is still janky as hell and it's difficult to lock onto enemies, but there's no way you're going to be able to stand toe to toe with this guy by taking his punches. It's very similar to Mike Tyson punchout in that the goal is to avoid getting hit or else it will be a one hit ko. Evade is really the key to beating all of the opponents.

I also highly recommend investing in passing health regen and combat regen so that your health is filling up if you do take a hit from him. Then the goal is to knock him off balance and dance around while you recharge your HP. You have to be able to take at least one punch.

Still have no clue how hacker based characters would fight this dude.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular

I cheated my way through. I don't think there's a legit way to do it.

But I think that's okay. I'm pretty sure those quests aren't required for anything (and don't really have any good rewards). And "you have to invest in fist fighting if you want to be the boxing champion" doesn't seem unreasonable.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The whole boxing quest line is a trash heap. Only making it worse playing on the hardest difficulty I'm sure, but I've taken wildly different damage from the same attack (two-hit or one-hit), and been hit in mid-air 15 feet above them and ringed out from it since I was above the railing of the submerged fighting pit. Their heatseeking ice-skating combo attacks look as dumb as any of the animation bugs Andromeda got trashed for.

Like the boxing in the Witcher series was never good, but nothing was ever this bad either.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I'm 99% certain the entire boxing questline is fucked because so many of the combat mechanics are fucked, the boxing matches seems to break even more stats and mechanics, and then the opponents themselves also have fucked stats. So you either have the stats to trivialize the fights, or the fights are essentially impossible.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

With a 20 Int/Reflex/Tech & 8 Body character, i had huge issues with teh final fight - the other fights were tough, but not too bad. But hte final fight i'd randomly be drained of stamina and unable to block.Like quite noticably so compared to the other fights where i was managing my stamina. His ghost range and ability to doo 400 damage in a hit (I had 555 hp ish) did not help.

I ended up using the weapon trick to grab a crafted baseball bat, and then beat the shit out of him with that. Try and get me to throw the fight, will ya?

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

I also highly recommend investing in passing health regen and combat regen so that your health is filling up if you do take a hit from him.

I thought that was bugged and non functional. Did they fix it?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    zqg2lz5dggd2.jpg

• Options

Ideally? By saying "That's your cue, Panam." and his head explodes and V proceeds to make all of his buddies bust into flames/shutdown/be electrocuted/choke out on poison/etc

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    If you’re a hacker dude you can probably equip 6 instances of legendary short circuit and then one shot him

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

I had max body and still kept getting two-shot.

*snip*

But not ONE shot. Makes it kinda doable

K so there's this hack called Short Circuit. Its legendary version - just by having it equipped on your cyberdeck, walking around, not hacking - casts itself every time you land a crit. So like, imagine shooting a guy with a SMG and a high crit.

With +67 to crit, 20 pts in body but 0 skills in body I just lit them up like electric mayhem and dodged what are if we're being honest very heavily telegraphed attacks.

That's how. For me at least.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ye ur punches damage right thru guard and also have a heavy stun effect, its pretty trivial

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    So that was a fun bug

Spoilers for the Voodoo Boys questline
    The guitar riff from the gig you go to as Johnny in cyberspace?

It didn't end.

It played through everything.

At one point I think I mentally filtered it out but it took getting out of the quest, saving, and then reloading to make it go away.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm getting close to the end of the game, shit is gettin real. I'm starting to feel a bit more sympathetic towards Johnny, though he's still an ass.

I did two parts of the Violence quest but from the ominous text V just got, I assume there's more? I'll bet that quest gets real weird.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    First time in Heywood. I am severely underleveled.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So that was a fun bug

It didn't end.

At one point I think I mentally filtered it out but it took getting out of the quest, saving, and then reloading to make it go away.

Yep, I had the same thing happen. That was fun.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    So that was a fun bug

It didn't end.

Yep, I had the same thing happen. That was fun.

Yep, eventually reloaded as it made a real moment zany.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Fun fact, you can put bodies in the trunks of any compatible vehicle you don’t own. I took out a bunch of mooks and threw one of their dead bodies in a random car trunk. Then drove around and because it was a hatch back the body was clearly visible and caused other mooks to aggro. I think my V might be a serial killer.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Fun fact, you can put bodies in the trunks of any compatible vehicle you don’t own. I took out a bunch of mooks and threw one of their dead bodies in a random car trunk. Then drove around and because it was a hatch back the body was clearly visible and caused other mooks to aggro. I think my V might be a serial killer.

Also putting live but unconscious people into containers counts as murdering them. Which failed an optional for me once, it was pretty funny.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Also putting live but unconscious people into containers counts as murdering them.
    What.