As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Cyberpunk 2077] Delisted on PSN in 2020, post-final release pushed back 57 years

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I think containers sometimes despawn bodies, which may be why it counts as murder?

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    I think containers sometimes despawn bodies, which may be why it counts as murder?

In character explanation:
    Every container has a pool of water at the botto.. Everyone drowns when they land face first while they are out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Sneaks wrote: »
    Also putting live but unconscious people into containers counts as murdering them.
    What.

Look, it's just not a very well made game.

Personally i make sure that once i've knocked someone out, i execute them. You get more exp that way! for.. some reason.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Also putting live but unconscious people into containers counts as murdering them.
    What.

Personally i make sure that once i've knocked someone out, i execute them. You get more exp that way! for.. some reason.

Hahaha. There are some other strange issues with lethal vs non-lethal. I have a gun that has no non-lethal mods and yet it flags me as not killing people on side gigs etc. Which is amusing cause often there are heads missing.

Bigity on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    What.

Hahaha. There are some other strange issues with lethal vs non-lethal. I have a gun that has no non-lethal mods and yet it flags me as not killing people on side gigs etc. Which is amusing cause often there are heads missing.

Stomach processors! They'll be fine

Except for the times you blow the stomachs out.

Comrade's hammer is very good for ensuring no-one survives, including random npcs, cars, and V (usually because of the Cars)

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular

I also highly recommend investing in passing health regen and combat regen so that your health is filling up if you do take a hit from him.

I thought that was bugged and non functional. Did they fix it?

Works on PC, unless I had a nourishment buff from eating food before starting the fight. But I'm pretty sure it's working.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    What.

There are mechanics that result in lethal rounds sometimes downing an enemy without killing them, such as if the finishing shot was to a limb instead of the head or if an elemental effect that kicked in on hit deals the final blow. But it does seem to be a bit glitchy.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I mean, you put an unconscious person in a sealed container they're gonna suffocate. It's really the most realistic it's totally not a bug nope uh uh.

• Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    So I started a new save recently and got to the mission where you meet Dex. Afterwards he lets me out of the car and then I instantly jump onto the roof of the car and decide to let Dex and his driver continue to chauffer me around the city. Jackie calls to set up the next mission - you have a choice of pursuing Evelyn Parker at Lizzie's bar or some Maelstrom lead. The entire conversation occurs while I'm perched on top of Dex's sedan and he's randomly moving through the city. I picked to pursue Evelyn Parker. The conversation ends and the new quest marker for Lizzie's bar pops up... which is 50 meters away and closing.

Somehow, the random pathfinding that Dex's car took routed me right in front of my next objective, which was determined in the conversation I was having on top of his car. My head canon is that Dex could hear me on the roof and decided to give me a lift to Lizzie's Bar so I could more easily complete his mission. Best fixer in Night City indeed.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    What.

It's definitely not all the time. I think it might be related to the bug where sometimes if you drop an unconscious person part of them can just explode randomly.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    What.

I mean

have you seen how V dumps the bodies

That’s a one way ticket to necksnap city

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Slortex wrote: »
    So I started a new save recently and got to the mission where you meet Dex. Afterwards he lets me out of the car and then I instantly jump onto the roof of the car and decide to let Dex and his driver continue to chauffer me around the city. Jackie calls to set up the next mission - you have a choice of pursuing Evelyn Parker at Lizzie's bar or some Maelstrom lead. The entire conversation occurs while I'm perched on top of Dex's sedan and he's randomly moving through the city. I picked to pursue Evelyn Parker. The conversation ends and the new quest marker for Lizzie's bar pops up... which is 50 meters away and closing.

Somehow, the random pathfinding that Dex's car took routed me right in front of my next objective, which was determined in the conversation I was having on top of his car. My head canon is that Dex could hear me on the roof and decided to give me a lift to Lizzie's Bar so I could more easily complete his mission. Best fixer in Night City indeed.
    I rode on an av related to the Peralez side quest. It was buggy as fuck and eventually despawned, dropping me to my death. View of the city was nice though.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

I rode on an av related to the Peralez side quest. It was buggy as fuck and eventually despawned, dropping me to my death. View of the city was nice though.

I started to do that, but realized I'd have no way down and hopped off before I got to lethal height.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Every time I try to call a vehicle while I'm near a building outside the city, it insists on spawning in a garage or enclosed yard and is either stuck there or explodes trying to get closer to me.

Spoilers: Just got to what I fucking HOPE is the last dialog in the Sinnerman chain.
    WHAT THE FUCK HOLY SHIT I SHOULD HAVE JUST FRAGGED THE GUY AND TAKEN HIS TRUCK AT THE START OF THIS WHY DID I EVEN GET IN THE CAR THIS JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE I SAID NO WAY WHY AM I WATCHING THIS WHY IS MY QUICKLOAD IS FORTY FIVE MINUTES OLD

Hevach on
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular

I don't think it's random, I think Dex hangs out at the Afterlife, so that's where his driver takes him. It just happens to be down the block from Lizzie's. It makes me wonder where all those guys I load into Fixer cars are actually heading, because sometimes I see them on the road well after I've sent them on their way. Must be going somewhere.

Related to the npc's existing away from me, one time I decided to sit in my apartment and call everybody on my contact list to see if there was anything special. Jackie was sounding strange, he had an echo like he was there with me and on the holo. After about 10 seconds of that, he appeared. Like, physically manifested in my apartment like a class 4 vapor. He was lounging in an invisible chair, just talking to me like he didn't teleport into my living room.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Every time I try to call a vehicle while I'm near a building outside the city, it insists on spawning in a garage or enclosed yard and is either stuck there or explodes trying to get closer to me.

Spoilers: Just got to what I fucking HOPE is the last dialog in the Sinnerman chain.
    WHAT THE FUCK HOLY SHIT I SHOULD HAVE JUST FRAGGED THE GUY AND TAKEN HIS TRUCK AT THE START OF THIS WHY DID I EVEN GET IN THE CAR THIS JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE I SAID NO WAY WHY AM I WATCHING THIS WHY IS MY QUICKLOAD IS FORTY FIVE MINUTES OLD

Nah, it keeps going. :D

I kind of loved that quest line myself.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

If it makes you feel better on every subsequent playthrough I grabbed a high powered tech weapon and eradicate everyone in that car.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Same, that shit was intense. First time I've ever done anything remotely like that in a game

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I guess there is more game after the biochip quest, so I should go ahead and do it?

Man I hope you don't mean The Heist. If you do, god damn is there more game.

The actual "point of no return" is utterly unmissable. There's an actual prompt/popup saying "HEY GUESS WHAT THIS IS".

Yeah.. "The Heist" is when the game world opens up and you actually start playing the meat of the quests...

Some things would be clearer if they had called act 1 the tutorial or something.

Right, but
    then it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?

Act 1
    What surprise?
    Being lightly killed and stuff?

Heist outcome
    Oh, that wasn't a surprise to me at all. Nothing about the job felt like a good idea and I knew shit was going sideways the moment I set foot in the limo.

I was internally screaming at V for going back to DeShawn. You just fucked up a fantastically high profile job and you're going back to the fixer?

Oh and by all means go clean up in the bathroom so you can walk out into the worlds most obvious betrayal, ya dumbass. :P
    Heists suffer as a plot element because we all know that any heist storyline in fiction ends with the heist not going as planned. The degree of how badly they go can vary and if they're a recurring event in a work some might even go well (e.g. GTA5 has some go according to plan vs. the singular one in Vice City not) but we really do expect any that singular heist that occurs early on in a story to go very badly.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    It would have been better if you had had a few before hand that worked out but this one blows up. That way it would have been harder to see it coming. Alternately had the part that blows up be the second step rather than the last step in the process. You need the relic in order to do Heist x and that is your real goal.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Same, that shit was intense. First time I've ever done anything remotely like that in a game
    It’s a wild quest:
    Exploring the logical consequences of societal degradation, hypercapitalism, religion, and technology. I’ve never seen anything like it outside a novel or isometric rpg. Nailing that loser to his cross was an odd mixture of satisfying and disturbing.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

It’s a wild quest:
    Exploring the logical consequences of societal degradation, hypercapitalism, religion, and technology. I’ve never seen anything like it outside a novel or isometric rpg. Nailing that loser to his cross was an odd mixture of satisfying and disturbing.

Oh man I thought I had finished it but after reading your spoiler I realized that I had just received the call to finish it. Whoops.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Playthrough 1 - Cyborg Ninja (20 Ref, 20 Cool, beat the game at like level 30) - asked Panam for help. 60 hours.

Playthrough 2 - Pure Hackermann (literally +25 points in the ultimate quickhacks skill, giving me +75% RAM regeneration) - 20 Int, 20 Cool, 20 Body. Completed literally every side activity and open world crime, all races, all fights, and got the Secret Nobody Dies ending. Around 80 hours.

About to start playthrough 3 - T-1000. Just me and a shotgun and we'll see how far I can take it.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

I don't think it's random, I think Dex hangs out at the Afterlife, so that's where his driver takes him. It just happens to be down the block from Lizzie's. It makes me wonder where all those guys I load into Fixer cars are actually heading, because sometimes I see them on the road well after I've sent them on their way. Must be going somewhere.

Related to the npc's existing away from me, one time I decided to sit in my apartment and call everybody on my contact list to see if there was anything special. Jackie was sounding strange, he had an echo like he was there with me and on the holo. After about 10 seconds of that, he appeared. Like, physically manifested in my apartment like a class 4 vapor. He was lounging in an invisible chair, just talking to me like he didn't teleport into my living room.

I had that happen with Rogue once. Turned around and there she was, cross-legged and floating above the sidewalk. I assumed those calls were just playing a prerendered video, but nope, the game apparently spawns the NPC somewhere and gives you a live camera view of them.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    So I've heard that mods don't stack if you have multiple, so I can't have two Bully mods for insane crit damage

But Deadeye is basically a Bully combined with a Fortuna. So does Deadeye stack with one each of the others?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    So I've heard that mods don't stack if you have multiple, so I can't have two Bully mods for insane crit damage

But Deadeye is basically a Bully combined with a Fortuna. So does Deadeye stack with one each of the others?

From all accounts, Deadeye does not work at all, currently. Best bet is 1 Bully, 1 Fortuna, and the rest Armadillos. Everything else is janky.

Mods need a lot of work. They are damn near worthless right up until they flip and break everything. There are too few clothing options with mod slots, so you get to level 30ish with 400 armor, spend an hour leveling your crafting, and you suddenly have 4000 armor. Still level 30. And most of the mods don't work or are totally worthless. Anybody interested in an oxygen suit that doubles your underwater time?

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

I also highly recommend investing in passing health regen and combat regen so that your health is filling up if you do take a hit from him.

I thought that was bugged and non functional. Did they fix it?

Works on PC, unless I had a nourishment buff from eating food before starting the fight. But I'm pretty sure it's working.

I have a hit point recovery cyberware mod that straight up does not function on pc.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Man crafting is a freaking pain, needs a tonne of points before you can do basically anything and I can't seem to find any decent recipes anywhere. 25 hours into my 2nd playthrough and I don't have any mod recipes at all and nothing usable on the gun or armour side either. Where the hell are these recipes?!

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Man crafting is a freaking pain, needs a tonne of points before you can do basically anything and I can't seem to find any decent recipes anywhere. 25 hours into my 2nd playthrough and I don't have any mod recipes at all and nothing usable on the gun or armour side either. Where the hell are these recipes?!

A good number are unlocked by skillups in the crafting skill itself. Many others are sold by stores but it's really spread out between shops and there do seem to be noticeable gaps in what you can buy. The better recipes tend to be from crime reports. Those tend to be for purple iconic weapons though that means you won't be using those until you have 12 points in Tech.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Honestly crafting seems mostly good if you like tech weapons (you get the quasar spec for free with enough exp in creating) or Iconics (most of which are found by killing the wanted targets - skulls on the map).

Otherwise yep it's a shit show. I stand by what I said in the Christmas forum - they should have made crafting sometime V is good at in general, used it as a character beat, and then had you get various recipes for investing in various trees so it helped to make your V feel distinct.

*Grumble*

• Options
    Honestly crafting seems mostly good if you like tech weapons (you get the quasar spec for free with enough exp in creating) or Iconics (most of which are found by killing the wanted targets - skulls on the map).

Otherwise yep it's a shit show. I stand by what I said in the Christmas forum - they should have made crafting sometime V is good at in general, used it as a character beat, and then had you get various recipes for investing in various trees so it helped to make your V feel distinct.

*Grumble*

I'd have been happy just with not having crafting as a separate skill. Splice it into Engineering if need be but any time you need to repeatedly craft items you won't use to level a skill in a single player game is just not good design. Even though you're gated by the Tech stat and not the crafting skill for what perks you can buy outside of the capstone you still need to hit certain skill levels for some schematics.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Finished my first run
    Had the Nomads help me, had V keep her body. Awesome ending, love that Judy joins up with me at the end... guess I'll be doing that ending with all my runs to see their romance variants.

Not going to redo any with this character though. Also not planning on replaying right away. Want to hit a couple other games in my backlog first.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

Crafting is bonkers powerful, but there's some quirks.

There is only one (common) mod recipe for each mod (weapons or clothing). The higher-quality ones will be created as a % of the regular ones you make off of that recipe. Make sure you're looting everything - a lot of the mod recipes are in NCPD street events and similar situations. Make sure you loot everything.

There's currently a major bug where clothing shop vendors (particularly the ones with legendary recipes) only show the recipes the very first time you open the store, and then never again. This sucks if you've browsed the store once at a low level and then go back later looking for them. There's really no way around this one - hopefully they fix it soon.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The way to make crafting work is mod your game files to allow for instant crafting. Not possible on console unfortunately. Then break down everything you aren’t using while pumping attributes and perk points into making your crafted items better. Build lots of nekomata rifles and sell them. This will boost your cash and level your abilities. Eventually, your blue nekomatas will sell for over $1k each. My second play through I’m swimming in cash and have super powerful weapons by only selling crafted stuff. Also building and scrapping green, blue and purple heath consumables will eventually give you more materials after scrapping than it takes to make them.

Also don’t upgrade armor, it’s utterly pointless.

yossarian_lives on

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I don't know why everyone uses the nekomata for money crafting, the uncommon outer torso you learn by lvling the skill sells for more. Also, funny exploit for lvling crafting: Disassembling from a stack of items will give you the xp for breaking the whole stack regardless of how many you actually choose t o disassemble. So you you can make a huge stack of gash grenades, break them down one at a time, and max out the skill in a few minutes. It's pretty handy.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I just go around hoovering up access points. Bought two legendary decks, back over 100k again and actually don't know what I'm going to buy with it. Well, maybe a new Arch, and another offroad bike if I can find one...? Yeah, about it tbh.

Leveling up tech now to do some crafting, and like... Why do I need to level the skill again? I just need the perks and the stat points, and hey there's my widgets. Skill levels are a nice bonus I guess?

Edit: Oh, reminds me, anyone have opinions on the Netdriver mk 5 vs the Tetratronic Rippler? Suppose it depends on how cooldown reduction per enemy eliminations works. (60s (120s - 45%) cooldown at 50% per elimination, base 2 targets... Math can go a few ways there.)

dporowski on
  • Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone uses the nekomata for money crafting, the uncommon outer torso you learn by lvling the skill sells for more. Also, funny exploit for lvling crafting: Disassembling from a stack of items will give you the xp for breaking the whole stack regardless of how many you actually choose t o disassemble. So you you can make a huge stack of gash grenades, break them down one at a time, and max out the skill in a few minutes. It's pretty handy.
    Didn’t know that. Does it use more components? Because the more components a recipe uses the faster your skill levels. Also I tend to sell the clothing materials directly for large piles of cash.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

*Grumble*

I'd have been happy just with not having crafting as a separate skill. Splice it into Engineering if need be but any time you need to repeatedly craft items you won't use to level a skill in a single player game is just not good design. Even though you're gated by the Tech stat and not the crafting skill for what perks you can buy outside of the capstone you still need to hit certain skill levels for some schematics.

What are you talking about I loved nothing more than spending hours tediously crafting bullshit ion Skyrim it was the best part of the game next to having to run a circuit in order mine my own god damned ore :P

• Options
    I just go around hoovering up access points. Bought two legendary decks, back over 100k again and actually don't know what I'm going to buy with it. Well, maybe a new Arch, and another offroad bike if I can find one...? Yeah, about it tbh.

Leveling up tech now to do some crafting, and like... Why do I need to level the skill again? I just need the perks and the stat points, and hey there's my widgets. Skill levels are a nice bonus I guess?

Edit: Oh, reminds me, anyone have opinions on the Netdriver mk 5 vs the Tetratronic Rippler? Suppose it depends on how cooldown reduction per enemy eliminations works. (60s (120s - 45%) cooldown at 50% per elimination, base 2 targets... Math can go a few ways there.)

The skill levels unlock some schematics that can be handy to have, especially if they're of the weapon types you favor.
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Didn’t know that. Does it use more components? Because the more components a recipe uses the faster your skill levels. Also I tend to sell the clothing materials directly for large piles of cash.

There's a green rocker jacket I've been making that uses the same components as a green Nekomata but sells for more. It weighs more though, which is annoying when I overload myself but am not right next to a vendor. However if I need to burn through common components and nothing else, the white quality Nekomata still seems to be the king.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    You know what's incredibly annoying in this game?

And i mean INCREDIBLY annoying. Just the worst.

The driver's seat is on the opposite side to what it is in my country. So every time a mission wants me to get in the passenger's seat, i go and try and drive the car instead.